FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...Hey! It's me, a random person!

+5
Lara
Fate Flyer
Kathryn Lacey
Adrius Frostglare
Renisca
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

...Hey! It's me, a random person! - Page 2 Empty Re: ...Hey! It's me, a random person!

Post by Dio the Awesome Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Out of curiousness, I did too. Here's the best definitions. One actually fits, It's bolded for easy reference. (It's the last one).

5. Waffle

1. Greatest anytime food ever. The king of the lesser pancake. Best with anything.

2. To have sexual relations with someone

3. A cigarette

4. Anything illegal

5. To flip-flop on decisions

6. To talk or write foolishly
1. "I want a waffle from the Waffle House!"

2. "we waffled hard last night"

3. "Man, I really need a waffle right about now..."

4. "HA I'm so high on this waffle right here!"

5. John Kerry waffles.

6. "JHBSDHBSVDHGSVHJGDVHGVJH!"
"Stop waffling biatch!"
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

...Hey! It's me, a random person! - Page 2 Empty Re: ...Hey! It's me, a random person!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Renisca wrote:I wonder what happens if the person passes out before the landing, as our instructor was complaining about the girl before us urinating on him and then passing out...

Well, with jump school, it's a static line jump, which means that the ripcord is pulled automatically by the plane after you go down a certain length and run out of line; then it pulls the cord and the chute opens. The girl would be okay (maybe, landing would suck) on one of those, though you need to do a little steering to hit the DZ and still need to do a PLF to avoid injury (as you now know from experience) but the pilot is making sure you're roughly over the DZ (where you need to land.)

On the other hand, you guys used a free-fall parachute, which are generally steerable and require the user to deploy. Uh, so she would have been in trouble except she tandem jumped.

As to the intensity of jump school, you have to have good PFT scores and are constantly being run hard to get you in shape because airborne means jumping in with your combat load (and then some) on your back. You have to do everything well or you're going to get badly injured, because of the loads involved; you're jumping with almost double your body weight when fully rigged up.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2