FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧

Go down

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Empty ✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:09 am

Hello, and welcome to my personal role call. For role-plays, I tend to make several characters in addition to the main one that I play. This will be just a little spot to record them all in one place. All of the characters added here have a picture to go with them to help me focus on an appearance.

EDIT: This has been revamped completely. Since I currently have no other role-plays and cannot seem to hold any together, I'm using this space mainly for my character analysis and collection of information on my characters for The Other Kind of Roommate. Just to keep this separate from my personal thoughts and journal and keep everything better organized.

key:

׺°”˜`”°º×The Cast׺°”˜`”°º×

Gwen Stewart
Stephanie March
Osono "Ozzie" Wallace

Rudolph Quin
Richard Graninger
Cade Parker

"Noel"
Salvatore Robinson
Tommy McConaugh
Dean Winters
Brie
Todd
Reverend Brandon Wallace
Karen Kraft

Last edited by Ten on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 65 times in total

Back to top Go down

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Empty Re: ✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 am

✦ Index ✧

Characters
TOKoR Casting
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 1: Day 1
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 1: Day 2
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 2
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 3
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 4
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 5
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 6
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 7
TOkoR Mini Wiki Page 8

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:31 am

Name: Gwendolyn Stewart
Bio: A romance novelist who has experienced moderate success is busy trying to write the next big thing to wow her fans and her publisher. A typical shut-in with nosy tendencies, she also possesses some empathic ability that she cannot control.

Name: Stephanie March
Bio: The Agent working on Gwen's case. She has been trained in the use of Gwen's powers and plans to eventually become the one imported into Gwen's body. A bit obsessive and emotionally unstable.

Name: Osono "Ozzie" Wallace
Bio: A fiery woman with a destructive personality, and a tough attitude to match. Generally laid-back, she has a ready temper that flares up at the drop of a hat and dies down just as quickly. Gifted with pyrokinesis and has been chased doggedly by the Agency for years.

The Other Kind of Roommate
Secondary character

Name: Rudolph Quin
Bio: The Lead Agent on Osono's case, he has a real knack for catching up with her and avoiding death while in pursuit of her. Annoying and a bit of a loser, he has a habit of manipulating and lying to others for his own personal gain.

Name: Richard Graninger
Bio: A high-ranking Agent, the last several years he's spent training recruits and new Agents - he specializes in teaching everything from combat, weaponry, stealth, and tracking skills, to psychological and emotional training. He has a very intimate history with Stephanie March.

Name: "Noel"
Bio: Rudy's superior on the Wallace case and the Agent assigned for the body transfer.

Name: Salvatore Robinson
Bio: A taxi cab driver with a sunny disposition and he's pretty complacent when there's the promise of him getting paid.

Name: Tommy McConaugh
Bio: A taxi driver originally hailing from Brooklyn New York, he is of Irish descent and has a strong NYC accent.

Name: Dean Winters
Bio: A mild mannered man who works at the local coffee shop in Elmira, Mandy's Cafe. He puts up with a lot from the people in his life.

Name: Brie
Bio: An A-5 Agent, particularly skilled with the use of the suit that she wears, she has been trained for covert operations and is particularly good at gathering information and remaining undetected.

Name: Todd
Bio: A low-level Agent. Mainly works to make deliveries.

Name: Reverend Brandon Wallace
Bio: Osono's father, he's been a preacher for most of his adult life for a nondescript Christian denomination. Has not talked to his daughter in 6 years and he's been a widower for 4 years.

Name: Karen Kraft
Bio: Level A-8 Agent of American-Iranian descent. Works in the sick bay and has access to restricted medications.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun May 22, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:33 am

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Castinng

Here, I will place a breakdown of the different actors and actresses that I've chosen to "play" the different characters in this role-play. Ever since I was in middle school, I've done a "casting call" for all of my own personal writings and reading other people's works of fiction. When I read books now, I keep a folded piece of lined paper as a bookmark with a very organized list of all the characters that appear in the book and the actor/actress I imagine them as. I also keep a fat little notebook filled with an organized list of actors and actresses by age and appearance that I look through when trying to "fill" a role. It may seem a little odd for me to do this, but when I first started reading bigger novels in middle school, I found a lot of times I had trouble keeping track of characters. A lot of times, someone will be mentioned or appear in the beginning of the story and then show up later, often without another physical description attached and I'll be like "Who's that dude?" It's very annoying and frustrating, so the list is to help me remember who the characters are and what they look like so I'm not sitting there imagining a bunch of gray blobs talking to each other because I can't remember what they look like. It helps a lot, especially when I start to associate a particular actor or actress with that character. So, automatically, when I look at who's "playing" them, I remember why I chose that person and I remember the scenes the character has been in and the things they've said and done.

I like to consider myself a moderate movie buff. I have watched a lot of movies and TV shows, but I always imagine that there are people out there who have watched much more than I have and exposed themselves to a larger range of actors and actresses. So, I don't always know all the roles and moves that the actors and actresses I use have done, but if I see a movie I look at the cast and add people to the notebook. I generally think of actors and actresses as puppets when I use them this way, but even with a blank slate, there are certain things about the way actors and actresses carry themselves consistently that sets a boundary for what they can play. For instance, I would never "cast" Anthony Hopkins as a jester or in an idiot/humorous role. There is a certain dignity to his bearing - and also the fact that he's been "aged" for most of my life - and a certain timbre to his voice and manner of speaking that it would just not fit. That's not to say that he personally couldn't(for example, I consider Patrick Stewart to be the same way, but I HAVE seen him play as an effeminate gay man; even so, it is odd to think of him playing such a role).

So, although I'd like to say that I'm objective, I'm not and am heavily influenced by the roles and interviews I've seen these talented people star in. That being said, Tartra, if you feel similarly affected in this way, I would discourage any further reading of this analysis(especially the second half) if you feel it would restrict how you write/view your characters. But just in case you were interested, it's here for a read. Razz Please, also note, that when I select roles for people, it is usually based on the first impression and I do not restrain myself to only playing my characters the way the actors and actresses have played their roles - the films and shows I've seen them in just helps me place a face to them in the beginning and the rest of the character develops how I see fit for the rest of the role-play.

My Characters

Gwendolyn Stewart
played by Amanda Peet

As my main character, it was very important to me that this be a role of someone I am fond of. I wanted Gwen to be quirky and yet a strong person with a large emotional range. Being attractive was important, but she didn't need to be super pretty. Because of the tone of my opening post, and how I was planning on having her marching over to Alex's apartment to tell him off, I was heavily inspired by the film Saving Silverman and Peet's very tough girl role in that - which is one of my favorite comedies, BTW. There was also something very flirty and fun about her in A Lot Like Love and The Whole Nine Yards that made her attractive as a possible "softer" side to her character as well.

Stephanie March
played by Gwyneth Paltrow

My first thought for Stephanie, since I based Gwen's powers off of emotions and made her a very emotional person, was to have the exact opposite of her. Also, as far as appearance, since I'd established Gwen as dark brunette with semi-light features and blue eyes, I wanted Stephanie to contrast with her greatly on the other side of the scale. A few people I considered before fixating on Paltrow were Michelle Phiffer, Charlize Theron, and Angelina Jolie. For whatever reason none of those others fit what I had in mind for her - most of them seeming too strong in demeanor. Finally, I latched onto Paltrow because of her role in The Royal Tenenbaums, Margot, who had that kind of emotionless, vapid demeanor that I was looking for. Also, for most of her roles, Paltrow has very fair hair and skin, with darker colored eyes, so it fit appearance-wise as well.

Osono Wallace
played by P!nk

When I first thought of Osono, I immediately had her played by Fairuza Balk - who's personality I was inspired by in her roles in The Craft and American History X. However, for the first post I wrote up for her - which ended up being deleted and rewritten - was very extreme and intense. I at first thought of Ozzie as being very amoral and destructive, randomly so, to the point of sociopathic. My original plan for her was to have her acting as almost an antagonist to Gwen and Alex - independent of the Agency problems and more like a passing destruction. However, it ended up being too much and I even think the whole tone of that first post and the character itself went a little too dark for what we were playing with at the time. So, I took her out and waited a while before bringing her back in, revamped a little. I kept the blonde short hair and the attitude but I tempered down the aggression to being surly and rebellious. She went from the chaotic to a troubled young woman on the run, untrusting and ready to fight. P!nk fit this for my idea of her because of her performance persona and how it's very "rock" rough. But she also does a lot of "diary-esque" R&B and in interviews, she's a very down to earth person, so it fit the range that I had in mind for her.

Rudolph Quin
played by James Roday

When I first thought of Rudy, I thought of Pauly Shore, but I knew if I played him that way, I wouldn't be able to resist inserting Shore's different quirks and phrases and it would have been obvious he wasn't Rudy, but that the Agency had hired Pauly Shore as an Agent! XD At the time I made him, I was well into watching season 2 of Psych and I'm very fond of Roday's character in that. It seemed a good balance to Osono and he could have his own personality rather than be a type-cast actor.

Richard Graninger
played by Kiefer Sutherland

When I originally imagined Richard, I had in mind someone a lot older - like in his mid to late fifties - but as the role-play wore on and I actually started making plans to bring him in, I made him just a bit younger. It seems like all of Kiefer Sutherland's roles have him playing a bad guy or a snobby jerk, and I've seen almost all of his movies, so to pinpoint a specific one for his inspiration might be difficult - but if I HAD to say, it would be Flatliners, which is one of my all-time favorites, BTW.

Noel
played by Olivia d'Abo

I originally did not have anyone in mind for her, but the more I fleshed out her character and how she seems so domineering and yet victimized by Rudy, I latched onto Olivia - who played Nicole Wallace in Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

Salvatore Robinson
played by Jorge Garcia

I had in mind a bigger gentleman with dark brown hair and long side burns with a kind of Italian/swarthy ethnicity. I wanted him to be quiet but interested and a bit mousey but not afraid to speak his mind. The guy who played Hurley on Lost fit this idea perfectly.

Tommy McConaugh
played by Patrick Fitzgerald

I was inspired by the episode "Remorse" of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit to make this character. I wanted the next cab driver to be mouthy with a New York accent(I'm addicted to New York state and NYC and I insert it into everything, in case you didn't notice).

Dean Winters
played by Will Ferrell

Just a minor character but he was involved enough that I gave him a face. I was inspired by Ferrell's roles in Step Brothers and Stranger Than Fiction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:34 am

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Wiki1

Hello! And welcome to the TOKoR Mini Wiki! This will mostly be a catalog of crucial plot-points and IC information to make it easily accessible. After 8 pages and 200+ posts, we're bound to lose something! And it's a bitch to go through every single time. So, that's why this is here! Now to give a small explanation of how I plan to set this up and what everything means so you don't get lost in the wiki!

First, I will separate each post for this analysis by page number - forget that this first post is concluded at the first "day" of the role-play in the middle of page 1.

2 - each subsection will be divided by post number. However, for each new page, I will start back at 1 just to make it easier to find stuff and you're not stuck counting "1,301; 1,302, 1,3--crap! Lost my place!" As it is, you'll be stuck counting 30 posts for each page, so...good luck! *thumbs up*

3 - I'll give an explanation of each new subsection as they come up and there will be a general explanation for all of the current ones in this first post.

4 - each bar of information collected is for references purposes only to help give you an idea of where to find this information. Sometimes, if it's short enough, I will quote the whole thing, but other times, I'll skip parts with a [...] and just keep the relevant information, to make this easier to navigate.

5 - So that scrolling isn't a bitch, I'll keep all info in spoilers.

6 - each post in this wiki will be headed by a detailed time-line to show changes of scenery and actions
EDIT: And each timeline will be accompanied by a list of the different plot points and their corresponding post, to better orient you for each page.

I will try my best to catch everything relevant, and I will attempt to take frequent breaks so it doesn't wear on me, but still, I'm only human and a few minor things might be missed here and there - hopefully with another scan, which I'm constantly doing with this role-play, I'll fill in the cracks.

Subsections for First Day:

Agency Body Transfer Process - here, I will be collecting any references to the body transfer process and what has happened to Alex and Xander and what is going to happen to them. Anything about tubes, brains, cells, transfers, etc. will be found here.

Xander details - here, I will be collecting any references and information about Xander and Alex's abilities and physical relationship. Things like, how fast Xander is, how Alex's powers work, Xander's growing fatigue, how much control each of them has etc. will go here.

Injuries - here is a list of references of Alex's injuries and wounds. When other characters get hurt(like Rudy, for instance), they will be added with their own subsection to this group.

Physical Descriptions - here, I will collect character descriptions. Usually, after the initial post, it might not get much info here, until the character's physical appearance changes.

History - anything that is mentioned as happening before the role-play began. This will include a subsection for Agency history when it comes up.

Gwen details - references to her powers and how they work.

Minor Characters mentioned - here will go references to characters that are mentioned but are not present, or even characters that have no speaking parts but make a physical appearance.

Agency Technology - here, will be references to any Agency tech, anything from descriptions of it to actual explanations of how it works.

Things I plan to include:
Locations

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Day1

key:

Timeline:

Gwen starts writing - Post 2

Xander flips out for an hour - Pre-Post 1

laptop destroyed - Post 2

confronts Alex - Post 2

makes dinner - Post 6

cleans apartment - Post 7

brings Gwen pizza - Post 7

Jason enters - Post 7-9

sleep - Post 11

sleep - Post 12

Agency Body Transfer Process:

Spoiler:

Xander details:

Spoiler:

Injuries:

Spoiler:

Physical descriptions:
Alex:

Spoiler:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Alex history:

Spoiler:

Gwen history:

Spoiler:

Gwen details:

Spoiler:

Minor Characters mentioned:
Arthur Crags:

Spoiler:

Steven Diaz/Mordeth(Gwen's story characters):

Spoiler:

Agency Technology:
Jason's suit:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:36 am

Note: I realized that the "Timelines" are pretty useless unless I include a list of the post #s that go with each plot point, so, I've included that in the last post and in this post.

Subsections for Second Day:

Locations - Pretty self-explanatory. This will include physical descriptions of relevant places and also any maps that I've made to go along with the place.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Day2

key:

Timeline:

wake-up/get ready - Post 12-14

wake-up/interrogation - Post 13

goes to Gwen's - Post 13-15

introduction - Post 15

introduction - Post 16

leave room - Post 17

hears Agent - Post 18

walk to coffee shop - Post 20-30(and cont. on Page 2)

Xander punches Alex in alley - Post 23

asks about Xander - Post 26

Alex talks about Xander - Post 27

confronts Alex - Post 28

Xander flips out - Post 29

apologizes - Post 30

Agency Technology:
Sunglasses:

Spoiler:

Xander details:

Spoiler:

Gwen details:

Spoiler:

Alex history:

Spoiler:

Gwen history:

Spoiler:

Injuries:

Spoiler:

Physical descriptions:
Alex:

Spoiler:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Locations:
Gwen apartment:

Spoiler:

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Apartment

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 am

Subsections for Page 2:

Agency history/details: This is everything mentioned about the Agency pre-role-play and also references to specifics within the inner workings of the Agency. Restrictions(how much Agents can operate within the public sphere, how they act towards each other, etc.), rumors, ranks, skill sets, etc. are all documented here.

Stephanie details: All information and references to the EDP.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Page2

key:

Timeline:

alley fight with Mike Weir - Post 7

dizzy/nosebleed - Post 8

arrive at Roasters - Post 10

discovers notes - Post 10

orders coffee - Post 11-13

Xander talks to Gwen - Post 17-19

leaves Roasters - Post 20

fights Agents - Post 21

powers awakened - Post 22

talks to Agent in alley - Post 23-25

leave alley - 25-26

Benoit interrogates Jason - Post 27

Stephanie enters - Post 28

chokes Jason/releases him - Post 30

Spoiler:

Agency Technology:
Jason's suit:

Spoiler:

Sunglasses:

Spoiler:

Agency history/details:

Spoiler:

Xander details:

Spoiler:

Gwen details:

Spoiler:

Stephanie details:

Spoiler:

Alex history:

Spoiler:

Gwen history:

Spoiler:

Benoit history:

Spoiler:

Stephanie history:

Spoiler:

Injuries:
Alex:

Spoiler:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Physical descriptions:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Benoit:

Spoiler:

Jean:

Spoiler:

Jason:

Spoiler:

Stephanie:

Spoiler:

Mike Weir:

Spoiler:

Barista:

Spoiler:

Peter:

Spoiler:

reading minds:

Spoiler:

Gary:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 am

Note: Even though they get separated, I'm including Jason's goggles in the subsection "suit" because they're a part of it. Also, instead of making a separate subsection for Jean's history, I'm including it in Benoit's section. Hopefully, by the tone of the passages, you'll be able to tell the difference and I don't think there's enough to warrant a separate section all his own before he dies.

Subsections for Page 3:

Jason details: things not covered by his history, any skills he has not directly relating to the suit goes here.

Electric Pen

Lenses

Cities - general list of place names and directions. Will include maps eventually.

Reading minds - list of specifically named people whom Gwen reads the minds of.

People Xander let live 2 months - probably a one time thing for this page because Jason mentions them by name. I do not remember if he does that again, so this subgroup will probably not show up again.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Page3

key:

Timeline:

Benoit leaves - Post 3

gives Jason energy bar - Post 4

Agents enter Gwen's apartment - Post 5-6

Benoit returns - Post 9

leaves Gwen's apartment - Post 10

Gwen and Alex arrive back at apartment building - Post 11-12

collapses - Post 12

Gw&Ax get on elevator - Post 14

Gw&Ax get off elevator - Post 15

kisses Alex - Post 16

Xander kisses Gwen - Post 17

encounters Gwen - Post 20

Xander leaves Alex's apartment - Post 21

fights Gwen - Post 22

steals goggles and zaps Steph and Jason - Post 23

Gw&Ax get in cab - Post 26

wakes up - Post 26

Xander falls asleep - Post 27

Benoit returns - Post 27

Spoiler:

Agency Technology:
Jason's suit:

Spoiler:

Electric pen:

Spoiler:

Lenses:

Spoiler:

Agency history/details:

Spoiler:

Xander details:

Spoiler:

Gwen details:

Spoiler:

Stephanie details:

Spoiler:

Jason details:

Spoiler:

Alex history:

Spoiler:

Gwen history:

Spoiler:

Benoit history:

Spoiler:

Jason history:

Spoiler:

Stephanie history:

Spoiler:

Injuries:
Alex:

Spoiler:

Physical descriptions:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Benoit:

Spoiler:

Jean:

Spoiler:

Jason:

Spoiler:

Stephanie:

Spoiler:

Locations:
Gwen apartment:

Spoiler:

Cities:

Spoiler:

Arthur Crags:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

reading minds:

Spoiler:

Gary:

Spoiler:

People Xander let live/2 months:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am

Note: Not too much on this page since the bulk of it was character development. The posts on this page were mostly short with very little mention of history or Agents - mostly just action and reactions to what was happening NOW. There were several posts in a row that I didn't take down anything for because there wasn't anything important to this documentation in them.

As far as the timelime, the Agents just discuss joining forces for 2-3 posts each, before we drop them for this page, so they were not included on the graph.

Subsections for Page 4:

Nathan details/history - anything regarding "Nathan's", the banshee's or David's powers and history. I'm putting the power and history together for now because I'm not sure if there's enough to really separate the two subgroups - so for right now it's just a general "all information about Nathan". If it becomes too crowded, I may separate it into two groups later.

Nathan(physical description)

Vestal Suites - a one time thing to include the map of the hotel.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Page4

key:

Timeline:

patches Alex's foot - Post 2-4

checks into the hotel - Post 4

Xander wakes up - Post 5

leave the hotel to walk to Starbucks - Post 12

orders from Starbucks - Post 15-17

storms out/goes to Sally's Boutique - Post 16

destroys the bank card/leaves the store with Gwen - Post 19

cries - Post 20

Xander hugs Gwen - Post 21

go to the Italian restaurant - Post 24-25

Nathan enters - Post 29

Spoiler:

Agency Technology:
Sunglasses:

Spoiler:

Lenses:

Spoiler:

Agency history/details:

Spoiler:

Xander details:

Spoiler:

Gwen details:

Spoiler:

Stephanie details:

Spoiler:

Nathan details/history:

Spoiler:

Alex history:

Spoiler:

Gwen history:

Spoiler:

Benoit history:

Spoiler:

Stephanie history:

Spoiler:

Injuries:
Alex:

Spoiler:

Gwen:

Spoiler:

Physical descriptions:
Gwen:

Spoiler:

Benoit:

Spoiler:

Jean:

Spoiler:

Stephanie:

Spoiler:

Nathan:

Spoiler:

Locations:
Cities:

Spoiler:

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Vestal1

Vestal Suites:

Spoiler:

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Hotelfloor2

Mike Weir:

Spoiler:

Barista:

Spoiler:

reading minds:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:40 am

Notes: Agents reappear on this page, but I didn't give them much action because they mostly just talk in the car. Also, the map isn't anywhere they've been, but it's a location mentioned to give an estimate of where the Agents are on the road, when Gwen locks with Stephanie.

Subsections for Page 5:

Jason(injuries)

people considered for transfer into Alex - Probably a one time thing, but names were briefly mentioned on this page.

✦ The TOKoR Mini Wiki ✧ Page5

key:

Timeline:

recognizes Gwen - Post 1

grabs Nathan - Post 1

leave restaurant - Post 2-3

return to hotel - Post 5

Xander passes out - Post 5

ties up Nathan and fixes Alex's foot - Post 6

sleeps - Post 8

Day 3

jumps on bed and wakes Gwen up - Post 9