FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

+4
quakernuts
Fluff
Blackrock
SpaceWheeler2.0
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

Post by quakernuts Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:39 pm

I would have to agree with the 'diminished' part. Although both ways have their twists and turns as to how the story could pan out in a good way. Whichever way you guys go, I'll be fine with it.

Also Kilahi would be somewhat a flexible instructor. Since he puts himself below Xzadri, he would allow her to get away with a lot of things short of skipping practices or running off by herself. If she wanted to go fight live things, he would allow her on two conditions. 1) He, or one of the warriors is present, 2) That said warrior would be in charge, what he says is law. Upon the actual practices, he would practice with real weapons, and once one of them drew first blood from the other, they would call it. It didn't matter how the blood was drawn, so long as it was present. In short, he is a servant who's duty is to keep her safe and train her in the art of close combat. Nothing more.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Exiled Saviour: The Udapak Child OOC

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Okay, so I added a lot on my sheet just now. More on description and mentality. And added heritage and relationships.
Please really read through heritage and relationships, since there might be things that you all don't agree with. So tell me if you think something doesn't fit or so.

EDIT:: Quaker mentioned that his clan Idan would never have left Udapak so I changed that in the heritage portion of my sheet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:04 pm

So how's it going, when are we starting this? What's going to happen with the last open spot? And where is Raptorman's CS? I'm not being bossy or anything, but activity for this has been down, which is a bad sign at such an early stage.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm around... sorry I haven't checked in, but I've been watching. I know Silvone was out for a week after graduating, and Ryona's post in their "absence" thread said Silvone is working extra to make up for his hours missed. Aside from that, I Raptor said in the chat the other day that he decided not to make a character here. I'm not sure why, and I don't know if he alerted Silvone to that either, but it doesn't really matter.

I'd like to say that it's believable that at least two of our characters might have skills to fill in the craftsman void... My character, as an archer, likely builds his own bows, arrows, etc. to best quality. I can write in that he's a master woodworker if that's acceptable. Also, it might be reasonable that Quaker's character be at least knowledgeable in the creation/smithing of melee weapons.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:43 pm

Raptorman had not informed Silvone of this...Silvone will be off early tonight, and I will make sure that he gets on FOG to hammer these details out. He was waiting for Raptorman (there may have been other things, but I don't remember) but I will likely fill that character's position. The other may just be gotten rid of.

Sorry you guys had to hear from me and not him but as SpaceWheeler announced, Silvone had to work extra hours this week. His schedule returns to normal tomorrow so expect more of a prescence from him!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 am

How completely...expected. Anyway, Ryona will be filling his spot, and I think condensing the last spot, as SpaceWheeler suggested, is a great idea. I would love to start this soon, but I've been busy after graduation. Give me a few days to get myself organized and I'll try to get this started. Sorry for the delay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 am

Right, right. I just wanted to see what was going on. Not rushing you guys or anything.

And yes, integrating the craftsman into the other archetypes sounds nice. It stands to reason that experienced warriors like them would be able to take care of their respective gear.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 am

I'm also around here. Beside when I updated my character sheet I've been watching. For the moment I'm feeling pretty done with the sheet. And since no one have said anything I'm guessing it was okay.
Fluff - Did you have something to add about how your character have raised the saviour? Since you never answered my original questions. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:51 am

Since I will be taking the Silver-tongued, I thought that a great twist would be to actually play a female disguised as a male (whose parents have hidden her true sex from birth). If she is an excellent and prone liar it seems plausible, but I wanted everyone's OK before I make the character, because I realize that it breaks rules.

What do you guys think? Acceptable? If you disagree, please tell me why and I will make a male character instead.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am

Sounds OK to me. Actually, it even reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Monstrous Regiment a bit, which is a nice book, with an interesting storyline and overall fairly funny Razz

But yeah, seriously, I don't mind.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:38 am

It's fine with me. I'm just thinking about all the times when she might have to have less clothes on. If she gets hurt? Bathing? And such things.
But as I said I'm fine with it, you just have to think about all the instances where she'd have to act differently and so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:07 pm

I would imagine that everyone in the group would know, but it would be kept from the rest of the world. Being that close together for so many years, it would be kind of hard not to notice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Perhaps the clan that (s)he comes from is mostly kin, so that it was in the interest of the entire group to keep her alive. I also imagine that (s)he would have a biological affliction that would make her masculine, such as a dysfunctional Y chromosome (androgen resistance syndrome, which gives females internal testes and increased testosterone levels and therefore makes them more physically inclined and infertile).
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Well that was a syndrome I could have gone without knowing. XD
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:46 pm

Haha, yea the truth hurts sometimes. Gender (and even sex!) isn't always as clear cut as some wish it to be!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 am

No matter how much we wish it to be so...
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 am

I don't want to make my character until all members agree with my idea, but as soon as they do I will get it up ASAP.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

Whatever you think will work, go for it.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm all right with your idea, Ryona. I am in agreement with what Silvone suggested, though. It would make sense that the group here (or at least some of?) would have found her out at some point. However, simply the fact that they're raising a girl to begin with would probably make them more comfortable with the initial finding and accepting of the woman.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:36 pm

I think she should be a simple woman, no afflictions or anything. Why? It's simple really, going on a tangent from SpaceWheeler2.0's last post one could ask this question. The saviour is a female, ok, we can deal with that...somehow. But why can't we accept other women? In the end, I think all of this can lead to a pretty nice motif of emancipation and all that.

Still, just throwing my 2 (euro)cents in here, not saying this has to fly or anything. Smile
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 pm

The affliction is only a reason that keeps her from, upon finding out her true sex, being forced to slip back into the female role. Having that disorder will make her more apt a warrior, and basically useless in terms of having children. It makes her role as warrior more important than her role as woman. No one will know about it though, probably not even she. It's just my own reasoning behind it.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm going away until Saturday/Sunday so all you know if you haven't seen it. But I'm sure you can manage without me for a few days. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm not sure where Fluff is. I haven't heard from him in a while now. I think I will start this next week when Miss Dagger returns, and hopefully we will hear from him soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 pm

I just thought I'd add here that I'm back now. So we can continue. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:35 am

I still haven't heard from Fluff, but I won't count him out just yet. And Ryona still needs to make a character sheet. But I'll start working on the introduction post (I got lazy....sorry).

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Oops, yea I was waiting on Fluff but I suppose I should get started. Expect it finished by tomorrow night!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:21 pm

I've been working on my character sheet, but I ran into a couple of brick walls while working on it. I'll put up what I have got, but there are some serious holes:

Name: Lam the Imposter
Expertise: Silver-tongued

Physical description: Lam is slightly built for K’ip Clan standards, but is average in height, about 6’2”. Lam has black hair which is kept mid length and pulled back out of the face. Lam’s eyes are nearly black, with a face that is unreadable. Lam was raised as a warrior, and can fight as well as any average warrior, but Lam’s true skill is with words.

History: Lam was born under the female name Lamyn. She had a twin brother who died of sickness before his first birthday. Lamyn’s mother told the father that it was their daughter who had died, knowing that if she told him that the son had died he would likely kill the daughter anyway, deeming her a curse. She knew that only the women would know, at least until the child was marriageable. The women of the K’ip Clan helped hide Lam’s true female identity, as well as teach her who she was as a woman as well as who she had to be as a man, at least to the best of their ability. They managed to hide her true sex from the male population for twelve years. It was upon puberty that Lam was discovered, and the Clan ordered that she be put to death. It was her father who must kill her, as is always the case when a daughter brings dishonor to the family. Lam defended herself against her father, and ended up killing him in her defense. It was this rare act of courage and ability which saved Lam. The council deemed that she was an unusual case, a soul born into the wrong body. She was allowed to grow up as Lam the Imposter, though no one but the K’ip Clan truly knew what that meant. She grew up as a man, a warrior, but with a lethal craftiness that could be credited to no one but the mother whose actions gave Lam a chance to live.

Clan: K’ip Clan
need to explain clan and why chosen-talk to Silv

Mentality:
need to fill in after Clan is hammered out
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:34 am

If Ryona is still interested in this, then I am going to try and restart it. If she isn't, then I will see if someone else will take her place. I will get rid of Fluff's spot completely, and that will leave five warriors with the saviour. Once I figure out whether or not Ryona will be staying, I will PM each of you (if I don't hear from you here) to see what your status is. Don't worry, I won't feel bad if you no longer feel like participating. I took far too long to get this started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 am

Aye, I'm still in.

I still need to update my character sheet, regarding what my character thinks of the other warriors. However, I'm swamped these days and I won't be able to write anything (be it CS or introductory post) until somewhere next week. But by all means, go ahead...I've been itching to dig into this thing.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Count me out baby, I'm in too much stuff as it is.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next