FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land of Lucid Dreams OOC

5 posters

Go down

Land of Lucid Dreams OOC Empty Land of Lucid Dreams OOC

Post by Baker Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Baker wrote:Sooooooooo, I got a story idea from a dream last night, and it involved people actually living out their dreams, in a dream setting. I got to thinking about it, and thought "Hey, what if dreams were linked?". Well, some ancient cultures also believed that dreams were a portal to another realm, soooo, then I thought "What if these realms were linked together some how to form a world?" Sooo, basically, what this means is that each person has their own dreams obviously, the setting, each setting is linked in some way or another, creating an entire dream world that each person has their own part of. So, every night someone goes to sleep, they enter an entire new world, and I would love to base something going on around this, whether it involves someone taking over it, or just going through everyday life trying to escape into your own little world.

Also, Lucid dreaming will be the base of this, but you cannot change any of the surroundings from the setting you choose for your realm in the beginning. I want to develop a bit more into this, possibly make a story maybe or move this into advanced when it is all figured out.

So, by now the base plot has been almost decided. The story will be somebody trying to take over the different dream realms. The good characters will be forming up and trying to stop this villain from taking over their dreams and minds. Who that is I have no clue as of yet, I am hoping to get someone to play the big bad villain soon.

Just to clarify, Kingmaker asked a good question earlier, and there WILL be points in the RP where you will be playing a normal, awake person. We will allow our dream people to meet in real life, and things like that. (A secret, the villain should be more vulnerable in real life than in the dream realm)

So, the requirements of the RP will obviously be under the advanced rules, but I have a few of my own requirements. If you need to use space fillers for a thing, please don't make them incredibly obvious, there IS such a thing as too much detail. Nobody wants to read about the exact shade of red on the window sill on the third floor of a building you aren't even entering. I like detail and explanations, but do not go overboard to fill up space.

The Character sheet on this will be pretty basic, but this particular RP will require two of them, one for your person in their dream realm, and the other for your person in the real world. You will have almost complete control of your character's realm, and it should be based on the kind of dreams they have and their goals or what they wish they could be. You can control obstacles and NPCs in your own realm which we will be visiting, but I ask you give me a guide or map of it or something simple you can whip up in MS Paint or something that you will stick to. This is Lucid Dreaming, but it is NOT able to change mid-dream.

Character Sheets:

Real World:

Name:

Appearance: (Picture or Paragraph)

Brief history: (When I say brief, I prefer a paragraph or two at most, not six or seven.)

Dream Realm:

Name: (Can be same as Real World, or can change if necessary)

Side: (Good or Evil, there will be very few evil)

Appearance: (Picture or Paragraph, can be the same as the Real World one if your Dream Realm is modern-based.)

Abilities or Powers: (Anything I approve, no god-modding powers, obviously)

The Design of Your Dream Realm

Please make it reasonably laid out, I don't expect huge details, but I expect enough so we can get the feeling of it, dark, nightmarish, or a colorful, bright, good dream. I know dreams change every night, so every time you sleep there can be small differences in your realm, but I will need to approve them so they cannot be huge moderations that can extremely impact the story to your favor.

I myself will get my own work up in the course of the next two days or so. I am not incredibly prepared to start this immediately, so no rush, but I will hopefully start it by the weekend.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Land of Lucid Dreams OOC Empty Re: Land of Lucid Dreams OOC

Post by Attie Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 pm

Baker, I'll have my CS tomorrow, I bet.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruss Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:44 am

CS this evening in all likely hood.
Heruss
Heruss
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 am

I'll get to it today if homework doesn't take more time than I thought...

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:44 am

Cool Smile No hurry guys, I might not even have mine up until Thursday.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruss Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Provisional Character Sheet.

Real World:

Name: David Frederic

Appearance: Land of Lucid Dreams OOC David-1

Brief history: There's not that much to say about David, he joined up to his local school last year to finish off his education. Fredric seems to be quite content in his life, his grades are just above average and David is a well behaved pupil. Friendly, amiable and a social butterfly he gets on well with people.

Born in a Podunk town in the middle of Rural Virginia, David has the country-boy air and mannerisms he and his family moved to The City when his father was promoted. A quiet, stable life seems to have been the main run for this boy and his politeness and slightly rural twang makes him instantly like able to the denizens of The City's inner school, where David is a pupil.

Dream Realm:

Name: Amaeth

Side: Evil

Appearance: Land of Lucid Dreams OOC Amaeth

Abilities or Powers: Lucid Control - Amaeth can slowly take over a victim's dreams, and then slowly their mind, bending reality of the person outside of their dreams, sending them insane or to do things vastly out of character for them, jaywalking, personality shifts, sleep depravation etc.

The Design of Your Dream Realm:

A dark, nightmarish tower set on a hill where the glass bleeds and is made of knife-like material, cutting any who enter this realm.

Thunder, lightening and perpetual overcast clouds show the sort of nature brewing at the heart of this dream realm.
Heruss
Heruss
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Great Job. Approved.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Character Sheets:

Real World:

Spoiler:

Dream Realm:

Spoiler:

The Design of Your Dream Realm
Spoiler:
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Real World

Spoiler:

Dream Realm

Spoiler:

I'll get the realm up later.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Not approved! Just kidding!
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Nice Attie Razz
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

So, I was trying to find a picture to describe the realm I was gonna have, but it was aggravating me. So, basically, just picture Tortuga from Pirates of the Carribbean (the place where they recruits the crew).
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingmaker Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Real World:

Name: Logan Barker

Appearance: Logan is fairly tall, 6'2", with a little muscle, and some fat on him. He's got brown, slightly fizzy hair, and normally wears glasses. His eyes shift from green, to hazel, to brown and back most days. He's never seen without a band t-shirt, or ripped jeans.

Brief history: Logan never wanted to take over the dream realm, it was kind of a side-effect. See, his sister went into a coma at a very young age, after Logan tried to save her from drowning. He came too late, and her brain damage was severe. She never woke from the coma, instead, she was stuck in a constantly dreaming state. Logan, who rarely slept, found he was a lucid dreamer shortly after. He met with someone, some vile dream monster who told him "Listen, if you don't help me, I'll make your sister's life hell. She can never wake up..."

So now, Logan is stuck in slavery to the person who's trying to take the dream
realm by force.

Dream Realm:

Name: Escrima

Side: Evil

Appearance: Land of Lucid Dreams OOC PROTOTYPE_armor_blade_G_rolli_by_prototype91

Abilities or Powers:
Manipulation of Flesh: Escrima can change the armorlike covering of his skin to turn into weaponry, giant hands, etc.
Ignus Faatus: If given enough fear, Escrima can produce a volatile purple flame that burns through anything in dreams. This is a despiration move, since it would consume him also, so don't expect to see it much, if ever.

Imagine a massive field, with an imposing gray sky, and trees that seem to move farther away from you as you approach. The ground is a mottled black-gray, no life and no vegitation. It holds the stillness before a storm, the trepidation, but never the release. It is cold, like a winter's day. All along the ground, are puddles. These puddles are inky black, and roughly 5'x8', so fairly large. No one knows how deep they are, not even Escrima. But they are all connected. Jump in one, and you'll come out another, drenched, soaked, with possibly hours of your memory gone. If you had a working watch, it would say you'd been gone for hours. In every pool, a toy floats. It doesn't matter if such a toy should be dense enough to sink, it still floats.

These toys, are the toys of the Lost.

Anyone who dreams of drowning winds up here, through the various pools. And by jumping in them, you go to their dreams. You come back when they wake, but remember nothing. Those kids who never wake up from their drowning dreams? Those kids with sleep apnea who die?

Those are the Lost.

Even Escrima fears them.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm

Very nice. Approved. Now, that should be the end of the evil people there. We only have 5 people signed up as it is and I want to keep the majority of them good. Miss Dagger should have a character soon, but it's no big hurry. There may be an IC up tomorrow night, or some time saturday.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Real World:

Spoiler:

Dream Realm:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 am

[10:57:27] But, also, the directions were to basically start off with whatever you want, I was thinking maybe somebodies car breaks down >.> New Car time <.<
[10:57:36] and since Attie's character is blind...
[10:57:37] well
[10:57:38] yeah
[10:57:38] Razz
[10:57:47] However
[10:58:04] Everyone needs to start somehow with the dream ending in blackness or some sort of bad thing Razz

That is basically the directions for the first post for the good side and Kingmaker, since Heruss technically has hold of him, could post that scene. As far as Heruss, he can decide on what he wants to do I guess, I'm not really sure yet.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Tue May 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Still no posts. Sad
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Tue May 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Sorry Baker. I've been out of here lately. On the bright side, in my absence I got a job and got enrolled in school for the summer, so life's pretty peachy keen.

Now just to catch up.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Wed May 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Okay, I'm seriously considering killing this off now, so, yeah. Would like to get something started soon.
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Sorry I'm swarmed with homework at the moment, I'll try to get a post up this weekend, hopefully friday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruss Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 am

Paitence Baker! I'm kind of waiting on someone else to post first before I give it a go.
Heruss
Heruss
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:36 am

Hello, Shiny happy people. Do we have permission/clearance to join? I have a three-day weekend with which to create a kick-ass profile...
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Baker Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I believe this is kinda dead lol we could start over, but we'd have to get everyone back
Baker
Baker
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:14 pm

Well, I'm still interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content