FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry.

2 posters

Go down

The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry. Empty The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry.

Post by Phi Chisym Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:05 pm

"Wake the ones, and rise tonight...
Fallen souls, we shine so bright...
Rise now and ever, forgotten memories...
Rise now and ever, forgotten memories... "

This is what she asked before a connection can be made, but she never expected to be pulled into such a connection.

I don’t know if this idea is worth a one-on-one, or if it will be far too big and in need of a group. Anyway, if this does not grow to fit this category, then perhaps a little fertilizer, a few brainstorms on darken nights, and it may very well grow into a rather tall order for a very pleasant RP.

Just a thought…

A young lady, three years so far in her studies at a local university, has the uncanny ability to read traces of a person’s past by just a touch of a personal item. Due to this skill, well tested by her psychology professor, Dr. Franklin Dunwoody – known as “Delberton’s psychic Sherlock Holmes”; he’s talked her into assisting him in a strange local cold case/kidnapping investigation. The proud law enforcement of Delberton County wishes to keep the story hush-hush due to the sensitivity of all who’s involved, and is holding back alerting the FBI at the moment to allow their local talents to give the cases a shot.

”All that was found was a locket in the shape of a heart, holding a curl of dark hair. She’s been missing for three years, but her grandmother, Governess Bernadette Argilus, wants to know what happened to her. Now, the second granddaughter destined to inherit the Argilus estate has vanished, in the same manner as her cousin. This time, it was a pocket watch stained with a drop of her blood. They are either connected, or one is copying the other, if you get what I mean.”

The young lady took a moment to observe the items before her, interested in what was hidden deep under their surfaces. Then, she eyed the other people in the interrogation room who were observing her: her professor, Governess Argilus, and two local detectives. There were skeptics, true believers, and one set of intriguing midnight blues that seemed more interested in looking down her shirt than to see what she had to offer this case. As always, the need to prove herself to be a true psychic, and a woman who deserved respect, would be the first items on her list if she was going to participate in this case – especially if she was going to have to work with such intimate people.

Her hand extended, fingers hovering over the pocket watch. As soon as she touched it, a warning rang in her ear, and the whole entire case took on a whole new problem…

The young lady – disappeared.

This is what I’ve got, but the rest of the mystery will be up to us, meaning me and whoever signs up to this bit. I’m fumbling around the idea of a murder mystery that drags our charries into a dream-like atmosphere, magical and downright impossible; in a sense. If the players rearrange their understandings, alter how they precede reality, in creation, in dreams and imagination, they will see that this particular atmosphere was with them all along. They were just too blind to take notice of it.

But the Argilus’ girls…they learnt the hard way; they stumbled across this family secret unknowingly, as they tried to escape through dreams, hallucinations, and nightmares from the very spirit trying to find one of the keys (the locket and pocket watch…There might be another, but who’s to say; can’t think of one right now. Oh, a ring with a secret jewel.) Did they lose their lives for others to reveal this amazing discovery, or are they safe…is there more to all of this?

Now, this new place, who’s to say what or where it is, but I’m pulling towards an oasis surrounded by desert; a large village tucked away under the glory trees beautifully shaded with natural colors, and a lake so marvelous, it is worshiped as a gift from God. There is no word for murder, death, killing, hatred there. There’s no jealousy, no greed, no anger. The people there live in harmony, love with the fullest of their souls, and considers everything in their existence to be the works of the power within the waters.

There’s a godly wonder there that should never leave that world, but someone or something wants it, wants to carry it away for their own gain.

K, I’m just brainstorming here, and when that happens my fingers go running off at the mouth, so if you have lasted this long without barfing or falling asleep, then thank you kindly. Anywho, from what I’m thinking is that these keys (possible three) will lead to a tower – The Axon – and within that tower there’s a power that has been reserved and hidden for lifetimes. The Axon is surrounded by the water – they are connected. This power was taken away from reality and locked in the tower (by an Argilus) in order to save humanity, but the effort had failed histories ago and destroyed reality altogether – forming this new oasis.

Somehow, in this dream/fantasy/reality, someone wants to bring down this new oasis, and in turn completely destroy the reality that we know. They are connected somehow; through time, through thought and imagination, through the existence of the keys in both worlds and through the connection of the tower and water. If the oasis continues to flourish, if the waters continue to remain pure and true, then our reality will live on – flawlessly. If the waters are tarnished with the unpure, then the tower will fail and so will our reality.

The two, or three charries (might make this a threesome), must work to understand how the tower works, which key opens it, or exactly what the keys are for, and how to cleanse the waters…and why/how does all of it help reality?

Two, they have to learn where the Argilus girls are because they are also connected to this mystery…they belong to a key and the keys belong to them.

But, there are three keys and two girls. The young lady ends up finding the third key in reality to use at the oasis. But, the spirit that wants the key tries to stop the group from finding the key and learning how to use it. (Or he allows them and follows to learn the secret, only to take it away to use himself.)

AAAHHHH!! I’ve got too many thoughts running through my head right now. So, I’m just going to stop because I’ve lost my train of thought…there’s just too many of them running off the track right now. So, if there is some sort of interest in this…if you feel there is potential that just needs more fine tuning, and a stronger mind at the wheel to help pull it all together; (because I’m still running off of 24 hrs of sleep in one week), then let me know. This is somewhat of a probing ache in my mind – a discomforting story that wants to grow, but I just can’t find the time to cultivate it like I want to. So, the only other option I have is to just have fun with it – run the damn thing and see what happens.

I do know one thing, no matter what happens to this story, I would like to have it somewhat fleshed out before starting it. If that means running it during the summer, so be it. I just don't want to start this, and get so carried away that we end up losing the whole point of the story in the first place. Believe me, it's fun to go running in the field with your boots off and eyes closed, but eventually you're going to step on a porcupine and fall off a cliff. Then, it'll be too late to say, "Oh, I should have kept my eyes open..."

Last edited by Phi Chisym on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down

The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry. Empty Re: The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry.

Post by Bird of Hermes Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 am

I am interested, though it sounds like you need more than one character.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry. Empty Re: The Axon or Forgotten Memories (Working titles) Interest inquiry.

Post by Phi Chisym Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks for the interest. At least, you actually understood what sits on the plate.

I know...that's my downfall.

I'm use to working one-on-one RPs where the parties run around two or three charries, but I was trying to draw out a scenario that would only require the need for a single charrie each, with a few NPCs running here and there, but never permenant.

But, typical of me, once I get an idea started, and I allow my fingers to fly, it becomes more than what I intended at the start. So, either this will be reconstructed for a full RP, or downsized to accomodate this design.

Really, if we can downsize it and just run a more streamlined concept, then later on it can possibly become the foundation for a full RP. That is, if it's capable of such and can be completed.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Chisym Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Really, I might just D6 this thought and build up one of my already calculated stories...

The need to do so seems probable.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down