FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Devils' Truth

4 posters

Go down

The Devils' Truth Empty The Devils' Truth

Post by Nannyhap Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Rather than lurk aimlessly for a great deal of time, I'm just going to go ahead and immerse myself in the RPing scene--what harm could it do? This interest check is just a shot in the dark--I don't know what you folks like just yet. Give me some time, though, and I'll learn. Wink

Right, so I've got a fledgling idea for an RP that I'd like to share with the community at large, just to see how much interest it might generate. I guess that's what this forum is for, isn't it? Anyway, I'm stalling, let me get to what I'm actually talking about.

Demons.

We see a lot of demons in roleplays and stories, big scary characters that get tossed around with little respect and used whenever the plot allows. But what I find much more interesting is how demons would interact with each other, particularly in a Hell that is not chaotic but a micromanaged bureaucracy, where rank is everything and murder is the only way to achieve it.

That sort of thing.

The thread would start out in an area called the "Sandlot," where young demons and damned souls with a lot of spunk battle it out to get a grip on the first rungs of the demonic ladder. Though some characters would coordinate with one another, the atmosphere would generally be one of backstabbery and violence. At least, except for the rare occasions when demons have to deal with emooootions.

I'm thinking there'd be an attainable goal of redemption for characters who start as damned souls, too, just to keep it interesting.

That's what I've got on the idea right now. Basically, demons being demons and murdering demons. Anybody interested in that concept at face value?
Nannyhap
Nannyhap
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

The Devils' Truth Empty Re: The Devils' Truth

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 am

This sounds somewhat interesting...

Last edited by Lief on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon's Jester Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:31 am

I don't think I will have time to participate, but I thought I would share some thoughts. The concept kind of reminds of the Chinese view of Hell, with levels and bureaucracy with new levels of malevolent tyranny and backstabbing, and was wondering if you had done any research in that direction. Now, I just have a few questions to fulfill some idle curiousity. How would a damned soul become redeemed? Also, I think it would be interesting if they could also become demons too. I don't have time to participate, but I would read it.

Moon's Jester
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anubis Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 am

This looks like it could be an interesting idea. I would rather enjoy playing in something like this. Count me in.
Anubis
Anubis
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannyhap Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Moon's Jester wrote:I don't think I will have time to participate, but I thought I would share some thoughts. The concept kind of reminds of the Chinese view of Hell, with levels and bureaucracy with new levels of malevolent tyranny and backstabbing, and was wondering if you had done any research in that direction. Now, I just have a few questions to fulfill some idle curiousity. How would a damned soul become redeemed? Also, I think it would be interesting if they could also become demons too. I don't have time to participate, but I would read it.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to participate, but I really appreciate your input! I haven't done any research in that direction, actually, although now that you've brought it up I most certainly shall. If nothing else, I imagine it'd lend a great deal to the ideas I've already got flowing surrounding the concept. Smile

As for the process of redemption, I hadn't yet worked that out, although I was somewhat toying with the idea of it being a faraway concept that no one's quite certain how to achieve--sort of like certain imaginings of the American dream or paradise in general. I actually expect it to come up much later.

And as for damned souls becoming demons, I suppose I didn't manage to actually communicate that this was already in my plans. I imagine once they kill a handful of demons, they become demons themselves, perhaps absorbing their powers in order to climb ranks? I haven't decided yet if that's too cliche.

I'm glad to see that there's interest! I wasn't entirely sure what the community at large would be interested in.
Nannyhap
Nannyhap
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildsword Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

I'd be interested as well, especially if we "level" into becoming demons from damned souls... sounds really interesting has some great potential I like the idea of exploring demon politics and how they would interact with each other....

I'm all for it!
Wildsword
Wildsword
Mist
Mist

Male

http://greyhiem@comcast.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nannyhap Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm

Just posting to let everyone who expressed interest know that this idea is still in the works. Since I don't know the ropes, I'd like the opinion of anyone who'd join this RP: Should I go ahead and start the OOC thread, or should I wait until a few more members express definite interest?

Also, how does everyone feel about vaguely uncomfortable/sometimes physically upsetting violence? Because I'm considering making "heart"-devouring the requirement in order to eat other damned souls, which would be how one became a demon in the first place. (I imagine the rank transfer wouldn't require such things once you were actually a member of demonic circles, but before you got that far, you wouldn't have that luxury.)

Just kicking around ideas right now because I haven't got anything solidified, but I wanted to put that out there.
Nannyhap
Nannyhap
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down