FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+59
Squall Reyes
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Raven
Blackrock
Skitzo-phrenick
Tartra
Lonewalker
YenWen
xraineyesx
wakeangel
SpaceWheeler2.0
Guilty Carrion
World Traveler
Descent
Silvan Arrow
Ominous Flare
Attie
Julian
Shadow Moonseye
Cypher
Ethereal
Acid Varrakin
Sunwolf007
Kalaam
Scarlet_Rivers
Frozen
ImmortalSin
MoiraofWords
Bad Kitty
Gunneh
Misery
6billionghosts
Loki
osacredxo
Sighlent
Gabe
Inerio
Regicidal
Dio the Awesome
Digital Muse
Crain_S
Igraine
The Melancholy Spirit
Eternity
Shades Of Gray
LunarScorpio
Lara
Kaito
cdawgg
Anemone
Kædai
Hello Danger
Kiru Naka
Kalon Ordona II
Weiss
Gadreille
Kathryn Lacey
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
63 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 9 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:40 pm

You know what's funny, osacredxo? My mom used to do the same exact thing. If she decided she didn't like a guy for whatever reason, she would let me know all the time that I shouldn't be with him. The sad part was that usually she was right. >_<

Don't change anything about what you've created to better fit what's already been done. If you need to do it, you should write an explanation over why you want to be original. You're a video gamer, so you have a good opinion on these kinds of things. I wonder if he even plays video games? He sounds quite douchey when he's pissy.

I complain that this time of the month is the pits.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 pm

So nervous about swine flu...not for myself, I am confident I would survive it. But my son is only a year old...

When can I get him the vaccine? Should I?

Questions no one can answer right now, and ultimately it is my decision, but I don't want to make it. What if my judgment is not the right one?

Edit: So as of now, clinics in our town aren't giving the vaccination to those under 2. What parents of children under 2 are supposed to do about that...I don't know.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:So nervous about swine flu...not for myself, I am confident I would survive it. But my son is only a year old...

When can I get him the vaccine? Should I?

Questions no one can answer right now, and ultimately it is my decision, but I don't want to make it. What if my judgement is not the right one?

Well, one can still do the little things, like watch out with handwashing and hygiene, avoid public places (particularly restaurants and so forth) where people tend to leave their germs and whatnot.

The Health and Human services secretary recently took a reporter to task at a press conference for sneezing the wrong way -- the proper method is into one's elbow if one doesn't have tissue. Little things like that can have a real impact on the spread of a disease, and a little caution can go a long way.

The 1918 flu spread particularly as a pandemic because demobilization camps in Europe were filthy places (Actually, all urban areas qualified as festering holes of filth back then) with rats and lots of standing water and little sanitation and a lot of people from all corners of the world (or close enough) coming and going. Hygienic laxity is definitely a contributing factor there and here.

That's not to say it's all hygiene, but hygiene is a hell of a place to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I keep up with it as best I can, my son is not in daycare and rarely goes to restaurants...but how long should I box him in? He likes to go to new places and I feel like the more I try and protect him from the flu, the less interactive I am allowing him to be...

Of course I can cook up activities at home, but I am only a mother, not a goddess, and I do have school work on the side...Taking him out to a favorite restaurant or play place once every couple of weeks was my way of adding spontaneity to the mix, as well as encouraging social and motor skills...if I take that off the plate, I feel like I am enabling laziness as well as social issues. Sad

There is just no right answer.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:I keep up with it as best I can, my son is not in daycare and rarely goes to restaurants...but how long should I box him in? He likes to go to new places and I feel like the more I try and protect him from the flu, the less interactive I am allowing him to be...

Of course I can cook up activities at home, but I am only a mother, not a goddess, and I do have school work on the side...Taking him out to a favorite restaurant or play place once every couple of weeks was my way of adding spontaneity to the mix, as well as encouraging social and motor skills...if I take that off the plate, I feel like I am enabling laziness as well as social issues. Sad

There is just no right answer.

Normal precautions, don't be too paranoid. You can still take him places, I'd keep saniwipes and that sort of thing about and make sure to use them on him as much as yourself. There's no need to become hermits over this. Just by being a little bit careful, you've probably got things under control.

So goes my advice. Don't let it crimp your lifestyle, just make the small, easy things habitual, like teaching the lad to handwash and using saniwipes and practicing said hygiene moves yourself. I've got a lot of experience working in places (schools and stores) where people just spread it all willy-nilly, where you can't avoid it and the biggest thing is just to wash hands often.

I don't think you have to worry about taking him out and around. Influenza tends to spread by touch vectors -- the danger spots are where people who touch their own mucus may touch, and then other people touch it and bring that up to their nose, eyes or mouth. It's pretty easy to limit the contact points, so long as no one with it sneezes in your face. That's why the handwashing is so critical.

Saniwiping the table you're eating at with the kid is probably a good move too. I don't think anyone will give you weird looks for being smart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Are saniwipes safe to use on children? Are baby wipes enough? His skin is sensitive to chemicals, because it is so new. I like the idea of carrying them around to use on tables and big toys and things like that, but I don't know about skin.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know about this stuff. I've never used anything but baby wipes when out and about, and sometimes hand sanitizer. I wish I was of infinite knowledge study
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm

They've got the antibacterial stuff for surfaces, too. But yeah, anything that's moist and cleans. I use it when I'm messing with raw meat and when someone comes down ill around here, because I live with rude barbarians that don't wash themselves enough and seem to enjoy spreading their illnesses. Good for work, too. Lysol makes some.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:55 pm

I complain that all of this college stuff is freaking me out and making my head spin. I don't even know where to start... ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 pm

College is confusing, but the best thing to do is to talk to someone currently attending or fresh out of college. It helps if that person is at the school you want to go to, and really helps if they are in the major you are pursuing...but any college student could help you with the basics.

I complain...well, it's a really long complaint and I'm so physically and emotionally exhausted I just don't know if I should revisit it...

Silv and I pay for health insurance. We have a great pediatrician...but she doesn't do vaccinations. Our choices are the health department (HD), or the San Joaquin Community Hospital (SJCH) vaccination van that goes around town. The HD takes a long time and lots of sick people go there, so we decided to try the van (it is clean, safe, and completely legit). At first it was nice, we were outside in the fresh air and could keep Taeo away from the other kids, so we preferred it to the HD. However, 2 1/2 hours later (the HD usually takes about 1 1/2 hours) we started getting ansy. Lots of people who don't speak english were yelling outside, complaining about the wait...the wait was because everyone and their mom was there trying to get flu vaccinations (they mistake it for swine flu vac, I think). So here I am, amongst the poor, the uninsured, and the confused. I am not uninsured, I actually know what vaccinations I am there for, and...I'm late for school (I never made it to class....)

We finally get into the van (an RV, really...) and they say he only needs one shot. Well, having done the research, I knew he needed 5. So they redo the paperwork, and say he is getting 6 shots (1 flu shot). I say OK.

As the lady is giving him shots (keep in mind Taeo is screaming, and I am consoling him) I am trying to keep track of what she is giving him, but I can't because I couldn't see the paperwork. 6 shots later, we go to leave and she says "Oh wait 1 more!" and I'm like "you said he only needed 6!" she says "6 and a flu shot!" so I'm trying to figure out how the hell 5 turned to 7, but they usher us out because there are many angry mexicans (sorry for being derogatory, but that is exactly what it was) outside wanting in. I go over the paperwork and realized that they gave my 12 month old a DTaP, which he isn't due for until 15 months of age!!!!! So I am freaking out, I don't know what giving a vac early will do, the side effects listed are horrible (seizure, coma, brain damage...) so yea, I'm having a mini meltdown.

I call the pediatrician and she's not there, the answering service picks up. I tell them what happened, and they said "We are just the answering service." I'm thinking what the FUCK are you good for then but I instead just ask who to call. They tell me to call the emergency room. I'm like you've got to be kidding. Our ER is filled with people with swine flu, I am not taking Taeo there. So I hang up in disgust, go home, lay my sleeping child in the crib and hop on the internet to do research...since there was no one I could call. I truly can trust no one but myself anymore, it is a scary feeling.

Turns out, sometimes DTap is given to 12 month olds, and they probably did it because of his size. I freaked out for no reason, but it made me realize that I don't want to go through this again. I want my son to be vaccinated by a doctor who has the time to tell me what s/he is giving my son before they do so. I pay for insurance, I have that right....right?

-whew-

for those who thought this was too long and didn't read, story short:

health care sucks
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm

hahahahah I agree with your ending statement. Still, it would be nice if sucky health care was free for everyone. I mean, obviously it's not quality enough for which to pay. Just ask Fate. XD

But yeah. That is shitty about what happened, but I'm glad that you were able to have your nerves calmed.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Ryona Noel wrote:health care sucks

Hey, that there is unpatriotic traitorism. We have here the best dang ole system ever.

(Yeah, I agree, it sucks. I have coverage and I still think it blows. I've worked collections against insurance companies, trying to get them to pay their bills to doctors, and it's a full time job.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 pm

I complain that I have to both clean up dog shit and rake leaves on Halloween. Why Halloween? I don't understand why it can't wait until Sunday. Hell, I'm going to rake leaves and they'll be all over the ground again tomorrow anyway. Hurm.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 pm

I complain that I need to take a shower and start transforming myself into an elf, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:43 pm

I complain that some people can be assholes. Don't get me wrong, I'm an asshole at times. However, not to people I barely know. I expect people to treat me as civilly as I treat them. >/ Ugh. I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up but it was a bit of a mood killer.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 am

I complain that I totally had a better hairstyle with my costume yesterday than I did on the day that my friend and I took a bunch of pictures in our costumes. Bleh...

Oh well... ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 am

I'm not in the mood for writing. At all. And yet I've an essay due tomorrow evening that isn't finished yet. I'd be less worried had I an open agenda on Monday, however with the photography project looming ahead I'm strapped on time. Ugh...
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 am

I complain that my neck and arms are itchy...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:42 pm

TWO RANTS! AH AH AH!!! (Sesame street refs for the win)

One, I just burnt my wrist with the hair straightner! It hurts like a biiiiiitch! Not a bitch. A biiiiiitch! I don't even know how those two things came into contact with one another during the hair straightening process considering they were on two different sides of my body. ;_; I'm going to look like an emo.

Two, stop taking pictures from the fat girl angle. Don't do it. You know who you are. That super upwards camera angle doesn't make you any more attractive. Neither does the high res contrast so that your nose essentially vanishes from your face. It makes you look like an alien. Which is only okay when that's the look you're going for. Oh, and to add to that. The lip pout thing? Yeah, that thing. It looks ridiculous. Stop it. Stop mutilating your visage by taking bad pictures.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Aww... The fat girl angle eliminates some chin stuff, though... It's a better angle than when people take pictures from ant's eye view and actually make themselves look like they have a double chin that they don't have in real life. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people take pictures from that angle and post those pictures... :: shakes head ::

Also, that high res is called white wash. I hate that, too. It makes pictures look like they're bad quality anyway... If someone really does like that look then they have no idea what good quality pictures actually are.

Maybe you should teach this person some tricks for good pictures? I mean, everyone has flattering and unflattering angles. The "fat girl" angle is flattering on everyone and the ant's eye angle when they're looking at the camera is unflattering on everyone, but there are other angles that can be flattering on varying people. Maybe you could go on a photo shoot with said person and help them discover their other photogenic angles?

I complain that I'm sick of winter already and it's not even here... I just hate what's happening to my skin with the eczema and cracked lips and such. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm

The fat girl angle is just one big lie to me. Whenever I look at that camera angle I just think WHAT ARE THEY HIDING!? Though, you're right, the ant's eye view is always ugly. Unless shifted to one side slightly. . .

Anyway, I've tried. People don't listen to me. -__- I don't expect them to though, I guess it saves me more "I told you so" ammunition for later.

I hate winter too Kat. I say we hide inside our houses like creepy hermits and not come out till spring.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:19 pm

I would totally do that with you, but inside is just as bad as outside if not worse because the heaters that would keep us warm are just as destructive to my skin... except for the whole frostbite thing probably being worse than a bit of eczema and cracked lips...

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 pm

My poor puppy has an eye infection and a deep skin infection on his right heel. Sad

I've got medicine from the vet for both, so he'll recover just fine. It just sucks that he had to get his eye swabbed to clear out the gunk. Not good times for not-so-little Takun.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 am

Aww, Loki, I'm sorry to hear about your puppy's eye and skin infection. Sad Poor dear.

My stomach feels a little off today.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:53 am

Hot showers don't feel as warm in drafty houses when the temperature drops... =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:31 am

I complain that I have to listen to extremist politics all day. Every day. I think its worse than having to listen to sports. I'm not sure yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Ok to today has pretty much blown out the ass, completely and totally and I just really need to talk about it. In order for you to understand why I'm so aggravated I have to explain the situation, so read if you want to and if not you can just go ahead and say "that sucks!" and pretend that you read it anyway.

So when my husband and I moved from Texas we had every intention of finding a house of our own but in the meantime we were to be staying with 'Old Friends' as I will call them in this story. They were moving up from Texas at the same time as we were and had managed to find a place before us so we told them we would help out with the bills and everything till we did. So we get up here to Virginia and finding a place to live is about as easy as finding a needle in a haystack. My husband only just joined the Navy in February and the waiting list for on base housing was about a year and a half so we HAD to find something.

Well Mrs. Old Friend decided that she was going to put the notion into my husband's head that we could stay permanently with them and that it was ok! So he stopped looking. And through much arguing, and against my better judgment, we decided to stay splitting the bills and everything. At first everything was fine! But then we started feeling that they were screwing us with the rent. And then we started noticing that when it came to groceries ours was always eaten first and if and when the Old Friends decided to buy groceries it wasn't ever very much and it was always the cheap stuff (ex. they bought the cheapest dish soap wherein we were supplying name brand and good laundry detergent AND softener)! To make matters worse we started noticing that Mrs. Old Friend did at least 3 to 4 loads of laundry every day (using our detergant of course) and did this about four days a week! Seriously? We were only doing laundry once every two weeks amounting to 3 loads. I asked her about this and she got all offensive and said she didn't. So we took our stuff and from then on kept it in our room. Next off, when I would cook. I cooked for ALL of us, all four of us. When she would cook, it was for either just herself or herself and her husband. Oh and one time they made chilli that we told them we wouldn't eat because it was loaded with onions, and they used OUR hamburger to meat to do so even though they knew very well we wouldn't eat it! And they didn't just some of it. They used ALL of it!

So by this time we started keeping our stuff labeled and sealed together so they couldn't use it, and then one day out of the blue about a month and a half ago she TELLS us, doesn't ask even though we ARE paying half of everything, that one of Mr. Old Friend's friends, lets call him JoBob is moving in with us for a while until he finds a place to live. Me and Jimmy really had nothing to say to that and by now even he is becoming perturbed by the little sequence of events that play out in home. So ok, we try to look at the plus side of while JoBob is here, he will be helping out with the bills.

So the first week with JoBob is fine! He makes a lot of jokes that are rather funny and helps out with everything. But then his jokes start turning from funny to rude. For instance I have a cousin and an aunt who are both mentally challenged, the one having down syndrome and the other who became sick when she was little and it fried her brain. Well when people typically make 'retard' jokes I try not to say anything because hey, let's give them the benefit of a doubt. But oh no! He wouldn't stop and they were ALL directed at me, like he said to me when we were watching Dancing with the Stars, they had two of the dancers hanging out with people who had down syndrome and I just said the name for some reason or another and JoBob pops off 'Your face has down syndrome!' and then Mr. Old Friends got a riot out of that and they kept going! I got extremely offended and told him about my cousin and then got up quietly and went back to my room where Jimmy was playing his X-Box and cried. Since then, JoBob's jokes have only escalated!

But what's so bad is that Jimmy is gone, out on a fast cruise with his boat and isn't due to be back until November 24th, and now that he's gone JoBob is only getting worse, and Mrs. Old Friend has suddenly grown a pair of brass balls and won't stop talking about us getting a place of our own. Last night they invited me out to dinner (JoBob, and Mr. and Mrs. Old Friend) and I agreed to go because I needed to get out of the house, and I told her round about how much we would be getting back for income tax and she goes off on how nice that would be for a down payment and first months rent in February. Again let me explain why this is a problem, although Jimmy is coming back on November 24th he turns around and leaves for HALF A YEAR New Years Day. So he wouldn't be here then. Another thing about that is that once he leaves I'm going back to Texas for a month to spend time with our families and will just be getting back when we probably get our income tax so I would just be getting back and then turning around and moving? No way! The original agreement was that we would stay until the lease was up and then go our separate ways and when I asked her last night via text if she wanted us to move out or something she tried turning it back on me saying that I had said that we'd planned on doing so soon. I became furious! I NEVER said that and I told her if I had, I hadn't meant so soon! I told her over diner that we didnt make enough to support ourselves right now, which coincides with a previous statement that she said that they typically don't allow E-1's (my husband's rank) to live off the base because they can't afford it. She then replied that we made the same about that Mr. Old Friend, an E-5!!!! did and that if they could do it then so could we. I'm sorry but he is FOUR ranks higher than my husband and a NUKE there is no way in holy hell that he makes the same as us. But it gets EVEN better!!! After diner last night we went to Wal-Mart to walk around, all four of us, and I had gone up to the front to go the the restroom and when I came back to where they were I walked up on her having a phone conversation with someone. Her back was turned to me but I could clearly hear everything she was saying and she was talking shit about me! I didn't even tell them bye I just got in the car and came home and then text her about her wanted us to move. When they got home I heard her knocking on my door but completely ignored her.

So today I've pretty much spent to myself locked within my room wishing with all my heart my husband was home and the one time that I DID leave the room JoBob and Mrs. Old Friend were sitting in the living room together and he pops off something I wasn't paying attention and I just ignored him and went to the bathroom and then too the kitchen and he hollers from the living room 'Lady in a bad mood!'. Bad thing about my room is the door is located in the living room so I went back to my room and he's like 'Aw, what's wrong lady in a bad mood?' and I slammed it behind me and heard him say 'Damn!'

So -HUFFFFFFFF-.
Someone please...console me. Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh dear Sad I'm so sorry Sigh! *Hugs*I know what it's like to have crappy living arrangements (down to the abuse of groceries, etc), it is a horrible situation to be in. I had a roommate that would take my wash out of the washer and set it on top of the drier! Since we lived in AZ, the laundry would mildew within an hour, and I'd have to wait for them to finish their laundry before I rewashed mine....He also would make Silv and I pay 2/3 of groceries, even though he ate 1/2 of them (or more!)

I hope things work out! Even though it would be difficult, maybe you should just move out early. I know you have lots of plans and stuff, but if you are having issues with them now, do you really think it is going to be any better when hubby is gone for 6 months?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I complain that I have to listen to extremist politics all day. Every day. I think its worse than having to listen to sports. I'm not sure yet.
I don't see any difference in the two. Both are full of giant douche bags.

I complain that the video game industry is still stagnate as fuck.

It pisses me off cause every game on the store shelves practically looks the same. They look like copies of copies of copies of copies. What kind of development crew do those companies have? They should pull their heads out of their asses and come up with something that's actually original instead of staying trapped in the sand box way of thinking. I look at every MMORPG out there as an example of this. They are all way to boring to pay monthly for. Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, World of Warcraft, etc. They all have the same bullshit boring features -- every single one of them. Nothing new, nothing fresh, nothing exciting to keep the gamer like me interested or enticed enough to try playing the game for a couple months. Nothing at all.

Another thing that bugs the shit out of me is that the industry, no matter how creative it might be, don't seem to push the envelope on originality. You could easily take a MMORPG concept, splash in some RTS elements, and whip it together with a bottle of polish of interesting game play and you have an original game. An example of this would be having the MMORPG allow players to raise enough in-game gold to buy land in the game, wall it off, populate it with NPC citizens, guards, and soldiers, Players could have property within the walled castle grounds, pay taxes, etc. When kingdoms go to war each player can have their army broken up and controlled by players to give waging war that RTS feel.

There isn't a single MMORPG like that on PC. There isn't even one like that on console; which wouldn't really make it a MMO then and kill the whole idea behind the waging war idea.

So no, we gamers have to deal with this kind of bullshit for years hoping that some golden kickass game comes along and enthralls us with entertainment. It's just these new games don't ever push it like the games 10 years ago did. They were awesome, they were just simply awesome. Yeah, probably cause back then the industry was still jumping through hoops, learning tricks of the trade, and developing new technologies to put in them, but it was a double-edged sword. Because of all that new crap, we have crappier games. I want to see a game like Total Annihilation meets World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, and Age of Conan. I want that MMORPG to have players commanding up to 200 NPC soldiers and have kingdoms with armies bigger than Soren's orc army in Lord of the Rings. I want those armies so massive that their very march destroys that orc army. It would be that large scale world pvp that would make it worth playing.

No other game has that. The idea is to make it so the players controlling the NPCs is hard to find, like in a real battle, and to make it look very chaotic and confusing, like in the opening battle scene of Gladiator but much more confusing and shakey-like.

I just wish.. for the love of god.. that these companies stop re-doing the same old bullshit ideas over and over. Keeping your head in the ground like a dumbfuck bird just makes you a dumbfuck bird. Even my favorite game company, Blizzard Entertainment, will probably at some time fall to this kind of bullshit. I pray that they don't.

Do note that World of Warcraft might be boring to me, but that is no measure of my opinion in whether it's a good or bad game. I played it for 3 years. I think that should tell you of my opinion on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Ugh, this is ridiculous...I need 4 (now 3) posts to finally get Ghost Status. But I don't have anything to post...
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

You're only one away! Have anything else about which to complain? ^^_^^

I complain that the live action movie Blood: The Last Vampire sucked ass. What a waste of time watching that was!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next