FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And the Ghost Writer reveals himself...

+2
Gadreille
The Ghost Writer
6 posters

Go down

And the Ghost Writer reveals himself... Empty And the Ghost Writer reveals himself...

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Not exactly of course. For what sense does it make for a ghost writer to truly reveal himself as such?

Hello members of FOG!

I was tipped off about this humble community yesterday by a friend on Writing.com; a website for ambitious, self-publishing authors. I'll be the first to admit that I've never been involved in a "roleplay", but I have done "campfire creatives" on Writing, which are very similar to "RPs".

I'd love to sit around and tell you about myself, but a Ghost Writer doesn't do that now does he? No, instead he tells you about others. So let me tell you the story of a man named.... Jack; yes, Jack. That's a good, normal name. Like a Joe.

So Jack the Joe grew up in... let's say London; yes, under the gloomy, grey skies of cold London. He stepped out of a cafe one day, after sipping his usual cup of warm tea, attempted to cross the street and was hit by a double-decker bus.

So sad, Jack; the world will miss your unknown personality.

The End.

Story written by [name redacted].

What a wonderful, happy ending, don't you think?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Spoiler:
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

And the Ghost Writer reveals himself... Empty Re: And the Ghost Writer reveals himself...

Post by Gadreille Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Welcome to FOG, The Ghost Writer!

I feel the urge to call you "Ghostie" since saying "The Ghost Writer" feels like I'm talking about you rather than to you...anyway.

Hope you enjoy it here, I'm sure a lot of crazy welcomers are going to hit this thread with lots of insanity and a dose of useful information. I look forward to seeing you around!

Ryona
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

And the Ghost Writer reveals himself... Empty Re: And the Ghost Writer reveals himself...

Post by The Ghost Writer Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Ryona. Feel free to call me what you wish, for it is the role of a ghost writer to assume the identities of many.
The Ghost Writer
The Ghost Writer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Welcome, Ghost Writer!

That was nice of your friend to refer you to us. Even though you've never technically role-played, it sounds like you've had some similar experiences and are certainly familiar with writing itself, which is more than great. Smile

What a tragic tale of a poor British man. May his soul rest in peace (and not be haunting that double-decker bus).

Hope you enjoy yourself here, and let me know if you have any questions!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Welcome to FOG, Ghost Writer! Don't worry about not having role-played before. I didn't have much experience with it when I first joined FOG, but I had done enough creative writing as a hobby that it was pretty easy to adapt. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding your role-playing groove.

Poor Jack... Maybe he'll make friends with Charlie (our esteemed FOG mascot) and they can go on haunting sprees together or something.

Enjoy your stay! Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:09 pm

I sense intelligence! I sense wit! And a certain flair for the theatrical!
This one's a keeper! xD

Welcome to the FOG, Ghost Writer! cheers
I think we named our footsteps after you. ^_^

I've no doubt you'll fit in spectacularly around here. Wink
Do have a look 'round and see what you can see. If you happen upon aught which sparketh interrogative musings, right here in your intro thread is a great place to ask all sorts of questions--from the informative kind (which gets two to five of us racing to deliver a paragraph of answers) to the stupid kind (which might just end up as a bit of FOG history if it spirals out of control, as I've known them do).

Have fun in your exploration phase of the forums!
Happy writing, and enjoy the swirly mists! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Greetings, The Ghost Writer! Here’s some advice so that you don’t get lost in the spiral mists.

And the Ghost Writer reveals himself... Welcom10

Welcome to Footsteps of Ghosts!

Check out our rules, etiquette and "What is FOG?" sections.

If you want to discover our newest features or share feedback about the site, stop by the news and announcements area. If you have any trouble using the forum itself, try the FAQ.

If you have any questions, our staff will be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a chat room if you would like to talk to our members now.

Take a moment to browse our forums and perhaps find a role-play to your liking, a place to receive input on your works of literature or simply to converse with people of similar interests.

Welcome! I love your name. <3
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down