FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complaints Thread >:(

+44
Jag
Spectre
Blade Barrier
Knifey Keith
Chindi
Icipher
DracoMalfoy
cindrella
Lumeus
Moon's Jester
xraineyesx
Talas
Sunwolf007
Nihilisil
Guilty Carrion
Colonel Autumn
Bird of Hermes
Raspeyer
Sólrökr
Awesomeocalypse
Lord Revan
Dreamless Days
Charlie the Ghost
Sighlent
Axiom Awaits
The Ghost Writer
Ana Kingsley
Entity of Sin
Eternity
Tartra
Digital Muse
Gabe
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
wakeangel
Gadreille
Kalon Ordona II
Silvan Arrow
Fate Flyer
Lara
Skitzo-phrenick
Lyonesse
The Melancholy Spirit
Kathryn Lacey
48 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Complaints Thread >:( - Page 4 Empty Re: The Complaints Thread >:(

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:03 am

Oh, wow, that sounds like quite a lot of pressure, Silvan. Being possibly the first female student your advisor has had on top of it all kind of seems to add a little more too in in regards to showing everyone that you know what you're doing and that them having agreed to support your research was the right choice. I'm sure in the end you'll be happy with yourself and so will everyone else. Good luck, hon!

I'm just complaining about all the shit talkers in League of Legends. They're in almost every game. This is why I don't really care at all about online play in console games -- other people always ruin the experience.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks, Lara and Fate. I think the anticipation leading up to the test is almost worse than the actual test. I'm sure my committee will be more laid-back than when I did the mock test with the older students, but I just end up freaking myself out when I think about it. I also highly doubt my gender will have an effect on their judgment, even though my committee is four men. I mean, they're all professionals and are expected to conduct themselves as such. I think it's just pressure that I'm putting on myself to prove to them (and me) that I can do just as well as all the previous male students.

Aaaaand...I complain that the test is tomorrow! AGH! Must...review...EVERYTHING!!!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

That is really not cool, Silvone. Shocked Does that mean you'll have to walk around blind now? cyclops

AHHHHH! I had all these visitor messages in my profile that I NEVER saw. People have been begging Forumotion for a long time to notify members whenever they got a new visitor message, but they still haven't done that yet. If you guys have important matters to discuss with me, please PM me. I did not even notice my visitor messages until now, when I decided to click that tab in my profile. I really, really hope that Forumotion decides to add notifications to that. SRSLY.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Oh whoa, completely forgot those existed. Razz
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Ugh. This is the 2nd cell phone charger that has stopped working when I plug my phone into it. I don't understand if this is a common HTC Evo problem or what, but it's really not cool when my phone dies and stays dead until I can buy a new charger. Thumbs Down
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Digital Muse Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 am

I complain that my dogs knocked an entire sports drink into my laptop, effectively killing it. And I have no one to blame but myself got no one to blame but myself for leaving it on the table next to my chair.....ugh
Digital Muse
Digital Muse
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:23 pm

\

Last edited by Ysopet on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ghost Writer Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 am

I complain that it's hot as balls outside where I'm at. Over a 110 degrees... and that's not on the flight line's tarmac. WATER!
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 am

I complain about being sick. Sheesh...what a way to commemorate passing my oral exams. So I was feeling tired and achy Saturday night, but I figured it was just from dehydration and dancing a lot at my friend's wedding. I got to my boyfriend's house, took some aspirin, and felt a lot better after a hot shower. I didn't sleep well that night and felt a little nauseous, but I once again chalked it up to dehydration. Well, I spent Sunday morning puking my guts out and then slept most of the day. God bless my boyfriend, he didn't leave my side the whole day except to go get some ginger ale, powerade, and crackers to settle my stomach. We got back to my house last night and I was tired but feeling a lot better...and then this morning I woke up to find my left tonsil covered in white blisters. So I got my roommate to take me to a walk-in clinic, and they tested me for strep and took blood (Ugh...needles...) to check for mono (Yikes!). Praise God, it wasn't mono. The strep test came back negative, but the bloodwork showed it was a bacterial infection and most likely strep. So now I'm back at home in bed jacked up on steroids and antibiotics waiting for my boyfriend to get back from work.

Blargh...I hate being sick...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 pm

I hope you feel better soon, Silvan. ):

Two (small-ish) complaints:

1. Online class is already spanning out to the title of "absolutely ridiculous and stupid". Am I seriously paying the school to let me read Word documents on my own and summarize them?

2. Construction workers have been here since 7:30. Again. >.> It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't constantly banging right outside my bedroom window.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 am

Ahh! I'm still awake, and I have to wake up in 4 hours for work. I should probably go to bed...like, nowish. I hope I'm not too dead tomorrow. At least my mom refilled my coffee stash.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:38 am

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 am

I complain that this strep is taking its sweet time to go away. I hate that it hurts every time I swallow, even though the pain is getting better. The blisters are shrinking but they've also spread to my other tonsil. I have just enough energy during the day to not want to be stuck in bed all day but not enough to be back on my regular routine, so I'm slowly but surely going stir crazy.

I really wish the doctor had offered me a choice to take a shot of penicillin instead of pills. As much as the shots hurt, the last time I had strep, I took the shot and it knocked the crud out of my system within a couple of days. It was amazing!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 am

I would like to complain about writer's block. Lately I've been really, really itching to write like I will wake up in the middle of the night with this amazing idea only when it comes to taking that idea and putting pen to paper (metaphorically seeing as how I'm typing) it's just not working. I wish my brain would just sort itself out already. :S
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Fate, I'm sure being on the computer didn't help things. I read an article on a study that said that the lights from cell phones, computer screens, televisions, and alarm clocks - if their light is blue rather than red or green - triggers something in your mind that makes you unable to sleep. I don't remember what chemical is released, but yeah. It's best to avoid those things when you need to go to bed.

Silvone, that sucks. What do you do that insures you have to be up before the crack of dawn?

Silvan, bleh... I hate shots, but I can see why you'd rather have had one. You should have asked your doctor about it when you were going through options to make you healthier.

Sighlent, ugh... That really blows. I've had things like that happen to me. Actually, any time I want to write a story, that's what happens to me. It's like... I am incapable of writing something great on my own. I have to role play it, and even then, it doesn't turn out the way I initially envisioned.

I complain that my back hurts more these days, and my skin is like... freaking out. I have eczema on my face, and my acne is getting worse. I just wish I could battle both of them without the other getting worse. ._.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Kathryn: Believe me, I wanted to ask the doctor about it, but she basically shoved a paper with the prescriptions into my hands and hurried out before I had a chance to ask. Granted, I should have been a little more assertive, but I was also feeling like crap that day and not thinking clearly. Oh well, at least it's getting better.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:16 pm

\

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:20 pm

I've never had to participate in jury duty, and I hope I never have to do it. You poor thing. :: pats comfortingly ::

Well, at least it isn't a common thing when you have to awaken so early.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Silvone, at least you'll get paid for it?

I got called for jury duty once. I had to call in every day, just to find out after four days or so (about 200 numbers before mine) that I wouldn't need to come in. >.> The worst of it was that my boss at the time refused to schedule me for work until we knew when I'd be going in because of how unpredictable it is. So I was out a week of work for absolutely no reason.

I complain that somehow, I went from not working this weekend to having to work tonight from 5-9:30 (though I'm taking a work-related phone call at 4) and tomorrow from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

I don't care what they say to me, I will not work Monday. Not happening, even if they come up with some reason to ask me to come in on my only remaining day off this week.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:44 pm

He won't get paid nearly enough for it to cover the hours he will be losing at work. Fourth of July is usually his biggest check except for maybe christmas time. It is going to suck indeed. At least he is getting 6 full days a week right now, it will help offset it if he gets picked for a trial.

I complain that, for all the cleaning I do, the house is still a mess Sad
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:17 pm

That really sucks that the jury duty pay won't cover what his regular pay would be. I hope he doesn't actually get picked to participate.

Ugh... I totally know how you feel about cleaning only to have it still be really messy.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Me too...We just found out the court is over two hours away, too.

I complain that I can't stop tearing up this morning...I blame the song that I put in entertainment thread. Listening to that on the side of a grave holding candles in your hands just brings the tears I guess. I wish I could get it out of my head!

I feel like I am weaker than I used to be. I used to be able to handle things and not even blink an eye. Now I feel like I get blubbery for no good reason. I hope it is something that goes away soon, because I don't like it and I don't like the way people treat me when I'm like that. It's never true compassion...more like others are looking down their nose at me.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Wow... They should be allowed to force people to travel that far to court unless they're going to pay for the gas, especially these days.

I feel similarly to you, Ryona. I used to be able to keep my emotions inside me all the time, but I can't any more. I cry over the stupidest, tiniest things, even if they don't matter. I can't explain it.

Maybe it's because as we age, we gain more understanding into things, and it allows us to feel our emotions more powerfully? I don't know, but I share a similar dislike of showing heavy emotions in public.

I think that while some people look down their noses at people who cry in public, others like... just don't know what to do to help, so there's that whole awkward comforting thing that just makes everything worse. =\

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Yea, I don't think they pay for gas Sad There is a hotel stipend, though, which is something.

It makes sense, what you say, growing emotionally as you learn. Some people never seem to weaken, though. Perhaps they have less attachments? I don't know.

That is true, sometimes its hard to console.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie the Ghost Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Well I bloody complain that I've been dead fah too long! What a load of cack this is! Ah bugga; gimme a bottle o' plonk and I be on me way.
Charlie the Ghost
Charlie the Ghost
Mascot
Mascot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Ryona/Kathryn, you wouldn't rather people just stood there and did nothing while you were crying, would you? Hmm

Hiya, Charlie! Your forum's missing. Smile
And your name isn't purple. Razz

I complain that tiled showers develop mold because SOME PEOPLE >( don't dry out the shower after they're done.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:52 pm

Whoa, Kalon, you just hit 4000 posts! Better take a screenshot to commemorate the occasion before you post again!

Now then...back on topic.

Bleh...I hate mold. I hate cleaning bathrooms, but I hate mold even more. Therefore I rage-clean everything in site to keep the nasty stuff away.

I complain that it's now been over a week since I first got sick with strep, and I still feel like I'm behind on recovery. I still have antibiotics through Wednesday, but there are still a couple of tiny spots on my tonsils that are just bound and determined to stick around. I feel fine and my throat doesn't hurt anymore, but I've still been so tired. I did nothing remotely strenuous this weekend, but I think it only made me even more tired. I'm so scared that I'm going to relapse once I go off the antibiotics, like maybe these little spots on my tonsils mean that there's still some strep bacteria lurking around to make me sick again.

Or maybe I'm just a hypochondriac. Blah...
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:Ryona/Kathryn, you wouldn't rather people just stood there and did nothing while you were crying, would you? Hmm

We are saying that IS what happens, not that is what we WANT to happen. That is why I don't like to cry, because people just look at you like you are crazy. Or weak.

Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 pm

Ohh, I see. Well, I guess that's not very nice of them. I guess if they're strangers they might feel awkward trying to help, afraid to creep you out or something.

I'd give hugs to crying people! Hug

I complain that I missed my screenshot for post #4000.
But, I have a companion celebratory post coming up in the celebration thread. xD
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next