FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN]

+9
Grey Beard
Fallenknight13X
Digital Muse
Sunwolf007
Hello Danger
Lumeus
quakernuts
Narubia
Phantomzaber
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN]

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 pm

(I really hope you don't mind me submitting two characters, rest assured I am very much interested in this thread and will definitely keep up. I just hope it is ok that both of them are villains. If it comes down to it though this is the character I would rather play)

Name: Johnathan Fryre - he doesn't go by that name anymore though to himself at least he is simply Fear.

Alias: Fear

Organization: Villains

Power(s): He feeds off the fear of others which gives him the power to preform the massive amounts of destruction and varied range of powers that he can utilize. Basically the more people are afraid the more powerful he becomes. Typically his power manifests as a sort of dark negative energy that can damage things it touches, he can throw orbs of it or shoot it out in streams from his hands, he can also form a shield made from it around his body. However he can with a high enough concentration of fear do more potent things. Among them are summoning up someone's worst fear as something that is a cross between an illusion and solid and so is difficult to get rid of as long as he is willing to spend the fear energy to maintain it. A second part of his power is that he can alter his own form to a degree, mainly just enough to go from his normal everyday guy form into the form of the villain Fear. Also the more people fear the greater his raw physical strength can become.

However to counteract his great power and versatility he has a crippling weakness. Without people and their fear he is little more than a person with massive delusions of grandeur. This leads to his attempts to always make his crimes extremely public because for him the show is what gives him his power. If people do not fear him then he becomes nothing. Though with the high level of chaos and fear loose in the city there is enough to at least allow him to fight even if he doesn't have people directly around him terrified of him. Though not with anywhere near the power he can use when there is a crowd.

Appearance: When asked why he always takes this form he replied simply "People fear the Darkness, and I am Fear"
Spoiler:

Not doing some sort of criminal activity
Spoiler:

Brief History:
John was born and raised in the city. He never was the sort of person anyone expected to amount to anything. For one thing he seemed to always enjoy terrorizing those younger or weaker than him. His family hated him and so did most people who knew him. But they also feared him because he was and still is psychotic. It wasn't until he was nearly finished with high school that he discovered he actually had a power. He was doing what he did best which was pick on someone smaller and weaker than himself when someone at last grew sick enough of him to try to put a stop to it. The person who did try to stop him was big, one of the linemen on the school's football team. John literally destroyed him. The football player was reduced to a wreck in moments.

Of course later after school was done he was jumped by the football player's buddies and without a source of fear to feed off of he was pummeled and beaten badly himself. But that led him to think on why it was that he had had the ability to literally take the guy apart the day before and the only difference in situation he could come up with was the lack of the people around him feeling fear. That brought him into the life of crime and the using the fear to accomplish whatever he wished. Over time he honed his powers to the point they are at now and he believes that if he can just get a large enough wave of fear nothing can stop him. And till now nothing really has been able to. He still remains as much of a batshit evil freak as he was back then and he enjoys causing the fear and feeling the rush of power it gives him. The crime just gives him an excuse in truth, though he does like the money.

Last edited by Raptorman on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN]

Post by Edon Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:04 am

Awesome sheet.
Edon
Edon
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks. Smile

Glad people seem to like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Sorry it took so long but here is my hero character.

Name: Edward Aldwin

Alias: Aura

Organization: Hero

Power(s): Telekinesis and Telepathy

Telepathy- He is really good at using this ability to communicate with the other people and picking them out of crowds. His range is limited to about 2 miles. When it comes to digging through the mind he is quite terrible and usually doesn’t even try because he always fails at it. He utilizes this ability as a communication tool with other heroes because it doesn’t require sound to operate and makes it almost impossible to track.

Telekinesis- This is his main weapon and has been for years. He has been using it since he was 13 (almost 10 years) and has become quite proficient at it. His limit is 30 tons worth of lift. He prefers to encase himself in a telekinetic field with a force of 15 tons or less enabling himself to use a little bit of telekinesis for lifting objects. The down side is he can’t move while lifting and encasing himself.

Appearance:
City of Heroes: Reincarnation [OPEN] - Page 2 Shia-labeouf4

Brief History:
Growing up in an orphanage he quickly learned how to deal with people and learned that a group was always better than an individual. He had many brothers and sisters growing up and loved being a part of the ever changing family of orphans. He was adopted when he reached 10 years of age and moved to New York. He loved the public schooling system and was always hanging out with friends. He was taught high values by his new family and focused on his education. Through the school he felt like he finally belonged to a place instead of a family. He learned to love the city and learned right from wrong in it. For this he was always grateful and vowed some day to make it up to the city.

It was when he turned 13 that his powers first manifested. Deep down he knew that this was the start of something great. He taught himself how to use his powers and like his schoolwork set up a session of study for it every night. He still hung out with people but it took second place to finding out about his powers. He knew that he would eventually become a hero like those he saw on the TV. He practiced for two long years before he felt ready to become a Hero. He would walk around and break up muggings and gang fights while he was in High School. He tangled with a few villains but for the most part he took care of the crimes that other heroes were to busy to deal with. He was doing this for the people of the city after all.

In College he picked education as his major and is living off of student loans until he gets his degree. He still makes rounds in the city and during the summer just lives off of student loans and part time jobs. It was at this point in his life he began trying to deal with more villains. He was able to fight with many of the villains of the city due to the versatility of his abilities and has gained a reputation in the city as being someone reliable, smart and trustworthy.

He was in class during the Clash. He felt that if he had been there the event would have been different. He has been searching for the ones responsible because he feels compelled to bring the ones who did so much damage to the city to justice. Then the government stepped in and created more havoc. Their stance on anti vigilante justice has rubbed Edward the wrong way and now he doesn’t trust the government as much as he used to. He trusts only the heroes he has worked with before and his own abilities. He continues to put a stop to crime hoping that his presence as a force of positive vigilante justice sets an example for others to follow.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 am

Hrms...there's a very lop-sided ratio of male to female characters....

I wonder if I should alter mine or add another?

And....when are we jumping off?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Beard Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Sorry Digital, but most people only know male characters. The people I can think of off the top of my head...

Male Heroes:
Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hercules, Iron Man, Captain Planet, Captain America

Male Villains:
Doc Oc, Lex Luthor, Hitler(Captain America and Captain Planet both fought Hitler)

Female Heroes:
Xena Warrior Princess

Female Villains:
Poison Ivy, Catwoman
Grey Beard
Grey Beard
Mist
Mist

Male

Location : One step away from danger, two steps away from harm, half an inch away from Death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narubia Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 am

And, if you look to comic book culture, there are very few female characters in the story lines.
Narubia
Narubia
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenknight13X Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 am

I am all for more female characters, it would be interesting to see how T and other charismatic people would handle that.
Fallenknight13X
Fallenknight13X
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:58 am

Off the top of my head...

Heroes: Wonder Woman, Oracle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Power Girl, Stargirl, Black Canary, Huntress, Star Fire, Raven, Wondergirl, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Wasp, and a plethora of women that belong in the X-men.

Villains: Silver Banshee, The Furies, Live Wire, Volcana, Harley Quin, Roulette, and again, oodles of female X-men baddies.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah I was wondering about the ridiculous amounts of male characters for this RP myself not to long ago. It felt a little weird to me but as I didn't make all the characters the choice was not entirely mine so I didn't do anything about it. Or rather its not up to me to tell people what characters they should use in an RP especially one I am not running. Anyway I keep hearing that this thing will start soon from Zaber. I might have to ask a specific date next time I talk with him.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Corsenna Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

He's working on it, it's just that he's so busy. Anywho, if this starts before I go out of town next weekend I really hope there's wifi at the campground, no, I really hope there's wifi anyway. I'm just so excited about my characters.
Corsenna
Corsenna
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Well...since we're in a holding pattern, maybe I'll make another character then. A female this time, just for fun (don't worry Quaker and Sunwolf. I swear she won't be Emo).
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm

I am considering making a third character. Perhaps a hero. The problem is we will have so many people in this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Raptorman wrote:I am considering making a third character. Perhaps a hero. The problem is we will have so many people in this thread.

Maybe stick with two then? Although your first character really is an NPC since they never leave their apartment. They won't have an impact on the game.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:31 pm

He isn't an NPC, he will be active due to his ability and how it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Are we a no-go then?
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 pm

I am still hoping the GM comes back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Last I heard he was busy but still planning on a go. I will try and get in touch with him since I haven't heard from him in a while. See if maybe I can get a straight answer out of him.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2