FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garden of Angels OOC [closed]

+2
Hisoka
Eternity
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Garden of Angels OOC [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Garden of Angels OOC [closed]

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:11 am

Not trying to point any fingers or anything, but let's just remember while this is early on that we will not have flawless characters and we need to assure that in scenes of battle that everyone has a chance to flaunt a little bit unless I dictate a solo battle for someone.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

The Garden of Angels OOC [closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Garden of Angels OOC [closed]

Post by Hisoka Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah that is good and all but who in Mithra's name is the red headed drow chick.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:24 am

Just heed my word, and she is the main antagonist of the story.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 am

This outta be good. I look forward to finding out how this is going to work out.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 am

Yeesh, I sleep in a little late and wake up to find that half of you guys have already posted again! Yikes! I'll get another one up today ASAP. Laeriel will tend to Harry's injured knee, and I've got one little surprise up my sleeve to keep the tension going Razz
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 am

SilvanArrow wrote:Yeesh, I sleep in a little late and wake up to find that half of you guys have already posted again! Yikes! I'll get another one up today ASAP. Laeriel will tend to Harry's injured knee, and I've got one little surprise up my sleeve to keep the tension going Razz

Right...because there just isn't enough tension here yet. Twisted Evil
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Oh, we can always use more tension. With this cast of characters, the story practically begs for it.

Which reminds me... POSTED! Hehehehehe... Twisted Evil
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 pm

great post, I can't wait to post myself again!
lol
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Random question: I just posted, but the italics aren't working for some reason. Is anyone else having this problem?

On another note, I'm loving how fast-paced this role-play is moving! It's all I can do to keep up with the momentum XD. I hope you all will forgive me when I return to work next week and can only post in the evenings once I get home.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't think many of the additions to the text are working, I know some bolds and underlines aren't working.

Also, let me edit something in the first post of the OOC and have everyone go back and look for my edit. It will be done in five minutes.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 pm

I read your edit, Eternity. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you think Laeriel starts toeing the line of Mary Sue-ness. I went back and edited my current and earlier posts with the edit in mind. I figured hunting was right up her alley, so I didn't feel too bad about playing up the description of something she's been doing for decades. I'm trying to strike a balance between showing the differences between humans and elves, namely the enhanced senses and natural talents for archery and hunting, while keeping her believable.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

NNO NO NO.

XD It wasn't you sweety.
XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Okay, just making sure. Smile But still, it's a good reminder to keep in mind, and I'm glad you put that often unspoken assumption into writing. When I first started writing my own stories...gosh, it must have been 8 or so years ago...I'll admit I wrote a Mary Sue character and learned the hard way how little tolerance some people have for them. Thank you for setting my mind at ease ^_^
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 am

Are the mods normally this condescending when handing out so called unofficial warnings or is just me? Well I guess it really doesn't matter as I suppose it's just personal opinion.

Anyways as pointed out to me in said unofficial warning I will be italicizing everything my character speaks when he speaks Drow. And as such said words will not be understood by a character that does not speaks Drow. Although I shall post the translations here in the OOC. If I fail to post the translation please give me a friendly reminder.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:43 am

Try what I have done once, which was to say the other language in " " in Italics, and then outside of them, immediately afterward, put the translation like this: ( ) in italics.

Such as this.

"Notte e giorno" (Night and day).
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:47 am

Do the mods mind you doing that?
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 am

She (and several other people) done it before, so it doesn't seem to be an issue. Could always PM a Mod to check.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 am

I'll do it later I am eating a really late dinner right now. Although if it's been done before I see no reason as you said why it should be an issue.
Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:37 am

We will be spending a little time at the camp sight just to flesh out characters a little bit and serve for some action or conversation :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 am

Oooh...fun times around the campfire Very Happy. I'll work on a post tomorrow. I just finished one for my other role-play, and I think I finally exhausted my muse for the time being. She should be raring to write again tomorrow.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:39 am

T’risril Auvry'lyl is coming along beautifully. A dangerously violent man controlled only by fragments of self control. A drow assassin in a world were he can't go back home but the wide world is more then willing to crucify him for merely being a Drow. A dark elf who only wants freedom and scorns his so called sin.

Although i am seriously running out of ideas were to take him from here. I suppose I could do the whole self-loathing thing and a secret desire for atonement. But then he becomes a Drizzit Do'Urden rip off and I lose all interest as that archetype has been done to death.

Hisoka
Hisoka
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:43 am

Perhaps you could just have him develop a grudging respect for the other characters over the course of the journey. He doesn't necessarily need to seek atonement to do that. He can still be all cocky and self-confident; he just needs to get to the point where he doesn't feel like killing someone when they get on his nerves Razz . I was planning on Laeriel initially hating the thought of even being around him and then learning to respect his fighting skills and seeing him as a valuable ally on the battlefield. Granted, it'll take a while before she even wants to talk to him, but at least it's something.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 pm

I honestly think that you're running low on ideas because you reached perfection with your character by the third post Hisoka. Your character is rather ''perfect'' in many senses.

Also, no one crucifies him for being a Drow, the group mainly despises him because he's a bit of a prick who tries to challenge all who want to control him and seek to assure he is known as his own. By the way, I did not like you pulling a knife on the leader of the group, threatening the life of my character, or any, without PMing me or them first, will result in a kick.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:13 pm

And just as a disclaimer, I have no real-life experience on how to roast freshly killed meat over an open fire, so I took my best guess at it when writing my post. If anyone has a better method, please feel free to suggest how I might edit it.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 pm

I know that one usually field dresses (removes the entrails) the carcass for a variety of reasons from reducing the weight to attracting predators to scents away from camp. As for cooking it over the campfire, you can either use that method for a quicker cook time or hang the entire thing on a spit over the fire.

Those are just minor details and editing isn't necessary. Your way is just another method to the same end. I've eaten freshly killed and cooked venison with no ill effects. If wolves are able to eat such large game on the spot, I don't see why our characters can't after cooking it since their digestive systems are likely to be much more tolerant to eating such food than we are in present day. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that I have become embroiled in some bizarre extended family weekend camping trip that will keep me from posting until Sunday evening - maybe I'll kill a deer and call it 'research'. Wink
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:53 am

No problem, I may be going to Baltimore Sunday :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Hisoka, is there any way you would be willing to downplay T'risril's abrasive personality a little bit? I don't mean to restrict the way a person play's there character, but I am getting a feeling that his constant harsh remarks will lead to arguing that will only detract from the story.

At least that is my opinion on the matter, I don't know who else shares my views. I'm just not looking forward to being pulled into arguments or conflicts with every other post.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm not one for taking sides, but I do share Loki's views in this matter. I can understand a natural conflict or uneasiness arising between Laeriel and T'risril because of the history between their respective races. However, T'risril's remarks in that last post seemed excessively harsh given that we've barely started the story and our characters have exchanged so few words. I would think that a Drow with over two centuries of life experience would prefer to withhold judgment on any particular character until he gets to know them better instead of being so harsh right out of the gate. I mean no disrespect, of course. That's just my personal take on the situation.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:55 am

Hisoka, you have not been heeding my warnings, and no one here is happy with your character's constant conflict which is going to- in the end- turn this roleplay into a flame war. I apologize, but I have tried and tried to get you to downplay with all the hints made in the OOC.

You have been kicked.
I will now control your character and have him leave the group.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next