FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi Empty Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi

Post by Drunut Sun May 31, 2009 12:39 am

This Idea has been bouncing around in my head for a long time, and I figure it's about time I get some people doing it. Also, it's my first serious effort at DMing, so cut me a little slack if I seem a bit disorganized.

Story
This is split into seperate parts.

Pt.1-The Gathering<-----Current
Pt.2-The Despair
Pt.3-The Redemption
Pt.4-The Savior

General Story:

Flatworld was a world floating in the midst of space. On it live the Gimigi, who are peaceful creatures oblivious to other happenings. One day they are discovered by the inhabitants of Jaundiced-World (J-world) who subsequently enslave the Gimigi, selling them to the other worlds, and suck all the resources out of the land. Some Gimigi, however, have resisted the Off-worlders and formed a resistance group to defeat J-world. Other Gimigi have not been able to cope, and became abominations prowling the surface for food. Only coming out at dusk to hunt. The resistance has only just begun though. Soon the conflict will escalate, and the fighting will change the fate of all the worlds. Wether it be for better or worse.

Flatworld: Is just that. It's a flat rectangle of a world inhabited by the Gimigi. It was composed of lush woods and rolling hills of grass, but now it is a barren wasteland.
---Gimigi: Gimigi small lemming-like creatures who are agriculturaly inclined. However, other worlds are using them as slaves and workers. Forcing them to adapt to the hard lifestyle.

Other Worlds:These are the other worlds in the galaxy and include:
---Round World: Round world is very similar to earth in the 1900's. Gimigi are used as slaves in Round-world. It is closest to Flat-world.
---High World: The abode of Archons, keepers of equality and justice. They are at odds with low world and do not enslave Gimigi. High world is referred to by some as Heaven
---Mid-world: Mid-world is a world caught between the ongoing conflict of High and Low world. They are in a period of time similar to our Dark-ages. Kings and queens rule with Knights to carry out their work. Gimigi are used as slaves here, and the people are highly superstitious.
---Low World: Low-world is the abode of Hellions. They are constantly at war with the Archons. Their world is closest described as Hell.
---Equal World: Equal world is one of the two Worlds to reach it's peak evolution. Everyone on Equal world is treated as equal. No one person is more important than another, and every decision made is made to benefit everyone. Anyone who is not 'equal' is hunted down by the Impartial Imperators, a task force that is authorized to kill or detain anyone who disturbs the balance of the world.
---Jaundiced-world: Is the other world to reach it's peak, this time becoming extremely biased and their technology could be considered steam punk. J-world also influences all the other worlds. A polar opposite to Equal World, J-world is a place where no man is equal. If you do your job you are praised. If you do not, you are punished. J-world was the first world to discover Flat-world and was the first to send slavers down to Traffick Gimigi and sell them to the other worlds. It is ruled by a as of yet undefined Emperor. Who through his words convinces the generations that Gimigi are vile blood-thirsty cannibals.

(I can go into more detail on the worlds as is needed.)

So you will have to have your character either as an off-worlder (can be for or against J-world etc.) or a Gimigi (Freedom fighter or Slave.) I do have a story in mind for this, and it does mainly focus on the conflict between the Gimigi and J-world. I may make other Rp's that deal with other conflicts within the Flatworld universe. I do have a character in mind, and am willing to stretch pretty far in terms of limits on characters (no superpowers please.)

Character Sheet

Name:
Personality:
Background:
Other:

Hope you are excited for this! I have had the idea for this world in my head for a long time and have little snippets here and there as I have thought of them. If any clarification is needed, I can give it.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi Empty Re: Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi

Post by Kaislynn Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 am

Dru, this is spiffy fabulous! I love the different worlds idea! And having their names so simple but being indicative of much more complex things within them is clever! I really like this. I'm curious about how beings move between worlds and how the galaxy is set up: i.e. portals or space ships? Is this a combination mystical/machine galaxy? And the differences between the cultures that inhabit the different worlds and the clash/influencing there-in could be spectacular! I wish I wasn't already full up on rps! >< >< ><

Random extra question: Have you read the Poison Master? It's kind of a steam punk/sci-fi novel. Your idea made me think of it. It combines different creatures/different worlds/ and earth time periods with some mysticism involved but not in a high-fantasy or "magic" way. Really good book.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi Empty Re: Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi

Post by Drunut Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 am

First, thanks! I'm glad you like it. The galaxy is set up in clusters, and each cluster is just a number of worlds that are very close to each other. Theres the Architect Cluster, which is made up of Flat and Round world, the Elevation Cluster, made up of High mid and low world, and the Cluster Quintessence , made up of Equal and Jaundiced world.

Jaundiced world used to go to other planets through free-range spaceships requiring constant pilot input to stay on course. Nowadays though, there are two options. One is to have your own worldship to move inbetween worlds, and a possible Omni-drive to move between systems, or use installations set up by J-world between planets called "System Launchers". They shoot a cart with passangers, supplies etc. out at high speeds at "Transits" and "Catchers". Transits alter the course of a cart to match up with a Catcher, who catches the cart when it reaches it's destination.

The Worldships are not extremely advanced. Don't think high-tech here. Maybe the highest you can get is something like the Firefly (in "Firefly" Doh). Personal System and world travel is very much a "new" technology, so people tend to use the Transit system. Only someone who had a good pilot would be able to fly in one safely.

Lastly, no I haven't read that book. But it does sound good. Uncanny i must say though.O_o And I might just add some 'subtle' magic here and there. Hmm though it would be expected. (Archons and Hellions have some powers, Gimigi have their deities etc.)
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun May 31, 2009 11:52 am

I like this a lot! I'll be taking a short while to think up a character, but this is pretty cool :-)
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Thanks! I'll have my Character up a bit later (having some writers block with him.) and then when we get a few more people I can start it up.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun May 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi Womanwarrior

Name: Allira Pure // "Alli" for short

Appearance: (Shown above) Alli stands a lean and dusty tan height of 5'7, with many odd symbolic tattoos tracing over her body. She has long spirals of black messy hair down to the small of her back. Her eyes are one shade away from white, and are tinted just barely in a tone of green with flecks of silver like tiny bits of shrapnel. She wears little armor (or even clothes) due to the heat on Low World and as well the freedom of movement her clothes offer.
Clothes match the picture except for the gauntlet, shoulder piece, and little bone skull piece at her neck/chest.

Personality: Quiet and mysterious, too kind to truly be from Low-World. Alli is always confusing, yet never weak. What she wants you to think of her, you will surely end up thinking. A lot of times she twists herself and pretends to be cruel to keep others from wanting to know who she really is.

Background: Alli was born on the High World, and thus is an Archon. But in the midst of the war that wages between High World and Low World, Alli was captured by Hellions at a very young age. And from there, she was taken to Low World, and trained to act like a Hellion in every way.
-
In the years that passed her, much tragedy was bestowed to her path. Be it the tragedy of a love gone wrong, as well as the truth about her being. The tragedy of having to kill Archons who might be her parents' friends, or family even. To live in a world with little or no understanding of the truth.
-
Now the woman survives, flitting along her way in this hellish place, creating a journey in her heart that would lead her back to her parents, and her rightful belonging.

Other:
-Alli wields 2 long thin blades of silver with a black leather handles called 'Furon' and 'Deron'.
-Alli possesses a ring of a white band with a diamond upon it laced with small sapphires, a ring from her mother of the High World.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Yeah, you is now SOOPER ACSEPTED!!

(sorry about the delay thingy, Finals and such X( )
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 pm

thankies!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Goody good good... yeeees. Veeeeery goood...

Anyways i'll have my character up in a bit and then we just need some more people (and if noone comes soon, we can just start up and have people coming later, or move this to 1x1 it would work both ways.)
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm

XD true true.

Awesome, can't wait!
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm

Just realized it's been forever and my character wasn't even up... DON'T KILL ME PLEASE. X|

Name: Hiro Partial
Appearance:
(Picture coming soon)
Hiro is lean (training) and of fair skin. He has Blonde hair, Blue eyes, and never goes anywhere without his Adjustable Aperture goggles (see here ) When in casual company he wears a simple tunic, his red jacket (signifying his rank to others.) and heavy boots. When in formal company he tries to wear a good waistcaot and slacks (at least.)
Personality: Hiro is generally good-spirited. He has a sense of humor and often acts care-free. But that's only when he's not working. He takes his job very seriously and would never mess around when something is asked of him.
Background: When Hiro was young both his parents were killed off-world. Other than that though, he hasn't really done much else. He went to school, and afterwards trained at the J-world military academy. And has been sent on an off-world mission to Flatworld.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Lol I'm not going to kill you XD

Nice character by the way.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks, thought things might be a little slow as I have a lot of RL stuff going on (thus the delay.). If you want we can begin though, I'll leave it as your choice.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm

If you would feel up to opening it, sure, I wouldn't mind beginning.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 pm

Starting without ME? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. You guys are acting like the universe could function without me! How silly. Everyone knows I make the sun rise (or the earth turn, whatever) each morning!

Here's a third character for you to accept/reject at your leisure. Also, can I call you Donut? (I kid, I kid!)

Name: Samael
Appearance:
Samael has intense, piercing eyes deeply sunken under his strong eyebrows. They are pale, almost colorless, and often disconcerting for those unfamiliar with him. His face is thin without being angular, and while his build is tall and thin he is far from weak. His grueling rate of physical activity keep his body perfectly fit for his bloody work. A huge black feathered wing juts out of his right shoulder, useless for flight or even gliding. Samael uses it for balance almost as he would use a tail, but otherwise keeps it folded against his back like a cape, or wraps it around his body like a feathered robe.
Personality:
"Sadism" and "mockery" describe Samael's demeanor best. He is a hunter through and through, but a hunter who toys with his prey. He holds no strong personal convictions, not necessarily because he doesn't care, but because it's never even occurred to him to care. He has little to no conception of other being as people, or of their rights. He is intelligent, but single-minded. Because he has never seen anything else, he behaves like any bloodthirsty mercenary would. Samael is, in truth, a very insecure, very naive man.
Background:
Samael is the "Angel of Death," a hellion swordsman from the Low World specializing in one-on-one duels. His dogged single-mindedness nurtured a formidable and deadly skill in him at the same time as it kept him stunted to nothing more than a tool of the "Lower-Downs" that commanded him. He refuses to fight against more than two men, citing professional pride but secretly fearing the unknown potential of loss in battle. Death leaves him unimpressed; danger excites him, but the possibility of defeat leaves him trembling inwardly, no matter how much he might sneer on the surface.
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Accepted, but for future reference, I would prefer to have people other than from High or Low world. I know Angels/Devils are tempting but still...
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm

I'm curious about the specific different characteristics between the different inhabitants of the worlds. For example Gimigi are lemming-like, but are the others more human-like or basically human. That's all I would like to know and I will definitely post a profile. This is very interesting. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Sure I can give you basic info on the other races! It's just I've been really busy (Trips, computer issues etc.) so I haven't really got things running with this.

Gimigi- Small and lemming-like. Not much to say. Though they do have short fur.

High world residents- Like humans, but they tend to be taller and slimmer than most. HW residents who have taken the mantle of protectors of life become Angels. Angels consistently have a glow about them and posses large white wings that allow them to fly. Most angels hover above the ground.

Low world residents- Most low world residents fall into two categories, either tall yet sickeningly thin, or short and fat but all of them posses small horns (usually theres hair in the way so it's not visible anyways. LWorlders who have fallen to a particular low and vowed to oppose HW become devils/demons. Once that has happened they grow dark wings and devils in particular posses large horns.

Mid-world inhabitants- Every one of them are human. 100%.

Equal world residents- they look too human. Something about their perfect bodies makes people uneasy. It's almost like they are trying to be human and excelling far too much. They're too perfect.

J-world inhabitants- J-worlder's are exactly the same as humans. Much like Mid-world. They have simply been around longer.

Of course just because natural High worlders are lean doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. There are some portly HWorlders and lean and fit LWorlders. And you do find mixing ethnicity in worlds. The only exceptions is E-world. Everyone in E-world has exactly the same body. The only way to tell them apart is by face.

Answer your question? if it's too confusing I can clarify.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:42 pm

No, that was very helpful, though I am curious if the Gimigi are like humans or basically animals.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Leaning more towards them being more like animals. A humanoid lemming (the animal. Not the character in Lemmings.) If it makes it easier, Hamsters are close relatives of lemmings. Lemmings are just cuter.

Basically they're short, they're stout and they have big ears.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Omni-worlds: The battle of the Gimigi Our_Mistress_by_AnIvorySoul

Name: Clarissa Louis Estali

Appearance: Clarissa stands at an impressive height of 5'9" and weighs about 120 lbs. With a fierce, cold stare, she hardly has an inviting look, but her body is fairly well curved. She generally wears what is pictured above, though of various colors and slightly different stylings, as well as skirts that usually match the fabric underneath the collar. When she is doing some hard work she usually opts for pants similar to the skirts.

Personality: Clarissa is a cold-hearted, self-centered, vile woman with a soul as black as pitch. She sees other people as nothing more then ways for her to make money. Of course this has nothing to with her race, basically it is because of her father and his drive for the best. She had to harden herself to face him and his ways and was twisted into someone cruel.

Of course Clarissa never shows others this side of her. Depending on the people around her they may see a serious business woman, a cruel mistress, or a stern boss. Her true personality is only shown when she is upset and those who have seen it know that making her upset is not a good thing.

Background: Clarissa was born on J-world. Her father was an expert slaver and was renown for his work. He too was a cruel man who saw people as only objects, even his own kin. Clarissa had an older brother who was trying to take over the business, but the father wanted them both to strive for it, creating a fierce and heartless competition between her brother and her. In the end it came down to who was more proficient at the work and her brother could do the work perfectly, but he wasn't as adapt at business as she was. Plus she had several assets that played in her favor.

Clarissa took over the business after her father's "mysterious" death and has spread the business to several worlds that are willing to pay a high price. She is practically monopolizing the slave industry, but some competitors have risen and she hopes to quash them quickly so that she can completely rule the slave trade.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Oooo, accepted. I guess you're gonna be a "villian"?
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:24 am

Of course. I love playing a villain.
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 am

Hey Dru, I probably won't be able to put up a character sheet for a while has this moved to IC yet? Could I join at a later point? OO
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 am

No, it hasn't quite moved to IC. If it would take you a few days to get a character up it would be OK.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Literate Angel Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

When is the IC going to be up? Simply curious and eager for this to start. :3
The Literate Angel
The Literate Angel
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Yes, well that's where I'm finding problems. There are a few places where I could start, but not many places where I could start the story and make it easy/plausible for the other characters to appear.
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:03 am

Name: Tostsh Aw'dar
Race: Gimigi
Appearance

Personality: Tostsh is a firebrand. He is loyal above all to freedom. The sword he carries is one that he took from a J-Slaver that he killed. It is of Archon make. The Ax he carries is less fancy and more brutish: it is the weapon that he made himself and fashioned over time in his militia career. Tostsh has begun to loosen up toward life after being mentored by Dan'on for years but he is still very hard and focused. He likes carrots and loves Gimigi music.

Bio: Even as a young Gimigi, Tostsh was a fighter. He pretended to do battle constantly. Wrestling with his siblings and thrill-seeking; his devil-may care attitude worried his mother. When Tostsh was still young, his family was equally slaughtered and abducted into slavery by J-world slavers. Unlike most Gimigi, his immediate reaction was to seek revenge. He joined a guerilla Gimigi group and established himself as a j-slaver killer. Years later he met Dan'on, the leader of the majority of the Gimigi resistance. It changed his life. Dan'on has been a mentor to Tostsh ever since. The young Gimigi has risen up to second in command of the resitance on Flat World.

Other: He only knows of two siblings being alive--twins who were 8 when they were taken: Kyn (f) and Kain (m). Someday, in wild imaginings, Tostsh dreams of freeing them. The other siblings were mostly slaughtered while the family attempted to defend itself. But the youngest five were taken. Kyn and Kain were the oldest of those taken and have the best chance of survival. They would be twenty now.

Also Tostsh has a deep mistrust of off-worlders i.e. non-Gimigi.

((Hope this is ok?))
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunut Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:06 pm

It's great! Good to have someone (finally) making a Gimigi character!High Five I'm interested to see how we will work with the other characters with that aggressive xenophobia.

Anyways, I know what to do now so the IC shouldn't be long in coming. No promises though. I'm still a recluse Good Night
Drunut
Drunut
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Very Happy Very Happy yay!!!

Me too! Can't wait. I was really struggling to figure out a character that would fit in when I finally though hey! we need a gimigi! and I love him Very Happy *huggles Tostsh, much to his displeasure* :p

Hurry up with the IC Very Happy
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next