FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted Role Plays... WTF?

4 posters

Go down

Deleted Role Plays... WTF? Empty Deleted Role Plays... WTF?

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Okay, so I was going through and editing my Character Archive because I decided I wanted to add the OoC links along with the IC links to to each individual character. This was when I noticed something annoying...

A while back, I had the role play Avatar: Reign of the Black Lotus locked because the game died because the most prominent and necessary figure of the game quit FoG. Anyway, people had still posted in this game, so I thought that it should have stayed in the Advanced Role Play forum. What if someone wanted to go back and look at their posts in that game? We did have really great posts in it.

However, it's been deleted. I know this because when clicked the link in my character archive, it read, "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum." I always get that when a topic has been deleted.

Now, I know that when a topic is deleted, it isn't removed from FoG. It's simply placed in a new forum that only the moderators can see. I also think that said thread was deleted because the person who started it deleted his account, and it would have said that a Guest user had started the thread. Either way, I believe that it should be placed back into the Advanced Role Play section because I do like to see my old posts every once in a while. Besides, the OoC to it is still in the proper forum, visible to all, so there is absolutely no real reason why the IC should have been deleted.

On that same note, I've noticed one other game that was deleted that contained posts of mine: Operation N.E.K.O. ((it's OoC is here)).

In the future, I would appreciate it if role plays and their OoC's were not sent to the trash/recycled forum because of the simple fact that it disables me - and everyone else - from going back and looking at the posts in them. I don't mind when things from the general forum are deleted because they don't contain my role play writing or planning.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Deleted Role Plays... WTF? Empty Re: Deleted Role Plays... WTF?

Post by Weiss Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:39 am

Those roleplays are indeed in the bin, but I don't have the power to move things out of said forum. It will have to wait until a Global Moderator or an Administrator are available to move them back into their respective IC forums.

On the topic of deleting roleplays, though, I agree that they shouldn't be placed somewhere that the participating users cannot access them. I'm not sure why they were moved into the bin in the first place.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 am

It's been stated before that we shouldn't recycle any threads except for rule violating threads.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:06 am

What...?

Doh

I am not sure who moved these role-plays to the Recycling Bin and why. I thought I had clearly stated in our staff rules to never delete role-plays, but reading it over, I believe it only says to not ever lock role-plays (in case they wish to be revived). I suppose the act of deleting RPs hadn't occurred to me, since that seems like such a poor idea, and I'm not sure why anyone would ever do that.

I apologize, Kathryn, and I am going to bring it up in our staff forum. I have moved both your role-plays back to their rightful forums now. I have also clearly made a rule in our staff rules thread to never delete any role-plays (even at the request of the RP creator). I will make sure that this does not happen again.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you so much for resolving this. I really appreciate it. ^^_^^

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 am

Fate, your Admin CP should give you a log of all staff member's and their moderator actions. At least that's how it was the last time I moderated on a Forumation powered message board.

Should tell you who the asshat is.

It doesn't matter who the person is, you have stated yourself in other threads more than once that RPs will not be deleted for any reason.

Also, all OOC Moderators automatically are subtracted from this kind of staff action cause they didn't do any deletion. That narrows it down to IC Mods, G-Mods, and Admins. Minus the Admins (cause they would never do it) and you have 3 people left. From that point you look at your Admin CP logs of Staff Mod actions from each person on staff and see who deleted the thread. Shouldn't be hard cause there shouldn't be that many deletions.

=P

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:06 am

Tkwiget, I'm pretty sure there was never any intention to call out whoever made the mistake of moving the threads. Furthermore, even if indirectly, calling one of the staff members an "asshat" over such a small issue as a mistake in judgment is a bit asshat-ish in itself. I don't imagine anyone moved the threads thinking, "Now they'll never be able to see them again! Bwahahaha!" So, put down your stones and chill.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:46 am

I believe this has been resolved so I'm going to lock this now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down