FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have A Nice Day

+7
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Kathryn Lacey
Kaislynn
Fate Flyer
Shades Of Gray
Gunneh
Kaito
11 posters

Go down

Have A Nice Day Empty Have A Nice Day

Post by Kaito Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:14 pm

So.

Let's first introduce ourselfes. I'm from Germany, currently employed as a C# developer, and soon to be studying at the University for a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. I plan to stop programming in the future for writing professionally, but that's still in the stars.
So much for the geek show.
I train Parkour and Freerunning for more than four years now (yeah, back then no one knew about it... good old times) and basically spend most of my spare time on training.

Some years ago I stumbled upon some good fanfiction for my favorite computer game and was quite excited to realise that it was written by some commoner... like me! (NO! I didn't start writing fanfiction ~.~)
Basically the same board had a nice RP section which I joined and, to be honest, my first posts were one paragraph long and took me 45 minutes to write. And sucked. But time goes by and writing in english kept getting easier and the writing style kept getting better (And I know there's still a far road ahead.)

Basically, when that board's RP section died, I was on the lookout for other open RP boards with some quality content and, after a visit at another board, was invited here. (I must say it looks promising)

I tried to join some local RP groups but it never really worked; army service, work schedules and training times always conflicted their meetings... ;/

I have a dedicated time of 2 hours per day just for writing (when I'm on the train to work and back) which I use to write my own stories aswell as RP here (with RPs having priority).

If you've read until here, you have too much time. Go out and enjoy the weather.

greetings, Kaito
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Have A Nice Day Empty Re: Have A Nice Day

Post by Gunneh Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Too much time OR we're supposed to come in and read every bit of a new intro post. The latter would be where I fall in XD You seem like you got some very extraordinary credentials on your resume, so I'm sure that you're going to be an awesome addition to the forums!

Welcome to FoG!
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Ha Ha, here here, Gunneh! Though, I must admit, I enjoy reading the intro posts. I got especially excited hearing that you're involved with freerunning, so go you with that!! If you've got any photos, feel free to post some of your stunts under the "Post yo photos" thread. Very Happy We'd love to see them! Welcome to Fog, Kaito!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Thank you both. Smile

I have mostly only videos, since action photographs are way harder to shoot than recording. (Also, we don't really have the best of equipment for that purpose Razz )
I currently have 6 hours of raw footage from our 7 day trip last week. It will take a while to make it into a clip, but I will be posting it when it's done. Very Happy

greetings
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Ha! Yes, please share the video with us when you're finished! I know here in America freerunning isn't very well known like it is in Europe, but I'm certain you'll gain quite a number of fans once they discover the awesomeness. :3
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Hey there, Kaito, and welcome to FOG! Wave

Programming and writing - two awesome talents! :]

That's so neat that you do freerunning! It looks like it'd take a lot of training. I've watched videos before of the camps that the people go to to train for that, and it can be pretty intense, but they get so good at it. It's truly amazing what the human body can do.

Your English is really pretty good! Very Happy I actually have relatives from Germany (my father was born there, and my mother also has German relatives), so my parents both know how to speak it pretty fluently (especially my dad). I was so excited to learn the language too for myself once I got into high school, and I took it my Freshman year, but after that, the German teacher left to work at a different school (where he got paid more), so we were left with only Spanish. Sad Suffice to say, I don't remember a lot from German class my Freshman year, since that was...7 years ago now (gosh, I'm getting old), but I do really love the language! I also got to visit Germany as well when I was 6 (but sadly, I don't remember much of it).

That's so crazy that you type up your role-plays while you're on the train! I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate well enough to do that, so kudos to you! Smile

Lol, the weather isn't so nice out, but I enjoyed reading your intro!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaislynn Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey!

As I am the first non-mod to post, let me explain that I'm at work so no outside for me at the moment.

But Welcome to FoG, great intro! A pleasure to make your aquaintence.

Parkour is pretty hard core Very Happy I can't wait to see the video and see you around the boards.
Kaislynn
Kaislynn
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:55 pm

Oooh. I read the entire thing, but I already spent some time away from home in the weather, so there!

Welcome to FoG!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:59 am

It would seem as if we have yet another new member that needs welcoming. Allow me to do so immediately.

Welcome to FOG, I look forward to seeing you around, and I do hope you decide to become active.
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Apparition
Apparition

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:08 am

Wow. Well, that sounds super interesting- the whole Computer Science thing.

To be completely honest, I'm okay with computers, but I just do a lot of praying that my compy doesn't blow up on me or something XD LOLZ

But anyways. You sound like an interesting writer, and I- just like many others who've already replied obviously XD- can't wait to see you around on the board.

I'd love to see some of your writing, sir Kaito.

Enjoy your stay at FOG.

P.S.- if you ever need anything, you can always depend on the super-friendly Administrators or the team of Moderators.
We're here to help you Very Happy

~Eternity
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 am

The Forum ate my post ;_;

I hate being logged out while you type. :/

I'll summarize real quick:

@Eternity: I wonder if I'm that good a writer. Very Happy My blog is currently down because I forgot to pay the bills ^^;

@Kaislynn: This week was more jumping and fooling around than hardcore Parkour action. Razz But I will produce a hardcore poser video sometime this year.

@Fate: Should you ever want to drop by in Germany, just let me know. This is the same for everyone else, mind.
Writing in the train was hard, at first. I couldn't concentrate when I knew someone was able to look over my shoulder. But I decided not to waste the time each day and so forced myself to write. And what can I say, you get used to everything.
It seems that this board is only like, a month old. Did you set it up, yourself? It looks neat, for sure.

And now back to work. ;/

greetings
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:27 am

Oh no! I've never had that happen before yet. *hits the board* Sorry you lost your post.

Lol, thanks! I would like to visit again someday. Smile

Oh, and yep, this place just was created May 13th, so it's still not even a month old yet.

Have yourself a good time!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluff Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 am

Wow. Sorry, but whenever I hear the word "parkour" I immediately have a vivid flashback of District B13.

You, sir, are annoying awesome. *salutes*
Fluff
Fluff
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://z9.invisionfree.com/the_temple_of_kraden

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 am

Welcome to FOG Kaito!

Your job is very interesting, I was once interested in a similar career path! I am glad to see you're trying to start a full time writing career though!

Very Happy
Tempest
Tempest
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 am

Welcome buddy, glad to see you took me up on my offer to join. I hope you enjoy these forums (seem to already be gaining popularity) and look forward to seeing you in the zombie uprising. Boogie
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down