FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: The Underground

+12
Igraine
Eternity
M@XWeru
Drunut
Mezrin
Spectre
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
Tempest
Hank J Wimbleton
Gunneh
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Star Wars: The Underground - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Underground

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:05 am

I'm willing to play this. I'm pretty big on Star Wars. Since you're revamping and all. I don't need to play a force-sensitive or anything, either. Even if I did, they wouldn't be any sort of Jedi or Sith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:27 am

That's fine. I'm still not exactly sure what I'm looking for in characters, but I know that eventually I want there to be a party of people featuring my character. That's why I want diverse characters. Old Rebel Sharpshooters, computer hackers, Pilots, and people like that would be extremely useful.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:00 am

I'll do you one better and play an HK-model assassination droid.

They're known for their complete lack of regard for 'meatbag' life and enjoy their work.

Kinda covers your 'sniper' niche.

Just for amusement's sake, here's a conversational snippet:

"Disclosure: I am a versatile protocol and combat droid, fluent in verbal and cultural translation. Should your needs prove more... practical, I am also skilled in highly personal combat."

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

"Statement: Just when I believe my photoreceptors have recorded the last potential aspect of your cruelty to my memory core, you commit a new atrocity that leaves me analyzing its impact for days."

"Suggestion: Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?"

Last edited by Heyseuss on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:02 am

RPing as a droid? WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!

That works nicely. I don't know much about the assasination droids but I have heard of them. Just fill me in on the details and how we'd run into such a droid and we'll get the ball rolling.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:04 am

Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth wrote:RPing as a droid? WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!

That works nicely. I don't know much about the assasination droids but I have heard of them. Just fill me in on the details and how we'd run into such a droid and we'll get the ball rolling.

SW has a few different assassin droids, but HK-47 was far and away the best. The HK-series in general is amusing. This character will be part of that series, precisely because they're slightly 'off.'

For example, all organic life are known as 'meatbags.'

As to the how's? They also double as protocol droids. If the party needed one, they might have picked it up as a 'used' unit. And then found out that the droid had other programming as well.

Last edited by Heyseuss on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:06 am

I see. Well that could be useful. But I thought the assassin droids had a flaw to where they didn't obey humans. Maybe our characters could treat this droid like an actual person and ally with it. That's an interesting concept.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:09 am

Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth wrote:I see. Well that could be useful. But I thought the assassin droids had a flaw to where they didn't obey humans. Maybe our characters could treat this droid like an actual person and ally with it. That's an interesting concept.

Well, all class 4 droids have the removal of inhibitors that prevent them from harming organic life. Class 4's are generally security droids and battle droids, however. Assassination droids, for obvious reason, have their 'no harm organics' programming left out, though some do have obedience programming to certain individuals.

Better if someone is the droid's actual master. We can invent a backstory as to how the programming was altered for it to actually feel the need to be obedient to it.

The more squeamish the master, the better, in my eyes.

Not all assassination droids are the IG-88's, who did go utterly rogue. The HK-series droids were actually fairly stable in that regard. Disturbing, though.

As to the master, the more squeamish the better. It's not as fun without a little morality dialogue.

Last edited by Heyseuss on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:10 am

My character seems like the type that could use an assassin droid, perhaps I could be his master. That would also be a good way for us to start off the RP.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:55 pm

So, are we getting an OOC or what? I'll start assembling a bio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:08 am

I'll put an OOC up shortly. I wanna get a good idea of who the official participants of the RP will be first.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:54 am

(Double post I know, but it's necessary.)

I've put up the OOC thread for the RP that includes a list of those who are already welcomed into the RP. If I've expressed interest in your character but you are not on the list, I've sent you a PM with the reasons. Those of you who did not receive a PM and are not on the list, that means you probably need to re-work your character. Either the idea was too common, already taken, or I couldn't find a place to fit you into the RP.

I will still use this thread for anyone who is interested in joining the RP. The OOC thread will only be for those who are already accepted into the RP.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:15 am

Welcome back, Lucian, and I'm glad to hear that you got all your personal "stuff" worked out.

I got the e-mail notification for this a couple days ago, but didn't say much until now because I was thinking a bit. Mostly about this:

"I'm still not exactly sure what I'm looking for in characters, but I know that eventually I want there to be a party of people featuring my character."

Now, it's not that I can't modify my character - I could, and it wouldn't be that much a problem, really, to morph her into a hell of a pilot, even a converted Rebel pilot. Nor do I normally mind creating a supporting character to help prop up or highlight someone's "main" - I've done it countless times. It's almost second nature to me now, actually, as bad an admission as that is. ><

Thing is, I usually like knowing that ahead of time.

So, since it would appear that my character has been deemed either uninteresting or unusable, it's probably not that much of a hardship if I simply /bow out anyway. Wink Good luck with the RP, and I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:46 am

I'm honestly opting out myself; I don't mean any harm or offense, but this sounds like a very heavily scripted RP and I'm much more improvisational than that. I need a lot of elbow room in an RP, and I don't think I'll get that here.

I wouldn't want to get into an RP that I'd quickly leave, because there are other people who could be playing in my place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:33 pm

I am a fan of free form RP myself and I assure you there isn't going to be much scripting beyond the overall plot. Usually, I just know how I want to start an RP and how it should end, along with a few events that I want to happen. Everything else is improv.

I didn't mean to drive people away from the RP, so if you have any ideas or anything like that, please share them with me.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mydnyte Syn Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm

I said I wasn't going to dip my feet in the waters here just yet, but .... I'd like to get my feet wet and join this. I have a male character who is a former shockball pro turned fighter pilot and a female nurse character for the Republic. I'd probably go with my male character though.
Mydnyte Syn
Mydnyte Syn
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.crimsonsprite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:58 am

I've decided to hold this RP off since I've made a different Star Wars RP with fewer people. Sorry :/
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3