FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 22 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Ryona, I'm much the same way in that I tend to be very calm in serious situations like that. When my grandpa died three years ago, I didn't shed a tear, though it wasn't because I was cold-hearted or apathetic or anything of the sort. It's just that I felt like I had to be strong for my mom (It was her dad) and my one cousin who broke down in gut-wrenching sobs. But it was also because I didn't have any regrets, so to speak. I knew I had done everything in my power to support my mom and to be there with Grandpa and the rest of the family as he gradually slipped away, and I also knew that he was in heaven with Jesus. That in itself was the greatest comfort of all and gave us a wonderful sense of peace, knowing that Grandpa wasn't suffering anymore.

That said, I'm also the type to internalize my feelings and keep them bottled up until it all spills out at once in some sort of massive emotional breakdown. So for me, being calm in emergencies is like a two-edged sword. Like Dagger said, you should definitely take as much time as you need to get back into the swing of things. Talk to someone if it helps. Go do something fun, laugh a little, and try to enjoy life as much as possible. And just know that we're all here for you if you need to talk, vent, etc.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Miss Dagger, it made me smile when you talked about blubbering up. I get that way too, just later, like Silvan talks about.

It's the same for me, Silvan.

I'm feeling better in some ways, worse in others. I've managed to get back into my routine, but I can tell that I am depressed. I'm tired all of the time, and grumpy, tons of things set me off when normally I can put it at ease. Even worse, now I'm feeling really anxious about graduate school...I don't know if I truly want to do it, but I also don't have a job yet either. I don't know whether to look hard and forget about school, look easy and use school as a back up, or just plan for school. All I know is that in my heart, I am really tired of it...but I also know that it would really help our income if I could suck it up and go for two more years...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:24 pm

A lot of college graduates go through the exact same inner conflict regarding grad school. For me, I knew I wanted to go straight into grad school from college for a number of reasons. I enjoy school, grad school will let me specialize in the field of study I've wanted to do since childhood, and it's probably the safest bet for me right now in terms of job security. With the economy still recovering, a lot of people are choosing to stay in school or go back for higher degrees. But other people graduate from college completely burnt out and want to work for a while before going back to school. Others work before going to grad school for financial reasons. It's really just a case-by-case basis. Just take it one step at a time. Right now, I think you need to focus on just getting yourself feeling better. Then you'll be able to think more clearly.

Your symptoms sound exactly like mine when I get depressed. but mostly I get really tired and just apathetic about everything. I wish I knew what to say to help, but really it just takes time. Best of luck, hun *hugs*
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 am

Yea I know that it is true, but I feel like it is never going to go away. I know that it will, it always does at least a bit, but it takes a while and I feel like I don't have a while.

I wish I liked school as much as you do, and that I knew what I wanted to specialize in. I don't fit in well with school because I have a family, and a lot of people in my field of study are putting off having children...sometimes permanently. It is hard for me to get along with people who just don't understand that what I did was by choice and a damn good one. They think I'm a fool. Also, I just can't concentrate on school to the degree that some childless colleagues can. They aren't rude, and I don't have a problem with them, I'm just tired of having to work myself to a degree that someone in my situation usually doesn't bother with. I'm basically living a second identity that really isn't me.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewalker Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 am

So... there's been two people who killed themselves on base this week. Was very disconnected with the first... some girl in A-school I just heard about, never knew. But this morning, go to work out, and a section of the path used to run is roped off. Cops cars. White sheet with a red blood stain.

Needless to say, my run was cut short, and I'm just sitting here now, hoping it's nobody I know. Waiting to find out through rumors, because the command will not talk about it. *sighs*

Lonewalker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Lone, I'm so sorry. I hope it's someone you didn't know. I know what it's like to lose people through suicide. :: hugs ::

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonewalker Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I didn't know them, it seems. Still, it upsets me, and makes me upset. It's seriously not worth that.

Lonewalker
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Ignore. Let me merely say, that I am very... very mad.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:49 pm

I complain that I am thoroughly addicted to Redbull. It is just so good...and it is the only thing that enables me to make it through work (and to work) every night. I'll probably die 10 years earlier because of it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 pm

If you are interested in a healthier (and cheaper) alternative, you should look into a type of tea called Mate. It's as caffeinated as coffee, but comes in a wide variety of flavors from the sweet to the spicy. When accompanied with vitamin B it'll give you a nice steady supply of energy that will last for several hours.

Once I discovered it, I never went back to energy drinks. Smile
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

It's amazing how hearing of your ex sleeping with the same guy she cheated on you with (just a year prior) less than three weeks after breaking up still manages to tear open the stitches of old wounds. At least she gave me two months to come to terms with the breakup before telling me about it.

-_-

It feels as though I am bleeding out and yet I still can't bring myself to hate her for it. What does that say about me? v_v
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm

It says you're too good. And that you've got a real heart, which I think is a rare thing.

The pain will ease up. And I'll do everything I can to help <3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh Loki, I'm so sorry. Wounds of the heart are often much more painful than physical ones. But Eternity's right: you have a wonderful, giving heart, and you deserve someone who appreciates you as much as you appreciate her. We're all here for you *hugs*

I complain that I had to leave work early because I was feeling sick as a dog and most likely had a low-grade fever. And to top that off, it's our busiest week at the nature park where I work. During the week of Funfest, park admission is free, and my partner and I have lots of extra nature programs as well as a lot of overtime. I hate feeling weak and that I've let everyone down. I was supposed to work a water station with my partner during a 7-mile foot race this evening. More than anything, I feel like I'm letting him down because I already had to ask him to cover my nature program and then left early, and he has to work the race by himself. Plus, he's already had to deal with me being out for two weeks after my surgery. No matter what, I have to be okay by Thursday because we're leading a moonlight hike of 400+ people around the lakeside trail on the mountain.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWheeler2.0 Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm

That's a bummer, Silvan. At least taking the day off gives you a chance to rest up enough and get to feeling better for Thursday. I hope that you're feeling better soon enough. It sounds like you have a really awesome job.
SpaceWheeler2.0
SpaceWheeler2.0
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks, SpaceWheeler. I really do love my job, but it only lasts for a couple more weeks due to it being a summer internship. That means I hate losing even a day of it. I didn't sleep much last night - I kept waking up every hour with one of the worst sore throats of my life. I went and had a strep test this morning at the doctor's. It came back negative, but the doctor wanted to treat me for it anyway just to be safe. I could either take a shot of penicillin in the hip or 10 days of antibiotics. I bit the bullet and took the shot so I would get better faster. Oh. My. Gosh. I haven't cried over a shot since I was little. I limped out of the clinic, and my leg burned the whole car ride home. The good news? I'm getting my strength back, and the shot is already starting to help my throat a little. I should be good to go for the moonlight hike tomorrow, but I still hate that I have to miss work today. My only consolation is that I would hate even more if I got someone else sick; I won't be contagious by tomorrow.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:31 pm

(((Loki))))

Hang in there Silvan. We're thinking of you.
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:45 pm

The Arby's in town shut down this weekend. That means, if we want Roastburgers, cheesy potato bites or curly fries, we're going to need to drive 40-60 minutes to Vestal or to the mall to get them. All fast food is characterized by serving junk for food and we have our fair share of places to eat around here, but Arby's just tasted so much better. No more running out with hubby on a weekday evening to cheat on our diet with some curly fries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Complaint: August cannot get here fast enough. The 14th, to be exact. HURRY UP TIME HURRRRRYYYY
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:37 am

Labeling this as a complaint doesn't seem to fit the situation very well but anyway... we took Maximus to the vet yesterday afternoon because we noticed some swelling in his abdomen and he was pretty lethargic. Turns out he had a splenetic tumor (cancer in his spleen) so we had to leave him there for the night and they operated this morning.

Apparently it's an aggressive strain and while they removed his spleen okay and there's no easily visible signs of cancer on his liver or kidneys - yet - it's almost a given that it will happen and we'll lose him. We pick him up tomorrow at lunchtime and that's when we'll have to ask all of those lovely questions about lifespan. I guess it would be easier to deal with if it hadn't happened so suddenly.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Meh. Can't use the amp for my bass because the puppy doesn't like loud noises. Sad
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I complain that my husband is in the Mayo Clinic 4 hours away and I can only see him on weekends. Sad
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I complain that Plaguewalker and I are depressed over not being able to post in a certain RP... Sad
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guilty Carrion Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Dammit Mel! I complain that Mel reminded me about said depression!
Guilty Carrion
Guilty Carrion
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:03 pm

I complain that I've made my good Canadian friend depressed again! lol
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Complaints: My knee hurts. Im moving tuesday, to be a lone in the middle of a place ive never been to. I wont be able to see my soul mate (We're not dating yet though.. :/ ) And IVe spent more time on the piano than i have in a few months. I Typically never spend more than 3 hours on it unless im depressed/down/what ever what ever.

Feeling like literal crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:53 am

I'm having trouble sleeping, for no reason at all. I laid down earlier and felt that pleasing drag of slumber starting to pull me under. But like an air-headed idiot, I playfully fought against it and started to let my mind wander. Before I knew it, thought and consciousness had fully returned and I could not find a comfortable position. I reached out for that familiar, relaxing drag but it had been snubbed and left the party in a huff. So, I tried to fake it for a while but I was only lying to myself...

I also complain that because of the aforementioned insomnia, the above paragraph is rambling and probably sounds retarded. >,<

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeangel Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:48 am

The Melancholy Spirit wrote:I complain that Plaguewalker and I are depressed over not being able to post in a certain RP... Sad

OMG you two! lol
wakeangel
wakeangel
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://www.zombycat.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:20 pm

My complaint:

I'M SICK OF NEVER BEING ENOUGH!!!
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Time: The same thing happened to me last night. I was plenty tired enough to sleep after hanging out with friends all weekend, but my mind just refused to pipe down until about 3 in the morning.

I complain that I gave a snake program today at work, and a few of the little kids wouldn't stop jabbering, misbehaving, or crying. I could barely keep my thoughts together to give a cohesive program to the people who were actually trying to listen. And the kids' mothers didn't remove them from the show until near the end. Thanks... *sarcasm*

Don't get me wrong. I love my job. It just sometimes makes me very cynical towards people in general...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 pm

I don't feel strong enough to make things better, but I can't stand the way things are now. Giving up isn't an option, or maybe it is but I refuse to take it. Sometimes I wish I could naively believe that everything just fixes itself over time.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next