FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama

2 posters

Go down

Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama Empty Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama

Post by Heyseuss Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:12 am

Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama Lespaul006large
Gibson Les Paul

TL;DR Summary:

• Modern, present day setting, somewhere in the US, preferably Cali
  • MxF; got the male role, need the female. The two start out as childhood friends and roommates in their late-teens, early 20's -- the college years to start with, though the plot moves forward a few years at some point
  • The plot is already figured out to a large degree, at least on my end, and I have the basic story arc figured out
  • Plot is based largely on relationship stuff, as well as the themes of learning from life's mistakes and about how most people need a helping hand, but I prefer to focus on the psychological and emotional; sex is referenced, basically, but I'm more interested in the characters
  • Sex, drugs and rock n' roll will be referenced, but sex isn't going to be a focus. Abuse and addiction as well; these are parts of the characters lives, though not the basis of the relationship between the characters. Roughly Rated-R; I don't go into X territory
  • Advanced standards; minimum of two paragraphs. I won't lie, I tend toward longer posts, but I'm also willing to shorten them for dialogue. The norm will be long posts, however
  • Posting Schedule of up to a week, though I'm cool on waiting longer with notice
  • If interested, please PM me.
In Character Info:

They're childhood friends; they shared the sandbox, and managed to survive puberty together as friends, though it never materialized into anything significant during high school.

She is a student enrolled at UCLA that has a seemingly nice boyfriend who attends school at USC and seems to have good prospects upon leaving school, economically. She seems dead set on having a nice, middle class lifestyle, the sort of thing parents like to imagine for their kids -- safe, stable and respectable. Her parents tell her she can do anything, but then they pressure her to take the path of least resistance, as they did. She grew up with both parents in a stable marriage, and had a fairly easy time of high school.

He didn't know who his father was, but his mother always seemed to have enough money to raise him in a middle class manner, and that was why they were next door neighbors. He struggled in school but had the opportunity to go to college alongside her and turned it down; instead he took a job at Manny's Power Sound on the Strip and plays in a band, trying to make it big on the club circuit, where he now struggles to pay the bills. It isn't that he has talent, it's that he's not playing it safe in case things don't turn out so well - he's blowing his money on equipment and the lifestyle. His band does an awful lot of drugs and seems to live fast and dangerously, but they have a following that is only getting larger with every gig they play.

They split the rent on an apartment, while they each try to make the the so-called "good life" happen.

Out of Character Info:

I suppose the themes here will be the way both of them sort of wind up in their own nightmare, rock-bottom scenarios. Somewhere along the lines of this 1x1, I fully expect a lot of fights and a storming out, a dealbreaker where each character winds up somewhat isolated from each other; he has the drugs and she has a boyfriend that turns into a massive douche once she's slowly separated from her old friends and makes his friends her friends. It's an RP about fucking up and getting back on your feet, and how people sometimes need each other. I'm not sure what else to say, except that I am open to plot twists and variations on the theme; this was an RP I was going to do with someone else, but she seemed to bail, so I've organized my brainstorm into an interest check to see what we get.

Yeah, there's a lot of Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place going on here. Then again, those shows made money.

Spoiler:
Heyseuss
Heyseuss
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama Empty Re: Patience - Psychological/Modern Drama

Post by Phi Chisym Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 am

Ohhh, so very interested, but concerned about time restraints.
I just have to say, this whole RP summary reads like my journals. That, in a smaller format, was my life some...19 years ago. LOL!

If no one else jumps on this one, and you're not too upset about writing with an overworked student/businesswoman with too much of a life, then PM me.

Most of the RPs that I'm on are slow ones, or haven't started yet. So, I'm craving refreshing inspiration before my muse fries up from lack of water.
Phi Chisym
Phi Chisym
Mist
Mist

Female

http://www.upsidedownwords.hqforums.com

Back to top Go down