FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Muse

2 posters

Go down

Battle Muse Empty Battle Muse

Post by YenWen Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Those of you who have been introduced to me know that I have a sick obsession with mythology, especially Greek mythology, so a lot of my ideas surround those concepts. Here's the jest, and I'd like some help and development on it:

The muses have, throughout history, influenced the greatest minds of our time. Poets, inventors, sculptors, painters, and everyone who has ever had a creative thought. They've even influenced you as you thought of what special thing to do for your special someone on Valentine's day, or how to get the A you rightly deserved on your science project. They've done so much to help us develop, but at the same time, helped us destroy ourselves. Of course they've always thought they deserved more than what they've gotten, but it was never their place to complain.
Zeus, king of the Gods of Greek, has decided to hold a competition for these beauties of creativity. He will take but one into his pantheon and make her the Queen of her once fellow muses. He will have them compete for his affections, whoever can give him the most splendid example of their work will win. The reward is so tempting, those of other followings are getting in on it. There are so many of them, however. The classic Muses of the Greeks, Völva of the Norse, and the Asparas of India.
However, all these women competing for one wonderful goal is bound to have some... dirty players. Consider women of normal proportion simply fighting over a job position. Multiply that by godly proportions and you have: Battle Muse.

Interests and ideas?

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Battle Muse Empty Re: Battle Muse

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 am

I am moderatly interested in this type of roleplay. I think it could inspire all sorts of creative writing. The only thing I am not 100% sold on is the competing for Zeus' favor. I can work within those parameters, but I think I;d rather it sort of a friendly (or not so friendly) bet amongst the muses to inspire the best idea, or pehaps a world changing idea.

Not to run away with your idea, but I thought of a few different things to add, or take away. Let me know what you think of the following.

- Players take control of one of the muses. We can create humans to act on our inspirations, and the impact our ideas have on the world. Humans have no free will, they are compelled to act on any idea the muse gives them. In other words, divine inspiration. (Or they have limited free will. Or act on ideas to the best of their ability. Or a mix of the above.)

- The muses actually inspire a potentially dangerous idea that changes the face of the world. (Religious, technological, otherwise).

- Can potentially have two RPs, the first being the creation of the idea, the second being the effects of the idea on the world.

That's all I have for now. Bounce some more ideas back at me. What do you think?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Sorry, had a sick spell.

The reason I used the reward of Zeus were for a few reasons: 1. He's known to be one for pitting others against each other and 2. The bigger, more influencing prize will more likely get others to compete, especially from other regions, unless it's specifically more a race-thing, saying "We Greeks are surely more inspiring than any of you others!". The main idea came from considering how dirty women can play in competition, which would imply trickery and other bad-sportsmanship throughout the competition, not to mention how the actual competition will eventually create a new apocalypse, most likely.

I do, however, like the idea of expanding the roleplay into a second later on.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Okay, I can work with that. Just one question, will the humans in this world be able to act on their own, or basically be 'controlled' by the Muses' influences?
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Well, the idea was to focus on the Muses specifically, for this roleplay. But, in a sequel-type roleplay, I'd think it'd be in the human perspective.

YenWen
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 am

Okay. Hopefully this can get some more interest.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YenWen Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Yes, I do too.

PEOPLE NEED TO BE REPLYIN' SO I CAN BE GETTIN' MY MUSE ON >:<

YenWen
Spectral Light