FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Street Lights [seeking 1x1]

3 posters

Go down

In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Empty In the Street Lights [seeking 1x1]

Post by Eternity Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 am

( - ) <-- this is what I expect from a partner.
( + ) <-- this is what I would really like from a partner.
( ~ ) <-- this is probably showing things I favor in a roleplay.

- Literacy
- Good grammar
- Creativity
- Sense of realism even in fantasy
+ Long posts
+ Challenging roleplayer
+ Male characters (since I prefer playing females)
~ Unique/original storyline
~ Interesting characters; depth, complexes, intriguing twists/flaws, unique traits, etc...
~ Romance (I really like romance, but it's not my first basis. It's something I like later in a roleplay to create drama within a story-line's main flow)
~ Action: Violence, realism, danger, emotion; etc. I want things to be good. Realism even in fantasy; this means that no character can really be dispassionate or constantly nonchalant. I want something interesting. Action surpasses violence too my dearies. Action means ''edge of your seat'', be it by verbal confrontation or an ironic climax, or bla bla bla. Get the picture?

_____________XXX_____________

[Story]

In the city of Richmond, Virginia, there is both opportunity and destruction. For young adults, and even older, more experienced folk, the nearby colleges and businesses stand tall and prospering. But growing in this grand capital city is crime and gang violence. Drugs are spreading, and the population of clean, hard-working citizens is declining.

Now there lies unrest. More for some than others.

Zephyr (or Zoey) is a new student at VCU. Freshly turning 19, she's been in Richmond for only three months now, having a small apartment of her own and working two jobs- one being a cake decorator at a local bakery, and another as mostly a cashier at the local Wal-Mart. She's finding life kinda' nice, but sees that things are difficult. Her family has recently broken apart yet again after her father's return to rehab after relapsing on drugs. The family split, her younger sister moving off to a private school while her mother took time to relax as she put in a divorce. Zoey escaped it all via college, exploring her art dreams as best she can.

But she finds someone wandering the halls, plastering up posters for a party. A young African-American girl, slightly older and far more fair than she is. Out of curiosity, she peeks at one of the posters, and is introduced to the girl. Her name is Alexis, or Lexi, and she invites her to come down. It would be the beginning of a very bad cycle, one that would elude Zoey's attention foremost until it was too late though.

One month after the party, she finds Lexi as a good friend, but her fears lie in her school work, and all the partying and fun. Most of all, she fears some relapse of her own insanity, as she finds herself surrounded by more and more people who have their own skeletons to hide and burdens to bear.

[Summary]

Zoey transferred into VCU, and as a new student, lacked friends. Alexis Brooks, a wild and manipulative girl of the night life, begins dragging Zoey under. Zoey, vulnerable and gullible to the kind lies of another, falls into a habit of going out and staying up late, meeting strangers. Her fears and phobias awaken again though as she realizes that her school life isn't going to resurface well, and that worst of all, she's surrounded by falsehoods and liars.

Being a slightly romance based rp, this will involve a male who comes along. Perhaps a friend, ex, or current boyfriend of Lexi, who sees what is going on with Zephyr. In attempts to bring her out of it, Zoey falls deeply for the man who speaks truth when she sees only two-faced people.

The story progresses further with Lexi's jealousy, which creates a horrid trap as the girl, and Young Dre, a popular and infamous thug, are out to get the innocent young girl and the man who accompanies her; and wipe them off the radar for good.

Starting characters controlled by me.

In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Portrait-of-dark-haired-girl-thumb9821500
-
In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Portrait-of-dark-haired-girl-thumb9461845
-
Zephyr Cecile Ligon / "Zoey"
19 y.o.
College Student at VCU

In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Beautiful-girl-thumb8122855
-
In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Sexy-african-american-girl-standing-thumb6929748
Alexis De'Veen Brooks / "Lexi"
20 y.o.
College Student at VCU | "New Friend" | Sister of Young Dre; a popular gangster in Richmond's night life

-----------------------

I'm looking for someone to play a male thug-like character. Be it a drug dealer, bartender, party-boy, or another someone who just lingers out at the parties to get rid of his own problems. I want someone complex. Give them problems, no perfect people here; nothing's perfect.

Is anyone interested?

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Empty Re: In the Street Lights [seeking 1x1]

Post by Eternity Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Open.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

In the Street Lights  [seeking 1x1] Empty Re: In the Street Lights [seeking 1x1]

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:09 am

I could probably do this.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:13 am

If you are up for this, that's good. I'll set us up an OOC later.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:41 am

In case Mel doesn't jump on this, I can do it, AJ. Very Happy

Just so it reduces confusion (unless you want to do more than just the two), I'll secede if he does Very Happy In any case, I wanna do another one on one with you, kid Razz
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 pm

... trying to steal something else from me Gunneh!?

Haha.

But, yeah, I'm in.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Lol, this one is strictly for Melancholy. I'm going to revive PinCushion again, and have another few ideas for other one on ones for us lovey.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

All right, I'll have something up later on. Need to go shortly to do some things.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down