FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check)

2 posters

Go down

The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check) Empty The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check)

Post by Ominous Flare Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:43 pm

*A portion of the title is blanked out because it will be replaced by the name of one of your characters

Initially, when I had an idea about writing a short series of horror stories called "When Midnight Strikes," I had two ideas for the first two stories - Madman's Mansion and, well, this, Monster in Mather's Mirror. For those who haven't read my short story, When Midnight Strikes is basically something like Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Plot
Fiona and her girlfriends hate boys! They are spending their annual Anti-Boys Club sleepover at the house of one of Fiona's two other girlfriends and members of the ABC also spending their night there to discuss about their hatred for boys. They are just having fun when they discover a mirror at Mather's place with some sort of... an enchantment.

"Whoever gazes into me"
"On the midnight hour"
"Will themselves cease to be"
"And fall within my power!"

Like curious little girls, they eventually gaze into the mirror at the midnight hour of 12AM. Nothing happens at first. But then, each of them watch each other being sucked into the mirror, before all are trapped within it, falling within its power.

And that is only the beginning.

Creatures called Glassoids will soon approach them, seemingly wanting to hurt them. Will Fiona and the girls survive the horror? Or will they remain trapped in ________'s mirror... forever?

First-Person View
The writing style of this RP is first-person view, by the way, for convenience's sake. However, you are allowed to write in third-person view if you are not comfortable with that, though I advice you not to in order to keep the writing style consistent.

Glassoids
The Glassoids are humanoids entirely made of glass. They are much clearer outside of the mirror, but are vaguely seen once you are trapped inside. They are humans turned into glass by the mirror when they were trapped inside years ago, too.

I need, altogether, two people to play the roles of Fiona's two girlfriends. The Glassoids are minor roles, so I've decided to make them NPCs instead.

Character Sheet
Code:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Four standard fields. Very simple, as I believe simple writing - as long as the grammar and spelling are keep in check - can still bring creative stories with the right touch of imagination and creativity.

The three characters are obviously females, and they have classes together, so 'Age' and 'Gender' are not included in the CS, though Fiona's age is about 12 years old.

My Character Sheet
Spoiler:

Any questions and suggestions are welcome. Smile

Last edited by Ominous Flare on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check) Empty Re: The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:47 pm

I would be highly ineterested in this.
I'm guessing since Fiona is about 12, the other girls would need to be around her age as well?

Anyway...
I'll have a profile up once I can find a good picture.
What would you prefer? Real people or drawn/anime?

Back to top Go down

The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check) Empty Re: The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check)

Post by Ominous Flare Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:51 pm

I would prefer a real person, actually, but if you really can't find any pictures of a real 12 year old girl, then a drawing would suffice, too, I suppose. Smile

And yes, as stated, both of the other characters go to Fiona's class, thus, in normal situations, they should be of Fiona's age as well.
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Name: Ryder Ann Grace
Appearance:
The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check) Untitled
Personality:
Ryder is a fiery little girl. She gets into a lot of trouble thanks to her big mouth and her inability to keep it quiet when the situation calls for it. She picks that up from her older sister who is the same way. Ryder makes snide comments for a twelve year old and most adults think she is nothing but a trouble maker. While she does have a big mouth and a fiery temper, she is a sweet girl when it comes down to it. She is tough and never backs down froma challenge. This is thanks to her two older brothers who taught her to be tough.
Backstory:
Ryder Ann Grace is the youngest of three siblings. Her sister is the oldest and the twin boys follow soon after. They are all in their teens, with Ashley, her sister, being the oldest at nineteen. Their mother left them a long time ago, leaving their father to raise them all with a minimum wage income. Ashley got a job as soon as she could, causing her to miss out on her teen years and resent their father. She treats Ryder okay, but hates that the little pest is always following her around. Her brothers, on the other hand, love Ryder and they are always teaching her neat ways to defend herself.

Ryder met Fiona years ago and they have been close friends for as long as either of them can remember. The two girls get along great and Ryder spends a lot of time at Fiona's house while her friend has never been to her house. Ryder is ashamed of where she lives and how they live. They are dirt poor and barely making ends meet as it is. She is a strong girl and doesn't want her friends to know that she has next to nothing.

--
Everything look okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Yep. doesn't look like the girls will be sleeping over at Ryder's house, though. At least not that Ryder would agree with that, it seems. Razz

Will be waiting for one more Sign Up before I commence the game.
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Yeah. Lol.
Her house would be a mess.
X D

She always makes up excuse as to why they can't have the sleep over at her house.

Just one more person.
:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Can I reserve the last spot?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Sure you can! Just post your character sheet any time you are free.
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks a lot Smile I'll try to come up with one tonight Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Yay!
Another person!
: D

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 am

My sheet will be up tonight - promise! I'll be back in my dorm tonight and finally have acces to a better computer!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm

Name: Suki Nakano
Appearance: The Monster in Suki's Mirror (Interest Check) 229895724_65d3c42837
Personality: Suki is a playful little girl with a great amount of imagination, which causes her to be able to play at herself perfectly which comes in handy a lot, as she's the only child of her Japanese born parents. But her shyness sometimes gets the best of her, caused by her being Japanese and being Japanese raised, which makes her different from other people she knows. Still, Suki is witty, intelligent and reliable. She always keeps her word and sometimes might take things a bit too seriously.
Backstory:
Even though Suki herself wasn't born in Japan, her parents still raised her as if they were in the country itself. Having respect for her parents and the way they do things, the respect little kids always seem to have, Suki didn't particulary hate her father, but she didn't like the way he seemed to be treating her mother: in a degrading manner. Being a strict man, her father believed in the 'superiority' of the man and saw females as the weaker beings, which resulted in her mother always having dinner ready on time, looking and behaving perfectly whenever her father was around and all that jazz. She was confused, because they didn't live in Japan and the mothers of her friends weren't treated that way. This was, even if she didn't really understand it herself, the main reason she wanted to be part of ABC.

As she considers Ryder and Fiona to be her two best friends, kwowing them forever, she felt she could trust them in everything, even if that meant she had to admit she disliked the way her father treated her mother.

I hope this is to your liking! If not, let me know Smile
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Yep. It's good. It's GOOD. Very Happy Changed the title. So, the girls will be sleeping over at Suki's house. Smile

Will start the RP... now!
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Hahaha, thanks dude Very Happy Glad you like it! And wow, she's/I'm in the title!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:40 am

Say, they're already at Suki's house, right?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down