FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED!

+3
Psyche
ImmortalSin
Gadreille
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! Empty Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! RPRenFaire
WHO: This particular rp would focus on seven main characters. Feel free to open the spoiler below to get a sense of the roles that I have in mind.

Spoiler:
WHAT: The concept for this scenario is rather simple. Several of the characters listed above have been transported (by some magical event?) from their realm to ours. They now find themselves, rather unexpectedly, on the grounds of the local faire. The setting seems familiar, to a degree, but, wait...something is very wrong here! What is that small, box-shaped device that that lady over there is speaking into? Did someone just reply? Oh, no! They must be trapped inside! And, wait a minute; did that man just create fire with yet another pocket-sized device? What sort of evil rules over this foreign land? How did I get here and how in the heavens above do I get back? Perhaps that nice young man over there can help...

WHEN: Current day, with an obvious slant toward medieval times. The story could unfold over a series of weeks and/or months. The faire that I attend runs for thirteen weeks!

WHERE: The faire grounds and, perhaps, the fantasy world(s) that some of these characters were plucked from.

WHY: Well, why not? I love going to the PA Ren Faire. I always feel as if I am being whisked away to not only another time, but another world. The setting and characters easily lend themselves to an enjoyable and diverse role-play. Where else can you have a healthy mix of fantasy and adventure, right along with comedy and romance? Mystery, magic, and intrigue are most certainly waiting around every corner! The overall tone of the story can be humorous and lighthearted or utterly dark and dangerous. The choice is ours to make. Heck, it can be all of the above and more.

So, sign up today! What are you waiting for? Do it right now. That reply button is just calling your name! Oh, and, if you have any questions, simply pm me. Otherwise, claim your pc now! Once approved, you can prep for the scenario by filling out the basic character sheet found below.

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race/Nationality:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personal Belongings (This should be limited to what you can actually carry with you):[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Character's Goals (Are they looking for a way to get home, a way to take over the planet, or just a good mug of mead? The choice is yours. Have fun with this piece of the puzzle!):[/b]

Last edited by Arabesque on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm; edited 12 times in total

Back to top Go down

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! Empty Re: Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED!

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

May I claim the gypsy?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! Empty Re: Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Huzzah! Why, yes, my lady, she is all yours to do with as you wish. Although, before developing her, ask yourself this one question: Is she here from another realm or is she just a faire actor? You are allowed to go either way at this point, seeing as you are the first player in line. As the cast fleshes out, the choice will no longer be an option. I would like there to be at least three or four characters in play that are from another world.

Last edited by Arabesque on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:23 pm

I imagined her being from another realm, but I haven't decided as of yet where she was from. Is it supposed to be from a historical land, or just a fantasy realm of my creation?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Historical or fantasy. I'm open to both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:26 pm

I call the jester guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Huzzah! Done. Now, same question: Is he here from another realm or is he just a faire actor?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:32 pm

I am thinking from another realm.

Does he have to be the stereotypical jester?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Cool. Personally, I would prefer that he not be your typical jester. Heck, he could be from another planet where religious leaders wear such garb. Have fun with the role!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I will wait and see if others go fantasy or historical. If I go historical, she will likely be from the 1600's. Are the images what we are expected to use or may I pull out my gypsy outfit and camera Flirt
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

I was thinking something along similar lines to that actually. He is not going to be a typical gesture in any fashion.

Do we need full character sheets for this one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Ryona: Go for it! I just dropped in a sample pic. She's actually one of the players from the faire that I attend here in PA.

Raptorman: I will probaby post a simple, sample character sheet when this scenario moves to the OOC...or I could post something here, in advance. Would that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:44 pm

That would be appreciated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 pm

We can keep the character sheet simple.

Code:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race/Nationality:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personal Belongings (This should be limited to what you can actually carry with you):[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Character's Goals (Are they looking for a way to get home, a way to take over the planet, or just a good mug of mead? The choice is yours. Have fun with this piece of the puzzle!):[/b]

As a side note, I'm going to be logging off for a few hours. So, if someone claims a pc while I am away, I will update the list once I have returned. If there is a high demand for a certain pc, I can simply adjust things accordingly. This could easily work with two or more pirates or noblemen/noblewomen.

Huzzah,

Last edited by Arabesque on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks! This is going to be great! I will probably work on my character sheet after I take pictures, and I will do that tonight or tomorrow.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Excellent.

For now, I am off!

Back to top Go down

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! Empty Richard Hartmann

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

The Patron's Character Sheet
Hey, Rich here.

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! RPPatron

Name: Richard Hartmann

Race/Nationality: Caucasian/German-American

Appearance: Tall and lean, Rich stands at an impressive 6'4". He has thick, golden-blonde hair that he tends to wear long, but he usually keeps it tied back from his handsome, tan face. His pale-green eyes are bright and lively, often darting about, drinking in the details of the world around him.

Personal Belongings (This should be limited to what you can actually carry with you): Rich isn't one to play dress-up at the faire. He doesn't have the money for a nice costume, so he'd rather just go casual, instead of piecing something lame together. Faded jeans or khaki shorts, a nice button down or t-shirt and sneakers or sandals suit him just fine. He almost always has his cell phone on him, a leather wallet and a cross-shaped necklace his mother gave him. Beyond this, he usually has a messenger-style bag slung over his shoulder, filled with his sketchbook and drawing supplies.

Personality: He's a free spirit, a daydreamer, and a bit of a loner. His artistic nature often places him at odds with the far more rigid and rule abiding world he lives in. Freedom of expression is what he longs for and, so, he comes to the faire, where he's allowed to be himself!

Character's Goals (Are they looking for a way to get home, a way to take over the planet, or just a good mug of mead? The choice is yours. Have fun with this piece of the puzzle!): Rich is looking for his place in the world. Just out of school, he's not sure what he wants to do with the rest of his life. He enjoys his art - actually, he adores it - but he's not sure he can make a living out of it. Only time will tell. However, for now, he's happy to simply kick back and enjoy the ride that is life. Well, that is, until his parents demand something more from him, which will probably be all too soon.

Last edited by Arabesque on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:27 pm

The Gypsy's Character Sheet
Sastipe, May buchhova Elisa.
Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! 2z3nszs

Name: Elisa Luceau

Race/Nationality: Romani (Gypsy) born in France May of 1403

Appearance: 5'5'', slender, with long unruly brown hair and matching brown eyes.

Personal Belongings (This should be limited to what you can actually carry with you): She carries a coin purse and small knife, both hidden underneath a colorful shawl traded in from distant lands (shawl pictured here). Under her shawl, she wears a black shirt, black and red skirt, red hip scarf with silver adornments, and a silver belt. She usually has many bracelets and anklets on as well.

Personality: Elisa is forcefully outgoing. It is natural for her to be reserved, antisocial, and quiet, but in order to make a living she had to come out of her shell. She had many jobs: One was to trade goods and haggle in whatever market she could find; if there was no product for her to sell or buy, she would dance and preform magic in the streets for money. She is used to being chased away because of her race. Sometimes she stands her ground, but other times she knows that the wisest thing to do is slip away into the night, and find a new place to call home. Though born in France, she eventually emigrated to Rome, and she claims to be Roman Catholic.

Character's Goals (Are they looking for a way to get home, a way to take over the planet, or just a good mug of mead? The choice is yours. Have fun with this piece of the puzzle!): Elisa's first goal is to survive. Second, to find her family.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Hmm, Ryona, perhaps we should kick this off and simply see who joins us a bit later on? Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 pm

That sounds fine with me!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:05 pm

I would love to claim the Fairy, if you would have me?
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyche Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:20 pm

I might be interested in a pirate : o
Psyche
Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Yay, more people! Very Happy
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:31 am

Huzzah! Yes, yes, and yes! Oh, and, you do not have to stick with the gender I have selected for each character. We can easily have a male fairy or a female pirate. The choice is yours to make.

Last edited by Arabesque on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyche Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am

I'm going to brainstorm pirate ideas and see which gender I would prefer. I do typically pick female roles, but I'm trying not to be biased. Of course, a male pirate may be too expected, hehe. I'll have to think on it!
Psyche
Psyche
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:57 am

The Fairy's Character Sheet
No one becomes depraved all at once.

Faire Thee Well: A Ren Faire Role - This IC is CLOSED! Dark_Elvyne_by_DarkVenusPersephonae

Name: Ophelia Devereaux

Race/Nationality: Fairy - member of the Unseelie Court

Age: Born sometime in February, she is roughly 630 years old (though she prefers not to keep track) and appears to be in her early twenties.

Appearance: Standing at a reasonable 5'8", she sports a lithe frame that widens slightly at her hips. She always appears to be in good health - despite her pale skin - and takes great pride in her appearance. Her shoulder length blue/gray hair is almost always worn down and her cool gray eyes send shivers through anyone who dares to look into them.

Personal Belongings (This should be limited to what you can actually carry with you): Ophelia would never take a single step outside without her note book (filled with anything from spells, to recollections of encounters and even herbal remedies) and pouch of ingredients. Other necessities are a tiny mirror, her quartz pendant and a seemingly random assortment of trinkets and other pretty things.

Personality: Silver-tongued, cold-hearted and at times just plain ruthless; Ophelia would gladly step over anyone or anything to get what she wanted. She prefers to avoid confrontation and instead strikes when her enemy's back is turned. In most cases the only time she will ever show compassion towards another is when there is something for her to gain from it.

Character's Goals (Are they looking for a way to get home, a way to take over the planet, or just a good mug of mead? The choice is yours. Have fun with this piece of the puzzle!): Ophelia has always been one to take advantage of any given situation and this is no exception. She wants to learn as much as she can in hopes of gaining the favor of those back at 'home' and, if possible, she wishes to dominate as much of this new world as she can on the way.

I may tweak her a little, but that's it for now. If there's anything out of place or something you'd like for me to edit just let me know. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 am

Don't change a thing. She sounds great!

Now, Ryona and I were chatting a few days ago about how much freedom these otherworldly characters should have.

They arrive at the faire - through some magical event - and they appear to be linked to the faire - unable, at this time, to go back home - but, should they be able to leave the faire grounds and roam freely about this new world?

My thought was, perhaps, at night, after the faire closes for the day, they fall into a deep sleep and, for a limited time only, they do return home, only to be plucked back the next day.

Ryona thought it would be interesting to give them a bit more freedom here, on this world; however, their time away from the faire would still be limited. The longer they're away, the weaker they would get, and, if they were to push the limit, they would simply pass out and end up back at the faire.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 pm

That will work. The second one I would think. I am still here, just rather busy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitth Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Random: for some reason, I can just see the Queen freaking out and insulted that no one listens to her, kind of like the Red Queen from Wonderland. ("You there, I demand [order]!" What's this? The insolence! Off with his head!" lol )

Edit: Or, I guess, if you're willing to allow it, the Queen could be one of those young ones who's betrothed/married to a king she doesn't like (like those Tudors/Boleyns or whomever). And this could be her chance for freedom or whatever. And if you have them go back home at night, she'll be something of a double agent. =DD

*ponders such a character*
Mitth
Mitth
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Raptorman, I'm glad to hear that. Any chance you'll be able to whip up your character sheet soon? Just wondering. No rush.

Mitth, I think either character would be fun to have around. Are you thinking of taking on the role yourself? If so, just say the word. I'm also open to it being a male royal, such as a prince or king.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next