FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Camaraderie

+4
Gunneh
Eternity
Gadreille
The Melancholy Spirit
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eternal Camaraderie Empty Eternal Camaraderie

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:51 pm

“The more you leave the less you lose.”

Revised version of an old collaboration idea between myself and Gunneh that revolves around the general idea/theme of the quote above, taken from a movie I watched the other day. The premise is a group of people in their early twenties in a small town that start to succumb to such an ideology. They are each remotely friends with each other, though in truth only because they are a handful of the very few people their own age still in town. Basically, there ‘friendships’ are a necessity to keep some connection to humanity and nothing more.

One of these characters has a slightly older brother, whom he hasn’t seen or hardly heard from in the past seven years. These two characters will be played by myself and Gunneh. The story begins with the older brother returning unannounced one day. He is a vagabond, wandering from place to place and never staying for very long, very set in the ideology of the previously mentioned quote. There was never a thought in his head of staying to long, he was just going to stay for a few days to see his family and gather a few old belongings.

However, unexpected things begin to unfold and his younger brother strikes up an idea. There is a double-decker bus in his parents’ yard that he lives in, used to belong to his brother who had put a lot of effort into making it a livable vehicle; after leaving it was passed down and since then the younger of the brothers has put his own effort into making it more ‘luxurious’. This is what lies at the heart of the plot, a bus full of different people who formed mock friendships out of desperation on an unplanned trip across the country.

What happens along the way is open-ended to obtain a sense of realism, and anyone is free to add something to the plot such as a destination and so forth. The goal is that they end up forming a true bond with each other and become a sort of strange motley ‘family’ per se. Focusing entirely on character progression anything is free to take place. Dark aspects of reality welcomed with vigor.

Only real requirement is that the characters are well thought out, more than one-dimensional, and between the ages of 20-23. Any questions are welcome.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Eternal Camaraderie Empty Re: Eternal Camaraderie

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 am

Name:
Sebastian Aleksei LaBrie

Date of Birth:
November 23rd, 1984.

Appearance:
Eternal Camaraderie Jyrki1

Additional Images:
Recent: http://www.69eyes.us/jyrki90.jpg
Last picture before he left town: http://www.metalteamuk.net/features/Jyrki_int_2.jpg

Personality/Biography:
A mystery to most people who know the name, Aleksei is a reclusive individual who seeks solace in solitude and is consumed with wanderlust. He has long been a drinker and smoker, though was never seen at any parties when still in town. Oft time’s people would chance upon him sitting on a billboard, water tower, or wandering the train tracks with a cigarette and a bottle of liquor. Many adults labeled him as the burnout and advised the younger teenagers in town not to end up like the freak. If there is anything people would remember him for, other than being the older brother of Thomas LaBrie, were the moments when he would go into church and sit in the front pew, constantly asking the minister provocative questions about his sermons. Despite contrary believe he was always sober during these occasions.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 am

Eternal Camaraderie Summer-glau-terminator-chronicle-1

Character Name:
Ella Sumter

Date of Birth:
October 12th, 1987

Personality/ Biography:
Ella is quiet and reclusive, but will come out of her shell if someone strikes up a conversation with her. She doesn’t fit in well with most people, having far off ideologies that she doesn’t talk about to avoid confrontation. She’s a social drinker and occasionally smokes a joint, and she deals marijuana on the side for extra cash. She has a legitimate job at a small book store, which she loves. She is smart, and strengthens her knowledge by reading constantly. She’s a total daydreamer, spending much of her spare time writing random thoughts in an old, beaten up leather bound journal. She was taking online courses through a nearby college, but she doesn’t have the means to commute there. In order to finish the degree she’d have to move, but doesn’t have the motivation nor financial means to go out on her own. She had a high school sweetheart, who upon graduation left for the marines despite her begging him to stay. Every year he returns home on leave, but she refuses to see him, her heart still broken. Next year would technically be his last year of service, and she isn’t sure if she is more afraid that he will move back home for good, or never come back again.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:50 am

Sorry for double posting!

Are we waiting on more people? If so, perhaps we should do an interest check.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 pm

No worries.

'Tis a good idea, I'd figured at least Gunneh would have gotten something up by now since I haven't been home for a few days but...obviously not. I'll work on it later on today.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Gunneh...

WTF
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm in. Making a character now. XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:54 pm

YES! About freaking time we get somebody. Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Appearance:
Eternal Camaraderie Purple10

Name:
Victoria Woltz / "Vix"

Date of Birth:
February 18, 1988

Personality/Bio:
The High School wild child, with no doubts behind that at all. If one were to count all the crimes she's committed, they'd have to use both hands and most of their toes. She's now out of school, but that hasn't changed a thing. She took her GED six months before she could've been graduating due to her addiction to several trippy drugs that kept her occupied. Vix was an acid user, and though she isn't now, it's evident in her behavior. A lot of times, Vix hears voices or has soft ''trips'' where the acid has never left her brain. She's a quirky person, who's a bit paranoid, but overall 'good'. She's always outspoken, and has learned to ignore, and possibly even despise, the modern society around her. She's been to jail recently for about an overnight stay due to a drunk driving charge, but it's nothing harsh. When she was released, she returned to her mother's old shack- a trailer that sits on the side of the road and has spray-paint tags all over it. She makes a living by under-the-counter means on her free days (these means being just about anything she feels up to), and working as a hotel maid during the week days.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Tonight...later tonight, but still.

I promise ^_^
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Appearance:
Eternal Camaraderie Emo__s_do_Smile__by_RainKira

Name: Thomas Erik LaBrie

D.o.B.: October 31, 1987

Personality/Biography: Being raised by a French doctor and a Southern Belle had been good for both of the LaBrie brothers, sometimes even preempting the bad feelings towards Aleksei. Truth is, when you're well spoken and you've got good manners, you become the most parentally acceptable person the God ever blew breath into, and Thomas used that to his advantage. He was a ladie's man all through high school, dating girl after girl and never having to worry about a lack of attention from the fairer sex. He thought that when he got into college things would be even better, but no girls seemed to have any interest in a musically inclined English major. Plus, his grades started slipping, so he decided to takes some time off and withdrew from his classes. To pass the time, he started working on the double-decker that Aleksei had once lived in, getting it ready for something.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 am

Alrighty, if you guys are wanting more people let me know. *pulls out whip* I'll round up some more Muhaha
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:48 am

May I make another character? May I make two more characters? CAN I HAVE AN ARSENAL OF CHARACTERS?!

I joke.

But may I have at least one more? I've got a few bubbling ideas...
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I can't answer that...but I can ask...

May I have another character too? XD
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:38 pm

HAHAHA if me and Ryona make another character, can we start the rp?!?!?! LOLZ

That was a marvelous question in my personal opinion.

The character I want to make is going to be nicknamed "Wolf", who use to sell drugs, but cleaned up his senior year and got into an early graduation program that got him on into college. So he'll be the one who got Victoria on drugs, but he's done better with his life than she has. Idk.

Just something I've been brainstorming.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Well at the end of the trip, I'd like her to run into her long lost boyfriend stationed there...and have him be all...married with a kid on the way ^_^

But I also want to make another dude, someone with a mental disorder that keeps him from being able to work a normal job...haven't picked the disorder yet though. Something a bit more serious than ADHD but not so out there as Schizophrenia.

Last edited by Ryona Noel on Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Ooo, I'm good at disorders. Maybe he has:

-brain cancer
-Epilepsy
-Severe to medium Paranoia
-Light Autophagia (to bite/scratch one's own skin off, usually caused by sexual anxiety or schizophrenia, or both)
-Autism
-Bipolar
-BPD (Brief Psychotic Disorder- short flashes or temporary onsets of symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, hearing voices/noises, etc. This can be caused by multiple things ((bad/violent childhood, drug abuse, sexual abuse, etc.))... )
-Delirium (acute and debilitating decline in attention/focus, cognition, and perception. Causes hallucinations and delusions, that are somewhat often yet not very vicious or bad ((unless it's severe Delirium)). This is caused by the disruption of neurons in the cerebral cortex, but can also be caused by a disease/virus that is taking over the same area).
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks Eternity!

I'm thinking either BPD or Delirium, depending on how I shape his background.

Erm, If I can make him. Smile

Edit: Definitely Delirium.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Lol, you're welcome. I keep a giant list of mental disorders in a WordPad document so that when I go to make interesting and unique characters, I can sometimes spruce them up XD
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:18 pm

EDITED!!! Look below for edit.

Last edited by Kædai on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 am

K, original creators, we need a yay or nay on the dual character question...

and an intro post ^_^
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Damn...

Figures that this is what happens when the site starts taking forever to load. ~laughs~

All right, well I'll get in contact with Gunneh as soon as I can to discuss a few things with him and then get back to you about that query.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Aw, I hope the site works for you soon! I've been itching for this RP to start Smile
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:37 am

Soon, guys! TMS and I were discussing it last night in the IRC. Here's the verdict on the multiple characters, though: It's fine to play more than one, but we'd prefer if you waited for a little while before you introduced your second. Sound good?
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpan Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Hmmm.

Let me see if I can think of something.
Deadpan
Deadpan
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadpan Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Spoiler:

Warning: Huge image.

Name; Geoffry Richard Haggerston IV

Born; February 18th, 1986

Personal History;
Geoff was born into a fairly wealthy family. Scratch that. Geoff's parents are fuckin' loaded. His mother is an heiress to a diamond fortune in South Africa, and his father is a CEO of RBS. As such, Geoff grew up lacking nothing but human contact. His parents had no interest in their children; they were far more likely to go sailing for a month on their yacht than to come to a little league game. So Geoff grew up the same way - emotionally unavailable. His younger sister couldn't even reach him. He made his own path in life, and started dealing drugs at the age of 14. Was prosecuted for his first felony at 17, released on bail and found innocent thanks to the best legal team money could buy. Daddy Haggerston didn't give a damn about his son staying out of jail, of course, he just didn't want his own name sullied.

Geoff kept on dealing until the age of 22, where a near-death experience made him stop and think. He realised that he had never had any friends, no companions, no family. He never learned how. He's now starting from step 1, and trying to learn how to love. But some old habits die hard.
Deadpan
Deadpan
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kædai Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:40 pm

Alright, I KNOW you requested that we introduce our second characters later, but I've already thought out interactions between my two, and they're an integral part of each other. So, I'm sorry, but one really cannot exist without the other. I hope that's acceptable.

Name:
Christopher Thomas Kane

Date of Birth:
December 2nd, 1989.

Appearance:
Eternal Camaraderie CTKBlack3

Additional Images:
Misc. Picture 1
Misc. Picture 2

Personality/Biography:
Christopher is a loner. Plain and simple. He's always been alone, ever since his parents died in a car accident when he was four. He was raised in foster care, moving from family to family until the age of 16, when he began working several different jobs to pay for an apartment. At 17, he met Melissa one day while walking about the city, and the friends soon kicked off a close friendship. When he was 19, she moved into Christopher’s apartment after leaving her parent’s house for both personal and schooling reasons. They have been living together ever since.

Christopher is highly intelligent, and is self-taught to a college-graduate level, and is still studying. He is highly determined to be the very best he can be, and is a very hard worker. Brave and loyal, Christopher is kind at heart, and helps everyone he can. However, he is very shy, and almost never speaks. Many believe him mute, but Melissa knows he isn’t.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
Melissa Kaitlin Rynso

Date of Birth:
April 17th, 1989.

Appearance:
Eternal Camaraderie MKRWhite1

Additional Images:
Misc. Picture
(She likes to take black-and-white pictures. Women...Rolling Eyes )

Personality/Biography:
Melissa grew up in a rather cozy home, in the upper side of the city. Her family wasn’t rich, but was fairly-well off. She always made good grades in school, and was a very successful student. However, during her Junior year of high school, her parents began fighting. Her father would often come home drunk, and would beat her and her mother. Melissa left the household to live with Chris, but even then, her father pursued her. Eventually, her father was thrown in jail after beating her mother nearly to death. Melissa’s mother died two years later of complications.

She attends a small local college in the city, and is studying to become an actress. She has starred in almost ever, and is studying to become an actor. She has starred in almost ever school play since the first grade, and once landed a job as a minor role in a small-time movie. But the experience was joyous for Melissa, and she resolved to become a famous actress.

Melissa is something of a paradox. She is fiercely independent, yet relies on Christopher for everything. She is highly determined, yet it doesn’t take much to make her stray from her path. She is honest, though what she says must be taken with a grain of sand. It is exactly this trait, this puzzling yet funny attribute, that first made Christopher and Melissa close friends.
Kædai
Kædai
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunneh Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

In case you didn't notice, the IC is up. Deadpan, you're accepted and Kae...You might be alright on introducing your second right off, but I'll have to check with TMS.
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Hahaha, I love my character already. She should be so much fun XD

And I'm excited about this, can't wait for it to really take off. I'm sure it will too, I know how Gunny is with anything involving sex and road trips LOL!

Sorry Gunny, the cat's out the bag.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Hopefully I can up the crazy... Razz
Gadreille
Gadreille