FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spellsinger's Tale

+2
Stion Gyas
Kædai
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spellsinger's Tale Empty Spellsinger's Tale

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Come, listen to my tale, hear the sounds of two hearts beating, hear the screams of this world bleeding, a tale of elegies and rhapsodies, of discord and harmony, a tale of the Spellsingers, and how they came to be."

The audience clapped and cheered, for they knew the tale well, and it was an old favorite. They surrounded the old man cheerfully by the campfire, each one locked in rapt attention.

"Once, long ago, when the mountains were young and the oceans as children, there was The Song. In The Song all things were created, from the lowliest mouse to the mightiest Dragon, and everything in between. The Song was the instrument of creation, first harnessed by beings known as the Treblé. They were the ones who orchestrated the creation of this world, and populated it with all of the animals and plants. Centuries passed. The Treblé grew within themselves a desire to make something more than just mindless beasts. Thusly, the humans were born."

"Among the humans, various kingdoms and tribes were organized, and they warred constantly. Some among the Treblé wanted to wipe the humans from the face of the earth, seeing the creation as failed. But some among them saw the better nature of the humans. They looked for ones among the humans who promoted peace, and who ultimately had a better nature than the vast majority of their fellows. These became the first Spellsingers. Weaving Songs of peace and harmony they ushered in a new age of tranquility in this world. This was called the Age Of Harmony."

The audience cheered, enraptured by the old man's tale. Coins were tossed into his hat, but they knew that there was more of the tale to be heard.

"The humans grew complacent with their powers, and some started using them for evil. Singing songs of destruction and discord, they gained a foothold in the world and started waging war on a grand scale, many flocked to their side, including some of the Treblé who had long wanted the humans wiped off the face of the earth. This was called The Discord. The good Treblé sided with the good Spellsingers and ultimately both sides were decimated. The Discord was three hundred years ago, as you all know well, children. Ultimately the light won out, and the leader of the good Spellsingers, Arrean Ouroborum, founded the Arpeggio Knights, a force dedicated to upholding justice throughout the land. His line has held the tradition well, and even now the Arpeggio Knights are a beacon of goodness to all who can see them."

The old man got up, hefting his hat that was full of coins, and dumping the contents into his money purse. The crowd's cheers could be heard for long after, as toasts and reminiscing coalesced into a village wide party. The old man's mood, however, was not so raucous. He knew of the coming darkness, and that the Arpeggio Knights were in no condition to combat it. No. It was time for a new generation of Spellsingers. And that was what he was out to find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so basically the players are going to be spellsingers, a kind of mage who casts his spells through song. This is the only way to use magic in this world. Note that there is a melee tradition among the spellsingers as well as the other medieval weapon styles. The world is medieval fantasy, with monsters appropriate to that setting. When casting a spell I would like you to write a short lyric describing it's effect. For example: A spell to set an orc on fire would be as follows. "Bit of flame, spark the air, burn this orc, everywhere!" For more powerful spells I would like longer lyrics, such as spells of building/making. Note that you cannot create something from nothing and magical constructs are flimsy, but you can do simple creations. If you had the materials to build a building you could sing it into existence but this would take more than one singer, etc. Only humans are going to be allowed. There are no elven or dwarven Spellsingers. If you wish to play a non spellsinger (I want as few of these as POSSIBLE, only Anaris can be one so far. 5 spellsingers to every non spellsinger.)

Character sheet:

Name:

Description:

Skills:

Possessions:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Sheet (Note: I will be playing two characters, the old man from the intchk and his first recruit. He will be recruited when the rest of you are.)

Name: Altruis

Description: Tall, but walks with a hunch, extremely lined face and wrinkled skin. Looks like the wear of the years has gotten to him but his age belying eyes, a brilliant shade of amber, seem to pulsate with youth and energy. Has a respectably long beard, extending to about his belly button, that is pure silver in color. Always carries a solid oak staff.

Personality: Sagely, and very patient. Loves to laugh and entertain those around him.

Skills: Vastly talented spellsinger and orator, can swing his staff with surprising force.

Possessions: Staff, robes, and travelling gear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Haydn Greensleeve

Description: 5'11 with a very muscular build, a failed initiate to the Arpeggio Knights. Has dark blue eyes that always reflect his inner self, and those who know him best can always see through his scowl, or smile, whatever the case. He is very good looking, with sharp angular features. He never knew his father but the rumor is that he was an Arpeggio Knight, which is why he attempted to join them in the first place. He failed, however, and went back to his village with new sword skills and a desire to protect people, even if he couldn't be a Knight.

Personality: Very quick to anger, and quicker to smile, he always seems to light up a room with his natural charisma and panaché, but this hides a deep sense of self failure and complete lack of self esteem. Most of the time his eyes are on the ground in front of him, focused on the task at hand. He always gets his job done, and will not stop once he starts something.

Occupation: Village Defender, self sufficient farm behind his house.

Skills: Swordplay, and decently strong and intelligent for his age.

Possessions: An old longsword and a set of leather armor he made himself. Lives in a hut in town with modest furnishings. I.E: a bed and a table with one chair.

Back to top Go down

Spellsinger's Tale Empty Re: Spellsinger's Tale

Post by Kædai Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:42 pm

First one! WHOO! cheers

Name: Malakai Talao

Description: Malakai, being a South Islander, has a sort of "tribal" look to him. He is extremely tall and heavily built, easily making the strongest Mainlander look small. His skin is a dark tan, and his long hair is dark brown with spots of lighter brown. Malakai's eyes are a deep, almost emerald green, and stand out against his skin. On his face, Malakai has blue tribal tattoos that indicate what tribe and clan he's in, though to most Mainlanders it just looks like decorative shapes and images.

Usually, Malakai wears a simple, sleeveless tan tunic, baggy brown trousers, and brown leather boots. To keep his tunic tight, Malakai wears a brown sash around his waist, tied at the back. On this sash reside his sword sheath and his quiver, both tied to opposite sides of his body. On his back, he keeps a self-made bow in it's carrier.

Personality: Malakai is quiet and introspective. He doesn't talk much and, indeed, some believe him to be mute. However, his friends know he can be lively and humorous, given the right conditions.

He is always kind, and tries to respect everyone he meets, even if he doesn't want to. Malakai is loyal to a fault, and will protect anyone and anything he cares about with all he has.

Skills: Survival skills, marksmanship, and stealth, despite his size.

Possessions: Nothing but the clothes on his back and the weapons in his hands.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 am

Now if we could just get some more people..

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 am

I'm making one up, don't worry. Just taking a little longer than I expected. Sorry for not letting you know.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 am

Patience, Elric. They will come...in time.

(Procrastinators unite...TOMORROW!!! =D)
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Patients? Do I look like a doctor to you! Razz

Cold says he isn't in so if you know anybody interested speak up

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Name: Cassandra Maria Estali

Description: Cassandra stands at a height of 5'6", but she stands with confidence and a sense of grace. She weighs about 110 and is very petite. She has fair skin with a slight pink underlying. She has long, wavy, golden hair that falls past the middle of her back. She has a heart shaped face with two aquamarine eyes above soft, plump, pink lips. She has a kind smile and always exudes an air of happiness.

Cassandra usually wears loose, flowing gowns of high quality and is usually adorned with a few pieces of jewelry. She usually has neutral colors and gold colors. When she is out in the fields or walking around her village she usually wears a simple white gown with a gold ribbon around her waist. She rarely wears any make-up, but she can on occasion.

Personality: Cassandra has always been given what she wants, but because of her father's business he is always away leaving her with her servants and estranged mother. Despite strains with her mother and her upbringing she has turned in a lovely young lady. She is kind and she has a large heart. The villagers adore her.

Cassandra does prefer to go out on her own, she likes to be away from the servants and the cold shoulder she continues to get from her mother. She loves flowers and being around the calm that is the wilderness. She also loves to read and escaping from her own world. She often sings songs her nurse maid sang to her whens he was a child in a meadow that is tucked away in the woods outside of the village.

Skills: Singing, intelligence, and she is very good at running.

Possessions: Generally Cassandra always has a small, diamond bracelet, the only gift she has ever received from her mother. A small coin pouch completely filled and a worn out book that has seen many years.

Last edited by The Literate Angel on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks for posting a sheet without asking, and you don't start as a spellsinger. Nobody does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 pm

>.>

<.<

Oh snap.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that it was required to ask first. I'm a little embarrassed now, ha ha. If I'm still allowed to join I'll change my profile. Terribly sorry.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 pm

It's cool it's just a bit rude Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Name:
Aruxia

Description:
Aruxia
Long, light blue hair falls from the small creatures head. It reaches the middle of her back and then stops in a small curl. She has flawless tan skin and bright blue eyes. Her ears are long and pointed, like an elf's but they are more rounded. A small blue jewel rests above her left ear and it glows when she uses her magic.

Aruxia stands at about 6 inches tall and she weighs about the same as a feather would. She always wears a blue and white corset along with a blue and white skirt. Blue and white stripped arm warmers run from her upper arm to her wrist and she wears matching thigh high stockings. Blue boots cover her legs from mid calf and her wings spread out from her back. They are butterfly type wings and like everything else, they are blue. Around her neck is a blue choker with a jewel that matches the one above her ear.

Guardian to a Spellsinger she has yet to meet.

Skills:
Water Magic, Healing Magic,Long Range Weaponry usage

Possessions:
Nothing but the clothes on her back and a bow and quiver full of arrows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Very nice Ana, accepted. getting a sheet from Koi In The River soon, she pmed me beforehand about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Koi in the River Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks!

Name: Nel Sarynthar

Description: Nel could be described as tall young woman, yet not overly so at five feet and eight inches, with anything but a frail build. Years of farm work and the like have given her a bit of proportionate muscle tone. However, her face has remained absolutely feminine with a healthy shape. Skin remains a deep brown color with dark, grey-brown eyes that revealed a glint of stubbornness with almost every look she made. Pale white hair was cropped short at the back of her head, yet bangs were allowed to fall over her eyebrows and brush just above her eyes.

Her clothing wasn't usually too fantastic - mostly consisting of white baggy sleeve-shirts under tight, dark-hued suede vests and earthy pairs of simple side-stitched pants. The shoes she typically wore were black, laced ankle-high boots for work.

Skills: Endurance in toiling and such, cooking, and hand-to-hand fighting (fist fights, etc... nothing fancy).

Possessions: A satchel usually carried on her back that contains a small bag of money, a map, and a few changes of clothes. Also, a simple silver necklace.
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Location : Atlanta, Georgia, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Alright I'll have the IC up tomorrow, or no.. we're waiting on RedBaku. Someone get on his ass!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Aha! A character idea has come to me. I'll have him up within half an hour.

EDIT: Actually, time constraints have gotten to me. I can't handle three advanced, and a casual. Sorry, Elric.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Well.. fan freaking tastic...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Lets just play with who we have.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 am

Once again, sorry for not asking, but thank you for letting me join. :3 I hope more people join this as well.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Red said he wasn't in. So... that leaves me.. koi... angel... kadai, and anaris. Okay I'll start it tomorrow or saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Koi in the River Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am

Whee! I've been watching this thread almost all day for that one post. Ha, well, I'm off to take a peek. Very Happy
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Proast people!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Sexy hug for whoever posts next, come on people pick up the pace some!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm very sorry I haven't posted yet. I've just been packed with things to do at school, and I have to get ready for All-State Chorus auditions, and I have a concert next week and...ugh. It's been a rough week. >.<

I'll post soonish, hopefully.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Koi in the River Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:05 pm

I was actually waiting for you to post the storyteller's next move, Elric.
Koi in the River
Koi in the River
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm waiting on everybody else to post first >.<

Back to top Go down