FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open)

3 posters

Go down

Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open) Empty Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open)

Post by MetalEgo Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Original Interest Check here.

So far, this plot is comprised of two basic elements: Steampunk, and Mermaids. I am still batting around ideas, but so far, I think there's some dastardly Airship Pirates, and there's some even more dastardly Mermaid Pirates, and one non-dastardly group of ... Explorers ... that gets mixed up in the mayhem. What mayhem? Well, I don't know. Pfft.

Going on that itty bitty tidbit of plot, toss me your "off-the-top-of-my-tophat" character ideas, and I'll see if we can't make a plot out of those. You're all smart RPers here, aren't you? =D

Last edited by MetalEgo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MetalEgo
MetalEgo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open) Empty Re: Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open)

Post by Guilty Carrion Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 pm

So, you're telling me I get to shoot people that live in the ocean with outrageous weaponry fueled by even more outrageous fuels on a giant flying boat over the north atlantic?

And Tophats?

Well, sign me up for this lovely little cruise, madame, you've got me hooked.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open) Empty Re: Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open)

Post by Cypher Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Hell, sign me on too. This sounds pretty cool from what he just said. Plus, TOPHATS.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalEgo Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Tophats indeed, dearies! I'm so excited! =D If anyone's already got a steampunk character, feel free to post him/her here, and perhaps we'll get a plot rolling when we've got some characters to center it 'round. If you haven't got one, well... HERE'S A FORMAT FOR YOU. =D

Name:
Race: (Mermaid or human, or something else if you really want. e_e)
Personality:
History: (You don't have to have one right off the bat, but backstory is goodstory.)
Equipment: (Steeeam powerrrrr!)
Weaknesses: (You know, just whatever. =D)

I think characters might actually be done a different way on this forum, so if anyone prefers to do it that way, that's fine with me. =)
MetalEgo
MetalEgo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Oceanids of the North Atlantic (Open) 17552_medium

Professor Tyberius Mastwaithe, 38-Year-Old Male Scientist Extraordinaire

Personality
Eccentric and hyperactive, to sum it up in short. He loves exploring new frontiers, seeing it as his "purpose" in life, and takes it very seriously. The guy never quits his job, going at it with a fever and passion that is almost impossible to deter. Even when his life is in danger he can't help but stop to admire something new.

History
An Oxford graduate and "field scientist", Tyberius signed onto the North Atlantic expedition hoping to find something he could brag about in the scientific field. He'd spent years being referred to as a "crackpot" and a "loon" due to his outlandish theories about everything he's researched ("Tusked creatures the size of a horse-coach indeed!").

Equipment
- A heavily-modified pistol that he refers to as the the longwinded "Aether-Conducting and Focusing Linear Energy Beam Weapon", or more simply the "BGET" (Big Glowy Energy Thingy). (Image: http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ray-gun7.jpg)

- The "Chemically Accelerated Fire-Throwing Weapon", a blunderbuss with a pressurised chemical storage unit on it, attached to a bare electric current that ignites it on its way out of the barrel. (Image: http://pic.pbsrc.com/spacer.gif)

- A hand-built portable lamp powered by a handcrank fashioned from a doorknob. (Image: http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/steampunk-lamp.jpg)

- Extensive amounts of scientific experiments, research projects, diaries, notebooks, etc. etc. etc.

Weaknesses
Although Mastwaithe is an intellectual giant, physically he is rather weak. He is admittedly a terrible shot with conventional weapons (although his own personally designed weapons are easier to handle). He can't fight hand to hand at all, and tries to avoid it whenever possible. His ego often doesn't allow for people to tell him he's wrong, and he can become extremely vain and offended when someone tells him such. He is also very easily distracted by strange, foreign technologies, even when his very life is at stake.

Last edited by Cypher on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalEgo Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Looks good to me so far, Cypher. But why so old? Seems to me that kind of vigour and attitude belongs better to a twenty-something.

Of note: Besides the fact that it seems to me that I only have ONE PLAYER, this RP won't be starting until at least next Monday or so. Mizuumicon's this Saturday, I gotta get all my stuff together for the taaaaaable. D=
MetalEgo
MetalEgo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

I meant, by making him so old, to give him that "eccentric, nutty professor" quality. Kind of like Doc Whatshisname from Back to the Future - clearly beyond the threshold for energetic behavior, but he still hasn't slowed down yet. If you want me to chance, I'll go ahead and do it though ^^
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm

I hate myself for double-posting, but my profile is finally finished.
Cypher
Cypher
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalEgo Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Most excellent! Steam-tastic, if I do say so myself! =B Love the equipment.

Anyone else? Anybody at all? Steampunk and mermaids, people! Honestly!
MetalEgo
MetalEgo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey. Sorry about the wait. My character for Emoria has to get done before I do this one, but I'm working real hard to try and get it out of the way.
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalEgo Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 am

No trouble. I don't think we're going anyplace very quickly, but I'm keeping my eye on this thread. ;D
MetalEgo
MetalEgo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down