FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

+4
quakernuts
Fluff
Blackrock
SpaceWheeler2.0
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Well I'm in for this story, but I'm a bit unsure one what characters are open now since it's been a heck of a while since this was created. I've read through a good deal of it just need to confirm which characters are still in and out and I'll take one of whatever roles you need filled.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 am

Unfortunately, the only one I know for sure is Blackrock. And the only one I don't know about is Miss Dagger. The rest are out. So you can have any of the warriors except the one I and Blackrock have claimed. Or, if Miss Dagger says that she is out, you can have that position. But I haven't heard from her yet. Once I do, I will post her decision here, if she doesn't herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 am

Wow. How depressing. Thank you for the clarification though. I'll be taking a warrior, and I'm surprisingly more interested in warrior 7. I read here though that that warrior position is not very necessary, and that there was a possibility of you merging it with another warrior or getting rid of it altogether. So do you still plan on doing that or no?
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 am

I don't know. I originally said that because we were one person short, so I was going to merge the last warrior with another members character. At this point, I'm essentially starting over in the recruitment. But, if there are two positions that you really want, I can merge the two into a single warrior for you. I doubt I'll get enough interest to fill all of the spots anyway.

Edit: By the way, Quakernuts is still in as well, so his character is unavailable (I'm assuming he wants to keep that one).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Inerio has also expressed interest, and is making a character sheet for the silver-tongued warrior. So that one is now claimed as well.

If you wish to combine two of the remaining warriors, Skitzo, you may do so. I will update the first post so that you can see what is left.

Edit: Miss Dagger is still in. Yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Here's my character, I hope he's all right.

Name: The Teller Barais

Age: It all depends on who you ask. Most women are told he's somewhere in his thirties, though sometimes Barais boasts to be an incredibly good looking fifty seven year old. His actual age is forty two, few people are aware since it usually casually slips out in conversation.

Expertise: The Silver Tongue

Physical description: Barais stands at five foot nine, being not too tall but not too short. His skin is a dark sandy color that stretches across a lean body. He is neither thin nor bulky, being somewhere in between the two. On his outer wrist is an eye-like branding which he received in his late teens which he often times keeps covered by whatever he happens to feel like using that day be it cloth or a leather bracelet. His face is thin, with a defined jaw line covered in black stubble. His nose is also thin and almost rectangular, curving down slightly just before his lips around those lips are laugh lines. His eyes are a slate grey, which squint slightly when he smiles which is often. Barais, as described by many people, is an approachable looking man.

Barais' hair is a dark brown in color, but sun bleaching has caused it to turn auburn. It's long, and often twisted into small multiple braids which are rarely ever taken out. Barais' keeps his hair tied back, with beads and feathers tied in for vanity's sake. This is due in part to the fact that Barais' believes his lies are more inclined to work when he looks slightly more polished. While his torso is relatively free of scars, from his feet up to his mid thigh Barais is covered win scars. This is due in part to the fact that Barais fights mainly with his legs and defends with his arms. This is also why Barais wears thick leather greaves on his shins, although it should be noted he often doesn't wear shoes unless it's deemed necessary. Headbands, loose pants, and arm braces are found in his attire. It should also be noted that Barais has almost no tolerance for the cold, and often over dresses during the colder seasons.

Carried in a bundle on his back is a large drum, which Barais is often never seen without. Slung on his hip is a flute, and in bags next to the flute are several different bags. One being nothing more than dust, another being sand, and the third stuffed with small animal bones. When asked about the contents of the first two bags Barais was vague, but the contents of the third bag are used for his "fortune telling" which isn't more than a series of lies Barais makes up on the spot.

History: At a young age Barais was kicked out of his home by his father, who had decided that Barais was too small and too lazy to amount to anything. Due to it being customary to kill a child who probably won't make it this act was seen as especially cruel on his father's part. However, a old man who was an exile from another tribe took in Barais and taught him how to survive by using his wits as opposed to his muscles, thus beginning Barais' lying streak.

When the right people are asked, various stories about Barais pop up. In fact, just about every clan has some sort of tale to tell about the man. Some make him out to be evil, others make him seem kind, certain tales sound too grand to be anything but false, while others are just bland enough to be true. Most of the people who reiterate the stories aren't even aware that they're speaking about the same person. Reoccurring themes in stories about Barais are his drum, a tool that is used for both deception and merry making.

One story tells of how Barais managed to flatter a young warrior into running off a Cliffside, while another tells of how Barais spent time in an enemy clan for three years with no one catching on that he was an Udspak because he had studied their mannerisms so closely. Others talk about how he's helped lovers in conflicting clans fake their own deaths so that they could start anew elsewhere, while others say that he once tricked a chief’s son into believing he was a woman for the winter months so as to have shelter from the cold.

Whatever the matter, Barais denies none of the stories, and will tell his own variations of the tales if asked.

Clan: Udapak

Mentality: Barais is a contradictory person, appearing selfish and lying for personal gain one minute and oddly altruistic the next. This could be because Barais does things he know will make him happy and that sometimes includes the happiness of other people. He has picked up the art of reading others, and can quickly make decisions on what he can say to either flatter or egg on whomever he may come across. It's been said that Barais can lie his way out of a battlefield though even Barais himself finds this debatable. It is due in part to the fact that Barais is a blasphemous soothsayer that he has chosen to be loyal the Savior. In his own logic, if he can help the Savior reach their ultimate goal then he himself can be redeemed in the eyes of god despite his insincerity.

Barais' biggest fear is being shunned by the general public as he had once been as a child. Because of this, he makes sure that no one is aware that his prophecies are false, merely made through observation, and will go to great lengths to ensure that they come true by his own means. It is also because of his want to be well liked and hailed as a hero that Barais will sometimes take on a role too big for him physically, and have to back pedal out of situations.

All in all, Barais means well enough, though the means in which he goes about getting what he wants are less than admirable.

Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Great work, Inerio! I love the character Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Haha, thanks!

So that leaves us with three open slots? (One if Schitz takes two and combines them) Right? Geez, if I'm eager for this to start already I can only imagine how the rest of you must feel.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, I feel bad for letting it sit for so long...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking about it on and off all summer so yeah. Very Happy

Anyway Inerio, I asked all the people involved earlier to answer the question: How did your character raise the Saviour. Now I'd love if you answered it too, so I can add it to my sheet. I'll probably update my character sheet when I have the answer to that question from both new members to the RP. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Hm, well Barais raised the Saviour in a very jocular sort of way. While the others may have been stressing the severity of her training Barais probably turned things into one big game. Most of his training is set up in the form of games or jokes on the other warriors, trying to teach Xzadri how to lie to the other six since he believes you can only be a sucessful liar when you can fool the people closest to you. He's also probably tried to teach her fighting via drum beat(think Capoeira).

To get a better idea I thought up a situation in my head of something he probably did to Xzadri when she was little. Barais took an unfertilized egg and told her that if she kept it warm in her clothes at all times it would hatch into a baby bird. Of course, this was a lie and she just wound up smelling like rotten eggs until someone caught on. Tongue lashing via other warriors towards Barais ensues.

Ah, that was a bit more wordy than I thought it would be.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Hehe, that's fine. So until she can see through about half his cons with her she's probably not gonna be a super fan. But who doesn't like being taught how to do good pranks? As I said, I'll write it up when Skitzo's given her answer too. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:11 am

I'm going as fast as I can, guys. Got a lot to work through character wise. Man, it's been a while since I've done a character this well in depth. It's making me feel old and rusty. -_-

I'll try to have it up by tomorrow after work (For some reason I'm more focused creatively at work). I have decided on my warrior type thankfully. I will be taking the Warrior 7 spot accompanied with Warrior 2. I figured I should go with the ranged combat because mastered archers back in the day tended to create their own bows and arrows pertaining to their weight and strength. It was the sign of a true master.

If you are okay with my decision, that leaves only one spot open now.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 am

That is perfect. I was actually kind of expecting it. It fits well. I can't wait to see your character sheet when its finished! But no rush. I'd rather you take your time and be happy with the finished product.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 am

Yaaay, we're finally getting this show on the road. Smile

On the other hand, when I thought of this particular RP during the summer I was always like: "Man, I hope Silvone doesn't start it just yet, I feel sooo lazy...*yawn*". Yeah, that's the horrible truth, about me - a lazy bugger. That said, with the colder months now coming and not having to sweat every minute of my existence, I feel my brain functioning better. Like trolls in Terry Pratchett's world, if you will.

But yeah, on a more serious note - I'll work on my character sheet today and put in the relations between Vroshk and the other warriors.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:24 am

Name: Demroc the Forthright

Expertise: Warrior 7 (master craftsman) and Warrior 2 (ranged combat)

Physical description: Upon first appearance, Demroc comes off like a wall of shadow. His body is well defined with muscle, and on a 6’0” height it is nothing but intimidating. He is bulky and large and in no way afraid to show it. In fact, in the average day and in average weather he will go without many layers only wearing woven cloth about his legs with leather boots and fur greaves, and he keeps to as few layers as possible by wearing a fur cloak during the colder seasons, which has led to many a joke amongst the warriors saying that he can’t feel the weather at all.

His face, despite his body, is kind and smooth, with rounded cheeks and a strong jaw. A prominent brow and rounded nose frame dark brown eyes that are shades darker than his skin, which is nearly black in color. His skin color is made more noticeable by white painted markings he ritualistically puts on himself daily, each marking signifying his mood, focus, thankfulness, and prayer for the day. A permanent brand marking for his tribe covers his back and is accompanied by the paints, which travel along his arms, chest, neck and head which will always and forever remain bald.

As well as wearing few layers, Demroc (despite the insistence of other warriors) has little to no armor. On his forearms is leather armor and plated bronze rests on his shoulders and thighs, but he refuses to wear more than that instead saving room for two daggers one long (used mostly for fighting) and the other short (used mostly for whittling) which both rest at his hip. He wears a quiver over his shoulder along with his longbow.

Heritage & History

Not much can be said about his family since they were rather average. The males in his family didn’t excel too much in anything to be honored nor were they too poor at anything to be ridiculed. They had the misfortune of living gloryless and instantly forgotten lives. All seemed to change however for Demroc’s father, Hesed, who was so poor in terms of combat that he chose to focus his attention instead on helping those who weren’t.

He quickly took an interest in crafting, which earned him a great deal of ridicule from the other men in his clan, because all forms of craft work were considered women’s duties. Hesed kept with it though, using his spare time to learn from the women who were willing to teach him. It was through them that Hesed met his wife, Shea, and through here he was blessed with many boys.

The first born was Kazeel, who unlike his father took very well to the life of a warrior and in fact grew to become one of the best in the clan, and is now one of the five guards of the Chieftan, which earned him the surname Kulu. Second to be born were Demroc and his twin brother Sayel. Unfortunately their birth was too much for their mother, and Shea died soon after the delivery, forcing Hesed to take up a new wife (who is currently only 15 years older than Demroc). Through her Hesed had his final son, Meero, who is easily considered by all of the brothers as blood despite their maternal differences.

The twins and Meero never grew in close range combat like their brother. Meero took on the family legacy in being average while Demroc and Sayel found their calling in long range weaponry and crafting. Demroc was more interested in mastering the bow at a young age while Sayel was like his father in every way. It wasn’t until Demroc actually learned that masters of archery created their own bows that he even bothered to take an interest in crafts work. By this time though his father’s sight had grown extremely poor with old age and he turned to his twin more for help. Both did their best to teach him what they knew, but neither were as good as teaching crafts as the women of the tribe. Over time both of the twins took to asking the women different things about creating weapons, tools, artistic carvings, whatever they could get their hands on and made a collaborative effort to improve each other.

When they grew older it was clear that Sayel was actually the better craftsman. Demroc, being skilled enough with the bow to be acknowledged by the clan, was more often sent on small missions and duties, while Sayel stayed with his father and the women learning all he could. He slowly became a well established craftsmen and would make weaponry and tools for his family as well as whoever was willing to take them, in a clan where it was the women’s duty to make the crafts though, it was difficult to get interest. Women crafted for their husband’s and a husband not receiving his weapons, clothes, or tools from his wife was a sign of disrespect to her or a sign of inability on her part. So instead, Sayel created weapons for his brothers till they were all married, opting to teach and share information with the wives and when they could.

Unfortunately not long before the Charge of Hero’s Gorge Demroc’s clan, the Ashdai, had been raided, taken over, and enslaved by the Hurek and none in the house of Hesed were spared. Demroc and his brother, like many of the warrior with some level of honor among the clan were made a constant mockery of. They were used for entertainment while siding as slaves for the higher leveled Hurek. Sayel and his father were kept with the women, forced take part in creating weapons for the Hurek as well as watch their wives and family be raped and abused. In an attempt to spare his own wife Sayel fought against the Hurek and was instantly killed bringing about devastation to the family. Meero was fortunately too average to have too much attention brought to him but was unable to spare his first son the same fate. His first born son along with Kazeel’s wife had both lost their lives.

After the Udapak and Idan wiped out the Hurek and freed what little of his already small clan was left, Demroc out of morning took his brother’s daggers and with them took on his brother’s role, creating weapons for those who were willing to receive them, while making sure to learn whatever he could from his wife, who had been sharing techniques and styles with Sayel. Over time he grew to master craftsmanship through his wife and inadvertently his lost brother. However, his skill was never actually recognized outside of the family till his clan became more involved with the Udapak and Idan.

Due to the two larger clans freeing them, the Ashdai now were indebted with their lives to the greater clans. Out of realization of how small their numbers had effected them and great respect for their saviors they openly dedicated themselves to serving the Udapak and Idan whatever way they could, though in most cases they were rarely necessary. Demroc, who was highly acknowledged only for his archery campaigned with the Udapak and Idan in small groups, helping to extinguish what was left of Hurek that lingered about the lands as well as anything else they could manage. It was during these times that the members of the Udapak and Idan began to notice Demroc’s ability. As he was still willing to create for whoever asked, many of the clans’ men saw fit to approach him and through word of mouth his craftsmanship became respected and with it the craftsmanship of all the women of his clan, whom Demroc would openly state to be the cause of his ability.

From there the Ashdai’s bond with the two clans strengthened, and grateful for his bringing honor to the clan the Chieftan of the Ashdai had Demroc create weapons for him as well as for gifts to the Chieftan of the Udapak and the Chieftan of the Idan as a sign of their unity. It was through these gifts and his own reputation as an archer that he was given the task of joining the other warriors to take care of the girl. Seeing it as another honor, he agreed to it leaving his wife and their five children behind with much difficulty.

Clan: Ashdai

The Ashdai are a small nomad clan from the south. Their lifestyle is mainly based on balance, sacrifice, and veracity. The decisions they make both as a clan and as individuals are based on these three subjects. Balance can be considered as equality, but it is not equality alone. It is more so a complex idea of losses and gains that is the basis for their relationships and actions. To achieve something great, something of equal value must be lost. It is also what determines the men and women’s roles in their society. The women do crafts. They cook, they build, they create, and it is the man’s duty to use those crafts to support the women giving them food, materials, and protection. There can be no man without a woman and there can be no woman without a man. These are only examples of the many ways balance is integrated into them.

Sacrifice integrates itself with balance, but it is also a belief amongst the tribe that to be bound to any one thing is a sign of weakness. Both man and woman must be willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of keeping the balance as well as for the desire to grow in both strength and wisdom. This is one of the main reasons in which they remain nomads. Staying in one place to long is cause to grow attached to that one place. In many cases the same can be said for people and family as well, which is why the Ashdai believe no one man to be more important than the next. They also believe their own personal lives to be a sign of weakness if kept secret as well… which leads to veracity.

It is practiced amongst the clan to speak your mind no matter how offensive. Pride, strength, and ability can only grow with the acceptance of the truth that you have little to be prideful of in the first place. This is also practiced through the words they place on their skin through the paints. It is a way of staying completely truthful without speaking, and is something all adults do with pride. Children are only allowed to put their prayers and thankfulness on their bodies but with age becomes the ability to become more open with the rest of the clan. Being able to speak your mind is an honor.

Their strive for sincerity with the Udapak and Idan is extremely limited though thanks to a language barrier. The Ashdai speak in a language more commonly used in the south and slowly had to become familiar with the other clan’s language through study, some were forced to learn bits from the Hurek when they were enslaved but over time it has become another great honor to be able to speak to the Udapak and Idan. Not many of the clan’s men know the language but all are trying to grasp it. It is due to the language barrier that it was rather difficult for the Ashdai to integrate themselves with the other clans in the first place. It wasn’t till after the Udapak and Idan found respect for their craftsmanship that they actually formed a proper alliance.

The Ashdai are somewhat difficult to get ahold of due to their lifestyles as nomads but they have made a system of constant shift changes amongst men who are temporarily stationed amongst each clan. If need be one can simply find any one man from Ashdai and be escorted to the clan or etc.

Mentality: Demroc follows the lifestyle of his clan to perfection despite the differences between himself and the rest of the warriors, and his personality rarely strays from the same line. He is a kind and brutally honest man all in one. In many ways he believes himself to be helping when he actually comes off somewhat insulting so he is commonly scene smiling when saying something completely rude. He’ll try to be as tactful as he can manage, but his grasp on the language limits him a bit. He is very much fluent but every now and again he’ll mix words or be unable to understand one word out of a sentence, and he absolutely hates every instance it happens.

He is a very prideful man, taking pride in every aspect of his life, so if any mistake shines he mostly doesn’t take it happily. To his credit though he puts a lot of effort into everything he does, become a bit of a perfectionist in his craftsmanship, his archery, his ability to speak the language of the Udapak and Idan, and his teaching. If one mistake shows itself he strives to correct to the point of coughing up blood if necessary. This can naturally not do so well when it comes to his teaching, but in all the other aspects it’s perfectly fine.

In terms of the girl he is protecting, he sees her only as just that. He openly does not believe in the prophecy, nor does he believe the girl to be a savior. His system of balance causes him to believe that no man or woman is more important or greater than the next. She is just a normal girl who needed his protection and he treats her as such. It is something he feels he needs to work on constantly, because in many ways he will forget the girl’s place as an exile which could put her in danger if not considered cautiously. He finds her to be a true test of his ability because by keeping her safe he is inherently keeping many secrets and for the sake of his honored duty he will do just that.

He treats the girl like his daughter or niece, proud of each of her accomplishments and taking her failures as his own failures. He as great expectations of her, but does his best not to push her past her own limits or make her decisions for her. Still that doesn’t put him above throwing a bit of a temper tantrum and storming off swearing in his own language when she does something he highly disapproves of. In fact he has a tendency to do that often with some of the warriors, Barais more specifically.

With all the warriors he holds a high regard, but he has a tendency to favor both Ranohg and Kilahi. Ranohg he enjoys simply for the fact that the man can understand his native tongue, and he will often take advantage of it by speaking to him with it when alone with him. After learning of Kilahi’s status as a Bryker and his role in the Charge of Hero’s Gorge, he nearly kowtows to the man as if he were the sole savior of his clan by himself. He considers it to be a true honor to be working with him, and promises to brag about it to his clan upon his return home.

Well that took a lot longer than expected. I'm definitely feeling the rust. If there are any issues or ideas that you would like to work out with me, please be free to say.

Silv, I know I took a bit of a liberty with your character saying that he could speak Demroc's native language but I thought it was something typical to your character. If you have an issue with what I've done I will remove it ASAP.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:51 am

Great work, Skitzo! I love the amount of detail you put into it Very Happy

If we can get one more person to join this, that would be great. But I won't wait on it. I'll start working on the intro post as soon as I can, and then we can get this thing started Very Happy I'll probably have to reread some of the older character sheets as well (including my own) to brush up on what has already been created, so it may take a few days before I actually start writing. Please bear with me...I promise I won't give up this time Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 am

Thank you, Silv... but I'm starting to wonder if I went a bit overboard, but I had so many ideas, I wanted to get them down before I forgot them. >.>
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:47 am

You didn't go overboard, Skitzo Very Happy Some people like simple character sheets so that they have absolute freedom while role-playing. I'm kind of that way myself. Others like to nail everything down in the beginning. Both ways work fine Smile I really appreciate the work you put into it. The work everyone put into it really. It is very satisfying to have your role-play idea welcomed so well!

I'm using a writing program called yWriter5 (which just happens to be the best role-play GM tool) to input everything for this role-play, so if you guys happen to update your character sheets, could you let me know? I'm going to be using the yWriter5 program to keep track of everything in the History that we've introduced in our CS, as well as to keep track of any new information that pops up. It also works as a wonderful reference, so if anyone has any questions about something that has been mentioned, and you don't feel like skimming page after page of information, feel free to ask me. I should be able to find it easily.

I've currently plugged in all of the character sheets and the timeline as it is in the Information posts. I need to thoroughly read through all of the character sheets and pull out any references to battles and perhaps family lines and such. Once that is all done, I'll get to work on the introduction post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:04 am

That character sheet looks epic! I'll read it as soon as I free up some time.

Speaking of which, sorry for not updating mine yet...I bought a 5.1 speaker surround system yesterday and spent the whole night (which I had intended for writing) setting it up. So erm yeah, the updated CS will be here in a couple of hours...provided my new toy doesn't distract me. *drools*

Edit: Done. I've added two additional paragraphs at the end of the character sheet. Feel free to read them, if you want to see what my character thinks of the others. I'm not one for long character sheets, so I've only written in the most basic of stuff. The rest I like to explore in the RP itself.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 am

I edited my CS a little. I deleted the relationship paragraphs about warriors that are no longer with us and added the two paragraph with the new warriors. You'll find it at the bottom of my sheet. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Great! Thanks for letting me know, Blackrock and Miss Dagger Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:24 pm

I have this feeling Xzadri and Demroc are going to have some very cute moments. lol.

I really want to see how some of these warriors are going to get played, though their personalities are listed I'm having a bit of trouble trying to imagine them all together talking to one another. I really just can't wait for this the more I read on.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:12 pm

I can't stay up after work tonight because I have to be up early. And I will be gone all day tomorrow. So I will do my best to work on this on Wednesday, and hopefully finish it by then or Thursday at the latest. Friday is my birthday, so I doubt I'll be doing much writing then. If it isn't done by Thursday, expect it sometime during the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 pm

EDIT: Here ya go. I realized its not finished but I wanna make sure everything so far is okay and in order and all that. I made the character come from a little bit different of an angle but hopefully it works. If not lemme know. Once I know one way or the other I'll finish up my sheet, for now I must go to bed.

Name: Pasqual the Living Shade
Expertise: Stealth (Warrior Four)

Physical description:

Being a rather dimuitive man isn’t a particularly exceptional quality, but indeed Pasqual fits the definition to a ‘t.’ He stands at only 5’6 on a good day and based on the emaciated look of his torso probably weighs less than some of the swords the other warriors lug around. Still to the careful observer it is clear that his skinny, knobby limbs mask cords of muscle. Indeed his most notable feature is his skin, for Pasqual was born albino. His hue that of a ashen gray rather than the tan complexions of his kin. Likewise his hair is a dull bone white though it is kept so short one could barely notice its there unless putting his scalp under heavy scrutiny.

His pink tinted and light sensitive eyes are but narrow slits that hang too close together over a nose which just out too far from his face. Just below the hawkish nose is a mouth far too wide for the skeletal face; filled with large teeth, the most impressive being the buckteeth he sports. Due to a lack of proper nourishment he has lost the healthy roundness to his face, every bone stretching over skin that seems pulled too taut. Though he is certainly not an attractive man there are virtually no signs of aging on his pallid face and he appears to still be in his late twenties or early thirties.

Pasqual’s hooded robes are hand sewn, bits of fabric and material he’s accumulated over the years giving the garb a look reminiscent of Frankenstein. On his back a patch of skinned rabbit, on his thigh a patch of silk, on his arm a hard piece of leather and there beautifully embroidered quilt piece. Each scrap or square has a story from how the cursed man acquired it. Across the entire length of the garment are stains of grass, soot and mud and pieces of bark, tufts of grass or leaves are sewn directly into the seams. Because of this mishmash of fabrics it works as a natural camouflage, allowing him to disappear in almost any environment even before ones very eyes.
Within the free flowing robe are small makeshift pockets and pouches that store powders, poisons, herd and trinkets of all kinds. His only weapons come in the form a katar used for parrying on his belt and a handheld blowgun with a healthy stockpile of darts.

Clan:

Formerly Le’MunDari (Lei-MonDah-Ree)

Heritage:

Pasqual’s family line were members of the tiny and universally untrustworthy clan of the Le’MunDari. In the early years of the clans it was the Le’MunDari that were the bane of all its neighbors their penchant for guerilla hit-and-run tactics causing nightmares for their foes. However it was their small numbers was their undoing, leaving their brute military prowess lacking as larger clans rose to prominence.

Having the unfortunate location between several much larger rivals the Le’MunDari were unique in their stance to stay “neutral.” Which was mostly a ploy to save themselves from extinction at the hands of a more combat oriented clan.
It didn’t mean they were actually neutral so much as they simply made and broke treaties at the drop of the hat. The only real “law” by Le’MunDari standards is self-preservation by any means, preferably that of subtlety and trickery. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” would be a fitting motto for Clan Le’MunDari.

In fact a long line of epic victories and crushing defeats could be tied to the backroom dealings of other clans with the Le’MunDari, making them both highly coveted and highly controversial way of gaining the upper hand.

When Hurek began growing in number and increasing in size one of their first targets was the Le’MunDari’s primary settlement known as Frehome. The takeover was swift and painless; Hurek satisfied its station of troops would keep the crafty backstabbers from throwing any wrenches into their plans for Hurekian domination. However, being who they were business as usual continued on for the sneaky Clan, despite its military occupation members still wheeled and dealed to both sides of the conflict.

In fact there are some eyewitness accounts that suggest the Le’MunDari were an integral part of the Hurek defeat at Hero’s Charge. If such a tale is true or not is unknown as the unlucky tricksters were generally lumped in with the rest of the Hurek as traitors and slaughtered by the victorious Udapak and Idan.

This general branding as betrayers has caused an extreme xenophobia towards the Le’MunDari and as such most chose to give up their clan name and join their closest neighbors or simply disappear into the wilderness.

History:

Pascal’s birth came at the height of the Le’MunDari’s political power, when their ability to work behind the scenes had yet to come back to bite them. At the time they had a shaky truce with the Udapak and because of this a handful of Le’MunDari were found in the central villages of the Udapak’s territory. One of these was a young woman, Pascal’s mother Cecilia, who caught the eye of a powerful warrior of Clan Udapak, Xzadri’s father, Sidnahg.

Obviously this blatant cross of Clans under such a shaky alliance was looked down upon especially when it concerned a man that would likely one day be cheiftan. Still, that didn’t stop the two young lovers from sharing several nights of passion. The result was Pascal, whose ashy white skin was foretold by the elders to be a sign of devastating fires what would soon consume the land in their fury.

Naturally Sidnahg denied the babe, both because it was a forbidden love and because of the supposedly cursed nature of his powder white skin. Woman and child were allowed to stay in the village under the guise of the Pasqual belonging to an unknown father. Being the scrawny cursed bastard son of a demonized clan meant Pasqual often found himself the target of ridicule and punishment an easy tool to vent adolescent frustrations. There was little his mother could do, her marred reputation forcing her into prostitution as a final means of feeding herself and her equally innocent child. So little Pasqual did the only thing he could do, run and hide. And he got good at it too; his little legs propelling faster than anyone would think to give him credit for, bounding over virtually any obstacle and miraculously disappearing without a trace. Sometimes Pasqual escaped, sometimes he was beaten, and the beatings grew with severity as the years passed. Ten hard years to be exact before the emotional strain of being wrongfully deemed the town harlot and watching the man she loved go on to become chieftain and claim a new woman as his wife (and several on the side) was too much for Cecilia and she began to shut down.

Despite feelings of betrayal and nursing a broken heart Cecilia stubbornly refused to leave the town, still clinging to the naïve hope that one day Sidnahg would accept his son. Naturally the boy inherited his mother’s passive aggressive distaste and disdain for the Udapak, only spurned by the Udapak’s own growing distrust of the shifty Le’MunDari.

By the time he was sixteen he had scarcely grown more than a foot, nor had he bulked up like some of the other lads his age. This continued to earn him ridicule as he grew, games became more elaborate but the rules were basically the same, Pasqual ran, Pasqual hid or Pasqual was hurt. His skin was still the most apparent obstacle; though the fires never came. Now in a spiraling downward depression his mother was of little help from the daily chases or the beatings. While the pasty white teen took to thievery to keep him alive his mother simply withered away as another three years passed before finally dying far before her natural time.
Her final words to him were “Don’t blame your father.”

Having not really been deemed worthy of learned a craft of fighting a war, Pasqual took to peddling the art of his people. His skills for distance running and seemingly chameleon ability to drop out of sight made keeping a pinpoint on his actions neigh impossible.

Descriptions of a very pale or sickly looking man in strange clothing pop up on several battlefields. Including a report from a reliable source that claims Pasqual was source of the faulty intel which caused the debacle at the Battle of a Thousand Arrows. The initial disaster of the hill charge leaving hundreds of Udapak warriors dead, maimed or injured.
Another claims that during a small skirmish between northern tribes a “ghost man” was seen just before a massive avalanche devastated both sides.

The Hurek invasion and subsequent take over of Frehome provided a means for Pasqual, now 23; to strike a deadly blow against Clan Udapak and his father which against his mothers wishes he blamed for his mothers death. Though he attempted to use his nefarious poison darts to kill some of the Brykers the battle of Hero’s Gorge didn’t go as planned and he being a Le’MunDari ended up with two options run or die. Using his natural talents Pasqual vanished once again into obscurity.

Still occassional stories let the people of Udapak know he lingered like a restless spirit, stealing away food and goods, killing livestock and setting fire to buildings. Still he was never found, not that Sidnahg tried very hard to find his son though he caused so much trouble. Like any father he remembered his son, and refused to persecute him though he was a constant thorn in Clan Udapak's side.
After the prophecy baby was found to be a failure, eager to make up for past mistakes and citing the possible need for a defense against the hidden and lethal tactics of the Le’MunDari, Sidnahg entered the forests surrounding his village alone. His son came in the dead of night, threatening death upon the unarmed chieftain. Sidnahg made no move to fight back but Pasqual couldn't strike the man down. The father he had hated and blamed for so long embraced his son for the first time in the damp night air.

In confidence father retold son of his plan to train and raise the most well-rounded and powerful leader he could, not for the good of the Udapak, but for the good of all clans. In order to do that his daughter would have to have the skills of the Le’MunDari, to deal with threats seen and unseen, to walk in the shadows and tread carefully and most importantly to know when to turn tail and hide.

At first Pasqual refused, citing the long list of reasons he would never help Sidnahg or his clan.
“Your mother was wrong, Pasqual, I am the one you should blame.” The chieftain began “But I tell you the truth when I say that child is not.” He waved a finger knowingly at his pale son “Those who stand by my daughter will be remembered for their deeds, not their color.”

Bitterly the albino accepted disgusted though he was by the mans attempt to appeal to his honor. Perhaps it was his Udapak blood which made a part of him dream of being glorified as something more than a bad omen. Despite his reluctant acceptance of the task the Le’MunDari as well as the child who was so treated so cruelly inside him still reveled in the Udapaks subsequent fall from grace and his relations with the other chosen warriors is tumultuous at best.

Mentality:
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:34 pm

I would like to hear what the others (particularly Miss Dagger) have to say about this before I accept it. I'll PM her to make sure she reads it, and we'll go from there. I do want to say that I like the amount of work you put into it, and I do like the ideas. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, since your rather late in coming.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Totally understandable. I realize I'm totally throwing my character into the middle of everything and potentially causing chaos.
Every groups gotta have the reluctant anti-hero though right? Hahah.

Yeah, just let me know, I'm more than happy to re-jig it as needed, or entirely scrap the character and build a new one on the off that's absolutely necessary.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:59 pm

Alright, well I'm gonna be the first (if not, the only) one to say I have a few problems here. Now, since they're not directly related to my character or affect me personally I will say that whatever M.D. and Silv say in the end is what I'll be happy with, but for now I have a few issues.

The first issue would be the matter of the prophecy. If Pasqual is the firstborn of the tribe leader, wouldn't that make him the savior rather than Xzadri? And if not we might need some clarification on what exactly the prophecy entails, because if it remains as vague as it is that would pose the other question: Why doesn't the Udapak Chieftain immediately think Pasqual is the actually chosen once he meets them?

Also there is A LOT of vague details that really need to be explained further. For instance HOW EXACTLY does the Le’MunDari clan manipulate the results of battles? I know this might seem a little bit nit-picky on my part, but I have a hard time believing that one small clan managed to manipulate two and possibly three larger ones without some detail and all I see are brief mentions that simply state that they have power but don't exactly explain how.

Now I know you mentioned the frequent breaking and forming of treaties but even then, I imagine this to be a somewhat simple world in terms of issues such as treaties. If a very small clan like the Le’MunDari is so well known for their mistrusting ways then why on earth would any clan turn to them ever. I could see that they would if they had gained power, but how exactly would they gain any power to begin with if their so small and shady?

I pretty much have the same issue with Pasqual's history as well. It mentions that he may have an effect on serious points in this world's history but goes into no real detail how. ALSO, their's the fact that he's lived such a shady life in an attempt to kill his own father, and the very man who disowned him suddenly is willing to give him what seems to me like a very high honor with no real development of trust or show of ability. This also shows as poor decision on Sidnahg's part if he decided this right after an attempt on his life by Pasqual and Pasqual himself gave him what is implied to be a long list of reasons he would never help Udapak or it's chieftain. As a chieftain I think Sidnahg would be very careful in picking who would guard the possible savior of the known world. True, he has a reason to feel guilty, but I think he would put the saftey of his daughter (and the possible world) before his own redemption.

Lastly, I will put up my issue that no where in this sheet are Pasqual's stealth abilities mentioned. Now, I'm gonna chalk half of that up to the fact that you're very wary with this sheet (which I'm grateful you are), but there should be some mentioning of what exactly Pasqual has to offer to the group of warriors that makes him the necessary choice. Right now all I see him as is a hindrance due to the rocky dealings with his tribe, his personal issues with the Udapak Chieftain, and his lack of physical ability to offer.

If these issues are addressed and solved. I will have nothing more to worry about.

On another note: Happy Birthday, Silvone.

Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ElRey Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:57 am

Good gracious, Skitzo-phrenick. I honestly don't even know what would be appropriate to say in response to that. I think you're being a little heavy handed in your judgments to say the least.

I feel like I should defend my thinking as I have what I feel are valid (I hesitate to call them) excuses for the choice I made with the character. However, since I'm supposed to retool the character anyway it would be wasted effort.

I'm really not sure which direction I would take the character, I'd like to do something interesting with it, but I'm at a loss as to what.
It's probably best if I just step out of the RP, I wouldn't want to hold you guys up while I stew over character ideas.
ElRey
ElRey
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm

As most of the stuff doesn't concern my character, I really didn't see a problem with the CS. There were a few issues, but I always have issues with people's characters. I'm a bastard like that, so I really don't mind.

The only thing which I didn't think fits is that during the Battle of A Thousand Arrows, you mention how "hundreds" of Udapak died. I never imagined the clan to be so big. If hundreds die and it still manages to retain it's spot as the main player around, how many people does it contain?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next