FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Old Republic RP

5 posters

Go down

Star Wars Old Republic RP Empty Star Wars Old Republic RP

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 pm

A good RL friend of mine -- Leu-Mas Drof -- has been plotting an awesome Star Wars story for quite some time, and we recently thought FOG might be the perfect place to bring it to light.

The story is set at 3,960 BBY, just after the battle of Malachor V.
We plan to end the story at or near the time when Star Forge is destroyed (3,956 BBY).

Would anyone be interested in joining this RP? We have lots of room for many different characters. Multiple characters welcome. ^^

Key Features:
-- following the journey of Revan and Malak, viewing the story from a new angle
-- featuring the Jedi Exile, a key plot point for some of the major characters
-- solving the mysteries of the many Dark Jedi that were created at Malachor V
-- lots of Dark-Side, Light-Side philosophy and struggle

Post here with comments, suggestions and ideas! Very Happy
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Old Republic RP Empty Re: Star Wars Old Republic RP

Post by Leu-Mas Drof Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'd like to for paying us some mind, you won't be disappointed. This RP comes out of a story I have been working on for a long time. Kalon and I have been good friends for a wile. He had told me about FOG and I thought it would a perfect place for this story, (especially after seeing other RP sites that are out there) you guys are well organized and seem very dedicated and literate.

I look forward to role playing with Yall.
Leu-Mas Drof
Leu-Mas Drof
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:24 am

Well, if it's star wars, pretty much count me in.

However i -will- imply that i have limited knowledge of the timeline of events... However because of my experience with the movies, and video games...I'm familiar with some events of Revan and Malak. Of course not saying i'm an expert. haha. far from it.

-sigh-

okay, i'm pretty excited about this, so i'm beginning to ramble. Let me sum this post up with - I'm very interested. I'm an enormous fan of the Star Wars Universe [mostly including the jedi]. I would very much like to be a part of this.

especially since it's in the Casual section- as i have a majority of my time devoted to real life, i only have a few minutes a day dedicated to being on. If that on others. Not to say i'll hold things back- i always give notice of absences, etc.

So how about the storyline? Any more depth to it that you care to reveal as of now? I see that it deals with Malachor V and the Dark Lord of the sith and the Apprentice at the time.... But where would our characters fit? Who would they be? Or is that what you're here to figure out? xD
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Leu-Mas Drof has at least 2 characters planned -- which will probably end up as more like 3 or 4, not including NPC's and APC's. At least two of them are Jedi.

I have at least 3 character's planned, all Jedi. But I'll also play as many other characters, NPC's and APC's come up.

We'll have several plot threads, but we'll start and finish with the story Leu-Mas Drof has partially written, concerning two Jedi friends -- one Dark and one Light -- who each end up switching sides. We also have a working title...
STAR WARS: Out of the Darkness, Into the Forge
It's meant to carry meanings of Malachor V and the Star Forge, as well as the struggles between Dark and Light, and the trials of war and suffering and the worsening progression of events.

Other plots will revolve around Revan and Malak, the Jedi Exile, and whatever else we all cook up depending on what characters we make.
It might be neat to have an ex-Mandalorian somewhere, possibly as an APC.

We'd like to have some Dark Jedi, so we can tell their story of the way they followed Revan to the Dark Side, and where they went after Malachor V, from their perspective.

Hopefully we'll get at least five people together, including Leu-Mas, me, and Spectre.

And I might--just might--be making free-hand character sketches of us all. That's a big We'll See, but we'll see. ^^ I don't have much experience drawing Sci-Fi, so that's both a hindrance and an incentive.

What we can promise is utter dedication on the part of us hosts. ^^ This is Leu-Mas Drof's baby, so to speak, and I never ever quit a RP I join, so any commitment on the part of the players has an assurance of being rewarded. Very Happy

Edit: We'll definitely draw up a timeline, as well. Nod

Last edited by Kalon Ordona II on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Capfalcon Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 pm

As long as you don't mind my kinda learning Play by Post Role Plays as I go, I'm pretty interested in this idea. I've played KOTOR I and II, and GMed a few Star Wars Saga Edition games (set in the Dark Times and Rebellion era, granted).

Before I nail down a character, I've got a few questions on the particular "view" of Star Wars. (If these are things that are supposed to come out in play, that's cool, too.)

What are your thoughts on Grey Jedi, like Jolee Bindo? Misguided or enlightened?
What scale is the story going to occur? (I.E. Are we small fish going to investigating the aftermath of a clash of titans, or are we someone who would stand side by side with the Exile, or somewhere in-between.)
From the previous post, I gather that this is going to take place in the waning days of Jedi Civil War, right?

Anyway, my initial idea is to try my hand at playing a straight lightsider. Although, a droid might be fun...
Capfalcon
Capfalcon
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Leu-Mas Drof Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Well Capfalcon, I absolutely agree with Jolee. The Jedi are to strict and the Sith are to, well crazy. So it would be grate to have more than one grey Jedi in this story. We may even delve in to Jolee's life a little, see what really made him leave.

And to everyone. We've almost got a full time line laid out. So we should be starting soon.

Tell all your friends!
Leu-Mas Drof
Leu-Mas Drof
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 am

Sounds interesting. I could totally get in on some Old Republic Jedi action.

I could try and fit a nice struggle with the darkness, being captured by Revan's ability to gather a quick following. Have a promising young knight throw everything away on his/her 'instinct', and full trust put into the Jedi turned Dark Lord... Without knowing why, other than their faith in Revan himself. [i'm assuming you're making Revan male? If not i don't care. Revan was Revan, the Dark Lord either way Smile]

It may sound cliche to some, however i've never had to play 'that' part. I've usually always played [light]Jedi, Pilots, or soldiers, or mercenaries.... Hm.

As far as character sketches go, i'd like to see your style first, then i could possibly mimic? I love creating my own characters Very Happy [not that i'm saying NO to your offerings though, Kalon! i don't want it to sound like that Very Happy]
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 am

I might be able to get into this, but I've got to say...if this is around the time of the Star Forge, wouldn't that mean that Revan had gone back to the Order by then?
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Leu-Mas Drof Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 am

To Spetre, we have a lot of characters and welcome any you might come up with, light or dark. Also according to Lucas, Revan is a male and the Exile is a female. But we still don't know what her name is.

And to Gunneh, the story actually this RP starts in the year 3,960 BBY(Before the Battle of Yavin)for those who didn't know, and it's the end of the Mandalorian Wars. Revan and Malak had just recently turned evil. It will probably end in the year 3,956 BBY, when the Star Forge is destroyed.
Leu-Mas Drof
Leu-Mas Drof
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 am

Right. The role-play will probably span about 4 years.
Again, multiple characters are welcome! Very Happy

Spectre, if you'd like to see my style of graphite artwork, feel free to browse my Elfwood Gallery, and also have a look at a sketch I did for role-play characters here at FOG, plus some Gaia avatars.
Characters from Aura: Daughter of Light
Gaia avatar: Kalon Ordona II
Gaia avatar: Serinal

It'll be good to have you joining, Capfalcon! Like you, Leu-Mas Drof is still learning to role-play but on the other hand is a huge expert on Star Wars. Since the two of you seem to have that in common, you both are certain to get plenty of coaching and earn plenty of experience -- in return for your enviable knowledge of the Star Wars universe. Very Happy

As for the scale of the story, we really plan to cover a wide spectrum. Many plot threads will be almost on par with the Jedi Exile, while others will be minor -- but interesting and hopefully informative -- sideplots.

I'm very excited to see what we all come up with. If Gunneh and Capfalcon join with Spectre, we'll have our quota of at least five players. Should I start making an OOC thread? Very Happy We can post all the information there and continue planning in here.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Excited to see how this goes!
As long as you guys have a general direction you want to go in, and some good stuff to get us jumpstarted, i'll be here waiting Very Happy

-frantically stuffs face with cheeto's and awaits the OOC-ness.-
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:04 am

Alrighty then, I shall officially begin construction of the OOC thread....
NOW!

*goes*
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:49 am

OK, the OOC thread has seen a little progress. Leu-Mas Drof and I have been researching like crazy the past couple days to make sure everything fits the Star Wars universe.

We're still working on ideas and story characters, and we'd love to have your assistance. Very Happy
Feel free to start making characters -- that'll help us get ideas for plot and where to fit things in.

There's room for Dark Jedi along with Revan, who will rebuild the Sith Academy on Korriban.
There's room for Jedi and other characters on, say... Dantooine, where we're brainstorming to have one of my characters be. Not sure what to do out of it, but this is Star Wars, where there are hundreds of stories everywhere.
There's room for Jedi and other characters on Coruscant.
And of course bounty hunters and just anything really, anywhere else.

We're still halfway in the brainstorming stage.
Any ideas from you all will be most welcome -- we'll try to incorporate all of them. Hopefully now that we have more people working on this thing, we'll see lots of story threads popping up waiting to be woven in. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 pm

So Leu-Mas Drof and I have been hard at work coming up with storylines and checking it all out. Here's what we have so far.

For possible starting points, right now we have four main ones:

Coruscant
Dantooine
Nar Shaddaa
aboard one of the ships accompanying Revan

Any Jedi starting on Coruscant will probably be there to witness the exile of the Jedi Exile (that gets annoying to say over and over -- I wish she had a name).
Other characters on Coruscant are encouraged as well, and we can either work them into existing storylines or create whole new ones. We have few limits in this RP.

Jedi starting on Dantooine will probably know Jedi Master To Korin, my Kel Dorian character. There's a Jedi Academy there, and Revan will eventually go there to be re-trained as a Jedi after his mind is wiped (much later along in our RP).
Other characters starting on Dantooine are also encouraged... blah blah same as above. ^^

There will probably be few Jedi on Nar Shaddaa. Right now the plan is to have at least Derrak Qast (story character), Mokoru Kalux (my character), and Leu-Mas Drof (Leu-Mas Drof's character Razz), at least, on Nar Shaddaa. There could be other Jedi there, but not too many.
Other characters starting on Nar Shaddaa would be awesome. Bounty hunters, smugglers, or just normal adventurous or seedy folk. Who knows WHAT could come out of it? xD New storylines will probably abound.

One of the ships with Revan...
Now here's where it gets fun. There are probably around 100 Dark Jedi aboard the ships that went with Revan and Malak after Malachor V. Anyone who wants to be a Dark Jedi will probably start here. We won't be alongside Revan and Malak, but we will have some cool interactions on the ships in orbit over Lehon (a.k.a. Rekata Prime). I'm sure we'll all think up some awesome stories to tell.
Other characters along with the Dark Jedi would be cool as well. From droids to bounty hunters (?) to ships' crew. The possibilities are many -- though not nearly as myriad as characters from Coruscant, Dantooine, or especially Nar Shaddaa.

If anyone has other ideas for starting points and alternate storylines, please please please speak up and let's brainstorm! It's very fun. xD

The storyline for Dantooine is pretty bare right now.
Same for Coruscant -- it's little more than a starting point at this point. (redundancy intended Razz)
Nar Shaddaa and one of the ships with Revan are the two spots where we have any kind of plan -- at least for now. On Nar Shaddaa we have a bit of capture, rescue, and information hunting going on. On the Dark Jedi ship, we'll get to see Albec Krigo, Derrak Qast's friend and the reason behind all this hullabaloo.

I'm starting to get my characters fleshed out, so that will probably help us along in this planning phase.
So!
Questions, thoughts, impressions, suggestions, new ideas, oh my! xD
Let's get started! ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content