FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check)

4 posters

Go down

Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check) Empty Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check)

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

The Earth as was once known has been ravaged, torn, and destroyed. In the year 2020, humanity, in its madness, consumed itself whole. Nation against nation turned its most deadly weapons on each other, ending in a cataclysm that turned the planet into dust.

However, something else was at work. The Primal Gods, overseers of the balance in the universe, knew that humanity was unavoidably fated to doom itself. They had created many planets and planted the seed of man so that they may grow in a garden of life along with other creatures, and each garden had been different from the other. In all of them the story had been the same: humanity had destroyed itself out of hatred. Earth was the second-to-last planet of the universe to extinguish itself, but the Primals could take it no more. In a last bid to preserve the war’s terrible lesson, they selected five human survivors of Earth and transported them to the last planet. This planet was Apollonia, the planet where the Primal Gods had manifested their cores and the one that had survived the longest in a delicate balance between the humans living there. However, the Primals realized as they expanded that soon they too would repeat the same mistake that had been committed a million times over.

These five are the last hope. Each is infused with a Primal God’s power, that of fire, wind, water, earth, and light. Whether these individuals can – or even want to – save this land determine not only the survival of life on the universe, but also the very existence of the Primal Gods, as the death of their core planet will signal their end.

This world was created by Hermione and myself. There is much to the world of Apollonia but I will reveal more of it later in the OOC, once I know people are interested. We need three more, with the following spots open:

Fire: Adrius
Wind: Hermione
Water: Mustakakrish
Earth:
Light (cooler than it sounds, I promise):

Last edited by Adrius Frostglare on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check) Empty Re: Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check)

Post by Mustakrakish Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Count me in. It looks interesting enough. I am thinking of applying to either Water or Earth, but I am unsure exactly what each "power" entails....could you elaborate on all of them?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check) Empty Re: Apollonia (Fantasy RP Interest Check)

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Sure thing.

Earth: The gifted of the Earth are given bodies that are unbelievably tough, and strong to boot. They are capable of manipulating the tectonic movement of the earth to create earthquakes, landslides, and a variety of other special abilities. They CANNOT make rocks float in midair, mind you. What they manipulate must be tethered to the ground. At their strongest, masters of the earth are capable of terraforming the terrain, recreating the field to their advantage with only their stamina as the limit, and hardening their bodies to become like diamond, neigh indestructible.

Water: Water masters have minds gifted with seemingly uncanny problem-solving abilities, especially with practical matters. A water master\'s fine art allows him to change the states of water and manipulate it at will. They can create a massive mist, call in tidal waves, and make rain pour from the heavens. They are capable of breathing underwater and thanks to their manipulation can even use it to propel them through it as well. They are limited only by the lack of water and how much their mind is able to grasp of it. A true water master will be so adept, however, he or she could simply take the water from beneath the ground and rise it to the surface to serve his or her purpose. A water master\'s true gift is their mind.

For kicks I\'ll add the others.

Wind: Wind is all about freedom. A master of the wind is able to move wherever he or she pleases, climb anywhere, and even fly over certain periods of time using nothing but their own abilities. A wind master can bend the currents of the air to his or her desire, conjuring gusts, balls of compressed air, and void areas (places where there is no air). Once perfected, they can summon tornadoes, run at impossible speeds, and even fly indefinitely. There is nowhere a wind master cannot go between the heavens and the earth.

Fire: Fire is the source of energy. Those gifted with the ability of fire are granted tireless, energetic bodies that seem inexhaustible. Masters of fire are able to combust objects they come in contact with, shoot tongues of flame from their mouths, and raise their metabolism without shortening their lifespans. A true master of fire is a monstrous combatant that is able to superheat everything around him to over 700 degrees without harming anything he or she wants left intact. Passionate drive is the gift of the fire master, but it is a passion they channel through their craft.

Light: Light is the most mysterious of the elements, yet the one that reveals the most. What encompasses light is not only light but shadows as well. Those gifted in the light are able to see clear as day in the darkest night, detect when they are being lied to, and peer into the souls of the living. They are able to channel the spiritual energies to do their bidding, both evil and benign. Some of their abilities include creating bright flashes of light, enshrouding an area in pitch darkness, turning invisible, and communing with spirits from beyond. A master of the light is able to manipulate others into doing their bidding (such as coaxing - or forcing - someone to tell them what they want with frightening effect), twist people\'s perception of reality, and even summon a legion of either dark or holy spirits to fight for him. Perception of the truth is the light master\'s gift... and his curse.

EDIT: Keep in mind that there's no martial arts necessary to be learned to control these powers, just a connection to the Primal Gods. Although in a fight people can get physical and it helps to be proficient in that respect, you do not need to be in order to be a master.

Last edited by Adrius Frostglare on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:57 pm

As a general rule, the gifted can heal themselves slowly over time when in contact with their element. The Light gifted are special because whether they are in light or shadows they will heal, and also at a faster pace. However, they cannot heal other people, and must rely on conventional medical techniques to get them through.

EDIT TO ADD: I'll be posting the Apollonian Compendium soon. I promise I crunched it down as MUCH as possible, but I hope I made it interesting enough that you'll read it.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:03 pm

I love this already. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Damn, actually from that description Light doesnt sound half bad....decisions decisions.....

I think I will have a change of heart and apply for the Light Gods power. Sounds like it has some interesting perks, as well as drawbacks.
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Mustakrakish wrote:Damn, actually from that description Light doesnt sound half bad....decisions decisions.....

I think I will have a change of heart and apply for the Light Gods power. Sounds like it has some interesting perks, as well as drawbacks.

The biggest drawback of the light is psychological. A lot of the gifted over the ages have, without the guidance of a master, gone insane from being split apart from the revelation. The Light gifted are able to see morality clear as day, and while this may seem relieving, it is actually very tearing to have no gray area, no middle path. They also commune with the dead and this can often lead to some traumatic experiences, nightmares, etc. As you can see, while it comes at a great power, even more valuable than any other, it also comes at a huge cost. That's the nature of the balance, of light and darkness.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustakrakish Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Im guessing there is no set character sheet?

Also, when transported to this new and wonderful world will the 5 characters be seperated or stuck together?
Mustakrakish
Mustakrakish
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm

No. Just write the basic things. You can have a background story to your character as well. Heck, just feel free to steal my sheet and fill in your own answers. I don't mind.

The five people will be taken from random places. Seeing how my character and Frost's characters are dating and live in New York together.. that's where we will be pulled from. You can have your character living anywhere you wish. Any age above 20, any race, any height. Doesn't really matter. They will be brought to their element's home. So in other words, they will be in different areas until they all meet up at a certain place which will be put in the OOC by Frost, hopefully.

Oh, and he wanted me to post this.. "The Gods gave us the ability to understand different languages and dialects as if they were English."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Is this still open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:42 am

Hmm this sounds promising! If it's still available I'd like to play the water element. Smile
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 am

I'm in and call Earth!!! XD

I've been watching this for a few days and just decided.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:48 am

Mustakakrish has already sent me his character sheet and called the water element.

Oh, my, I wasn't expecting such a flood. There's still the two elements of Light and Earth and Sighlent is calling Earth. To make it fair, however, I'm going to say that anyone who posts their character sheet first will be in (assuming I approve it) for that element. I'd suggest you begin!
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Wow! What happened? It was like... no interest but one.. then BAM! =D I'm so happy for this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Awhr nuts! Late on the draw. Oh well, in that case, light elemental? To be honest they're all appealing so I don't mind the switch. ^ ^
Savannah
Savannah
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down