FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The STAR WARS: The Old Republic Thread

5 posters

Go down

The STAR WARS:  The Old Republic Thread Empty The STAR WARS: The Old Republic Thread

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:42 am

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Official Site
Official Forums
Wikia

For everyone who's excited to play the upcoming MMO, interested in playing, or just would like to discuss it, let's do so here!

I was invited to be one of the Beta testers last week for the closed beta of TOR, but I've been encountering a lot of errors while trying to download the game, and I'm unsure why. I submitted a help request to their support, along with a lot of information that I had to answer for their questions and a few attachments to give them more insight, and the e-mail I received back stated that "This particular issue has been escalated to one of our specialized team members to assist you." So, that is pretty upsetting, considering I apparently am one of very few to have encountered a problem like this. I really hope that this can be figured out and I can play the game and have the honor of helping them test it and give them feedback (each week, they have a new focus for what sorts of things to concentrate on in game for feedback) before the game is actually released.

So which species and which class is everyone thinking of playing? I'm still on the fence about who my main should be, but I'm kind of leaning more towards a Human Sith Inquisitor at the moment. Originally, my main was going to be a Twi'lek Jedi Consular, which it still may be (because who knows what I'll want by the time the game is out -- characters in Beta, FYI, do not carry over to launch).

I'm just super excited and have not been looking forward to an MMO as long as this (my account on swtor.com, the one that was invited to join the Beta, was created back in 2008) and as eager as this!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The STAR WARS:  The Old Republic Thread Empty Re: The STAR WARS: The Old Republic Thread

Post by Blackrock Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:01 am

I've also eagerly been awaiting TOR ever since it was revealed back in October 2008 (my God, how fast the years fly by). Overall, I can't say that the game will be as great as everyone claims/hopes. It looks like a traditional MMO, with a few improvements of course, with the biggest difference being the Star Wars spin on it. Nevertheless, I'm very excited for the game, purely based on the RP potential in there.

Myself, I've been part of a campaign that started in early 2009. The basic premise is that we'll have two guilds in the game - one Republic and one Empire aligned - and we'll mostly RP with each other. The campaign ruleset will be the same (yes, ruleset, it's a very heavy RP guild) for both factions and we'll still be one community, which ensures that both sides can enjoy quality role-playing, without the, unavoidable, bad RP that's prevalent in MMO's. The core members of the campaign have been involved in about 2,5 years of d20 sessions, which will help shape up the characters' backstory. That way, when you type in "John Doe took part in the battle of Planet 2232" your character has actually been there and done that. The random aspect of d20, the dice rolls, ensure that the characters are not overly heroic. All in all, it's been great fun.

As the MMO draws closer (most rumours and speculations point to an October/November launch) we're really starting to focus on how the two guilds will run in-game and, even if I say so myself, the whole thing looks damned cool.

At any rate, I definitely can't wait to see how the different roleplay communities will interact with each other once the game starts. RP'ers are, by default, a diverse bunch and that's always a big hindrance for server-wide RP. Hopefully, with the common theme of Star Wars love between us, this time things will be slightly better Smile
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

The STAR WARS:  The Old Republic Thread Empty Re: The STAR WARS: The Old Republic Thread

Post by Crimson Saint Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm beyond excited for this game! It looks pretty awesome. There are a few things that kind of disappointed me (on-rails space combat), but overall, Bioware's never let me down before.

Towards what Blackrock was saying, as far as RP goes, I think it'll be decently structured even outside of organized guilds. The game seems extremely story-heavy, so the story events should be pretty much set, and the only thing people will have to worry about is playing their character how they want. Even player interaction seems to be based on helping each other through story sections. Hopefully, that means that the game itself will solve some of the problems encountered on RP servers with other, less story-driven MMO's.
Crimson Saint
Crimson Saint
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I can't wait for Star Wars:The Old Republic to come out. I have been a huge fan of the series since playing KoToR for the first time. Being a Star Wars fan my whole life, and loving MMO games, I think I will be spending a lot of my time playing this game. I am looking forward to meeting other fans, and maybe getting to play with them too.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackrock Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:16 am

So, with the launch drawing closer and closer, how many foggers are considering giving the game a go? I, for one, definitely am - can't wait until I get my dirty mitts on that box! Vader

Class-wise, I think I've stopped on Sith Warrior, despite the prevalent armour-theme, which I don't think is really what Jedi and Sith combat is about. At any rate, this is closest to what I envisioned my character like, so I'm rolling with that. On an EU RP-PvE server, more than likely, just waiting for names to be announced so me and my guildmates can finally decide where we're going.

What about the rest o' you lot?
Blackrock
Blackrock
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 am

Tried it. Played it. I'm a Star Wars freak, and I didn't like it. I literally continued playing just because I'm in the Star Wars Universe. I'm not sure how the RP was because I never found any good roleplayers in the servers i was on while in the field. I didn't even check to see if any FoGgers were playing, and I should have. It probably would have lead to me keeping the game on my harddrive and not cancelling my subscription. Such a sad day where StarWars finally has a good MMO idea, and its one that didn't do so hot.
Spectre
Spectre
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down