FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought I would stop by during my travels

+6
Shadow Moonseye
Silvan Arrow
wakeangel
Kathryn Lacey
Gadreille
World Traveler
10 posters

Go down

Thought I would stop by during my travels Empty Thought I would stop by during my travels

Post by World Traveler Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Hello FOG and to whomever it may concern,

My name is World Traveler and I have recently joined the ranks of role-players on FOG. I am eager to jump in the basin of creative minds and words. I hope to be both an active member of the community as well as someone people enjoy talking shop with. I pride myself in my plot ideas and character creation. The most enjoyable part of a role play in my opinion is character creation and development. Nothing beats watching something you created grow right before your fingertips.

I am interested, but not limited to role- playing Action, Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Fan-Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Magical Realism, Medieval, Mystery, Political, Post or (Pre)-Apocalyptic, Romance, Super Powers, Science, School-Life, Space Opera, Steam-punk, Thriller, Urban, Western, and Zombie.

One thing I would like to note is that I am a somewhat realistic thinker. This means that when I picture a role play I tend to lean towards the more realistic world. I am more than capable of allowed the laws of physics to be broken; however, usually this is limited to a sort of enclosed area. What this means is that at times I will find it hard to picture a characters movement or action. When this happens I will usually either PM the person to further explain or simply ask in the OOC for someone to explain.

I also want everyone to know that I I ask a LOT of questions. This is mostly because I enjoy learning as much about a role play I could be joining or have already joined. Unfortunately a lot of people often feel like I am trying to attack them which is NOT the case. I am only trying to get a better understanding of the world so I can be a valued member of the group. I also hold people to their word so PLEASE do not say something and then later just do the opposite or go back on your word and change something.

I Plan on joining a few role plays to get a feel for the site after which I would like to start pitching my own ideas and plots for others to enjoy. As a GM I try to have a completely open line of communication. This means I will answer questions to the best of my ability while expecting everyone to do the same for me.

Thank you for your time and patients in reading my thread.

Sincerely,

World Traveler
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Thought I would stop by during my travels Empty Re: Thought I would stop by during my travels

Post by Gadreille Fri May 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Welcome to FOG! Asking questions is something a lot of people tend to fear, on both sides of the action...however I am like you, I tend to ask a lot of questions to fully comprehend whatever it is I am curious about. It took me many years of school to finally figure out that a question is almost never a bad thing!

I hope you enjoy yourself here and find some other players who enjoy realism as much as you. This is definitely the place for it!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Thought I would stop by during my travels Empty Re: Thought I would stop by during my travels

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Welcome to FoG, Traveler.

It's good to see someone who is thoroughly excited about all sorts of things. Questions are never a bad thing, as Ryona as said. Ask whatever needs to be asked. If you don't understand something, not asking a question can be detrimental.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Welcome Traveller. I hope you enjoy your stay here. ^_^
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri May 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Welcome to FOG! I'm glad your travels have brought you to our humble community of dedicated role-players. I'll echo the above sentiments that asking questions is never a bad thing. I tend to ask my fair share of questions too, so no need to worry. It's always good to see a new face that loves so many genres of role-playing. I look forward to seeing what ideas you create for a role-play, and I may just have to jump on board ^_^. Enjoy your stay in the swirling mists!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Moonseye Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 am

Welcome to FOG!

I think you'll fit right in around here, with your wide range likes. The rest of the welcoming wagon should be around soon, so I won't steal their thunder by posting up the links and such. Hehe.

I've seen you in chat several times now, so you know all about that. Perhaps not how crazy and silly and fun and AWESOME it can get, but in time you will. I'm sure of it.

As far as rps go, I saw that you already posted your own interest check (looks quite nice, by the by). I suggest having a look around the casual and one-on-one at first, as they make good places to get a feel for FOG before you go into an advanced rp. Or, if you're feeling up to the challenge, go right ahead and dive into the deep end so to speak!

If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me or the other members of the staff, as we'll be more than happy to help.

Anywho, I hope to see you around and rp with you. Enjoy your stay here in the swirling mists!
Shadow Moonseye
Shadow Moonseye
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Greetings From the Darkness among the mist.

We have met before, perhaps this time you will be more use to my evil? Perhaps.

Regardless welcome. Looking forward to fighting against you or with you perhaps. -evil laugh-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun May 16, 2010 10:06 am

Welcome to FoG! I am sure bird of Hermes will be by shortly to post up all the links you should check out before jumping in head first. If you are looking for a place to improve your writing skills than this is it. Plus everyone around here is awesome so don't be afraid to ask questions. I hope to see you around.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Greetings, World Traveler! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in there. (You seem like you will be a good addition to our role-play community. Here's the promised links.)

Thought I would stop by during my travels 13fe758e06

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

Take a moment to browse our fourms and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Hello, hello World Traveler!

I'm envious! I want to see the world too. So tell me, what's your world? What have you seen? Smile

I hope you like it here, because well...I'm newish and I do, so go right ahead and enjoy it too! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by World Traveler Mon May 17, 2010 2:04 am

To Everyone,

Thank you for the kind welcome. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

World Traveler
World Traveler
World Traveler
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon May 17, 2010 8:12 am

Hi! I told you this place was the best!

Welcome officially and see you on the boards soon!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Sorry to join the welcome wagon so late.
Welcome to the FOG, World Traveler! cheers
I'm looking forward to role-playing with you sometime. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down