FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 12 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 12 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Loki Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:34 am

=( Definitely not a good week for you, Eternity. Hope things turn out well, I know how these seemingly endless nights of work can be.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Fate, I loathe your city. Because the weather was so bad in Chicago, my flight to Denver was so delayed that I would have missed my connection flight to Salt Lake City had I chosen to taken it. Because it was a weather related problem, they wouldn't have reimbursed me for a hotel room, and I'm not twenty-one, so I couldn't get a hotel room anyway. There is no way I would have slept in an airport in some city to which I've never been, so yeah. One day that I was supposed to spend with Misery was officially eaten, and I'm not going to get to see him until late tomorrow night... So bleh... ^;_;^

Fucking Chicago...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:12 am

Family time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Chalk one up for Murphy's Law. I've received several xbox360 games for Christmas only to find out that it picked today of all days to break. Hopefully it can be fixed with a laser lens cleaner disk, if not then I am S.O.L. since the warranty expired last year.

Lame.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Don't you love how you announce that you're going to be more active on a forum only to be slapped by the hand of fate and find yourself busier than before?!

-facepalm- Welcome to my world! T_T
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Loki wrote:Chalk one up for Murphy's Law. I've received several xbox360 games for Christmas only to find out that it picked today of all days to break. Hopefully it can be fixed with a laser lens cleaner disk, if not then I am S.O.L. since the warranty expired last year.

Lame.

Ours broke too, and we didn't have a warranty, but my dad called and worked some magic (as in, being an ass and not taking no for an answer) and they fixed it for us. If the cleaner doesn't work, maybe that will...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm

Or pay 50 bucks to have it refurbished if that doesn't work.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 pm

I don't know whether you'd call this a complaint or not, more like me trying to make myself feel better. But we're just about to go out and search for my dog in the pouring rain. He's been missing for 3 hours. Which isn't normal at all and none of our neighbors have seen him.

He's gotten into trouble with the dingoes around here before. I'm so scared that we're going to find him torn to shreds. He can defend himself, he's fended off about six before (he's a big dog). But he never takes this long to come home. We've driven around and haven't found him.

So I guess my real complaint is that whenever anything like this happens I can't help but imagine all of the different outcomes and always assume the worst.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:39 pm

I'm so sorry, Sin! I know exactly how you feel. Whenever one of my cats goes missing I always worry (sometimes for no reason, sometimes for very good reason). Now is not the appropriate time for horror stories, so let me just say there is a very good chance he will be just fine! Sometimes animals choose to find shelter in the rain rather than forge through it to get home, and he may just be hiding out somewhere. Best of luck to you on your search!
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:45 am

Thanks Ryona. It's been about 7 hours now and we still haven't managed to find him. It's 3:47pm here so I really hope he makes it home by nightfall. We've searched everywhere we can think of. But we're surrounded by cane fields and scrub so it's not so easy to spot things amongst the greenery.

Fingers crossed he shows up.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 am

Oh my god. I am so angry and relieved that it isn't funny. He just turned up, not a scratch on him, as though he'd only been gone for a half an hour. I started bawling my eyes out when I saw him. I thought for sure he wasn't coming back.

I'll complain now that my dog has no concern whatsoever for my mental state.
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Well...at least he was found Smile

I complain that I'm already nervous about school and it hasn't even started yet...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:22 am

I am complaining that I am feeling enough self-pity on New Year's Eve to complain. It irritates me that I feel like I am whining. My plans to hang out with my friends from high school fell through, and then my girl friend who lives in a different time zone fell asleep half an hour before I could talk to her because my relatives decide that saying good bye means lingering another hour and a half at my house.

*edit* 6 hours of extended family is just too much time for me. I like being alone, and away from my family most of the time.

Christ, I would just get trashed, but that would make me more morose and irritable, plus the hang over in the morning. Sometimes life just doesn't go your way, right?

To Ryona, is it grad school?
Sin, my mother is exactly the same way about her cat. If it makes you feel any better for future situations, remember that it has happened before, and your cat should be fine.

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:42 am

Kalaam wrote:*edit* 6 hours of extended family is just too much time for me. I like being alone, and away from my family most of the time.

Gah, I know exactly what you mean... I'm the same exact way. Perhaps even to a greater extent.

My complaint: DMV... I just hate that place.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:05 pm

@ Kalaam: Oh dear, I wish. No, I'm finishing up my BA. I was considering grad school, but the university I attend is very likely putting a moratorium on my department due to California's financial crisis so...I basically need to leave cali to continue my education. I may, I may not, but it all depends on if I can find a job that will support living arrangements, schooling, and child care. In this economy...I'm not going to bet on it.

@Melancholy: The DMV is undoubtedly a gateway to Hell...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalaam Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 pm

BA in what?

DMV is shitty, which is why i will shell out the extra 20-25 dollars for MVD express which takes so much less time and hassle.

My complaint- Writer's Block

Kalaam
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:49 pm

@Ryona: Ah, that really sucks. It is the real reason I'm not ending any school at all, to be honest. I've no desire to go to any school in California, and if I were to attend one at all I'd prefer to do an overseas study in Finland... but with the current economy there isn't a chance in hell of that happening. Or, if it did, I'd be so far in debt that I'd never be able to get out.

@ Kalaam: Well, I tried to get an appointment and all sorts of other things but, none of it worked because I was just needing to go for the test to get my permit. Damn thing expired because things were a mess around here the past year or so and I never had time to get down to take the actual driving test. And, of course, even if you're over eighteen and have proof of previously having a permit you still need an active one in order to take the driving test itself. I really hate the way laws work anymore...

My complaint: Writers block as well... and friends who trick themselves into believe things and then act like a martyr and just go on and on about how they're a 'fool' and a 'hypocrite' and 'I can't help what I want' and all this other nonsense just to avoid actually making healthy changes in their life.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 pm

@Kalaam: I'm getting a BA in anthropology, my focus is archaeology but I highly doubt I get a career in that field because of my family orientation and lack of post graduate education. The most I can aspire to be with my degree is a shovelbum.

I complain that my headache refuses to go away Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:06 am

I'm definitely going to keep it in mind if it happens again Kalaam. He seems to be able to look after himself quite well.

I complain that I've had this stomach bug for well over a week now and it's really starting to get old. I never get sick!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:12 am

I complain that I'm in Iowa and not in Utah with Misery any more. I feel quite sad about it, and I've kind of started feeling like I'm in a dream rather than reality. Like... I'll just wake up and be beside him in his warm bed rather than in my own by myself.

The two weeks flashed by, and at least three of them were wasted by my being sick with the flu one day and having lingering queasiness for two days after that.

I miss him a lot, and I while I hate the distance that separates us, and while that distance feels even bigger right after seeing him in person, I know everything will be okay.

I just miss being near him. It was so easy to get used to him being right next to me.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 am

I complain that that just made me sorrowful...

Way to go Kathryn, thansk a lot. ~chuckles~
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:06 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:I complain that I'm in Iowa and not in Utah with Misery any more. I feel quite sad about it, and I've kind of started feeling like I'm in a dream rather than reality. Like... I'll just wake up and be beside him in his warm bed rather than in my own by myself.

The two weeks flashed by, and at least three of them were wasted by my being sick with the flu one day and having lingering queasiness for two days after that.

I miss him a lot, and I while I hate the distance that separates us, and while that distance feels even bigger right after seeing him in person, I know everything will be okay.

I just miss being near him. It was so easy to get used to him being right next to me.

I hate the fact that I know EXACTLY how you feel in that my husband is going to be gone for 6 months. Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I complain that my computer is an idiot... copied Ensiferum's self-titled album unto it and the thing registered them as 'World' and 'Pop/Rock'...

Stupid computers... Laughing
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Melancholy, I just seem to be really good at making others feel bad. >.>;;

I'm sorry you have to understand what it's like, Sighlent. I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:47 am

I had a horrible nightmare, one I just can't shake off. Theoden was playing in the front yard, and he snuck into the neighbors yard, and their garage opened..I started running, but it was that slow motion running in dreams that gets you nowhere. The car moved incredibly fast, and didn't even stop. I was sure it didn't hit him, because they would have felt it, right? There he was, screaming, his arm and leg squished flat against the ground, like a bug. I froze for a second, torn between running to him, to be there, and running back in the house to call 911.

The worst part of the dream? Somewhere in the world a mother has been tormented with that very image in real life, and had to make the decision to either abandon her dying child to call for help, or run to him and pray that someone would hear her plea from the street.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

Well, let's just hope that you never have to be faced with that situation. I know it's terrible that things like that happen all over... However, if you think about it logically, if it was just his arm and leg, he probably wasn't dying, just badly hurt...

I complain about dreams of pregnancy. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 pm

I drove 17 hours yesterday to make it here in time to find out that my TA position was cut due to a small number of enrollments. Granted the additional free time will be nice, but that paycheck was easy money that will be missed. =/
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet_Rivers Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Well, gosh! It's just one thing after another with me!

First of all, I get into a fight (that's still going as I type) with one of my best friends because she's too stubborn to take the role in the spring production that our directer wants her too & won't leave my part alone! In the end, it'll probably go down to a showdown - a try out of some kind - and we'll just have to see what goes on.

Then I find out I got a D in the first semester of Geometry after busting my ASS and a C in Child Development! Ugh.

Now, I'm in a town two hours away from home, missing school to wait for my grandfather to get his hernia fixed.

Ugh, great way to start the year!
Scarlet_Rivers
Scarlet_Rivers
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 am

I was "let go" today from my job. Plus yesterday I had to drive for 2 hours in that blizzard just to get home. I have been missing my time spent here because I have been too busy. I have been battling viruses on my laptop. So yeah. Fun week this one was...
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 am

Sunwolf007 wrote:I was "let go" today from my job.

That really sucks, man. I've been waiting for that to happen to me for a while now...so far it hasn't. Hopefully my own luck will hold out until I'm ready to move on. And hopefully you can find a replacement job (preferably a better one Wink ) soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next