FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

+6
Fallenknight13X
Sunwolf007
Silvan Arrow
quakernuts
Digital Muse
Loki
10 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Digital Muse Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 am

@Loki - I'm thinking enhanced senses? Eyesight, hearing and sense of smell? I was kind of coming up empty in all honesty.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed] - Page 6 Empty Re: Viemera – The Essence of Deceit [OOC] [Closed]

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:36 am

Woot! Posted! I know I'll regret staying up late when I have to get up for my 8 AM, but my writing muse wouldn't have let me sleep otherwise. And my plot bunny couldn't resist the chance to throw in...a cliffhanger! Dun dun dun! cheers
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 am

Nice post Silvan, sorry that the story robbed you of time that probably should have been spent on schoolwork or sleep. Then again, this is coming from the guy who spent the entire day procrastinating on these forums. Laughing

@ Muse - Works for me, she could have gained all the enhanced senses from the variety of wildlife. Could always sleep on it and see if you could think of something else in the morning. Smile

To all:
I have to admit, this is easily the most successful RP that I have ever led. I must say, I am more than pleased with the amount of interest and enthusiasm it is generating among its members. I also feel that I should add that the posts you all have been contributing has far exceeded my expectations in every way that I can think. Thank you all for bringing depth to this RP and taking it to a level beyond what I had hoped. High Five
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

Well, this is easily the most successful RP I've ever participated in. I can't tell you guys how many times I sign up for an RP and it either dies right out of the gate or never gets started. I'm really enjoying this RP and how the story keeps developing, and I particularly love how much quality people put into their posts.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Digital Muse wrote:@Loki - I'm thinking enhanced senses? Eyesight, hearing and sense of smell? I was kind of coming up empty in all honesty.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that Raewyn also gained better understanding of her original powers. She is able to control her emotional "leaks", the emotions that she does influence on people have more of a punch, and can either do so in an area of effect or can have a few select targets. When focusing on one target, she is able to influence them so much that it can be considered mind control (though other Saturates are still able to resist her influences more so than vanilla humans).
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 pm

I have no idea what type of power I am going to grant Owen/James. I was playing with the idea of some form of healing because that would be hilarious. He can heal but the fact of the matter is he will die in a year because of his brain disease. I guess I should find out what's killing him if I make him a healer in case it matters. Anyway I was hoping to play Hero with him this time and show off his electric powers by saving Eri from that tree. At least then everyone will know he can do more than shoot. I don't think I will get a post up tonight though. Look for it tomorrow.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm in the process of making my post, and I was actually going to include that.

You know what, I'll leave that part out just for you sunwolf. You get to be hero, and Jake gets to be...well...Jake.

Probably some sarcastic comment; "I could do that!"

Edit: Post up, and man, I had fun with this one. I was really trying to come up with something everyone else wouldn't think of, and I really hoped no one thought of this cause then that would mean I win!

Winner!

(Hopefully)

Oh right, and I hope this power is alright with you Loki. I looked through the kinds of saturates, and didn't see anything that really barred me from doing this, but if you don't like it I can take it out and redo it or something.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:39 am

Works for me. I assume the way he is struggling with his armor is due to his lack of familiarity with it?
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:49 am

Nice post QuakerNuts! That was really enteretaining! I love that you're perfectly OK with letting Jake look like a fool now and again. It's really refreshing!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 am

Loki: Yeah, he doesn't exactly know how it works. That, and the fact that he hs been a manipulator all his life, he lacks any real understanding of how to use essence outside of his body.

Digital: Thanks, it's no fun if I can't make Jake do stupid things now and then.
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:25 am

I was hoping someone would decide to play the hero and save Eri from the tree. I thought it would make for some interesting character development for both characters involved. At the very least, maybe she'll start to warm up more to the group members. And I like SunWolf's idea of showing that he can do more than shoot, not to mention saving a fellow group member will certainly help in the trust department.

@quaker: I loved your post! I could picture Jake struggling with his armor in my head, and it was quite the funny visual. And it just gave me the best idea for my next post! Sometimes I just love doing crazy things to my characters... lol!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm

I got my new ability for Owen/James narrowed down to two ideas. Time manipulation or a healing ability that rapidly restores the body to what it was in the past 24 hours which will eventually grow into the flip side of that idea and decay a body to cause death. Can't do regeneration because that would kill him. Or it could be regeneration and he can't use his new ability on himself. With the time ability it would cause him to think of going into the future to hopefully find out they have a cure for the disease. Either way at first he isn't going to want the new abilities because he is good enough at killing people as it is. I know that for certain. Any suggestions as to which one I should go with?
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Personally, I kind of like the idea of the healing ability. It could buy Owen/James enough time for someone to invent a cure for his illness because he could keep restoring his body to what it was in the past 24 hours. Of course, if it eventually backfires then that might not be good news for him. The idea of time travel is really intriguing, but I guess it all depends on if that ability is actually possible to acquire (I'm guessing that would depend on what Loki says).

Granted I'm a softie at heart, so I'm rooting for whatever ability gives Owen/James the best shot at living through this entire RP. I don't know if you plan to kill him off eventually or pull some strings and let him live (and I certainly won't ask you to spoil a major secret like that), but that's just my personal take on the situation.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

From your post I'm guessing you went with the regenerating ability, which is the option that I prefer.

Although it is arguable, I'm going with the argument that time is more of a technological ability rather than a natural (as in relating to nature) ability. Plus jumping forward and backward in time could make things messy for RP physics and as I believe I mentioned in the Viemera background, Saturate that can manipulate time have a tendency to go insane since they are dealing with such a inconceivable force.

The healing ability is most definitely found in nature, every living being has the capability to mend injuries at various rates and there was a lot of living things within the mile radius of our camp. I'm guessing that you already have it worked out in your mind how you want the ability to work, but if you are still a little unsure as how to avoid a loophole regarding Owen's condition, I wouldn't mind bouncing ideas around with you.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Ok. I will go with the healing thing. For reference though I was thinking more a time stop ability instead of actual manipulation of time lines. Just give him hope of eventual time travel and have it eat away at him from the inside. But I am going to go with the healing option. We need a healer anyway plus it will still eat him from the inside that he can't cure his own disease. I was figuring I would be telling the same story either way but thanks for making the choice for me Loki.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm working on Loki's post and will have it up either today or tomorrow.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Me too! Me too!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Can't wait! I already know how James/Owen is going to react when she shows up. Something along the lines of take this ability back right now, please. Finally get to give away some of that back story I worked out. I can't wait.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Me too! I'm really stoked to see what happens next in this RP! And I'm no longer covered up with massive amounts of homework (yay midterm week...), so I'll be sure to post ASAP once the next round starts.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:02 pm

And there we are! Sorry it took a while...I'm out of town with limited internet, but the bonus is there's awesome food, home-brewed beer and great friends!
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Nice post, Digital Muse! I love how you're exploring Raewyn's inner conflict about whose side to take. It's clear that she's quite intelligent and can think deeply for a girl her age. And I must say, good food and friends makes for a great combination! I have yet to acquire a taste for beer, but if I did, I'm sure home-brewed beer would be most enjoyable.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:53 pm

I am waiting on Loki to get back to me but I hope you guys and gals keep up the good work on the writing. This is the best written RP I have been apart of yet. Let's keep up the good work!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Sorry all, it seems my muse went on Spring Break the same time as me. I have written up most of the next post, but I am not quite satisfied with it and will be working on it tomorrow.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

SilvanArrow wrote:And I must say, good food and friends makes for a great combination! I have yet to acquire a taste for beer, but if I did, I'm sure home-brewed beer would be most enjoyable.

Me either. I stick to wine. But hubby and his brother are virtual conossieurs. But damn it was a fun weekend. Boogie
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:11 pm

I do enjoy a beer or certain wines or certain liquors. I guess the best way to describe it is that I like the higher quality stuff rather than the normal everyday stuff. It's not what you drink but who you drink it with. Or at least that is what I believe in.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:37 pm

By no means do I consider myself a connoisseur of the trade, but I do enjoy trying new beers and wines. More often than not, I drink those two for the flavor rather than for the sake of getting inebriated. It is more of an experience than a means to an end.

Should I find myself in the mood to drink for the sake of getting drunk, I make sure to get my money's worth by means of liquor (typically in the form of Rum shots or LITs). I'm willing to do the same with beer, but it isn't preferred.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by quakernuts Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Suddenly, I feel so young... lol
quakernuts
quakernuts
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:33 pm

quakernuts wrote:Suddenly, I feel so young... lol

To me? Everyone here is young. *grins
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I get that a bit too because I am in college I somehow end up with all the students being a few years younger than me. Nothing like hearing about someone's 21st birthday to remind you that you could legally drink for 3 years going on 4. Ah well what can ya do? Nothing. So might as well get used to it (at least that is what I tell myself).
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Yeah, I'm currently in my senior year at college, so it's quite an experience being at the top of the food chain, so to speak. However, I'm really young for a senior (21), so a lot of my friends are older than me, including a few underclassmen.

@Quaker: Don't fret about feeling young. It's actually going to be an advantage for me because I'll be going to grad school in the fall at 21 and will get out by 24 hopefully. And being legal to drink isn't that big of a deal, at least in my opinion. It was kind of exciting for the first couple of weeks, but after the newness wore off, I didn't really pay much attention to it.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next