FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC]

4 posters

Go down

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] Empty Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC]

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm

click...click...click... The sound of clicking heels echoes all around you it seems. The room is dimly lit, the lightbulb above giving off just enough light for you to see a few figures standing nearby. "What's going on?" You ask aloud, your voice sounds rough and dry. Its then you remember that you haven't had anything to drink in a few hours and the cottonmouth has set in. A soft chuckle is heard from in front of you. Looking up, you see a rather pretty woman staring at you with dark hooded eyes. "You are going to perform inception for our boss. He'll be joining you on your little escapade." You try to argue but she shushes you by placing her finger on our lips. "Shh. No speaking. If you want your freedom, you'll do as well tell you to. Now, go meet the rest of your team." A hand touches your shoulder and everything suddenly goes black.

The name of the game is Inception. Your job, along with your fellow team members, is to plant an idea into the mind of the Vice President. The idea? Expose the fact that the government is kidnapping young girls and trafficking them across the border to be sold as well as supplying enemies with heavy ( and possibly nuclear ) weaponry. Seems complex but rumor has it that the VP and President have a very strained relationship/past. It should be easy enough...right? Oh it would be if you hadn't been kidnapped and forced into the job...

the mentor ; is the recruiter who rallies up the team and is the glue of the operation
the extractor ; implants a simple idea or withdraws information from the target's mind { Ragter the junior greeter }
the point man ; researches the target and makes sure everything runs smoothly { Spectre }
the architect ; constructs various dreamscapes described as labyrinths { my role }
the forger ; takes the form of another being in order to manipulate the target { Nikolis }
the tourist ; the employer who proposed the mission and insists on joining them { The Ghost Writer }
the chemist ; who formulates the drugs needed to sustain the dream states

the shade ; is the projection of the forger
the mark ; the next in chain of command
the associate ; an executive who works for the mark

- - If we do not find someone for The Mark, I can play him as an NPC. Whoever plays The Forger will be responsible for The Associate if we do not get that character as well. - -

PROFILES ::

[ insert REAL picture here / use deviantart, photobucket, modelmayhem.com or any other modeling site / celebrities may be used but I prefer you didn't use them ]
Name:
Role:

Five Personality Traits:

Small Bio: ( please include how they came to be whatever role they are )

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] 4b1d478016910
more images
Name: Valerye James
Role: The Architect

Five Personality Traits: Witty, Realistic, Logical, Empathetic, Leery of others

Small Bio: Valerye grew up wanting to be an Architect. Yes, she knew from a young age that people were creating worlds and puzzles inside the minds of others through their dreams. In fact, her biological father had been an extractor in his youth. Her mother always said it was in her blood to become a thief and her mother had been right. She studied puzzles and patterns all through school and when she was seventeen, she met a man who was able to get her into a prestigious school where she honed her abilities and graduated at the top of her class.

Valerye was kidnapped three days ago by the people who work for The Tourist. She has just recently been allowed to leave the room they were holding her in so she could meet the others on her "team".

We'd be starting the roleplay with the team being gathered into a large banquet-esque room where there is a buffet set out for them. Some of them may know one another ( please approve this with whoever you want to know ) but for the most part, no one really knows anyone else. Either The Forger or The Extractor decides to speak up and break the awkward tension in the room by introducing him/herself to everyone else. They have eight hours to get to know one another before they start their "mission".

Please, feel free to suggest tweaks for the plot and/or twists for later on in the story!

Last edited by Anaris on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] Empty Re: Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC]

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:42 pm

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] 28oxo0_thCheck my character's Bio field for additional plot information that, I believe, will help stabilize the story.

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] 23ubtjs
Name: Alec Kapenski
Role: The Tourist

Five Personality Traits: Cunning, Logical, Observant, Good-willed, Daring

Small Bio: Kapenski acquired his role as the Vice President of Public Affairs for Absergo Industries, a Russian technology corporation specializing in the production of military-grade hardware and electronics, two years ago. Since that fateful day his relationship with the company's CEO, Yuri Kierkov, has revealed several hidden secrets about Abstergo that the public should never know. One of which is the double-dealing of arms to not only NATO governments, but international terrorist organizations as well.

Recently developed Abstergo EMP tech was recently purchased by the Russian government upon the discreet authorization of President Adrian Matvei. Deeply disturbed by the double-dealing, Alec visited Abstergo headquarters late after work for several days in a row to conduct investigations of his own. Upon further review of hidden archives in the database, Alec discovered another surprise. From 1994 to 2005, Abstergo authorized the shipment of several unmarked truck containers from various locations throughout Russia (where Abstergo has offices) to brothels across eastern Europe. The funding used for the shipments did not come from any of Abstergo's accounts; but, surprisingly, from a private Swiss bank account under President Matvei's name (while he was merely a petty politician in the corrupt Russian legislature). The contents of the containers was obvious, and Alec decided that he had, had enough of the company he was working for.

After learning that Abstergo was about to open up another shipment run under the same account, Alec hired a personal entourage to "recruit" several notorious and skilled extractors. From there, the story unfolds...

Last edited by The Ghost Writer on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Awesome character Ghost.

I like how you expanded on the plot. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:09 pm

You're most welcome! I can't wait to begin this story! Very Happy
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

I will try to get something up today.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:24 pm

No rush Dio.
^_^

Feel free to take your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Hope it's okay that I made a reference to the Point Man. I figured that since Supernova said they should know each other, it's okay, but if it isn't, I can change it. If anything else isn't good with the app, please say so.

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] Cool-Short-Haircuts-For-Guys-Summer-2009

Name: Gabriel Riley
Role: The Extractor

Five Personality Traits: Laid back, observant, not serious, kind, can recall details quickly

Small Bio: Gabriel grew up not really knowing what he wanted to do with his life. He got good enough grades in school, but didn't take things serious enough to try and get any education past high school. For the most part, he just barely managed to scrape by with his life when he discovered the unique ability he had; he had the potential to implant thoughts into people's minds while they slept. At first, he thought it was crazy to try it, but it wasn't as if he had a lot to lose. This was how he met the Point Man; the Point Man introduced him to what could happen in a dream.

Now, years later, he isn't as sloppy as he was at first. He pays attention to the details that are given about the target; he pays attention to what makes them tick. He knows that using the right thought to exploit what makes them tick is the key to getting the target to do what he or she normally wouldn't do.
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 pm

I talked to LS and she said she had wanted the Point Man and Extractor knew each other so its cool.

Good profile!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikolis Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Inception: Reveal The Truth [OoC] Hntef
Name: George Antonius
Role: The Forger

Five Personality Traits: Sly, Charismatic, Conniving, Deceptive, Persuasive

Biography
Anthony is a skilled liar and manipulator. Impersonation, forgery, conning, and social engineering are only a fraction of his considerable talents. For most of his teenage years, Anthony made a considerable amount of money shopping off laundry lists of credit card numbers to the underground community which he had acquired via a small, indetectable keylogger he had designed. He soon had to create a new identity for himself to escape the FBI manhunt that pursued.

He's now the Senior Vice President of International Operations of a major banking corporation headquartered in Las Angeles, California. He keeps his skills and talents honed, though, by providing forgeries
TEMP PLACEHOLDER. WILL UPDATE WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK.

Nikolis
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

Looking good so far Nikolis.

If we can get the rest of the reserved character profiles, we can begin and I can NPC anyone who isn't taken yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:40 pm

*Delivers a seismic shock to the system.*

The dream world is still waiting. Wink
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm afraid I will have to drop out. A couple of threads I am GMing in suddenly received unexpected traffic, and I have three more roleplays which I am currently in.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Thats fine Dio.

Hopefully we can find some more people soon...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down