FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

2 posters

Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:45 am

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Book_by_draw_your_dreams

and Surviving the Experience. By Valerie Austen.

There are three main things to keep in mind before and after you spend the night with any supernatural being.

One
Don't get attached.

It is important to always keep in mind both during the encounter and after that your supernatural sex god does not give a shit about you. Once they have gotten what they want they will dump you and they will not come back. It's also important to remember that tomorrow they will have moved on to something prettier, skinnier and even more dim-witted than you. This leads on to our next point.

Two
Don't flatter yourself.

If you seriously think that your supernatural being chose you because you were different, or unique - go jump out of your window and see whether they catch you. There is no fairytale ending, they won't save you; in fact they'd probably poke at your corpse with a stick and laugh. Got it? Good.

Three
Don't fall for it again.

Underneath all of the glamour and lies it is quite possible that your supernatural being is something as ugly as an ogre or could even be a different sex than you'd imagined. Yes, they can do that. You could be a homosexual without even knowing it. Or, if you already swing that way, you too could be deceived. And don't even get me started on all of the diseases they carry.

What I'm trying to say is, no matter how amazing the night may have been, or how hard it is to resist the urge to try it again you need to come to your senses. Stay away from dark alleys, punch anyone who speaks as though they're from a different time period and don't wander into the woods alone. Okay? Alright.

This is a OnexOne roleplay between myself and Bird of Hermes.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty Re: A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:48 am

So, first things first. Do you know what type of supernatural being you want to play?

I'll probably put some basic information about Valerie up in here before I write the IC thread. Just so that you can get to know her better.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... Empty Re: A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural...

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:49 am

So, first things first. Do you know what type of supernatural being you want to play?

I was thinking I would play a fairy.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:02 am

Sweet, I was hoping you'd say that. Vampires are a little overdone.

If there was anything you needed to ask me, fire away. If not, it'd be cool if you could put up a bit of basic info on your character as well too. Just a name, age, appearance and anything else you feel is important. Occupation maybe? It's up to you. Bio and personality isn't really needed. It can come out during the roleplay.

I'll start working on mine now. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:06 am

If there was anything you needed to ask me, fire away. If not, it'd be cool if you could put up a bit of basic info on your character as well too. Just a name, age, appearance and anything else you feel is important. Occupation maybe? It's up to you. Bio and personality isn't really needed. It can come out during the roleplay.

The only question I have is this: Do you want me to do the side characters too, or just my fairy?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 am

Just your fairy will be fine. The side characters won't come in for a little while.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:13 am

I will post my character information as soon as I think it up.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am

Yup yup. There's no rush. I'll probably take a little while anyway.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:39 am

A Guide to Sleeping with the Supernatural... My_thoughts_take_me_away_by_xxchange

Name: Valerie Austen
Sex: Female
Appearance: She's usually seen in a black pinstriped pencil skirt, black heels, collared white shirt and black button up vest. When she's not at work she generally wears anything leather and reverts to a more casual style.
Current Residence: A one bedroom, one bathroom apartment located in the middle of town and just a few blocks away from her workplace.

It's pretty simple, but I prefer to let things come out in the roleplay. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Appearance:
Name: Phineas Glee
Sex: Male
Occupation: Odd jobs, offering his "services" to needy maidens for a small few.
Current Residence: Either on the streets, at a client's house or hanging around Madame Finsdale's.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Nice. I love his name.

I've started on the IC thread and my first post, but I may or may not get it up by the end of the day. We're probably going to have visitors out soon and this afternoon we're leaving to visit the family for about two days.

I won't have internet access unfortunately. In the mean time though feel free to think about what you want to have Phineas do in your first post.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:15 am

I've started on the IC thread and my first post, but I may or may not get it up by the end of the day.

Don't ever worry about posting. I can wait. Sometimes the best posts are the ones you think about for a few days.

"Absence of posts makes the roleplayer's hear grow fonder." That's not quite how it goes, but I tried.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:18 am

Thank-you for being so understanding. I was planning on getting the thread up today but my dog decided to go missing for 7 hours so we were busy trying to find him. He turned up about a half an hour ago, thank goodness.

I'm hoping to get it up tomorrow, as I've got a free day. So fingers crossed nothing else happens.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 am

IC Thread

Here it is, and about time too! I hope you had a good New Years. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Great. And have a good new year too.

Expect my post Monday, as my family has claimed my weekend once again. You would think they didn't see enough of me during the holidays.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Oh, lucky you.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll eagerly await it.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 pm

So, I lied. I found a spot to get away and write a post tonight.

I hate writing with anyone around. People always ask, "Watcha doin'" and it gets annoying.

Anyway, the first part directly mimics your scene in the club to the very paragraphs and sentences. I thought it would give a nice sense of irony.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:10 am

It bothers me too, don't worry. I always feel like people are reading what I'm typing so I avoid posting when we have visitors.

As sad as it is, it took me a little while to click on to the fact that you were mimicking. But that was really clever. Aww
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:13 am

A bit of a heads-up. The little tea house Valerie is going to is run by fey, and most of their customers are also supernatural beings. I'm still trying to think of a suitable name, so, if you come up with anything feel free to use it.

I was thinking that if you wanted to, Phineas could encounter Valerie there. Seeing as she hasn't spoken to Lia yet, she'll have no idea who he is or that she's met him before. She might have a feeling, but nothing more. It's a gathering place for a lot of fey, so it'd make sense for him to have visited it before.

If you've already got something planned it's cool as well. Just thought I'd put it out there. Aww

Edit: I had someone suggest the name "Something's Brewing". I thought it was pretty neat. If you like it we'll go with that.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

I have something planned, but I will get there.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 am

Is the man Valerie runs into Phineas or just some random fey?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 pm

It can be either, depending on what you want him to do. I was intending for it/him to just be a random fey, but if you want it to have been Phineas that's fine too.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Okay so, just in case you were confused with anything or just unsure I'll quickly explain what happened to Valerie.

They (the fey) spiked Valerie's drink and it was only when she tried to stand that the effects really started to kick in. She fell, hit her head, accidentally put her hands in some broken glass and then the burning started because whatever they put in her tea was in full swing.

It's not going to kill her or anything, just make her pretty sick for a little while. Everyone in the tea house thinks it's hilarious, so they're laughing at her.

And I think that just about covers it. Aww

Edit: I probably should add that I'll be able to post more frequently now that all of my Birthday stuff is out of the way too.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down