FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOKoR Artbook

4 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 8 Empty Re: TOKoR Artbook

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:04 am

*eyes get wide and shiny and bounces in my seat like a phone set on vibrate, and makes a high-pitched squeaking/excited screeching from my throat, a huge grin plastered unmoving on my face*

The cat is offended by this developing behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 am

My cat's eating lobster right now. He doesn't give two craps about what I do unless it involves giving him more lobster.

MY LOBSTER, CAT. GO AWAY.

I've also got to be careful about how I describe him. Like I said, I haven't given him his own POV - if ever - so I have to do it from everyone else's angle. Benoit hates him, Jason's iffy, Alex isn't even there... it's probably gonna have to be up to Gary if I'm gonna get to gush over him. Razz And I hope you like who I picked for Xander, because I can't change it now. My mind is stuck on it. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut you aren't gonna know for a while because I don't want to cloud your opinion so... ENJOY!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2851668/1/The_Other_Kind_of_Roomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:03 am

Things I Can't Say

Original Colors

Alternative title: "Just Need to Hear You..."

First piece of 2011 and it's Osono! Yaaaayyy! =D I just realized...I never draw her. I'm always drawing Eric, Benoit and Xander. Even ole boring Alex has more pictures than she does! D:

Alright, anyways, this is the scene where she calls her dad in the gas station. Idea just came to me how I wanted to illustrate it and I've been in a bit of a mood lately.

ANYwaaaays, this was a bit hard to do for some reason. I struggled a lot with making her head look right and even now I think it still looks a little elongated and off. But I'm happy with it and I edited it in the computer to make the colors that way and to blur the background gas station. I'm very pleased that it achieves the mood I originally wanted even though I totally didn't plan for it to turn out bluish.

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Sad She looks so sad...

You're right - this is exactly the mood you wrote. The blue (well, purple) works to let it in, too. The shading came out great on her face and her left hand, and very, very nice touch with the background out of focus.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I guess it is more purple than blue. ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 am

Fierce Finger

(Prepare for a bit more Benoit gushing below)

I love this scene. Mostly, what struck me the strongest about it was Jason's description of Benoit after Eric yells to him and he comes back around the corner. Specifically, the "fiercest middle finger he's ever seen" comment. The image it puts in my head is just "wow". Basically, it's the image I illustrated above, lol.

It's not the fact that Benoit is running so fast from Madeline that Jason barely has a moment to register what the hell that blur was. It's not that he was ruffled enough to come back around the corner to, once again, stomp on the line of protocol between himself and Eric by giving him the finger in the first place. It's Jason's description of it as "the fiercest".

Something about Madeline's attention has awakened a primal response in a man I normally consider so elegant and composed he has a reason to seem arrogant and stuffy. The absolute flight. And to top it off, Eric awakens an equally urgent response of hidden violent threat. Throwing up the finger just seems so out of character, but at that moment it is the PERFECT articulation of his distress and anger and I love it. Very powerful imagery.

But it's not just that. I'm really growing to adore Benoit - especially after reading the recent page-by-page role-play analysis that Tartra's been doing. There's no question that there are some messed up and colorful people employed by the Agency. It wasn't too long ago that Jason sort of represented "the normal/neutral/everyman" of the group. The only guy who didn't seem to have any really outlandish issues.

Then again, in the beginning up to about page 7 or so, I sorta envisioned Benoit as capable of evil. The way Tartra described his personality at first, coming in and arrogantly pushing his fellow Agents aside and the way he goading Xander and his overall expressed goals, mixed with the fact that from the beginning I've imagined him(in the mind movie that plays while I'm reading the role-play) as Lambert Wilson aka the Merovingian, combined together to kinda glue this image of an oily, snake of a man. A kind of classy, richness that put him above others and made him consider all life with a sense of destructive and bored apathy. I even stuck by this image and ignored several signs of emotion until Madeline came along and completely tore down the walls and turned him into a victim.

This scene in particular is a part of that "awakening" process about Benoit. Like, "Whoa. He's got emotions afterall." Then it just kinda spiraled and consumed everything else about him - his grieving over Jean, his obsession with Xander, his drinking, his victimization at the hands of both Madeline and Eric, etc. Really opened my eyes to see him as something totally different than a classic villain from some Bond movie or something.

And I'm now even starting to consider him, along with Jason, the two "normal" guys of the group, although Benoit is a bit harder to fit because we hardly ever get any thoughts.

Anyways, this was a lot of fun to draw, although I'm not sure if his "coming back around the corner" in the last panel is completely clear. And I'm not terribly happy with the "blurred" Benoit running by. Also not happy with how short Eric's arm is in the first panel, but having it shorter allows me to show his hand and the hand helps articulate that kind of "pushing Jason back" gesture to it.

Also, Tartra sorta woke me up and made me more conscientious of Eric's different expressions. When I first envisioned this scene, I imagined Eric sort of frowning a bit when Benoit zips by and having a glaring frown on his face as he yells after him. But in our discussion before about Eric's "I'm going to kill Rudy" smile, it became clearer to me that Eric's expressions revolve around different degrees of his usual happy face. Granted, in that other comic, I had imagined Eric smiling EXTRA large and creepy when he got mad, it's apparently incorrect. He DOES get mad and have a mad face but it's suppose to be a softening/tightening of his usual grin. So, in drawing this, I kept that in mind and gave him a sorta smile/glare in the second to last panel.

Also, the words beside Benoit are more a "mental/implied" thing rather than being spoken aloud.

Reposting the scene here, because it's fairly short and I love it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:33 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm so delighted! Benoit's angry face is the best angry face I've seen yet. This whole comic makes me feel good, and little Jason is so adorable. Smile I need to give this guy a hug or something. Seriously - both of them, all of them, except maybe not Eric because he'd snap me in two and I'm not sure if it'd be on purpose.

Awww - this just highlights how unfair the RP's been to poor Benoit. He gets no real time to shine at all. As far as being a victim goes, he is by far one of the most entertaining victims I've had to bother in a while and I adore getting the chance to stick him in almost every situation I can think of. I love this guy. Benoit? You're awesome. Don't worry about trying to figure out what you're supposed to think of him yet; how he was at the beginning of the roleplay is exactly as in-character as how he is now.

And Eric? Yeah - that guy has yet to frown. ^__________^ He's so happy!

... I feel like this should've been a more insightful response, but I'm not sure if a) it'd be warranted, considering I'd be explaining someone who's only half-explained to begin with or b) appropriate, because that's what the RP is for.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning I'm thrilled you put so much thought into the characters. I'm glad they get to any point at all where you can change your mind about them. You'd probably have less time to do it if I could stick to actual schedule, like I should've been doing but haven't thanks to these obscenely uneventful holidays, but I'm hoping everything that happened was through the roleplay. I don't want to think I'm changing your mind from the sidelines. :/

Last edited by Tartra on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Also, I laughed for a good twenty seconds from the name on its own.

'Fierce Finger'. Ahahhahaha...!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Hehehe! Yay! So glad you like it! And do not worry about an insightful response or indepth about Benoit. We've talked about him enough before that it's not necessary. i just felt the need to state what was going through my head while I drew this - which was basically all the stuff we've talked about before, that you've mentioned in your analysis, etc. So, it's okay. Just happy you enjoyed it! Very Happy

And technically, Eric HAS frowned...sort of. Depending on whether you saw this scene as happening that way may make my next piece - which I'm just inking right at this moment - very well-liked or...I'll have swung another miss with my interpretation of Eric. ^^; Either way, I hope it makes you laugh at least. Giggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Making Faces pt. 1

Making Faces pt. 2

Making Faces pt. 3

This is not something I even planned to do! But reading the previous comic scene in the role-play, I read a little further and laughed out loud at the images that played in my head, so I had to do it.

So, this is a few minutes after Benoit runs by and disappears around the corner. Madeline and Eric share a "moment" where she yells at him and then he mocks her. This is very literally how I imagined it playing out.

OMG! I had sooooo much fun drawing Eric's faces! XD They all make me laugh. Hehehehe! He's so silly. Again, like I said before, he "kinda" scowls in this scene. Quote from Jason's thoughts/description:

"...looked more stuck on coming up with a polite reason to kill her. When that failed, he stuck out his chin, turned his nose up, pulled the corners of his mouth down – he was mocking her."

The last part with Madeline "hmph-ing" was an odd part that didn't fit on the previous page. Anyways, even if it's not completely accurate, it's how I imagined it. Razz

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:36 pm

This is PERFECT!!!

Exactly how you imagined it, exactly how you drew it, is exactly what I was going for when I wrote it down. This is the most PERFECTLY wavelength we're riding on and do not stop eerily reading my mind!

Does this count as him frowning? Okay - technically. You win this round, Time! Razz

I'm finding it really hard to decide what the icing on the cake of this is. One, Jason is adorable. I can't get over how stuck-in-the-middle he looks through this, and in the middle panel of the second page, whether or not you meant for him to do it, he's got a look that almost expects Madeline to lunge at them and he's just bracing himself for the attack. Alternatively, he's upset mommy and daddy are fighting.

Eric's faces? You aren't alone in thinking those are hilarious. If you were giggling as you were drawing them, I fully support it. Very Happy And the smile he gives at the end of it just wouldn't've been the same without that head tilt, happy sun, fluttery flower, bubbly butterfly and cheery bird. It cracked me up and was what I'd hoped you'd see when he went back into his super-ultra-good-mood-for-forever.

Madeline always looks fantastic. You're utterly unable to draw her ever looking bad or even wonky, but I loved her first panel, I loved the look she gave back to him, and I loved the hair flip (whip?) at the end. Although once again... I'm cheating, 'cause I know what I'm planning and I chose to interpret that first look on the second page a liiiiiiiiiittle differently for a bit. Smile And I love the fact she took a moment to go back to scowling at him. There was a brief 'What's wrong with your face? Wait... Are you actually doing that?' before the 'YOU ARE STUPID AND I HATE YOU' and it warms my heart.

I don't think I'm allowed to tease you if I'm not even posting. >_> I'm headin' back to write again. WRITE, I SAY!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! You noticed everything about it that I was hoping you'd notice! Very Happy All of them were so much fun to do this time. I actually looked in a mirror to draw Eric's faces, sounding out "Ma-de-line" as exaggerated as I could. I love your comment about Jason's faces during the "stare-off". I was actually attempting to make it a more "now look at Madeline and go 'hmm'" face.

And...
You tease! >8U *inspects Madeline's face in that panel and tries to divine information and hidden plot points in it*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:14 am

"We Meet Again..." pt. 1

Page 1 of a comic I'm doing illustrating the scene where Benoit has a moment alone with Marshall Elias' body. This sorta grew. I started by imagining Benoit's reaction to the end part of this scene
Spoiler:
Then I got images in my head of different panels for this scene and kept pushing further and further back until I was at the beginning of the scene. So, that's what I'm doing.

I was going to wait and make this a surprise but since each page is taking so long - and I'm FREAKING EXCITED!!! - I'll post this first piece since it's done.

1. the first panel may be confusing with the colors, but I tried to do the lighting in pencil first before saying "screw it" and doing it in the computer.

2. The orange lighting from the hallway did not show up very well because the contrast is too high for the light colored pencil to show up.

3. I REMEMBER NOW!!! I hate coloring the stasis tanks! >8[ I had trouble with it in the picture with Eric and Stephanie and I finally remember all those problems all over again. Thankfully, I sorta remember what I did to fix it from last time, so it's not so bad.

4. The words are all hand-drawn. It might be a bit hard to read, but what it says:

"Finally, got away from that woman."

"So. We meet again. Circumstances are so different from the last time. For one, you're quieter."

I've noticed that in the few times I've drawn Benoit talking, I give him dark lettering and all CAPS, when actually, I've always imagined him speaking and thinking in the font I'm using for this comic. A kind of cursive, small and slightly messy rather than "flowy", if that makes any sense. All points and tiny curves as if the hand that wrote it was going quick, too quick to spend much time emphasizing each letter and yet not so quick that he gives up the propriety of writing in cursive in the first place.

5. Since in the role-play the scene is not an actual internal dialogue by Benoit, I'm not quoting anything directly but sort of giving a synopsis of what that post said in Benoit's "words". As if he were talking to Marshall - which in the post, it is implied a little bit that he's doing that, it actually more "describes" Benoit thinking at and about Marshall with the way Tartra wrote it.

6. In the actual scene, he is already in the room with the tanks in the beginning because he rode up with Marshall. But it mentions him wanting to kill himself if Madeline finds him again, so I started with him actively "hiding" from her.

7. .....Marshall is nekkid! Hehehehe! -^.^-

So...surprise! =D

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:09 pm

It's all well and easy to say "TIME YOU'RE THE BEST ARTIST ON THE INTERNET TODAY" for the art when it's really the little things that set you apart from everyone else.

I like the extra detail you give everything. The outlines and the shading have always turned out great, but I especially like the effort you go to in finding the exact posture and position of everyone you're drawing. Don't think it goes unnoticed! But the reason you had for changing the font - which I whole-heartedly agree with (and I'm all 'Benoit gets his own font! Hehehehehehehehhe!' on top of it) - is what speaks to me in this one.

Part 1? SERIOUSLY?! Time, we've gotta get you going on Flash or something. We must make this into a movie! But... baby steps, I guess. Razz Graphic novel?

^____________^ Hooray for nekkid!

... I'm being very immature about this. >_>

... ^__________________________________________^
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Hehe! *feels bubbly* Thank you! And don't go being immature about Marshall's nekkidness yet! Wink *zips lips*

I am not familiar with Flash and I'm computer retarded. I know just enough to get by on using my laptop and spend at least hours in the FAQ and help section of any programs I use on a regular basis just to figure out how to use them correctly. If I were to get set up with anything like that...I'd need someone to hold my hand. Hmm Besides, much prefer graphic novel. Razz

And yes, "part 1". This is going to be a bit big(estimating 4 pages total). And I've decided not to post anymore of them until I'm all done with it. There will be much "squeeing" tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:32 am

"We Meet Again..." pt. 2

"We Meet Again..." pt. 3

"We Meet Again..." pt. 4

Marshall sketch

(deviantArt is acting wonky for me tonight so larger versions are linked to photobucket for now; I'll fix the links later)

Ta-da! =D Goodness this was fun! To say it turned out exactly how I wanted would be a lie, but I'm not going to complain. For a full length, mostly colored comic of an entire scene, I think it's tha bomb! =O

2nd page of the comic is the next part of the scene that burst into my head after the initial part I thought of at the end(with Benoit smoking and then looking freaked out). I had wanted to put this one with the words that describe Marshall's skill but it fit better to actually show what Benoit is looking at as the next panel.

Marshall is nekkid! Gave him a neutral colored hair color because Tartra's being stubborn and won't give in to my creative - and desperate for details - demands. >8[ I wasn't sure how long to make his hair, but Benoit describes it "curling around his ears" and yet he did NOT mention it being long enough to rest on his shoulders. That led me to believe it is moderately shaggy. I've also included the pre-sketch because Marshall/Xander is hot and I love his hands, but they ended up being obscured by Benoit's big ass head. From his description of Marshall being tall and "speed" being one of his strengths, I drew Marshall's body muscular but somewhat lean. It's the physique I associate with runners and swimmers.

Words: "Things would have been so much easier if you'd just accepted your failure in the beginning. But you decided to flee. And for what?

As if you'd dedicated any amount of "care" in selecting the target. Should have just let it go."

Page 3: This was the last images I came up with as far as developing this idea and I wanted to show the distance between them in the room(because Benoit is "hiding") but also bring them close again. Marshall's body looks a bit off, but it's just a silhouette and tiny.

Words: "So much potential... Gifted with speed and strength to be envied. A resistance to pain making you a formidable foe. All of it wasted on your arrogance."

(also, side note: from now on, I'm drawing Benoit's words bigger. These were too tiny, but once I started, I wanted to stay somewhat consistent to the end.)

Page 4: The last 2 panels were what I started with in my head and exploded into the monster that is the rest of this. ^.^ The point of this page was to show the doorway empty for a while to show that Madeline "comes along and finds him". The post ends with her shouting "THERE YOU ARE!" but in the next post she hasn't actually found him until Eric grabs him.

It feels a bit clunky with his internal dialogue and then him saying "Idiot." aloud, but he kept on calling Marshall an idiot through that post and I decided to insert it in there. Got a bit sloppy with the art near the end but it gets the point across.

Words: "Now look at you. Painted red as the traitor you are and stuck inside a jar. And that's where you'll stay when I'm finished with you.

(then in the last panel) SHIT!"

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 pm

There are at least forty different and uniquely awe-inspiring details about everything you've drawn for this scene. The fact that you did it all, above everything else, stands out as the thing I am most grateful for. There's an immense 'thank you' in me right now and I can't get over this incredible of feeling of 'someone amazing actually sat down with pens and drew this. All of it.' I hope you know I'm never letting these things go, Time. It's at the point where I should start printing and obsessively framing them and it's getting harder to argue why I shouldn't.

I don't even want to ask how hard that stasis cell was to draw but I can't help it. Is see so much effort in the shading, the lighting and the whole of its design. YAY FOR THE HAIR! That description came through crystal clear. There's probably a better way to say I love his body other than blurting it out, but I like that wording better. Also, as much as I love it, I think a spy a window of more Marshal/Xander details so we're respectfully and maturely admiring the sexiness of this guy. Considering you did this - every part - with next to nothing to go off of, you have officially ousted yourself as a ninja hiding in my closet, but while I do think of him as relatively lean, not quite that lean. I say that in regards to the 'swimmer's body' description, which I think he's too big for (a runner? Yeah, that'd work. Very Happy), not the actual art itself, especially when it's clear there's a huge whack of distance between where Benoit is and where the cell is. And Benoit does not serve as the best basis of comparison. Razz

Damn you, Benoit's head. Sad No hands.

So I'm gonna stare at this some more now and start thinking of the best way to give you more information without it being obcenely obvious he's getting more attention than anyone else or ruining who I based it on. The second one's gonna be harder to do, but I'm still excited to have you solve it!
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Aww You flatter me. As much as you enjoy seeing the results of my work I love the opportunity I've been given to be creative about this whole thing.

As far as the description goes, don't worry so much about it. I've "hit the nail on the head" or at least close to it with the minor descriptions you've given before.

And...your status message right now makes me lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:30 pm

My roommate through a bottle at a Russia fan yesterday. Those guys are getting off light with me just not talking to 'em. World Jrs. is srs bsns.

For Marshall/Xander's description, I'm expecting it to be finalized when Alex shows up for the party. If there's still stuff left on the table about what's clear or not after that, that's when I'll fork over every detail I have. Smile
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Didn't like the recent pictures I put up, so I took them down. ^^

Will post better stuff later. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 am

And the only thing I can say in response to this is, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:41 am

Madeline sketch

New portrait! Finally did one for Madeline! Based off of a picture of Milla Jovovich from her role in Zoolander. Her eyes look a bit big and she looks more surprised than angry but it's a very "Madeline" expression in my opinion - "(I can't believe he just implied we're a FAMILY!!!) STAY THE F*** AWAY FROM ME, PATTEN!!!"

Funny story with this version of my typical celebrity casting - Tartra's description of both Madeline's character and her physical appearance just happened to mesh very well with Milla's Zoolander role, but it's something we discovered several weeks after she'd already been present in the role-play and I'd drawn multiple cartoons of her. Kinda eerie. Razz

Eric sketch 2

Without glasses version

Another sketch of Eric - I've been stuck on this guy for like, the past month or so, a lot like I was with Xander a while back. Although I still adore Xander a lot and love reading his parts in the role-play(he's my fav. character), there's just somethin' about ERIC, man. Love him lots too. ^.^

Anyways, I've done a Woody picture for Jean and then I drew Melvin-Eric-Spade, but I never drew Eric-Jean. I considered just taking the old Jean sketch and puttin' glasses on it, but since I'm so in love with Eric right now(and I said to myself, "Self! *snap* *snap* Pay attention, I am talkin' to you! That smile original sketch of Jean has is not NEARLY big enough to be an Eric smile - you should definitely draw MORE Eric!") I decided to do ANOTHUR ONE! :3

So...more Eric! \o/

Last edited by TimeOfTheEye on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartra Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 pm

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It actually scares me how hyper-realistic these are. Legitimately, indefinitely, skin-chillingly scares me. I feel like you have actual actors in your basement and you're spending your nights shouting, "POSE! POSE PROPERLY AND DON'T MOVE!"

Madeline's left eye (my left) seems a tad large on the inner corner, and I only notice that because the right eye is just so damn pretty. I want this woman's eyelashes, I want her eyebrows, and if you do have someone even close to resembling her in your basement, I'm taking her first. I shall put her in pretty dresses and she scowl at me and I'll go, "Silly Madeline, your anger just makes you more adorable!" You'll be there, of course. We'll need artistically rendered documentation of the moment she snaps and breaks me in two.

YAY ERIC! I've been going crazy with how much I'm adoring him, too. I got a review from one of the people on FP saying he was creepy and I was like, "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! THIS IS WORKING OUT PERFECTLY!" So to get that and to see this at the exact same time is just... Your timing is perfect, and I fully believe you've officially set a new bar for what you can do with a pencil. I went over your other sketches again (always do at least once a week because I'm obsessive...), and I can honestly say that this is the most spot-on piece yet. The lines are much more defined and precise at every corner of his face and the shading is, in one word, delicate. There's so much more texture that came through: over his eyes, around his eyes and especially at the corners of his smile (which makes me so happy on its own). What's odd is that the neatest touch is the glasses. The lenses of them - easier to see with the right (my right) - are tilted back in a flawless burst of perspective, and their corners of are about the closest anyone can get to 3D. I can't get over how well they were drawn. I have zero room to nitpick at anything and I'm thrilled over it.
Tartra
Tartra
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Celebrities would like MY basement. I have boxes of fun old stuff down there. B)

Thankya! And yeah, sometimes, I get very wrapped up in the drawing - when I do these realistic portraits, I start from the left and go to the right(I'm right-handed, so I don't want to smudge) and I zoom in on the different shapes and shades of things. So, lots of times, I don't realize how "off" something is until I scan it, sit back and look at the pictures side by side and by then I'm like, "eh...I'm not gonna fix it". I rushed with Madeline and I'll probably do another of her just to take my time with it and do it better - the expression was PERFECT and I'm a little sad that I was sloppy with it.

Eric was a dream to do! I found that picture of Woody - he's got a really odd open-mouth smile with weird teeth >_>;; - and I said "ERIC! =D" I loved every minute of that one and really zoomed in on the different textures and lighting of his skin. He came out a bit wrinkly - which I imagine Jean-Eric to be a few years younger than the current Woody - but I love that sunshiny/menacing cupcake look in his eyes.

Oh! And I saw that person's comment and I KNEW you'd be happy! I remember how you seemed kinda a mixture of deflated and yet relieved when I told you my first reactions to Melvin-Eric were on par with Stephanie's. You said something along the lines of "...Well, I kinda thought you'd be sick of him by the third or fourth post..."

Me: "WUT??? MORE ERIC PLZ! Very Happy "

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 pm

The Proposal

Okay. So, it's been a while and it's unlikely anybody is still watching this but I'll post just in case. I've been in a very odd mood lately where I have been obsessively shipping Rudy + Squiddie for no goddamned reason. Rudy has inexpliclibly fallen in love with Eric's silent, yet extremely violent and strong, bodyguard and I have no idea why. I don't know how to handle it - it makes no sense and Rudy devolves more and more out of character with each post that I let him entertain this crush. So... this is how I'm handling it. By drawing the hell out of it(oh, sure, this is just the first one but you better believe it won't be the last; who knew that drawing muscley women was so much fun??? humon knew!).

This is an illustration of a fantasy jumping off from the latest scene in the role-play where Rudy tries to convince Eric to let him talk to Squiddie alone. He doesn't but I can just imagine(in great detail, as you can see) how it would have actually gone down had he been allowed to speak with her. Oh, and don't let the little idiot fool you! He's enjoying himself immensely, I assure you.

Last edited by Ten on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

Eric Laughing

So, I was watching The Big White recently and although he only has a small part, when Woody Harrelson shows up in a few scenes and starts laughing, I instantly felt like I was looking at Eric. I knew I needed to draw him. So, I captured a couple of screenshots and this is the first drawing of one of them. Granted, looking at it now, it seems a little psychotic, but my original impressions were of the subtle, roundish shadows on his cheeks, giving him that look of boyish glee which I think illustrates my feelings about Eric. And of course the slight madness in his gaze as well, which also makes me think of Eric. But it was mostly that cheekbone thing.

Last edited by Ten on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 pm

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 8 Tokor_right__i__m_the_dumb_one_by_belladonna_atropa-d5ecwvw

Oh, Right. I'm the Stupid One.

OMG! I have been sitting on this thing for-freaking-ever! Ever since Qk wrote the scene with Benoit and Eric chatting after the Antis leave Charlton, I've had this in my head. Eric is delightful and just absolutely adorable, so of course, everything he says I visualize it as a comic with a punchline(particularly since Benoit plays his straight-man perfectly).

For the longest time I wanted to just draw Jean-Eric for this, since I am familiar with his facial features and can draw it no problem. Since he was in Leon's body at the time, that means I'd have to come up with a new facial structure. I ended up doing it but it took a long time to get over whining about it(he's my favorite character to draw and yet he has the power to constantly change bodies! Wtf, Eric??). Leon's only description was literally: pale skin, light brown hair, round jaw, and low brow. So, I didn't have much to go on trying to interpret her vision, but it gave me the freedom to interpret it my own way.

Everytime I reread this scene, I got the urge to draw it and it was all fueled by my visualization of that last face Benoit makes. It's just a perfect, cynical irony face. It might not be exactly what she had in mind, but it's the reason this scene delights me so and I'm glad I finally got to put pencil to paper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Barrier Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:17 pm

*sigh* I wish I could draw...

wait, let me re-word that.

*sigh* I wish I stopped making excuses and drew enough to become good at it.

Anyway, this thread needs more muscle bound woman proposing to nerdy guys in violent ways. it was promised, but not delivered.

No seriously, your drawings are charming.

Blade Barrier
Blade Barrier
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks BB.

Also, thank you for the reminder. I'm suddenly obsessed with Squiddie + Rudy all over again. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Drew these a few weeks ago:

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 8 Tokor_benoit_doodle_1_by_belladonna_atropa-d5g0a0v

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 8 Tokor_spies_1_by_belladonna_atropa-d5g0asg

TOKoR Artbook  - Page 8 Tokor_spies_2_by_belladonna_atropa-d5g0ays

This is the scene that follows the "Right. I'm the Dumb One." comic page. I love that whole scene because I just imagine Eric looking so comical as he gets confused by the stuff Benoit is saying. There are small moments and lines that strike me as hilarious but in drawing them, I either screwed it up somehow or just lost steam. So, let's just bleh bleh bleh, it's crap. *makes a small farting noise with my mouth*

I like the facial expression changes in the last page, showing the progression as Eric slowly "gets" what Benoit is referring to and Benoit's subtle change as he realizes how genuine Eric's confusion was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8