FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside)

5 posters

Go down

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Empty Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside)

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 am

Eternal Camaraderie is a revised (again) version of an old collaboration idea between myself and Gunneh. The concept of this role-play is a group of youths in a small town with nothing important going on in life. Call them deadbeats, burnouts, washouts, whatever you will. They have their reasons for life being stagnant for them, and have formed a group oriented friendship that in some ways is purely for some level of connection to humanity.

One of these characters (played by Gunneh) has an older brother (played by myself) whom he hasn’t seen or hardly heard from in the past five years. The story technically beings with the older brother returning unannounced one day. He is a vagabond, having spent the past years wandering from one place to the next, never staying in one area for very long. What little his younger brother knows is that he has been involved in several short lived, often feud filled, musical endeavors. There was never a thought in his head of remaining home for too long, having only decided to stop in to see the family for a few days and gather a few old belongings.

Two days after his arrival, however, his younger brother strikes an idea. Thee is a double-decker bus in their parents’ yard that he lives in, which used to belong to the older brother who had put a lot of effort into making it a livable vehicle; after leaving it was passed down and since the younger of the brothers has put his own effort into making it more ‘luxurious’. This is what lies at the heart of the plot, a bus full of different people who form a mock friend out of desperation on an unplanned trip across the country.

What happens along the way is open-ended to obtain a sense of realism, and anyone is free to, in fact encourage, to add something to the plot such as destination, twist, drama, and so forth. The goal is that they end up forming true bonds with each other and become a sort of strange motley ‘family’ per se. Focusing entirely on character progression anything is free to take place. Dark aspects of reality welcome with vigor.

Requirements are pretty simple. Characters between the ages of eighteen and twenty five and we would appreciate if you were to play as an exaggerated version of yourself. What do I mean by this? Your personality, just in an exaggerated form so it isn’t entirely ‘you’ but really close. Blow some things our of proportion, lessen others, but more or less you. Other than that, age, name, history, appearance, is all fictional.

This will start out with a few select people, after which it will be request-to-join and you can send either myself or Gunneh a private message with the request, where it will be discussed and determined.

Thanks for your time, any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by The Melancholy Spirit on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Empty Re: Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside)

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:15 am

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Johan%20Husgafvel

Name:
Maurizio LaBrie

Biography:
Born the elder of the two brothers, Maurizio much of his time at home in seclusion. As a child, with vast imagination and creativity, he was content and happy to be isolated from the others most of the time. As with his brother, Maurizio was taught to music from an early age. The first instrument he was played was cello, which progressed in an electric bass in his early teen years – though he still professes a great love for cello. Though not as known to the others of the town as his skill in music, Maurizio was an avid writer as well. Both children were labeled ‘gifted’ by certain members of the community, whether or not it true. Maurizio loathed the title as he grew older, subject to his own severe criticism of his creative talents.

Further into his teens was when he started to truly distance himself from all but a select few, and even they hardly saw him outside of school. It was then that his hair started growing out and he first started getting piecings. His musical tastes involved to be vastly different from his peers, as did his tastes for art, interesting in subjects of knowledge, and his outlooks on life in general.

Often Maurizio labeled himself as a free spirit, and would admit to being a deadbeat with none of the ambitions other kids had. He didn’t have goals for college or a good paying job. He once spoke to the high school counselor of how he would prefer to leave everything behind and become a vagabond than to be stuck in the drudgery of the contemporary “American Dream” lifestyle. The only other people he ever expressed this two were his brother, and the only true friend he had; Amelia. She, however, did have ambitions for such a life and left a week after graduation. After a week filled with the worse depression he could remember being in, Maurizio took a small bag of clothing and personal belongings, as well as one his bass guitars, and left early in the morning leaving separate notes behind for his parents and Thomas.

Maurizio didn’t have any form of technology really, aside from a few MP3 players filled with the mass amount of music from various genres he couldn’t live without. No phone, no laptop; nothing. He lost contact with his family, due to the fact he was either never in one place for too long or never left a return address on the twice-monthly letters he would send to them, always one for each person.

Last edited by The Melancholy Spirit on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Empty Re: Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside)

Post by Gunneh Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 am

Name/Appearance: Thomas Erik LaBrie
Personality: Out of the infamous LaBrie brothers, Thomas has always been more of the extrovert, never failing to get his name out into the public in some manner, whether it be through school clubs, music or something else. Be that as it may, he's always cared for his brother probably more than any other person close to him.

Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:40 am

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Tumblr_l5xrhjj9fW1qa1eljo1_500_thumb

Name:
Quinn Murphy

Biography:

Quinn led a simple life as a child. She was the eldest of six in an extremely strict Irish-Catholic family. Her family was extremely poor, and they had to go without most things; however, her parents did let her have one joy in life: art. From the age of seven, Quinn took lessons in violin and piano and showed great promise. For years, she practiced and became better and better. Then came time for middle school. She used her musical talents to acquire a scholarship to a small music academy. The change of pace allowed Quinn to blossom, becoming one of the best students at the academy. Her fame stretched across states to New York, where the school of Juilliard was. She was going to make music her career, at least that is what she hoped.

However, the powers at be had a different plan for her. A car accident on a stereotypical dark and stormy night began her fall from grace. With a broken back, among other injuries, Quinn was in the hospital for six months. Once out of the hospital, she planned to go back to school, but an addiction plagued her life. She had become addicted to the pain pills that allowed her to live a normal life. Dropping out of school, she enrolled herself in a rehabilitation center. Come to find out, her addiction was not the worst of her problems. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer while in rehab. The chemotherapy ravaged her body, and almost destroyed her.

A year later, with a clean bill of health, she finds herself back in the town she had left almost a decade before. A shell of the girl she once was, and could be again, Quinn did nothing. She lived with her parents, working a minimum wage job to help her family get by. Her life consisted of nothing outside of her family. Music was no longer her life force. She could not even go to church without a spout of depression following. The simple sound of a piano would send her into a downward spiral. This is where you find her, alone, dark, and broken.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:59 am

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Jgqwba

Character Name: Ella Sumter

Date of Birth: October 12th, 1987

Personality/ Biography:
Ella is quiet and reclusive, but will come out of her shell if someone strikes up a conversation with her. She doesn’t fit in well with most people, having far off ideologies that she doesn’t talk about to avoid confrontation. She’s not much into drugs or alcohol, her body rejecting most of life's 'pleasures'. She has a legitimate job at a small book store, which she loves. She is smart, and strengthens her knowledge by reading constantly. She’s a total daydreamer, spending much of her spare time writing random thoughts in an old, beaten up leather bound journal. Through commute and online courses she managed to get a bachelor's degree in anthropology; but she's still at home, and can't seem to find work that suits her. She is also protective of her younger brothers, but they are growing up and have their own ambitions, and she's starting to feel a bit useless at home.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Eternal Camaraderie (Status: Open, see details inside) Zthpn8

Name:
Kiana Torrel

Personality/Biography:
Kiana is a girl who doesn't really know who she is and where she stands in the world nor does she actually care. For the sake of her own sanity she just focuses on what she likes rather than others. Of course half of the reason for that is because people themselves have confused her entirely.

Genetically, Kiana is both a black and white, but she has been raised in a Caucasian society which has heavily isolated her despite her notice. At home around people like her mother (white) she found herself getting along with people more. They shared personalties and likes and dislikes she could understand, but there was always a wall to tell her that she was different. After a while romance and all things girls usually think about around the age of junior high and high school was completely dropped and she succumbed to isolation.

It was no better on her father's side of the family either. She couldn't relate to any of them. Their culture and lifestyle were completely foreign to her and the obviousness of it became harder to tolerate the more she grew into adulthood, so she built up a wall of her own of pessimism and distrust which has been strengthened even further with time.

Thanks to this wall it's hard for her to open up to people. She doesn't talk about herself unless asked and is always questioning every reason a question is asked in the first place. Actually she's constantly questioning everything and frequently suspicious of people's behavior, but despite that she's actually decently good at reading people. She views that as a bit of a curse though, saying it takes away all the mystery in life. Even with her mistrust issues though she'll be as honest as she possibly can, brutally in fact almost as if it's an internal war between her and the ability to lie.

Also, despite her troubles growing up between two cultures that inherently contradict and make fun of each other she has managed get away from it with some good things as well. She has an extremely open mind and is up for anything new, unwilling to judge until she actually gets to know it better. She likes every form of music imaginable, but is picky with them all. The same can be said for art, food, and TV. Unfortunately it also applies to her skills as well.

In high school she was very good at sports, reading and writing, drawing, music and singing, etc. It made finding something she wanted to find career wise impossible. Also she was never the best at any of these things only good enough to pass with them. Thus the feeling of accomplishment with them vanished due to her competitiveness. She likes doing all these things but in no way thinks she's good at them... just easy at picking them up. So again its just another one of the things added to her lack of capability to understand herself.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://renetr3.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:41 am

Guess I should tell everyone their characters are good? Yes? lol

Anyway, the IC is now up. Sorry it took a bit, been having a rather stressing week for the most part. Especially today, but rewriting this helped take my mind off of things after Aya asked me (first thing she said to me when she got back! lol) if it was up. So thank her if you feel like being nice. Wink

Here is the link, if you need it: http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/casual-role-playing-f12/eternal-camaraderie-t3262.htm#77777
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 am

Aaww. Mel, you're so sweet. <3
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Oh goodness, you guys all post while I'm asleep...If you find I'm making this thread lag, just let me know and Ella can get an early stop in LV.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Haha. We are just up later than you. Lolz
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:45 pm

I believe most of those posts were done after 11:00 pm our time, Ryona. So, yeah... as Aya said we're just all up later than you. No worries. If I somehow slip up and let everyone get too far ahead for you, just hit in the head with an iron or something. Razz
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 pm

It's all them, Ryona, I swear. I only could only manage one post.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:28 am

Lolz. I'm sorry guys. I get really bored at night.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:34 am

Yes, blame Aya. Not only does she get me to finally get the IC up but she also puts up numerous posts in a single night! Laughing
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:22 am

Isn't that a good thing? tongue
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 am

Don't get it twisted, Mel. I'm blaming you and Gunneh too. XD

/Edit

Read the recent posts and I have to say I think I know who Quinn's crush is. Not enough proof though but I think I figured it out.

AND oh god if Kiana witnesses a love triangle that's gonna bring out the "best" parts of her.... >.>...
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:58 am

Haha.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skitzo-phrenick Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Alright. I propose a time skip to where everyone's at the table for the next person to post. If someone wants to do this post or has something in mind, let me know, otherwise I might just do it before the night's through.
Skitzo-phrenick
Skitzo-phrenick
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down