FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:::Chaotic Anatomy:::

+3
Kaislynn
Kail DeWraith
Eternity
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

:::Chaotic Anatomy::: - Page 2 Empty Re: :::Chaotic Anatomy:::

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Team 1:

Lyric nodded, listening to Darius respond to her. The glow of the organized street lighting was somewhat eerie, and it was a wondrous thing to ponder at what had happened to all the people. Slums people stayed inside, and occasionally took to the alleys. They didn't have much of a life regardless. Hiding out from the dangerous daylight, and rotting away in the darkness of night that soon followed...

Her lips upturned in a smile at what he said, her fingers pushing tendrils of soft strawberry hair behind her ears.

"Aren't you just a joker? I like you already." She chuckled quietly, looking over the area again. She stepped forward, watching the area as Everett and Darius spoke to each other about the communicator, but her own focus was captured elsewhere. Along the rooftops, scurrying could be heard. And down the road, a set of three gunshots seemed to break the silence. Lyric stopped dead in her tracks, her right arm reflexively drawing back until her fingers wrapped around the handle of her 9mm, tucked deep in one of her cargo pockets.

"I think we've got trouble." Lyric whispered, as a man ran across the street about a block ahead, running from a set of five NA Basics- soldiers of the NA that appeared like SWAT members almost. Another gunshot, and the civilian was hit, falling to the ground with a yell. The five men then turned, spotting the three. One of them appeared to suffer from an arm injury, but the rest appeared quite able bodied for battle...

Team 2:

The alleys, deeper as Brick went, were darker. Occasionally a man or two, crouched against a wall smoking. Or the passing whore, in barely clad clothes painted on their bodies, eyes devouring the black man's body. The walls were cracked and the sporadically placed wall lights were sometimes buzzing, some of them completely shattered bulb-wise. The alley began to widen a bit, finally creating a box-like shape before breaking off into two thin paths.

From the path Brick had just traveled, a pair of men appeared. One carried a long one-edged sword like a giant cleaver, and the other a metal baseball bat with a large needle-like nail protruding outwards from the side. The two men smirked, their beady black eyes glittering darkly. Two oriental looking kids, tech pirates. These were the kids who had everything, the spoiled children of the Slums. They stole from shipments headed for Krew, and had all the latest technology. They smiled wickedly, looking around- not exactly looking to fight with Brick, but looking for something- or someone- else. From the other two thinner alleys ahead, appeared two more men- one at each path. Again- tech pirates. One carried a sawed off shotgun and the other a taser rod.

"Where's the chick?" One said across the area to the others, ignoring the presence of Brick- although obviously blocking his path.

"I dunno'. Bitch's gotta' pay." The other responded.

A scurry amongst the rooftops diverted their attention, as the sound of bricks shattered up above. Dust seemed to fall along with a few desolate pieces of red brick from one of the walls- obviously from the roof.

"She up there?"

"Nah, she can't." A pause passed between them as a scream echoed through the sky from the rooftops.

"Shit!"

Something filled the sky, darkness in darkness. A woman, falling quickly after having leapt. Within seconds, the ground cracked around her feet as she landed, a soft electronic wheezing coming from her legs as she stood up. The woman was a caramel skin tone, with messy black hair that fell in small semi-curls. She had creamy oak eyes and a wicked smile, and a katana in each hand. Her top was a thin black thing that covered her breasts alone, and her bottoms were looser, like black trip pants.

"Dynasty!" One of the oriental boys yelled, running forward. She turned sharp on her foot, swinging her leg up and slamming it into the young man's chest, sending him flying into a wall. Again, the electric wheezing rose from her leg before she steadied herself again. The woman twisted the swords in her hands, holding one towards Brick.

"Who are you?" She said, a thick accent that came with a deep Slum birth. The woman turned her head as the second Oriental man came forward, slinging the metal bat at her. She brought up both katanas, blocking the bat and deflecting it. The other two men looked at each other then looked at Brick.

"Well let's just take 'em all out, and solve all da' fuckin' problems." They jested, stepping forward. The one with the shotgun leveled for Brick. The other man raised the taser rod and raced for Dynasty. He swung the taser forward and she flipped one of the katanas back, sheathing it quickly before she grabbed a leather rag hanging from her side and reached forward. She grabbed the base of the taser rod and slung the other katana forward, cutting into his stomach before watching the man fall to his knees, finger releasing the button. The other man prepared to pull the trigger of the shotgun, and Dynasty threw her sword, cutting into the man's throat. The gun slumped down and fell to the ground, just like the man.
Four down.
One to go.

Dynasty turned to Brick, staring him over before drawing her other katana and smiling.

"So what's this leave me with? What are you, a firefighter or some shit? C'mon. I ain't got time for wasting on the likes of you." The woman stretched her caramel arm forward and curled her fingers in a 'come on' gesture.

Team 3:

Muse nodded to the thief, watching his contacts gleam as he stared over the earth. Christ, he was going to be the down one here. The Ghost might be a bit on the clumsy side at times; perhaps Abel put him in this position to sharpen up his skills with his environment. He stepped forward, watching a sheet of pavement slope, causing him to skip three steps forward and jump onto another more sturdy part of the road. As he looked forward, he saw something- but the distance was hazed and he wasn't as skilled at sight-seeing as the thief and his technology.

The two seemed to eventually begin to move forward though- although that process alone took time and a cautious watchful eye. Everything in this damned place was falling apart. Some of it was brand new, and able to hold the weight of great trucks- but a lot of it was incomplete. It looked sturdy but missed screws, and looked as though the wind could destroy it.

Muse turned his head, staring at Claus. He scoffed out something like a laugh and stumbled for a moment, catching his hands on the pavement.

"Gah!" He choked, shaking his head and mumbling curses as he stood back up. "Are you saying that we could fall through the road? That makes me feel just dandy, knowing that I'm possibly the most hazard-prone agent of our little Encore division..."

Muse then noticed something else, a small flickering red light beneath the rubble. He reached down and brushed the dirt and cement away from it, lifting what looked like a small barely functioning remote. He picked it up and showed it to Claus.

"What you think this is?" He said somewhat dumbfounded, trying his best not to push the button and find out through experience.

Team 4:

Abel and Vasha had gone on a ways. They too, had to travel slowly, being wary of what was around them. Finally, after about a good thirty feet- which was about one hundred when including all the detours they took, Abel realized that they were being followed. He wrapped an arm around Vasha and pulled her suddenly, moving the two of them underneath a small dome-tent as he watched for her. Crossing the path was a street Fox. A Fox was a thief of the Slums, usually addicted to some form of enhancer or steroid specifically used to strengthen the legs, and increase reaction timing. A street Fox was dangerous, especially when a mission was to be completed.

"Shhh..." Abel whispered, pulling a gun from his side and leveling it, as a wiry man with a long set of two whips, one on each hip. He crawled over the obstacles, standing on top of an old hover car and staring around. He had long silvery hair with black edges, almost demonstrating the length of time he had been using the drug (since the enhancer did have side effects that damaged the appearance). His eyes were pitch black and thin, his fingers like bones wrapped in skin with long dark nails with clear sharp tips. He pressed his legs against the car's hood and seemed to pace quickly down the hood, and leaping onto a small vendor roof.

"I see you." He chuckled, turning his head quickly and spotting the two huddled in the tent.

"For how long?" Gunshots rang through the air as the man jumped off the vendor and sprinted through the area, hiding as Abel fired quickly to the man.

"Vasha." Abel said, knowing he'd run out of bullets soon. "I need you to sift through these things and find him for me, so I can kill him... Before he tries to kill us."
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

:::Chaotic Anatomy::: - Page 2 Empty Re: :::Chaotic Anatomy:::

Post by Kaislynn Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:37 am

"Shhh..." Abel pulled Vasha down inside an enclosed space. Their breathing echoed loudly to her ears. She listened and heard someone walking on a sheet of metal. Was this what they were hiding from? A wave of fear washed over her and she began to shake, feeling the isolation of her blindness. She barely breathed. She'd forgotten completely about her ability. Abel was still next to her but her world seemed to have shrunk to her own body. The slightly scratchy press of her clothing against her too sensitive skin. Her bangs sticking to her forehead in the left over heat from the previous day. Her breath shuddering out of her mouth. Wherever they were hiding smelled like vomit.

Vasha wrapped her arms around herself and listened. The steps quickened and there was a bang. She ducked her head and bit back a whimper.

"I see you." a brief, sick chuckle followed. Vasha's skin cooled and she shut her eyes tight then stretched them open. Darkness. She saw nothing. Gunfire exploded into the space and she bit her bottom lip.

"Vasha, I need you to sift through these things and find him for me, so I can kill him... Before he tries to kill us." Abel.

"I don't know if I, if I can, I--I" Panic pushed against her temples and her heartbeat felt like fireworks. The silence after her admission was broken with a gunshot and another scurry of those steps. He needed her to push. Just push Vasha, it seemed like such a mammoth task! Vasha ducked down and put her hands on the ground. Two of her fingers hit something wet. Her skin crawled. Just push. Seconds were going down the drain and she knew she needed to act! She listened for Abel . . .

And pushed. The push was stronger than she'd intended. The small vendor smashed to the ground and debris scraped along the concrete. The sound was too much and Vasha quit pushing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she whispered.

Frantically she tried to build maps in her head. But building the area was about all she could do and it was an incomplete picture caused by her uncontrolled burst. She needed to push again. Her hands shook from adrenalin.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2