FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZDay Contingency Plan

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ZDay Contingency Plan - Page 2 Empty Re: ZDay Contingency Plan

Post by Squall Reyes Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Meh I'd still be up in Canada somewhere. My first concern would be getting up there to my wife. And if I'm living in Canada by the time the zombies rise. Ok then I'd be set to go where I need to. XD
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:14 am

Loki’s ZDay Plan:

Step 1) Contact friends and inform them of how to get to my grandparents’ place in West Virginia, pick up any that need a ride if possible. Pending on how much time available, gather as many canned goods and tools as possible and load into car. Drive to nearby gas station that isn’t overrun, fill all gas cans, and gas tank. Travel to West Virginia, using main roads only when necessary and avoiding larger cities along the way (not that there are any really.)

Why West Virginia?
1. At least a 1 hour drive from even the smallest town.
2. Population density for that portion of the state is 1-10 people/sq. mile.
3. Very secluded, the chance of coming across location by chance is virtually zero.
4. Hilly terrain with lots of uninhabited land would make it difficult for zombies to travel through.
5. Pre-existing barbed wire fencing will help slow down zombies’ progress.
6. All water comes from a well or a stream at the bottom of the hill the house is on.
7. Immediate neighbors (each approximately a mile in either direction) are also family.
8. Large gardens on every property in the area are easily sustainable and able to provide for plenty of people.
9. Plenty of hunting rifles and handguns owned by my family.
10. Lots of cattle, pig farms, chicken coops, and grazing pastures.
11. Plenty of deer for hunting.
12. More trees and wood than could possibly be harvested in several lifetimes.

Step 2) Immediately begin surveying the area and reinforcing the perimeter. Brace posts and add vertical strands to barbed wire fence immediately surrounding the property not dedicated to cow pasture. Begin rationing supplies and discussing survival strategy with all present as well as assign patrols and lookouts. Travel to nearby gas stations and gather as much fuel as possible.

Step 3) Establish a routine and a list of daily tasks needed to ensure the longevity of the safe zone. Such tasks should include: tending to the garden and livestock, harvesting wood for fires and construction, clearing the area to allow increased line of sight, constantly improving defenses, and working on a method to convert a gas generator into one powered by wind.

Step 4) Once main area (grandparents’ property) is dug in and strengthened, begin connecting lines between neighboring properties to increase food and supplies output as well as scavenging for supplies. Begin stockpiling food to get through winter months. Begin scouting area further away for other people. If property is abandoned, scavenge for supplies; if people present, offer an alliance and work together to pool resources.

In the event of survivors find location:
1. Determine if hostile or not.
2. Once deemed safe, offer shelter in a secluded domicile where they will be under surveillance.
3. If they accept offer, examine them for wounds and bite marks for possible infection and strip them of weapons for the time being.
4. If none found, provide simple tasks to perform during the day and keep them at alternate location at night under armed surveillance for a week.
5. Once their quarantine period is over, incorporate them into the “society” and assign them to somebody for training (if needed) of tasks that need to be performed. They are still to remain unarmed for this period.
6. After a few months without incident, they can be issued weapons.
7. Firearms are only to be provided when at lookout duty or hunting.

What to do if deemed hostile:
1) Eliminate threat immediately if hostility cannot be diffused. Hesitation to do this could potentially compromise the safe zone.
2) Bury bodies after ensuring the brain has been destroyed in case they had been infected.
3) Scavenge their belongings for supplies.

What to do if non-hostile but one or more are found to be infected:
1) Offer shelter to those non-infected under the pretense that the infected parties must be restrained and placed in a holding cell until they die from the virus. Then their brain must be destroyed to prevent reanimation.
2) If they refuse those conditions but remain non-hostile, they may leave freely (barter or provide some supplies if they are in need.)
3) Should they return without the infected party, restart the procedure of processing survivors.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

I say that because I know people. People like to think they are rational beings but everything that people do day to day aren't as rational as they like to think themselves to be.

But on topic, the best plan is to get a castle, as big as possible, one that's built for sieges and all. Make sure it has a lot of land to grow food, and start a community in there. Fight zombies with full plate knight armor is good too, use a mace or flail.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:20 pm

I say that because I know people. People like to think they are rational beings but everything that people do day to day aren't as rational as they like to think themselves to be.

Heh, finally someone else who doesn't believe in normality.

a castle

Oft the setting for adventure games that include the cannibal undead. Next, please?

one that's built for sieges and all

We all know how accomplished brain dead engineers can be, what with their barf cannons and all.

Make sure it has a lot of land to grow food, and start a community in there

"We call it 'Pretty, Pretty Unicorn'. It's a work in progress."

Fight zombies with full plate knight armor is good too

Because we all like to be slow and overrun and crushed under the weight of festering bodies.

mace or flail

Maybe a mace. Not a flail. Chain gets stuck or, worse, "misfires".

Erm... I'm in a critical mood at the moment...

Loki's plan is sound, but restricted to the West Virginian area. Also, have you considered natural disasters? One could weaken your defenses enough to let zombies through. You need a bunker house. As soon as you can, get one built. Should the defenses fail, it'll be easy to shelter in it until the storm is over. After every storm, make a thorough patrol sweep of the area, damaged defenses, etc. Always do it while heavily armed and with 3 or so people while on a vehicle (even horses are a good idea if a car is unavailable)
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Combining that with with stupidity equals frustration for the smart.

A castle that's built for sieges is built to last, Wal-Mart isn't built to last. It's also built to house people for a long period of time. Also a castle have few and easily defended entrances, and none of that glass windows bullshit.

Having land to grow food means you won't have to go out and look for them.

And the fact you think you will be slow and overrun and crushed under the weight of zombies means you know nothing about zombies. So whatever your plan will be already sucks.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Ready to say you took my jokes too seriously?

Truth be told, a castle is a very good place to shelter. I was just in a silly mood Razz
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 pm

It was a cheap shot, I had to take it.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 pm

-Snickers at a few words exchanged-
I'm on the rag and even I'm not this bad.
I for one don't think myself rational. I think a few people can tell you that I'm a fucking loon. Besides, we're talking zombie attack, how is that rational?

Sure it could happen.

However, are we going to discuss the possibility of the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster creating all mankind next? And then go on to insult one another for our beliefs? Yes, for those of you who may be wondering, such a religion does exist. Granted, it's a parody religion.

Next Zombie question:
What do you think, will they be fast or slow zombies? Will they degenerate over time and thus become slow?
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:36 pm

I think that will depend, if the zombies bodys are dead. Or if its you know 28 days later zombies of rage. (I hate these by the way.) Classical zombies though are dead and regardless of if the brain is functioning they will waste away like any other body.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 am

To be honest I don't think zombies could be some big threat that's all too difficult to stop. Just roll them over with tanks.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 pm

It's not their strength so much as their numbers. It'll take many years of tank-rolling to kill all the zombies, if you even find them all. Tank's also enclosed. Suppose you run low on fuel in the middle of a zombie crowd. What then? Even with heavy equipment such as tanks, you'll need to have a survivalist mentality instead of a Rambo one.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Daddy Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Of course.

But think about it. Say a zombie plague breaks out in NYC. What will zombies do? they will swarm the nearest living human for brains. And if there are living humans out on the streets, then that's where they will go.

In comes tanks rolling down the said streets. And you can plan this too. The army owns tanks, they know how much fuel a tank can hold, and how far the said fuel can allow them to travel. Once a certain amount of fuels is used up, all they need to do is drive the tank back.

You can't beat zombies on tanks alone because of their numbers, but you can use tanks to secure high population areas with an outbreak.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:05 pm

I got ONE thing to say.

ZDay Contingency Plan - Page 2 Preparation

I gotta admit, I'm a moron for not thinking about the machete first.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2