FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Udapak Child rp Full

+2
Gadreille
Blackrock
6 posters

Go down

The Udapak Child rp Full Empty The Udapak Child rp Full

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 am

The known lands are divided into clans. These clans are divided by fear and prejudice. Wars have ravaged the lands for years, filling the empty plains between homesteads with the bones of the fallen. War is their way of life, the way of Man.

The prophecies speak of one who will reunite the clans under a single banner, a warrior of limitless power. This warrior will put a stop to the endless battles between the clans so that they can bring the wars to the lands beyond. According to the prophecies, this warrior will discover a way to cross the Rift, the great crack in the ground that separates their small world from the world beyond.

The time of this prophecy has arrived.

The chieftan of Udapak Clan, currently the strongest of the clans, steps out of his tent, a small bundle held in his arms. The entire clan, as well as its strongest allies, raise their arms and cry out in joy. The greatest moment of their lives is upon them. This child would bring an end to their suffering, and would bring the world into their reach.

The chieftan held one hand high above his head, the thick hide sleeve of his coat falling slightly to reveal his scarred arm. The crowd around him silenced, slowly.

The chieftan took a deep breath as he stared out at the assembled men.
"It is a girl."

The noise that erupted from the crowd was nothing like it had been moments ago: their joy had been replaced by outrage. Their hopes and dreams were shattered, the prophecy they had believed in for generations proven false. The warrior that should have been born this day was replaced by a useless girl. The crowd demanded justice.

The chieftan raised his hand high above his head once again, and slowly the noise ceased.

"She will die," said the chieftan. He lowered his hand to his belt and pulled free his bone knife. He stepped forward, the crowd made room for him. Still holding the bundled baby, the chieftan walked forward through the crowd, and the mass of bodies moved around him like waves against a rock.

Finally free of the crowd, the chieftan quickened his pace. His heart quickened in pace as well. The crowd stayed behind, not given permission to follow. The chieftan walked until he entered the sparse forest just beyond the encampment. He layed the bundle on the ground, and slowly began to unrap it. The child within began to cry as the cold, biting air touched her skin. The chieftan's heart cringed. He raised the knife above his head, both hands gripping the leather handle, twisting slightly as he tried to force the bone tip downward into the soft flesh of the child.

The chieftan's heart won over his scarred hands. He lowered the knife slowly.

"You will live," the chieftan said softly, the sound of his voice slightly diminishing the infant's cries. "You will fulfill the prophecies, and do what all before you could not."

The chieftan rewrapped the small bundle and moved it closer to the base of the nearest tree. He covered it again with leaves and twigs. The chieftan stood and turned back toward his home, where the crowd was still waiting just out of sight.

He would send his most trusted men to raise the babe, to teach her what she needed to know. She would fulfill her destiny, as the prophecies promised. He would see to it.

Note: I do realize this is based loosely off of a video game. I've always wanted to use a version of that story...

Characters:
The girl, the warrior of the prophecy - open
Warrior one, expert in close combat - open
Warrior two, epxert in ranged combat - open
Warrior three, knowledgeable in letters and history - Silvone Elestahr
Warrior four, knowledgeable in the arts of stealth - open
Warrior five, a leader and tactician - open
Warrior six, silver-tongued - open
Warrior seven, master craftsman - open

The story will begin 20 or so years in the future. I have some good ideas of how to start it, but I would like to see if I get any interest before I put too much effort into it...

Last edited by Silvone Elestahr on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Udapak Child rp Full Empty Re: The Udapak Child rp Full

Post by Blackrock Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 am

Have to say, this has the potential to be quite the epic adventure. If it does gather more interest, count me in.
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Ryona has also (verbally) expressed interest, should we get more members. Thanks for the interest! I'm glad you like it, even though the foundation of the idea isn't really mine...

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu May 27, 2010 2:09 pm

You are such a tattle tale. I'm only in if you've got like 7/8 players and need one more. I'm trying to NOT be in every darn RP you are. Some people may want to RP with you without me for once!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 5:31 pm

I'm interested, although I'm not sure who'd I'd actually want to play.

Edit:: I'd be interested in playing the girl, not sure I could portray her very well though. Since she's supposed to be the SAVIOR of that land... ^^"

Last edited by Miss Dagger on Thu May 27, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Thu May 27, 2010 5:50 pm

I would like to express my interest as well, possibly as the ranged warrior (2) or tactician (5)...

And just to add, I don't immediately recognize the relation to any game. Either you have adjusted it well, or I'm just plain clueless as to what it is similar to, haha.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm

I think that I'm up for playing the smooth talker. Blah Blah Blah
Aesalon
Aesalon
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Interest! Awesome! I guess I should start working on an OOC. As far as the game, I think I won't mention it unless someone can guess it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 am

*marks interest*

Tactician (5) or Stealth (4). Shall I go ahead and post the sheet?
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Welcome aboard, Fluff!

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 am

Interest officially grabbed now that I got around to wandering around the site.

If I could, I would like to grab either the master craftsman, or the expert close range expert.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Whichever one you want, quakernuts! Welcome aboard Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I need some more players for this role-play, if anyone is interested. I lost a few in the time it took me to get thsi started, so I would like to fill in some spots. If anyone is interested, you can either post here or the OOC thread. It doesn't matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down