FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOKoR Artbook

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

TOKoR Artbook  Empty TOKoR Artbook

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Some of you may or may not know this, but I'm absolutely in love with my current role-play with Tartra, The Other Kind of Roommate. She is just an amazing writer, her prose is full of an energy that just catches you up on a wave, not to mention she's a very responsive and creative writing partner.

Occasionally, I get inspired to draw things for TOKoR and it's becoming consistent enough that I'm going to make this thread to display all that I've done so far, all in one place. Anyways, enjoy! ^^

**EDIT: Sorry, I had to put some of these pictures in links. It was becoming hard to load this thread. They've all been marked with a large yellow star so it's easier to find them.

**EDIT: All the linked drawings have been added to the first post and will from this point forward be added there. Updates will be marked by "red" stars for about a week for anyone who's keeping track of this other than Tartra and I.

**EDIT: NEW COMIC THREAD

TOKoR Artbook  Tartrabirthday7
(click on picture for larger version)

The Other Kind of Roommate Mock Book Cover

Recently, on the 12th of August, Tartra had a birthday and I made this for her. A fake book cover for our role-play with all the main characters displayed on the front. It was fairly easy to do - done in markers and colored pencils - but since when I started, I wasn't really sure about spacial quality and where I wanted to put everyone, the actual physical picture is in pieces. Everything, from the title to each one of the characters is a separate piece. I scanned them all in the computer individually, then messed around with them in GIMP, Paint, and IrfanView to get them where I wanted them. And Xander(the guy with the eye beams) his head is A LOT bigger than everyone else's(even bigger than is shown here) and he had to be resized so he fit on the page. ^^; And the original hand-drawn lettering that I did, the color adjustments I did for it - because the scanner tends to make things look a little washed out - made it look too bright and weird; it was an eye sore. So, I went back and redid the "Roommate" part. But then the part overtop of it looked lame and fell into the background, so I just redid the whole thing.

TOKoR Artbook  RIPJean1
(click the picture for larger version)

Version with Eyes

R.I.P. Jean

Recently, one of the main characters died in the role-play while fighting with Xander - one of a pair of Tartra's main characters - and it was such an epic and badass scene, I decided to draw it. Markers and colored pencils again, and I couldn't decide if I liked it better with Xander's eyes showing or just plain white, so I decided to put both versions up. Below is an excerpt from the role-play, the scene that Tartra wrote.
Spoiler:
*gets goosebumps again from rereading it* ^.^

TOKoR Artbook  Awake2
(click for larger version)

Original version
Version 2
Version 3 (caution: kinda big)
Roasters Background

The Awakening

Here is a scene from earlier in the role-play when Gwen is in front of Roasters and Xander is attacking Agents using his mind-frying powers. The effect his powers have on her - since they work on a mental level and she's a psychic + empath - are that they jump start her abilities and she gets a boost from it. As a result, when he first started attacking and killing people using it, it "awakened" her own abilities. It was a somewhat monumental scene and I liked the imagery I came up with for it, so I decided to illustrate it. I had it in my mind that she's watching Xander fight off Agents and is reaching out for him while she's stuck inside a psychic "bubble", so that he doesn't leave her behind.

Gwen was done on a separate sheet of paper and pasted on overtop of the background, in the computer. Markers and colored pencils - the background is completely markers. And there are 3 versions of this - plus the original, undistorted one - because I was having fun in GIMP. Razz The main one I put up is the one I like best, but the "fish bowl" (listed as version 3 above) is what I originally had in mind when I started doing this picture. It didn't turn out as nifty as I thought it would, so I like the one I have up the best out of all three versions. ^_^

I've also included the unedited Roasters Background, so you can see it without Gwen. Just for S&G. *shrugs*

TOKoR Artbook  Bite5
(click on picture for larger version)

Sketch
Inked

Kiss Me! - That's An Order!

This was a scene I had to do. Even though I've already done a "romantic" scene with Jason and Stephanie, with this one, I just didn't have a choice. Needed to be done. Another example of her impulse control problem when the first moment they get alone together, she grabs Jason for a bite-alicious kiss! Just because she can and he can't do squat about it. Laughing I'm absolutely loving the "Do not want!" look on Jason's face, lol. Poor fella, so abused and used. Hehe.

I included each part of the process as well, because each has slight differences and I like them all. Razz Markers and colored pencils, as always.

Serene Punch!

Gwen and Stephanie's first fight early on in the role-play. Both women were done on separate sheets of paper and then pasted together in the computer. Markers and colored pencils. Not much to say about this except it's...an action...shot. *shrugs* I might go back in later and get rid of all those bothersome white dots - OR alternatively, I can be lazy and say that I MEANT to put them there to represent the whitenoise Stephanie emits when Gwen tries to read her mind(it was an especially hard fight because of that).

GOOD MORNING!/Wake-up Call

This is another silly scene from the role-play. I got the image in my head and decided to put it to paper. This is what REALLY happened that morning in the hotel - as opposed to that snugly scene that I put up earlier. Laughing Xander, he's such a wild card!

I decided not to do a background so it's kinda empty, and also the sizes of different things puts off the perspective - Xander's right foot, Gwen's body - but I think it does alright. You get the general idea and it's not an eyesore. Also, Gwen IS wearing underwear. The angle of her legs just hides it.

And here are some sketches I did a while back of the main characters. Just plain, regular pencil:

Gwen and Alex
Alex
Xander
Lead Agent: Benoit
Agent: Jean
Lead Agent: Stephanie
Agent: Jason(2 different versions)
Lead Agent Stephanie revamp
A-1 Agent Eric
Lead Agent Rudy sketch
Firegirl Osono sketch

LIST OF DRAWINGS IN THREAD:

Backseat Temptation/The Agency Sexual Harassment Suit

"Um...Good Morning?"

Syrup-syrup-syrup-syrup-syrup!-glurb-glurb-glurb-glurb!

Xander/Alex Facial Profile

Caffeine Fiend

Xander Fanservice

Agency Mile High Club

Stephanie Fanservice Poster

Gwen & Alex

Xander

Eric & Jean

Benoit

Stephanie

Jason

Nathan

THE BIG GROUP PHOTO!

DeviantArt Link

Ozzie and Rudy

Ramp of Fire

Staring Death in the Face

The Joy of Eric

Let's Bounce!

Stephanie Repose sketch
Stephanie Repose sketch 2

Jason sketch

Alexander sketch

Benoit Eyebrow Raise sketch

Jean sketch

Melvin-Eric sketch

Gwen sketch

Osono sketch

Nathan sketch

Xander sketch

Battle Worn Alex

Bedhead

Demotion

Benoit House Party

Benoit alone
Stephanie alone
Eric alone

The Pain of the Fallen

Original version
Gwen version

Jason sketch 3

– Yeah, he could do that shit, too –

Stephanie sketch 4

Falling Apart

Xander Badassery

Eric Flying High

Xandoodle

Odd Couple

Bad Day

Xander Water/Emotive Portrait

Uninked Version

Xander Black and White

"The Old People Kind"/"You suck, Mom!"

Osono sketch 2

BRAWNDO YELLER!!!

"Let Me Hold You..."

Legends of the Fallen

Lolololololololololololhugshugshugshugshugs!!!!!!!

Hawt Girl

Strangled on a Phone Wire Page 1

Strangled on a Phone Wire Page 2

Rudy sketch

Rudy Sketch After

Gwen sketch 2

Road Trip

Benoit's Woe

Gary sketch

Gary sketch 2

Cupcake

The Other Kind of Roommate Mock Book Cover 2

Xander Spears

"Bitte..."

Agency Christmas Party

Agency Christmas Party pt 2

Jobless 1

Jobless 2

Things I Can't Say

Things I Can't Say original color

Fierce Finger

Making Faces page 1

Making Faces page 2

Making Faces page 3

We Meet Again page 1

We Meet Again page 2

We Meet Again page 3

We Meet Again page 4

Madeline sketch

Eric sketch

Jason sketch 3

Stephanie sketch

Good Luck

Team of Rogues

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 76 times in total

Back to top Go down

TOKoR Artbook  Empty Re: TOKoR Artbook

Post by Tartra Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:58 am

I think I like the version without his eyes showing more. Looks crazier. Very Happy

Awwww, Jean... At least we have Eric, right?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:11 am

Indeed! <3 Eric too. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:08 am

Alright, this was the other idea I had recently, in conjunction with the fight scene - I just got excited and submitted the first one before I'd started this one. ^^; Anyways,

Backseat Temptation/The Agency Sexual Harassment Suit

Backseat 2
Backseat 3

This was a fairly amusing couple of posts and Tartra was particularly tickled by my character's...exhibitionist/secret flirtatious/threatening advances upon hers so I decided to draw it! Very Happy There's something wrong with her neck but I'm as of this moment too tired to pinpoint exactly what it is and try and fix it. =/ And her hand could have been a little bit less exaggerated.

Also, Benoit was done on a separate sheet of paper and pasted over - I'm not sure which I like better, with or without him and the third version with Stephanie's thought bubble overlapping his smoke just looks weird to me. The original plan was to include him, but while drawing him, I thought it seemed kinda creepy - to have a scene with the two sadomasochistic lovebirds in the backseat and then have right in the foreground, some smoking dude smirking to himself. Kinda puts a whole new spin on the scene, so I made two versions. >,<

Stephanie fought me through drawing the whole thing - she did not want to sit right with her legs crossed! >8[ The little brat... But Jason was a little angel! ^.^ So much fun coming up with his suit(I put the Agency logo on both his shoulders and his belt buckle, but you can't really see it clearly) and his face came out like magic! So kee-oot! Razz And Benoit, as always, was effortless. heart

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 pm

"... some smoking dude smirking to himself."

I can't tell you how many times that's made me laugh, mostly because it's so damn true. That's literally what happened and I love it.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Heheh, well, I was thinking of it from the point of view of someone looking at it for the first time.

"Here is a funny picture."

*adds Benoit*

"Here is a funny picture displaying voyeuristic tendencies..." X3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I just laughed even harder. Oh Time... Very Happy
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:42 am

Sad What happened to the sketch you had of them in the hotel?
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 am

I took it down because I'm thinking of finishing it. I'm very fond of it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:59 am

YAY! Because I loved Xander's face in it. From the beginning of the roleplay to now, that expression is his absolute essence: why hello, hot chick hugging me, I appreciate the body warmth but you woke me up.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:03 am

Hehe! That's exactly what I imagined his line of thinking would be! X3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 am

"Um...Good Morning?"

A scene for the role-play which I planned extensively for but never actually happened. It would have occurred when Gwen and Xander stayed the night in the hotel. The idea behind it was that Gwen would wake in the night from a nightmare - most likely caused by her wandering psychic powers while asleep - and that she'd leave her bed and come to snuggle up with Xander for comfort. ^^ I imagined his reaction would have been really positive or the "WTF?" illustrated above. Done in colored pencils and markers.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 am

I love it and I shall cherish it forever.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 am

-^^- A sentimental moment that never was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Syrup-syrup-syrup-syrup-syrup!-glurb-glurb-glurb-glurb!

Alright, this is a really silly picture. I don't know why I chose to illustrate this scene except for the simple fact that I wanted to draw Nathan and this seemed the best spot to do so. X3 It's the scene in the role-play where Xander and Gwen are interrogating the "banshee" inside Nathan's head in the hotel room. The breakfast cart arrives in the middle of it and the kid goes nuts for the syrup and they figure out he wants to drink it. So, Xander obliges him, with minimal interest and curiosity.

I redrew this at least three times trying to get Xander positioned right for pouring and it ended up putting him way too high on the page. But whatever. I'm happy with it and it makes me giggle to look at it. Markers and colored pencils.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I don't know which expression I adore more. I've gotta stop looking at your art in public places. Everyone thinks I'm insane.

I daresay we need a group picture at some point.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Oooo-! Ooo-! I most certainly will have to do one! XD It's gonna be awesome-sauce! And I'm very tickled to hear I make you guffaw randomly in public. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Xander/Alex Facial Profile

Just some sketches of Xander's facial expressions as I imagine them. He's so hawt... Sweat Drop I was going to do a couple for Alex too, but I'd already finished Xander and...was content to leave it as is, hehe. Sweat Drop Although if I feel like it, maybe I'll do a few for Alex later. I wanted there to be a noticeable difference between them as far as the expression of the eyes goes, so from one picture to the next, you'd be able to tell which was Xander and which was Alex - which I imagine, in the world of the role-play, you'd be able to detect some change had occurred when they switch control of the body. The differences in the eyes and facial expressions were my way of articulating that visually. Just pencil sketches.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Topmost one? That one's my favourite. Since I'm incredibly overdue for an avatar, I might actually snatch that one up.

Hooray for Xander! He's both a blessing and a curse, but at least you made him (technically Alex) nice to look. Laughing

I also love how 'whatever' has become his default expression, aside from his regular 'you're breathing's too loud so I'm going to kill you'. I approve of this immensely.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Hehe, the neutral expression of Xander is my personal favorite, just 'cause. ^^ And whoot! I feel honored that you'd want to use my art as an avatar. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Did everyone read that? THAT'S PERMISSION. I TAKE THAT AS PERMISSION.

Smile Couldn't ask for anything better.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 pm

*squees delightedly* Clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 am

Connection Broken - Unfinished

I'm probably not going to finish this. It was going to be the scene where Gwen connects with Stephanie through the goggles and ends up getting stunned when the Agent cuts the connection. I was going to have Stephanie all dark and inverted like this and then Gwen would be all white with a black background - speckled with white paint splatter - and I'd have a chain link being broken somewhere below or behind them...or something. But after drawing Stephanie, I kinda lost steam with it and decided to just leave it as is. Just a sketch.

Caffeine Fiend

"You will make it like they do at Starbucks or I will fuck you up!"

"Sir...th-this is R-R-Roasters... pl-please don't kill me...!"

Xander likes Starbucks. Neutral He will settle for nothing less and when he is forced to do so, he does not make it easy on the poor, confused baristas. Markers and colored pencils.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:44 pm

-^____________________________________________________^-

Really, there's no other response I can give. A dramatic contortion of a vaguely anime emoticon is the best I can do.

I feel bad for any coffeeshop that isn't Starbucks. :'( They get off so easy compared to everyone else.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Okay, so I completely missed out on the other pictures you made. It wasn't until my browser screwed up and dragged me to the top of the screen, forcing me to go back down to the lower ones, did I realize that I had a new reason to squeal ecstatically until my roommate tried knocking down the door because he thought I'd hurt myself and needed help. What a great guy. Good to know he'll never actually help me when I need it anymore. Sad

I blame you and your amazing art for that, Time.

As an additional note, I'd like to state that I believe JASON AND STEPHANIE ARE AWESOME LIKE AN AWESOME BOMB THAT EXPLODES AT THE STROKE OF AWESOME! And now that you've named it 'Wake Up Call' and drew Xander with his mouth open, I can literally only re-read that scene if I imagine deep down in his heart he's screaming over and over 'WAKE UP GWEN IT'S WAKE UP TIME!' like a crazy man.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:52 pm

*giggles ecstatically!* I'm so glad you like them all and I'm sorry I made you cry wolf to your roommate. We'll all just be praying that nothing bad ever happens to you. Razz

And I know, I adjusted the thread because it's starting to load funny with all the images and I thought putting them all in one post would help but it didn't. So, I'm gonna have to go back and make most of them links so the thread won't jump around when it loads. But anyways, I didn't mean to "hide" the new ones from you like that. X3

And yus, my new favorite is Stephanie and Jason smoochin'. ^.^ I love Jason's face and Stephanie's fist in his hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Xander Fanservice WIP

Alright...I have no excuse for this. I fully admit. I have a Xander problem. Sweat Drop I cannot help it and anybody who's read the role-play will understand - the guy is frigging awesome. I want to jump his bones. >.>

*clears throat* Anyways... This is not done but I got excited and decided to put up what I have so far. Coloring later. Sleep now.

Oh, and Tartra, if you happen to see this before it's finished: if you cannot guess what the tagline for this picture will be, then you make me sadness, since you were the one who came up with it. Flirt

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm going nuts trying to think of what I said. I'll probably remember (or lie and say I did) when I hear it, but I'll just have to wait in suspense for now. Sad

My goodness, I almost feel bad about trying to yank him out of Alex's body. Why didn't I make Alex as cool as Xander?!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Heh, that's okay, I thought you might have trouble remembering. ^^;

TOKoR Artbook  Xanderfans3
(click picture for larger version)

Xander Fanservice

Here is Xander posing lewdly and offensively(saying something along the lines of "Fuck off!" or alternatively "Suck it!") with his unofficial catch-phrase that Tartra came up with. For Xander's recent fangirls (4 so far >.>).

Markers and colored pencils.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:13 pm

XD Okay, that I remember.

I love this. I really, really do. And I hope you know I've been showing your art to other people (who apparently have no access to their own computers), so make that 5, because the 6th has some eerie thing for Benoit...
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next