FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternity/K.O.II (ooc)

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Eternity/K.O.II (ooc) - Page 4 Empty Re: Eternity/K.O.II (ooc)

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Sounds like a plan to me.
So Suvio was... attached to Aura? Or Avaltha?

I forget what Suvio's history was.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:17 am

Aura, Calanon, and a pantor (click the picture to see the whole thing).
Drew it myself, copyright Michael A. Rasmussen and all that jazz. Wink

heart heart heart heart heart

Eternity/K.O.II (ooc) - Page 4 Calaur10
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:37 pm

So I'm re-reading the role-play we have so far, Eternity. Very Happy I was going to just post, but it's been so long that I felt it'd be worth revisiting the whole thing, to get back in the mindset. ^^
Maybe we'll resume it now that you're back. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:57 pm

I'll go reread up on it sometime this weekend. :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm half done. Very Happy I just finished rereading page 3. It's a great read! By the time we finish it, with all the story left to tell, it would probably need only a little editing to make a full-sized novel. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:42 am

This epic picture is growing in my head of the final battle in this RP.
It'll be between Light and Shadow, of course.

Aura and Calanon on the side of Light, who will by then probably have progressed very very far, in every way. ^^ Their Love will make them more powerful joined together than they would be if they fought together separately. They'll be probably have been married and... everything. ^^ And Calanon'll be a Sage, and Aura'll be immortal again, and probably Calanon will be on a new level of existence by then, too, if something awesome happens when they're together. Destiny and all that. Very Happy Aww

And on the side of Shadow, it'll be not just Avaltha, but all the males she's taken by force and dominated. Daughter of Shadow; Spawn of the Mistress. Love vs Lust. They were probably all too willing to succumb to her pleasures, and they soon became addicted to her. They're her slaves, and they're probably all super powerful either physically or magically. She could easily have close to a hundred.

Just imagine it.... xD
At first it looks like they have no chance, and it'll be worse than the first time.
But actually the Love side is a lot bigger and stronger. That's why Aura lost the first time, because her Love wasn't as strong as Avaltha's Lust (for power).

Just thinking about all of this is giving me thrills. It all fits together! xDDD
Calanon will probably end up as the first and only Son of the Mother, whereas Avaltha has been busy taking lots of Sons of the Mistress. Or whatever we'll call them. xD Slaves, perhaps. Slaves of the Mistress.

I can't stop grinning! Excited It's so epic!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Finally done catching up! As soon as I can I'll at last bring an end to this months-long drought! xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 pm

I call upon the Goddess of Time, Mistress of the Infinite!
I summon thee! Come, Eternity!!
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Lol, sorry. I've been busy busy busy. I'll respond.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:14 pm

And we're back!
We're not quite the longest 1-on-1 on FOG anymore, but all that's about to change, I have a feeling. xD

I had this cool idea.
It's sort of a natural progression of how the story's going; I just thought of a way to organize it.

Acts, like in a play. Very Happy

Act I would be this beginning bit we're doing, and it'll end after Aelos.
Act II would be from there to the elfy-place, and thither to Eulos.
Act III, to the dwarves' land and Eiras.
Act IV, to Aunos.
Act V is regaining immortality and stuff, plus a bunch of intrigue leading up to...
Act VI, the final showdown. xD

Something like that, anyway. Each Act should be different than the last. Think of it as levels, maybe. ^^ There should be a large accomplishment at the end of each Act, which sets the stage for the next. So like, once we get Aelos, we'll learn a ton of stuff, become awesome, and the subsequent Act would pick right up.

Each Act would increase a level in scope and magnitude. Like, this first bit seems to involve only Calanon and Taura, with only a little outside interference. That outside interference should increase with each part, which I guess we were planning all along. And more difficulty. xD Like I said, I guess it's just organizing itself in my head.

I don't know if I explained that very well. Just a brainstormy idea. It might not even work until we (hopefully) edit all this together after we finish it. xD

I'm just getting excited about this all over again. Excited Which is a good sign, since it's been more than a year since we started. xD I must find out what happens along the way! Hyper

It's so great! Like writing and reading a book at the same time, since it's a role-play. xD

Alrighty, then. Where are we?
The ascent of Aelos's Mountain.
I guess, after we hear from Taura, we'll keep going. The whole thing should take about 15 role-play hours. So we started two hours before dawn--except it's a late dawn, probably around 7:00. Add 13 hours for 8:00 at evening, which, since it's Spring, would be starting toward twilight, I guess. Except we're up high, so there'd be this magnificent sunset.

Or we could back off and say we get to the top around 6pm, a nice afternoon-evening.

Aelos's mountain isn't too much higher than the timberline, not high enough for snow, so we don't need to worry too much about cold. ^^ Except that it's windy, so it'll feel cold, just not freezing.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:44 pm

All right, now what is the Trial beyond the travel? Or is there one? Is it just endurance trials, to get up the mountain, or will there be some Guardian of Aelos to topple before reaching the very top?

And I know, I'm excited too. And I like the acts idea.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Ok, after the cave, there'll be a dragon waiting for us. At least one.
This'll be Calanon's second Test of Dragons: the Test of Power. If he succeeds, he'll get a medallion with a space in it for a large stone.

The Test of Power is a test of limits. You have to exceed the strongest spell you currently have, to win. The test is scaled according to the wizard's power, though there is a minimum. Calanon would be well over the minimum, since he's on his second Elemental and already has his main storage for magic power: the huge maiárdite stone that makes the head of his staff.

Now, Calanon has a unique case, because of Taura. Aelos would probably be unsure which dragon(s) to send, how strong he should make the opposition, because he can sense that there's more to Calanon than just his regular power. He doesn't know it's Taura, he just knows there's something that could push Calanon's power higher. He just doesn't know how much.

So, Calanon's test, I'm planning, will initially be a lot harder than he could manage on his own. Ordinarily it would be just barely higher than his strongest, but for Calanon it's further than that. So, at first he'll be losing. But then, once his losing starts to endanger Taura, all of a sudden he's not just defending himself anymore: now it's Taura as well. And that, of course, has always been what triggers the multiplication effect that Taura has on Calanon's magic. Once this happens, Calanon's spells would quickly become much stronger. More and more and more, until he surpasses the test and keeps going for a bit, and then the dragon(s) start to get a bit worried, but then the spell finally stops, and the test is over, and Calanon (with Taura) will have passed.

Then some more climbing, and then... Aelos himself. xD
It won't be a battle, though. It'll be the Trial that relates to the Test of Power. The second of the Trials of Light: the Trial of Pride. I'm not sure what all will go into it yet, but I have some ideas. ^^

Have you ever played Star Fox Adventures? It's a Gamecube game. I think some of my inspiration for these Trials comes from that. ^^
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 pm

I have heard of Star Fox. And all of that sounds pretty awesome lol. I'm up for it if you are. :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:15 am

I colored it! cheers

Eternity/K.O.II (ooc) - Page 4 Calauraact1
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 am

So it looks like we might be starting this up again in the foreseeable future. ^_^

The main things to read are the three large posts in this OOC dealing with the planning, to get back into our train of thought.
That, and the last few posts of the RP.

All we need right now is Taura's observations and reactions to the top of the mountain and to the sight and presence of Aelos.

After that, I'll do a long post about the Trial, after which the scene will be Taura's turn to talk to Aelos. Which is the point of this whole story. Taura needs to get to the four Elementals in order to renew her immortality. I forget how. We might need to do some review.

During their visit to the lake-troll Brilig, Taura asked where Avaltha was, and was told she was deep in the caverns of the Bloodstone Mountains. Then she proved herself to the troll by the golden-strand-of-hair trick. ^_^

Here's some excerpts to remind us of Taura's quest.
These two post are just before they reached Fayrock Pass, which is quite early in the quest, so we've had a lot of development since then.
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Taura asked why he wanted power. Calanon thought about it.

"I'm a wizard... it's what I do. If I had more power, I could do greater things. They say for a wizard to Walk the Path is to obtain each of the four elemental powers. Few wizards have ever done it." Calanon fell into a moment of contemplative silence. "Most wizards eventually become too drunk with power to pass the Trials. That's why I never tried to walk the Path until something like this came along--until someone needed me."

Again the elf looked over at Taura as they walked. "There's something about you..." he said. "You're different from any other human I've met, and I've met more than most elves care to. At least, for being so young. I don't think it was chance that we met.... When you said you wanted to find the Elementals... I just, finally knew what I had to do." He looked away, now keeping his eye on the path. He wasn't sure if what he was about to ask would be taken well. After all, he'd lived so much longer than she; it seemed odd for him to ask for her help. It felt like asking a child to slay a dragon for him. Still... "Will you help me Walk the Path? I feel, if I do it to help or protect someone... if I keep my mind on others and not on myself... I'll be able to pass the final Trials and become a Mage."
Eternity wrote:She nodded gently to his words, liking his explanation of the journey in his eyes. It was like a thing of belonging, of honor even. Taura had no idea what it must've been like; to be a wizard with a knack for power. She then heard his question, about helping him on the Path. The Path of the Wizard, fabled to be hard and twisting, able to corrupt a man's soul with the great surge of power it brought forth. She then contemplated how to react to the question. Elves usually didn't ask for help, unless they were asking an elder elf, or someone with far more experiences than themselves.

"Surely I will." Taura said softly. "I seek the Elementals for different reason. Yes, their power to be bestowed upon me is one. But the Elementals hold a grand secret. Once upon a time, a thousand years before now, the elves knew of these. They protected the secrets of the immortals, but as time went on, these secrets died. I..." She felt her words lock in her chest, her lungs tight because she knew she had said too much. Something about Taura seemed to close off at that moment.

"Perhaps I will tell you later." She whispered. The woman turned her head, unable to look at him. She stared out and abroad. It was hard pretending. But it would probably be even harder, Taura thought, to be herself. To be Aura, only human.
The 'later' turns out to be when she and Calanon are riding the pantor to the port city of Hallas, after coming through the woods, much further in the story. Finally there's enough trust and development for the truth to come out.
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Even though Calanon's prayer had been silent, Taura still managed to speak as if she had heard his thoughts. Or perhaps Calanon was just afraid. His long silence must have been harsh. He berated himself for it, though he knew speaking would have been worse. What was he supposed to do? He did not feel any wiser; no sign seemed to be forthcoming.

"Taura..." he hesitated. He didn't want her to think his silence meant rejection, but neither did he want to say something that would drive her away. He still wanted, needed, to see her through her trial. "I... do not yet know what to think. I am not the strongest or the wisest. But, please, believe in me enough to trust my word. I want to protect you, Taura. Just... please, just tell me the truth. I have to hear you say it. What are you...? Who are you truly?"
Eternity wrote:Taura blushed lightly, taking her hands and letting them slip away from him. Would he laugh at her? Would he jest at how insane she must be? Oh the sinner, no mortal could be so selfish and yet dim! Would he stay with her this journey, but mock her and use her for power and prowess amongst his people- no. Calanon was not like that. She shuddered quietly and leaned close again. She slid her hands around his sides and her left arm reached forward. Her fingers trailed down his arm until she had his hand, moving it from the reigns of the pantor. She shifted closer to him, and held her hand out before him, her arm out. Her fingers parted as her hand opened, palm upwards. In it, began to grow a tiny flicker. It was a wisp of yellow, somewhat eloquent in appearance. It stirred, into a brightness, that slowly formed into an orb of gorgeous white light that seemed to glow more powerfully than any fire of equal, or slightly greater, size.

"Once upon a time, two beings were born. One of Love, and another afterward of Anger and Sorrow. They were the Mother, and the Mistress. The Mother created the land, the water, and the air. The Mistress created the shadow, the monsters, and the dark magic. Mother created elf, and Mistress created Goblin. On so forth they went, until finally, Mother found herself lonely. Though she had created many creatures upon the planet, she had not created one who could be loved independently by her, and who could return said love. She wanted a daughter... Calanon, I am that daughter... My name used to be Aura, and I am, or was, the Daughter of Light; direct descendant of the Holy Mother." She stopped. "But all that needs to be known now is that I lost my immortality, and I need it back."

She balled her fingers inward, covering the light and snuffing it like a stagnant candle flame. Taura placed her hand against his stomach, and her cheek against his back. And she closed her eyes.

"Your aid, Calanon, is of an importance greater than the both of us." She whispered. "I need you."
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Calanon waited as Taura reached over and opened his hand, moving hers over it. Gradually a warm yellow light came to life between their palms. It grew and brightened until one might have thought Taura had plucked a star from the sky. Taura kept her hand there, keeping the star alive. She took a shallow breath and began her story.

She spoke of the Mother, of the time before time when she first came into being. She told of the Mistress, the Shadow to the Mother's Light. She explained how, after all was made, the Mother longed for a greater love, and so she bore a daughter. Taura claimed to be Aura, Daughter of Light, the very progeny of the Mother. Somehow Taura... Aura... had lost her immortality and become the way she was now: mortal, diminished, lost. Calanon listened intently, hanging on every word.

Calanon could not make himself believe Taura was lying, and he rejected as ludicrous the notion that she had lost her mind. She could not be one of the Immortals if she was mortal, and an Immortal would never claim to be a direct child of the Mother. She could not be dwarf, elf or human; the orb of light hovering in her palm bore witness to that. Calanon looked at it, glowing like a miniature sun. It reminded him of before, when she had compared her hand with his, of the tingling sensation he'd felt afterwards in his palm. He had to admit, her story fit everything he had ever experienced around her.

Taura brought back her hand, winking out the light. She settled once more onto his back as the pantor's gentle trot ate away the distance. "Your aid, Calanon, is of an importance greater than the both of us," she whispered. "I need you."
Calanon was silent for another long moment. "I believe you, Taura." As soon as he said it, he felt deeply relieved.

Neither had the courage yet to say another word. Many minutes later, they arrived at the Cliffs. Down a set of switchbacks, hard by the seashore, lay the port city Hallas. They would be there within an hour, and then at last they could rest this night away.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I suppose we're starting this back up Very Happy

Do you want to continue where we left off? Encountering Aelos? Then we can close it on up, do a little time skip, and begin Act II.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:27 pm

That would be awesome! Very Happy

All we need is Taura's perspective on the intro of Aelos, and then I'll start the Test. And after that, Taura will get to talk to Aelos. Should be an interesting conversation.
I'll have to remember my train of thought. xD

Do you remember what your plan was for Taura talking to Aelos?

Maybe we should review a bit. xD
The conversation with the lake troll was important. And then there was the fayrock and the dragon.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 am

Still there? Very Happy

Oh hey, do you have Skype?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4