FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell Me About Your Dreams...

+7
Resurrection Vic
[Soma]
Adrius Frostglare
LunarScorpio
Lara
Thunder Daddy
Kathryn Lacey
11 posters

Go down

Tell Me About Your Dreams... Empty Tell Me About Your Dreams...

Post by Kathryn Lacey Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Everyone sleeps, and everyone dreams about something every so often. Many times we can’t recall what we dreamed, but other times, those dreams stick with us for a very long time. Sometimes dreams are crazy, some are calm, some are nightmares, some are sweet. Whatever visions lay behind your eyes during sleep, I want to know about them if you can remember what they are. We can also discuss the dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

I’ll go first.

The night before last night, I had a dream:

Jonathan and I were playing Halo. Of course, we didn’t have a game console. We were literally in the game, wearing those goofy suits, carrying guns. I don’t know anything about games, so he was guiding me through it, keeping me safe from annihilation. Eventually, we had to recharge our suits, so I went to this place that looked remarkably like a house. Jonathan was no longer with me.

I stepped through the door, only to be greeted by a guy in a blue suit without a helmet. He took one look at me and said, “You don’t want to recharge here. We’re the bad guys.”

“Well, are the red ones the good guys?” I asked.

“Yeah. They’re right upstairs.”

“May I go upstairs?” I inquired.

“Yeah. Sure. Go for it.”

So, I went upstairs where I was greeted by the ones who ran the base, and they helped me hook my suit up to the recharger. They laughed at me because I was playing a game about which I had little to no knowledge, but I assured them my boyfriend would be along soon. He simply had to take care of something first. They told me I was safe where I was.

As I sat around with them, they were a nice bunch, but they thought it was really funny to tease me about my general lack of gaming knowledge. My suit began to feel really heavy. I didn’t want to get up.

My dream didn’t end there. I slowly found myself awake while still being within my dream. My grandma came into my room to wake me. I remember her telling me it was almost 3:00pm, but my suit was so heavy, I just couldn’t move or respond to her. I worried her because of that. She asked me if I was all right, but I still couldn’t do anything because of the weight of my suit. Eventually, she shook my knee, and that managed to break me away from my dream, and I was able to respond and to remove myself from bed. It was quite strange.

Last night, I had another dream.

I dreamed I was at a Michael Jackson concert. It was before he’s had all of his work done, back when he was still black and still attractive. He was doing amazingly, and the concert was enjoyable. Suddenly, Tatyana Ali ((Ashley Banks from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)) was singing with him on stage. He had been taking song requests, and this song was one of them, but I can’t remember what song it was. It probably wasn’t even one of his own songs.

They were doing a good job, but you could see that Tatyana wasn’t really feeling it as much as him from here body language.

Suddenly, I was back stage, and she was having a mental argument with her mother who kept insisting this was a good thing for her. It would be a boost in her career, but she just did not want to do it. Tatyana ended up just leaving mid-song, and ruining Michael Jackson’s concert.

After that segment of the dream ended, I had a dream when I was Jenny from
My Life as a Teenage Robot, and I had an upgrade to take me from my teen years to my woman years. Apparently… I had four breasts as a womanly robot.

Anyway, there was this other woman there who was constantly competing with me, and we were trying to see who could gather the best M.J. merchandise. Technically, we were stealing shit, but in the dream it was more like “forgotten” things that we were taking. I don’t remember what she had gotten, but it was red, and I think she took it away from me. I tried to kick her ass robot style, but she was a good fighter.

Then a new segment began. People called Greys were meant to go through those “forgotten” items to sort them. I don’t remember what was to be done with them, but I was no longer a robot, despite the fact that my feud with that woman lingered. I was chosen to help the Greys, and she wasn’t, so it was great.

One of the forgotten things was a container that held trash bags, but it had a domed, clear cap over the top. If you opened it, there was this thing against which you put your mouth. I think it may have been for breathing, but I can’t remember. When you were finished, there was a tube of golden, shimmery lip gloss to reapply to your lips. I remember thinking that people were going to get herpes that way.

What sort of dreams do you guys remember?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Tell Me About Your Dreams... Empty Re: Tell Me About Your Dreams...

Post by Thunder Daddy Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

I remember this one vividly from when I was a kid, because it involved mech armors.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but like everybody had one. I was even out with my mom in my own mech armor too. She was shopping for clothes so I took off and ran into a friend who caught hell for breaking a mech armor he borrowed from another friend. That's all I remember.
Thunder Daddy
Thunder Daddy
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Last night, I dreamt that I spent an insane amount of time reorganizing my room with my friends. It started off with one of them showing up, talking about how she never saw me anymore (to which I responded "Hi. -wave-" for some reason), and next thing I know she, her sister, a few other people and I were in my room. I had started picking things up and putting them away while talking to her, and I step out of the room for a moment. When I come back, though it took me a moment to realize, my room looked different.

My two large bookshelves were in the same spot as they are now, but my bed was gone (a likely tribute to the fact that we now want to get rid of it) and the smaller shelves in my room were lined up along that wall. I had also somehow acquired a bookshelf that I saw in my local library, and we were working with that, as well. And to top it all off, they had pulled all these thin plastic shelves/drawers out from nowhere (one of my friends said they found them off in a corner; when I looked, there were such massive cobwebs that I believed her). I went off to get a broom and started to tell my mom to come look at my room, then immediately changed my mind and told her not to come in 'till I told her to. She was confused, but oh well, I wanted it to be a surprise.

There was another part to my dream that I can't really remember anymore. I just recall that we had been driving along, and every time we stopped and looked around, there were these three women in little red riding hood cloaks, with their hoods up. They were different heights, with one being really short and plump, and we all thought they were following us. Finally, some of the people in the car got out and... took pictures with them for some reason. Tied into that dream somewhere was someone throwing a net at me and tangling me up, and I recall that being part of a big deal at the time, but I can't remember any more than that. ):
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarScorpio Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:43 am

So, I just actually woke up and thought about this thread right off. As of late it seems as if I've started dreaming about whatever I watch right before I go to bed. Like, I was watching the Real World last night and I ended up dreaming about some of the people on there. It didn't use to be like that, but like I said, lately I've been dreaming about things that I've watched.

Also, my dreams have been very real lately. It's so weird because it's like I can feel the people I'm interacting with. It's been very easy to remember them too because they have been so real. I even got a story idea off of one of them, hehe. Anyway, that's what my dreams have been like as of late.
LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://felsphotos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm

A dream I remember so vividly... and one whose meaning I know all too well. I won't say what it symbolized, but it has deep meaning with me.

-------------------------------------

In the dream, I stood in a dark room, completely dark. Somehow, I knew, I was dressed all in white within the darkness. Tears streamed from my eyes and flowed down my cheeks like a slowly bleeding tree, yet my face showed no sadness. I stared at the blackness.

In the distance, I saw lights spring one after another. They began to float, to laugh and smile and hold each other closely. The lights formed a parade. The parade slowly marched, still laughing and ever joyous, while I stared from a distance. A wan smile spread over my lips as I beheld the parade of lights approach me, yet as it did the tears began to flow in torrents like twin waterfalls.

The lights passed by me and smiled and waved at me. I continued to smile, the tears crimson but not made of blood. Suddenly, one of the couples came by me and I became emboldened enough to reach out. I touched one of the lights.

The light took the form of a woman, lifted a gun, and shot me between the eyes. Blackness immediately engulfed me.

I don't know how much time passed. I'm surprised I hadn't woken up yet. When I did, though, I was obviously still in the dream. The bullet had left a circular scar like the crater of a moon directly between my eyes and above my nose. I looked again and saw the parade of lights approach once more, once again smiling and once again laughing. I smiled again, the tears flowing once more. However, when they came by and my arm reached to touch one, my other arm shot out and grabbed my first arm, pulling it back as the first arm touched the lunar scar on my forehead. My smile became a frown, though I concealed it from the sight of the lights. I looked up again and smiled... and the night went on in this fashion until I woke up.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:40 pm

That's sooo strange... I wish I had a dream dictionary so I could figure out what these things mean.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:12 pm

There are a whole lot of people in my driveway. We're watching some kind of performance, and have been doing so for a while. I'm setting up for my performance with Harry Potter, but a woman had just come up and was explaining to us that we couldn't set up where we wanted to because of some of the props for the show after ours.

I'm Hermione Granger right now, I know that. Or at the least, Emma Watson. In fact, I think that's a better guess - that we were all just the actors, not the characters.

All of a sudden, it's like a storm has just come out of nowhere and started making things blows away, and the wind's blowing so strong, and the wooden thing Harry and I are trying to set up is almost impossible to keep aloft. Harry is like "I'll go get Boy!" And somehow I know that 'Boy' is some huge dog or something. He disappears into my house, and I continue holding up the thing with all my strength.

The wind gets stronger, and the water starts to come down my driveway, and I see things starting to get violently thrown around, especially underneath my trailer. I abandon the thing I'm holding and run over to the back of the trailer, where things are starting to come out from underneath. I grab a hold of these huge plastic discs that a woman had just dropped, but as I move to bring them back to her, I see glass cups starting to come flying out from under the trailer. I drop the discs, knowing that while they won't break, the cups will, and I manage to grab one of the cups in mid-air.

The next wave comes crashing out from underneath the trailer, and another glass cup comes flying, and it shatters. Another wave follows violently. I turn away in an attempt to get out of its path, but I feel the shards slam into the lower part of my leg.

I scramble out from behind the trailer and fall to the ground right at the edge of my driveway. I know I'm crying, the tears just keep falling while I sob, and someone who looks like Professor McGonagall is suddenly kneeling on the ground next to me. "Don't tell me it's finally one of you three I have to look after," she says, but I just keep crying. All the while I keep feeling the sharp pain of the shards digging into my leg. It's not agonizing, but for some reason I just can't stop crying, as if it's the most painful thing in the world.

McGonagall pulls something out of nowhere and places it in front of me. Through my tears and the rain, I see that it's some sort of touch screen, and it's fairly long. She starts talking to me, telling me to answer the questions as the come up. It looks somewhat like a Harry Potter quiz, but the answers I'm reading have nothing to do with the series as far as I can tell. There are four or five answers to each question, and each question has its own panel. Each panel has a different image of one of the people in Harry Potter, including myself, but they're all dressed in casual clothing. All of the images are moving, like they're clips from a music video, and all the while I hear a song playing in the background.

As everything fades away, I just slip away...
And I dream about you all the while.

(I'm not sure how much of that is a real song, but those are the lyrics I remember. The second line may not have even been in the dream.)

For the first question, I manage to quote one of the options as my answer, but McGonagall looks at me for a moment and presses a different panel instead. For the second, I choke out the answer she's looking for. For the rest of the questions, I just cry harder while reading each of the answers, and after I've read them all McGonagall presses one at random and we move to the next question.

I was jarred from my dream by someone kicking something in my trailer, but I still woke with a tingling feeling in the back of my leg, where the shards had hit, and those last few lines of lyrics, accompanied by an image of the main 'five' characters from Harry Potter singing along, continued to float through my mind until I fully woke.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:07 pm

The night before last night, I had a really terrible nightmare.

I dreamed that I was watching things helplessly as the events of my dream unfolded before me.

The first scene was actually really frightening. I was in an apartment in a living room, and I remember in the next room, someone was dead and all of these black birds were flying around crazily, and another person was being killed in the living room in which I existed as nothing more than an invisible person.

There was this girl, and she was in a wheelchair, and she was desperately trying to unlock the door in order to escape before the murderer in the living room noticed her. However, he noticed her once he finished with the newly dead guy, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her violently from the wheelchair. It was then that I realized she could actually walk, so I have no idea why she was in the wheelchair.

She was terrified, and he was furious. He asked her where she thought she was going, and he pulled her outside, and forced her into a truck. They were driving for a while before the guy stopped it. It was daylight, but it was sort of in the middle of nowhere.

She flung herself from the truck, and she started running, but he caught her, and squeezed her arms so tightly she collapsed in pain. He asked her where she was running, and he told her he loved her, so she should stay with him. He told her she had to love him, but it was obvious she didn't. She hated him. I realized somewhere along the way from something he said that they were siblings, but she had been adopted.

She was crying, but she knew there was nothing she could do, so she stayed with him.

Then my dream flipped to an earlier scene in this deadly plot, and I realized there were four men, including the murderer, and the girl. She was actually dating one of the guys who had been killed. He was the one who was in the entry room that had had the birds. The other guy was the one who had been killed in the living room while she had tried to escape.

The four of them were good friends, and they were just hanging out in the same apartment, laughing and having fun. Whenever the blond woman spoke to the soon-to-be-murderer, he laughed along with the rest, and was friendly, but when no one was looking, he had this horrible gleam in his eyes when he looked at the happy couple together, and I began to feel more afraid at that moment than I had felt when I had actually witnessed the aftermath.

Then I realized I wasn't actually in this scene. It was just a movie. It wasn't real, and the guy who played the murderer was actually a really famous actor, but I can't think of his name now despite knowing it in my dream. I think if I saw a picture of him, I would know it because I can still sort of see it in my head.

I was watching this movie with my brother, but I was also inside the events, getting a first-hand view of everything that was unfolding at the same time. It's really kind of weird being in two places at once, but this happens to me a lot during dreams.

Anyway, the movie switched a scene where it showed the murderer working. He worked in a tropical rain forest despite the scene where they had been in the middle of nowhere in a desert sort of landscape, and I could see the black birds that had been in the living room in the very first scene I had witnessed.

I realized he had plotted a way to make an airplane crash in the forest, so many of the birds were wounded. This way, he could capture them, and put them in the living room to confuse the victim, so he wouldn't be aware of what was going to happen to him.

Then the plot moved forward in time to show that the time had come for the man to be murdered. I realized that he had plotted with the other guy to kill this guy.

The happy couple arrived at the house, and at this point, the birds weren't available in the dream. The murderer was sitting on the floor near a scalpel, and the guy walked into the apartment and saw it right away. He began to be afraid, and somehow he was separated from the woman.

Suddenly, he lunged at the scalpel to get it before the bad guy could reach it, but he was too late. The crazy one began quickly jerk the blade at the guy to cut his hands every time he tried to take it from him, so he couldn't. The murderer smiled at him all the while, and I was absolutely terrified. The victim ran into another room that was right across from the entrance to the apartment, and he locked himself inside it.

I remembered I was only watching a movie, despite my terror, and I think I begged my brother to turn it off. However, I was suddenly afraid of my brother because, while it was still understood that he was my brother, he suddenly looked like the murderer from the movie, so I shut my mouth, and I sat down to watch.

The room into which the guy went was really strange. It was like... the room was a weird addition to the apartment. Instead of the door being against the far wall and there just being a flat expanse of wall, it was like someone had built two walls to make an enclosed cubical of a room. It was big enough to be a small bedroom, but the two walls jutted out into the entryway part.

In one wall was the door. The other wall probably should have been just a blank wall, but it was like a rectangle of a hole with rounded corners had been added into the second wall. It was understood that that hole had been there the entire time, and the crazy one hadn't added it.

The crazy guy had chased the victim into the room, but when the door was shut and locked, the murderer had run around to the side with the hole, and he started trying to get into it. It was wider than a person, and it was about knee high. The only thing separating the victim from his predator was a white laundry basket. He tried to grab the laundry basket and use it as a shield, but every time he did, the guy slashed at his hands with the scalpel until the victim was crying, and the basket was thrust aside.

I was absolutely terrified at this time, and I felt like I could neither watch nor look away from this horrible scene. The guy suddenly started slashing him repeatedly with the scalpel very quickly all over his body, and you could tell the whole ordeal was incredibly painful. Finally, he finished, and these red lines started appearing all over his body, and they began to seep blood. The guy was just on his knees in shock and in pain.

The guy with whom the murderer had plotted came over with a machete, and he began to slash at the guy even faster than a reaction could be made. When he finished, more bloody lines appeared, and I was certain his limbs would begin to fall from his body in pieces. Instead, it was just the bloody lines, and suddenly, a hole gaped open in his abdomen, and bunch of water poured from the wound like someone dumping a bucketful of water. The water wasn't bloody, and I remember thinking that it was so strange, but I was so frightened and upset that I just kept watching.

The guy who desired the woman turned on his partner, and started killing him in the living room, and suddenly the birds were in the entry room, and the girl was trying to escape again. It was the same scene that I had first viewed.

Then my dream jumped forward past the part with the truck, and I knew some times had passed, and the murderer and the woman were in a bar with a dance floor together. It was obvious she had no choice in the matter because she feared for her life, but it was almost like she had given in to the fact that this was going to be how her life was as long as she lived. It was like she wouldn't even try to fight it any more.

Anyway, the guy was like, "Do you want to dance?"
To which she replied, "Not really." He grabbed both of her arms and squeezed them really hard, and he asked, "Are you sure?" She changed her mind because he was hurting her.

They proceeded to the dance floor, and, as they were dancing, these women at the bar were checking out the guy with the girl, and he did this obscene gesture over the helpless girl's shoulder at them. I can only describe it as that gesture a person does like... waggling their tongue to be a symbol of giving a woman oral sex.

The women at the bar just giggled amongst themselves as he did this a couple of times. Despite his doing this over the blond's shoulder, she noticed what he was doing, and she was really angry. Their danced stopped because she began arguing with him about how he should be faithful to her and not flirt with other girls. I think she had it in her head that if she couldn't escape him, he had better at least be with her and only her.

It was at this point I realized the boyfriend this guy had killed was named Noah, and the murderer's name was Nick, and apparently she had accidentally called the crazy one Noah, and she had gotten her ass kicked for it, so she's like, "You don't want me to call you Noah do you?" as if that was just as bad an offense to him as his flirting with other girls was to her. "He gripped her arms again, and he said, "Are you sure you want to do that?" as a threat, and she reiterated, "Are you sure
you want to do that?"

Then it ended. I think my dream kept going to other points of the same movie, and I'm not one hundred percent certain that the order in which I wrote this dream is actually the order in which I envisioned it, but I do remember awakening with my heart pounding in my chest because I had been feeling genuine fear during this dream. It was seriously terrifying though describing it here just makes it sound like a really bad B-movie.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:28 pm

I tend to be good at giving dream interpretations, even if they are only personal opinions of what they symbolize. I can't right now, it is far too late to do so, but I'd love to try to do it for you guys sometime if you want.

*finds fun in discovering symbolic meaning*

EDIT: Not only are dreams a symbol, but so too is the lack of them. I've lately been having dreamless sleep. The meaning of this worries me, as I can see the meaning either being personal peace... or a hungering void. I feel as if I need something to fill my mind, something to create chaos and interest... while at the same time I know that doing so will break the relative calmness I experience. Perhaps it means both...
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:38 pm

I think it would be really cool if you could interpret the dreams people have been having. It would add a bigger element to this thread. Thank you for offering your services.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [Soma] Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by CyB3r PuNk on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:21 am

I wish you had read the first post. Would you either delete your post or edit it to fit the purpose of this thread? This is about the dreams you have while you're asleep, it's not about the dreams you have for your life.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 am

Early this year, I dreamed about a man named Lance Costelo.

My dormmate had been telling me about a date she was going on, bragging really. Her date, apparently, was like an Ambercrombie and Fitch model, and I couldn't understand why she thought I'd be jealous of that, it kind of misses the mark on my "type." And then she says, "But, you might want to change, you're going with us." She had set us up on a double date knowing that I wanted to study for an exam coming up in a couple fo days.

Before I had time to protest, or change out of my less than appealing outfit, there was a knock on the door. Sure enough, there was this gorgeous guy, but he seemed all wrong to me...It was like I knew he was attractive, but I didn't think he was appealing.

"Gary!" (or some such name, hell, I don't remember HER name, didn't give a damned about his.) My roommate threw her arms around him.

He hugged her back and they moved out of the way. And there he was. He was maybe five-eight with a short black mohawk and these green eyes that showed just how he felt about the situation. He, too, had been tricked into the date. He ran his fingers through his mohawk, revealing a sleeve tattoo under his black, long sleeved shirt.

I remember that we talked and laughed alot that night and he seemed really cool. He liked to do mechanic work as a hobby and lived off-campus in a small apartment within walking distance, but he still drove his dinky little VW bug, a prized possession. He was twenty-one, and I think I was almost eighteen, but he was cool about it. There were a few time skips in the dream, so I can remember my third year of school, after he had already graduated with a mechanical engineering degree, when money was a little tight and Mom wasn't sure that we could cover next year's tuition with her two jobs, my work study position, and the aid awarded, Lance offered to help. He got a mechanic position at a local garage and donated half of each paycheck into my tuition. He kept reminding me that a ton of ramen was worth my education, and getting through this fourth year meant eligibility for my master's, when I get paid to keep learning. We had been dating only a couple of years then.

The next skip was what sticks out to me. It had been ten years since we met and we were at a celebration, not only had I received my doctorate in Molecular Genetics, but I had been hired by a major pharmacuetical research firm. Lance was quiet for most of the celebration, smiling and cheering for me, but thinking about something else all the same. After the celebration, we went back to his apartment and he let me in on the secret. He took off his shirt and showed me the new tattoo on his chest, over his heart. It was a blue dove with an ethereal essence in its grip.

"Vic, what do you think of it?" His eyes were a bit anxious.

"I, I think it's beautiful." But I was confused, and he saw it.

"It's pulling double duty. It's my tribute to a woman I see going places with her life, and it's my way of asking if I can see those places with you."

I was rudely awakened then by the shrill barking of my dogs...and there is no snooze button on shih-tzus >Sad

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 pm

This is a dream I constantly have. I don't have much time, so I will make it brief. Possibly, will edit it later to make it more detailed.

In the dream I see before me an urban landscapes. I am floating in midair when suddenly an orchestra begins. My hands, of their own accord, began to move and weave about gracefully, each motion being mimicked by large waves of ice that sprout up from the ground and air and grew out like crystalline tendrils, forming abstract objects and sculptures of many colors, rays of light reflecting and bending off their surface.

It was... beautiful... but intoxicating. Dangerous. Powerful. I had difficulty controlling myself, as I saw the beautiful tendrils begin to tear the city apart. Finally, I managed to stop... at least, in terms of destruction. Instead, my hands wove the ice to repair the damage, replacing the ugly, gray concrete with gem-like walls and windows.

Yet... after I was done reconstructing, I fell to the ground and soon enough the ice began to melt, but the walls that were torn were not rebuilt. The dream ended soon after that.

What my interpretation of this dream is: the ice represents art. Art is a powerful method of expression, the ability to show ideas in ways words could not show... to change in ways even raw actions could not.

What do I think the city is? The city represents the wickedness in society, rotten and filthy to its core, immoral and repulsive and dirty. Rather, it represents the ideas of society, the barriers and labels it sets... the "standards".

The ice destroyed society. This, however, had dangerous repercussions. Because the ideals of society were destroyed, society itself is left barren of an anchor to hold on to. Instead, the destruction is forced to stop once it is seen what it has done, and a new standard - one beautiful and understanding as art - replaces it.

But then, time passes. The expression is lost and melts away. The ideals fade as chaos once again replaces righteousness in the minds of others... but the holes in the filth, the damage that was left, was not rebuilt. Even when the ideals are not followed, they continue to exist.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 am

I lately had quite the strange dream.

I was a bit depressed these days because of various reasons, including that all of a sudden everyone had a week or more of things to do and I was sitting at home alone, which resulted in that I had even more time to think, and that was /Bad./ with a capital B.

Anyways, after that dream, I was actually having a good mood, again.

so here it is:

[don't remember what led to here]
At some point I stand at a quiet place in the city, with me is another female person. [Unfortunately have forgotten who this was, if it was someone I even knew]
It was certain, though, that we both had done some regrettable things, which I do not remember, again. (Nothing like sexxin' it up)
Anyways. We decided to end it, to suicide together.
I was like, actually, whatever. If it ends, it's over. Why not?

So she goes ahead and gives herself the bullet through the brain and drops to the ground. I'm picking up the blood-soaked gun from her limb hand, briefly wondering how would be a quick way to do it, and decided to try it through the mouth, because I vaguely remembered someone saying it was the least risk.

So I pointed the gun into my mouth, hesitated a bit, but since she was dead, already, pulled the trigger, too.

[at this point, you would usually wake up, I presume.. o.O but I never killed myself in a dream, before, so I don't know...]

I feel the impact in the back of the throat. I feel, or rather, stop feeling my body, and drop to the floor. The vision gets blurry. It's hard to impossible to breathe. But, I realise, I'm not dead. I'm still living. At this point, there was a surge of mental energy in me. I realised I didn't want to die, yet. If there was a chance to survive this, I wanted to grab it.

Things were very blurry after this. At some point I realised that there was a MC next to me, and loads of people watching, and the next I knew was, that I was on a stretcher, rolled into a hospital with plenty of white-scrubbed people running next to me. At some point I overheard that the chances I'd have survived the bullet were near zero, but against all odds it seems that the bullet didn't destroy the most vital things.

I didn't see anything beyond that, until I woke up in the morning.

before someone thinks it aloud: no, I'm not suicidal.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:04 am

Your dream, I believe, symbolizes your values. I've realized you've been going through a relationship dry spell, correct? Well, I think your body is telling you that, even though you want it badly, you shouldn't butcher yourself over it. Oh, no, not literally, but depression and sadness are, in a way, emotional suicide. Whatever suffering you've been through (considering that the bullet "was already shot"), you're being told to end it and live.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:16 am

Figured the same thing. Although it was mostly the unconscious mind who did the thinking, I only realized days later what everything actually meant.

I did think it was strange that at that morning, I was feeling way better about everything than the evening before, although nothing had changed. But I couldn't see the relation at the time. ^^

Seriously, though. Was one of the biggest blasts I had in a dream.
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 pm

I woke up from my dream last night exhausted. ): I don't even fully remember the details.

Towards the beginning of what I remember, it felt like I was camping, but I was on my back porch with a ton of other people. At one point, these people in white (kinda like doctor uniforms) come by and start asking young woman and girls to come with them for 'testing purposes'. I wasn't asked at first, but then they became more frantic because they didn't have enough people, and I ended up being dragged along. I tried to say that I didn't want to go, but basically they told me I didn't have a choice.

The next thing I know, I'm walking down a flight of small, white stairs. There were actually a couple of these flights (imagine stairs on a boat, or something, 'cause that's what they looked like to me), and I finally got out in the basement, where a few other girls (one of which I recognized from work) were waiting anxiously.

An older woman came into the room, leading out a girl who I didn't know. She then signaled for me to come with her. I don't remember what happened after that.

I come out of the room, and apparently I've now got some sort of job for the woman. She called it "her plan", but I don't know if I ever learned the details of it. All I really remember from that now is having to go up and down the flights of stairs a lot. I know there was some reason for all of it, but all I remember is the climbing.

At one point while I'm working for the woman, I'm down in the basement again, and there's an older man sitting at the table, occasionally talking to the woman. The man decides that he wants something to eat, and orders a crab cake (which is so definitely a reference to my actual job...). That somehow turned into him ordering me to make him some kind of steak instead, and I ended up fishing around in some bowl for a piece. It looked absolutely disgusting, but it's what he wanted...

Once I had the steak prepared, I looked around and the man was gone. The woman explained that he had left, and that I had to deliver it to him. So it was back up all the flights of stairs and out the door, but I couldn't find him. Turns out he was back down where I had started off again.

My memories of the rest of the dream are really fuzzy; I see a few images, like me hurrying down a corridor and having to choose between two identical rooms, and I think I felt at the time that it was of major importance that I choose the right room and find something in it, but I'm not really sure anymore.

There was another part of the dream, though I don't know where it fit in with all the rest of this. In this part, I was at orchestra rehearsal, waiting my turn to go on stage. The strings finally came down off the stage and the winds started heading up. As I walked on to the stage, I noticed that there were a ton of new faces, but they weren't really new. Rather, I knew them all -- they were mostly people I knew from college, and they didn't all necessarily play an instrument (that I know of). I didn't find it odd that they in particular were there (despite the fact that they all live hours and hours away IRL), but I did find it strange that so many people were showing up to the last practice. There were also one or two people I remember from high school (including an old teacher I was fond of).

We all started to sit down, but instead of being on stage, we were now out on the grass, and our seats were camping chairs that were still in their bags. Most of the people were sitting down on the chairs without setting them up, but I took the time to take mine out of the bag, knowing it would be more comfortable in the long run. Someone next to me commented on what I was doing, and then before I knew it, we were starting. I scrambled, trying to figure out what piece we were playing, but I couldn't find it and no one would tell me what it was.

I just know that boy, was I tired when I woke up.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrius Frostglare Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Lara wrote:I woke up from my dream last night exhausted. ): I don't even fully remember the details.

Towards the beginning of what I remember, it felt like I was camping, but I was on my back porch with a ton of other people. At one point, these people in white (kinda like doctor uniforms) come by and start asking young woman and girls to come with them for 'testing purposes'. I wasn't asked at first, but then they became more frantic because they didn't have enough people, and I ended up being dragged along. I tried to say that I didn't want to go, but basically they told me I didn't have a choice.

The next thing I know, I'm walking down a flight of small, white stairs. There were actually a couple of these flights (imagine stairs on a boat, or something, 'cause that's what they looked like to me), and I finally got out in the basement, where a few other girls (one of which I recognized from work) were waiting anxiously.

An older woman came into the room, leading out a girl who I didn't know. She then signaled for me to come with her. I don't remember what happened after that.

I come out of the room, and apparently I've now got some sort of job for the woman. She called it "her plan", but I don't know if I ever learned the details of it. All I really remember from that now is having to go up and down the flights of stairs a lot. I know there was some reason for all of it, but all I remember is the climbing.

At one point while I'm working for the woman, I'm down in the basement again, and there's an older man sitting at the table, occasionally talking to the woman. The man decides that he wants something to eat, and orders a crab cake (which is so definitely a reference to my actual job...). That somehow turned into him ordering me to make him some kind of steak instead, and I ended up fishing around in some bowl for a piece. It looked absolutely disgusting, but it's what he wanted...

Once I had the steak prepared, I looked around and the man was gone. The woman explained that he had left, and that I had to deliver it to him. So it was back up all the flights of stairs and out the door, but I couldn't find him. Turns out he was back down where I had started off again.

My memories of the rest of the dream are really fuzzy; I see a few images, like me hurrying down a corridor and having to choose between two identical rooms, and I think I felt at the time that it was of major importance that I choose the right room and find something in it, but I'm not really sure anymore.

There was another part of the dream, though I don't know where it fit in with all the rest of this. In this part, I was at orchestra rehearsal, waiting my turn to go on stage. The strings finally came down off the stage and the winds started heading up. As I walked on to the stage, I noticed that there were a ton of new faces, but they weren't really new. Rather, I knew them all -- they were mostly people I knew from college, and they didn't all necessarily play an instrument (that I know of). I didn't find it odd that they in particular were there (despite the fact that they all live hours and hours away IRL), but I did find it strange that so many people were showing up to the last practice. There were also one or two people I remember from high school (including an old teacher I was fond of).

We all started to sit down, but instead of being on stage, we were now out on the grass, and our seats were camping chairs that were still in their bags. Most of the people were sitting down on the chairs without setting them up, but I took the time to take mine out of the bag, knowing it would be more comfortable in the long run. Someone next to me commented on what I was doing, and then before I knew it, we were starting. I scrambled, trying to figure out what piece we were playing, but I couldn't find it and no one would tell me what it was.

I just know that boy, was I tired when I woke up.

Frustration... I'd interpret the first dream as frustration with something. It may be your job, but you do not seem particularly strong against it. It is very odd, though, that at first you were asked for crab cakes and then for steak, then had to struggle to deliver. My thought is that this represents frustration with a certain change happening in your life, a change that is causing you a great deal of effort.

As to the old but semi-familiar face and the orchestra... hmmm... this one is very tricky because there is very little to work with. My best guess is simply that you are worried about your camping trip. The faces are familiar, ones you can link to. Perhaps it represents you leaving the forum for a while and missing it, or perhaps simply that you'll miss the familiarity of home.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:23 pm

Actually, my idea on the old and new faces was that it dealt with how I was starting to focus on college more and more, and similarly the people there. Most of the new faces in the orchestra were people from college, like I mentioned, or otherwise people from school. Between college looming up and having to do all sorts of things for college band, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

That, and how I kept losing my place in the band, and I might be a little worried about how much of my music I'll have memorized / how things are going to be different with new people in the band and old people leaving.

Does that make sense?

I do agree with your idea on the first part, though.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 am

Alright, this night was just one of those "well, whatever" dreams. Smile

It was night in my dream, actually something around midnight. I was at the trainstation, then getting into the train. (notice that I wore only a bedsheet at the time, and only fully clothed in the train.. don't ask me.)
I met a friend in the train (just "a friend", no one I actually know) who studies at a very noble university. We talk a little and I'm like, well, I don't have much to do, so I'll look at the uni a bit if you don't mind, and he's like alright, but I have an appointment so I can only bring you there.
So we settled for this and I continued to sit in the train until we started to roll by the first university dorms.
Those were actually not dorms, but 5* deluxe apartments. o.o I think I whistled when I saw them, rolling by.

Anyways, we're getting out of the train and into the big complex. At some point he's saying goodbye to me, and that he has to get to the appointment. He left going up some stairway which was supposedly only for locals so I wasn't allowed to follow. I was like, okay, now where am I. I walked around a little, following some exit signs, but they led to a dark hallway which was a fire exit. I watched it and saw a series of signs.

In the first picture, there was a woman who was supposedly running through the fire exit hallway, there was tumult and others running through, too, and you could see the smoke at the top of the picture, indicating that it was burning somewhere nearby.
In the second picture, you could see the same woman, grabbing for someone. Only now you could see that her hand and parts of her arm were burning.

The sign said "beware of burning people".

I thought "well, in a panic, you might not even realize until it's too late. Unusual sign, but whatever."

So I turned around and walked back where I came from, exploring another part of the complex. It was less kinky there, some kind of room for recreational activities; there was a TV with some consoles, a couch, and a girl in the room. I didn't give it much more attention than that, and continued to explore more stuff.

That's where my Alarm Clock pulled me back to reality. ;(
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:33 pm

I had a very odd dream last night. I think part of it might even be considered a nightmare...

Of the parts I remember, this one is most vivid.

I was outside of my house with a few other girls that I had graduated high school with. One of the girls, Taylor, was either dared to do something, or had simply announced that she would and went inside my house. The rest of us exchanged glances after a moment and another of the girls, Melissa, said, "Maybe I should go inside with her. If she actually does it, I'm going to need to do CPR..." and all this other stuff that she mentioned as well.

Another glance was exchanged, and at first the rest of the group said no, but then a third girl, Deanna, looked at Melissa with a frown and said, "You say you'd have to prepare the motions?" and Melissa nodded. So it was agreed that Melissa should go inside now rather than later.

All of us ended up trekking in through my door, but Taylor was nowhere in sight. We were starting to wonder where she could be when I looked up and saw the door to my bathroom open, with blood pooling all over the part of the floor we could see.

A couple of the group immediately went to go see if there was anything that could be done, but I instinctively knew that she was already dead, and, despite being 'curious' (that's the best way for me to describe it), I refused to go look into the room, could only stare at the blood on the floor. For some reason, I kept wondering to myself what a person who had been strangled/suffocated (the words were interchangeable, and I said both) looked like. Though from all the blood on the floor, I rationalized outside of it all that she couldn't have died from either of those methods...

Then, I was suddenly on stage again, preparing for my concert. Only, rather than it being with the orchestra, like last time, it was back at my high school, and everyone on stage had been in my graduating class. I was sitting next to my old friend Amanda, and I remember trying to figure out how to tell her that Taylor was dead, since no one else knew yet and they were all happy and excited about the concert.

I never ended up telling her, and somehow I found myself off stage just when the concert was about to start. I couldn't find my trumpet or my music at first, and when I did the concert had already started. I was frantic, unable to figure out how I could get back on stage without just walking on in the middle of the piece, but then a man was suddenly standing next to me.

I can't recall any of his features except that he was tall, and I know I had never seen him before. He grinned down at me and told me that he could help me get on stage. We snuck behind the risers so no one would see us and came out on the other wing of the stage just as the first song was ending. He grinned once again, might have even chuckled, then reached down and unplugged something. The lights went out, and he ushered for me to get going.

I snuck on stage and noticed that amongst the confused looks, the curtains were closing, which was an even more perfect way for me to get on without being seen. Then all of a sudden, people started to shout excitedly. I listened for a moment and realized they were exclaiming about how my friend Rachel was coming down the aisle.

I made it to my seat and discovered that I no longer had my trumpet or my music. So while the crowd was still cheering for Rachel, I spotted my trumpet, dashed off to grab it, and dashed back on. I found Amanda sitting in the front for some reason at some sort of small picnic table, and I sat down across from her. The crowd started to calm down, and I realized that I still didn't have my music, but there wasn't any time to go off and find it so I asked Amanda if I could share hers. She said yes, of course, and tried to maneuver so I could see the music as well.

I said that I'd move to sit behind her so it'd be easier, but before I could move there was suddenly another huge commotion behind me. I turned around to see my band instructor with a camera in his hand, and he was calling for us all to pose for a picture. Rather than in concert attire, everyone was suddenly in colorful dresses and outfits, and they were all posing stupidly on the stands. I grinned and made my way into the picture just like the rest of the group; everyone was laughing and excited.

In the excitement, three girls suddenly showed up at the front of the stage. They were wearing matching dresses/cloaks of dark blue with white writing on the side, and as everyone was wondering what they were doing, I announced that it must be for their sorority. The three girls - Amanda (not the one I've mentioned in this dream already), Chelsea, and Danielle - danced around a bit in their dresses and luau necklaces, and then the man standing with them gave them another necklace and told them who they had to put it on. I watched as one of the girls went to seek out our high school principal, and then I woke up.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Inerio Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:09 am

((Oh God, I had two weird ones since going on vacation!))

So, my first dream I found out that some distant uncle of mine had died. I wasn't that sad because, hell, I didn't know the guy. However, I found out that he'd included me in his will. I then went on to find out that not only did I obtain a large sum of money but I also inherited a yakuza clan!

The dream shifts and I'm in Japan. I've got this swanky little condo somewhere in Shinjuku. I'm in a gaudy white fur coat with platform faux leather platform boots and heart shaped glasses. Not to mention I've got some yappy little dog in one arm and a gun in the other. I'm having a meeting with several Yakuza leaders. None of them were all that memorable, but one I really remember.

He was of normal height and weight, not too handsome but not an ass face. He had a Glasgow smiled which hadn't fully healed. So, whenever he'd exhale smoke it came out of his scars. His hair was somewhat shaggy and he had a goatee thing going on. After the meeting I came to find that he was following me.

Needless to say I was freaked out. I mean, yakuza leaders wouldn't follow other yakuza leaders around. My dog began to bark. So, he grabbed it and chucked the poor thing! Well, it was kind of annoying. Anyway, he pushes me up against the wall with an elbow to the boob and insists that I marry him! I asked what was in it for me, and he answered an obscene amount of power between the two of us. That was quite an appealing idea for me, so I agreed. The dream flashforward to several years later and him and I had managed to over take most of the gangs and had a dangerous amount of control over most of Tokyo. Odd, but awesome.
Inerio
Inerio
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:00 pm

This morning was my first chance to sleep in, and yet I was awoken three times by the peopl eand animals of the house and three times in my dreams...

The first waking dream, my three year-old brother burst into my room, screaming his head off, yelling "Moohooomm" in that weird way he yells it. I sheild my eyes from the bright lights of the hallway and yell for him to get out. I thought I was awake in real life, at first, but the room that should be cluttered with all the boxes from our recent move is empty save for my bed, myself, and my brother. I turn to the window, for some reason, to see all the stars that aren't usually there. When I tunr back to my brother, though, he has my closet door open and is yelling more than before, still screaming for our mother as he points into the empty closet.

I tell him she's not in there, and then worry because nothing is in there at all...there should be boxes there, too. But it's an empty white space. My brother continues to scream, the pitch now reaching siren proportions, but he won't stop.

And then, my mother bursts into my reallife room to give me my new roommate's number. I want to know why my brother was screaming at the closet, but I never got back to the dream. >Sad

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:31 pm

lol. Very Happy

all of you. Very Happy
Kaito
Kaito
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Resurrection Vic Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:08 am

I spent the whole dream running away. I was a teenaged boy with a younger sister and a really young brother, and we were running. I kept thinging that I was escaping labor, but I was running through a modern setting. We ran down five flights of stairs together before we were split up.Running down the sixth flight, the building wasn't where ever we used to work, it was a police department. I jump off the stairs with a blonde male cop hot on my trail. I crouched down and hid next to the stairs in what seemeed like a library, the precinct, as I saw while I was running, was on the other side of the stairs. I was somewhat hidden under a table somehow. There was a high counter, and yet all the librarians (each with a headset or phone attatched to her face, in the normal way) saw me place both fingers to my lips from where I was on the ground. The cop came in, his eyes steely as he searched for me, never looking down. He glared at the librarians and they all shook their heads, confused as to what he wanted.

He walked straight a head and into another part of the precinct on the library side of the stairs. I heard my brother and sister cry, so I ran after him. He turned, we argued, I don't know about what. Suddenly, there was another, nicer person with us, but I knew it wasn't on our side. I looked them both in the eyes and leaned forward, bending at the ankles until I hit the floor. They both disappeared. So I unbent myself at the ankles until I could see over the counter, they, the librarians and these cops, were watching me. I ran towards the screams of my brother and sister.

The rich wooden colors of the library room faded to white as I ran up the hallway until I was somewhere stark white. I burst through a door and found mysef in a graywash scene, holding my brother and sister close to me as we stood on the roof, the blonde cop now aiming a gun at us. We began backing away, towards the ledge, my brother bawling, my sister stuttering/stammering something. I looked down to see what it was-

My mother burst in my room and yelled at me for not washing the dishes last night as well as giving me a list of things to do. I started my own list "Things I Will Not Miss Once I'm at College," there's five things thus far.

Resurrection Vic
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm not going to go all long and detailed in mine, because..I'm just not like that.

Okay, I was having a dream about my old school in high school. Lunch just got over and I go to the class I always did after Lunch, except that class was from the previous year. As soon as I realize this, I get out of my chair and automatically leave to my real class. Oddly enough, when I check the schedule I have with me, it says something like free period. Next thing I know though, in the dream, there are like, a bunch of petals on the hallway. Then the dream ended.

What I want to know..is why I'm dreaming about my old school o_O
Ragter the junior greeter
Ragter the junior greeter
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 am

I thought I would post in this because Kesteven's thread made me start thinking!

What I posted there:

I don't have dreams, I have nightmares - or I just don't dream. More or less when I'm restless during sleep I don't dream, or when I'm really just conked out. However, I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps my mental state is currently array because my nightmares are getting worse.

In addition to me thinking why my mental state is off, for instance:

About two days ago I was just taking a two hour nap and in that two hour period I kept dreaming of Chuckie for some reason. That he kept coming after me and my friends, and no matter how we killed him he still kept coming, and soon enough he learned to manipulate the bodies of others. I haven't watched that movie, in at least a year! So it as completely out of the norm.

Last night, it's hard to specifically describe it, but I dreamt that the world started cracking. Like just random spurts of large cracks started appearing everywhere. And well I was at my parents house and due to the world cracking the gas lines started exploding under the pressure, and for brief second I started panicking cause like my parents house just exploded! And I was worried not that my parents were in it (I really don't have a strong bond with them) but that my nieces were cause my sister was with me. Then I noticed that she had the youngest of the two girls and then we found the other one in a refrigerator. -Shrugs-

Shortly after that it turned WoW/Oblivion on me in which we were (or I specifically) was trecking the globe.

One thing led to another and I ended up in some multi-colored imitation of the world that once was and somehow I ended up pregnant by someone who later dies, and I'm talking with my sister on this deck, and the last thing I remember is me asking her, "Does it ever get any better?"

And she replied, "Not for us."

So yeah...I have NO idea.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:01 am

I had the best dream ever last night. Or at least, one of the parts would be the best thing ever if it was real. I was with a group of people, and we all had a scratch-off card. For some reason, I didn't have one, but I had picked out one for this older man and was helping him with it. He scratched off one of the circles (it was one of those 'match the number and you win the prize' ones), and then I carefully started scratching off the actual prize.

It said $60,000. I started to get excited, but the old man shook his head and pointed out that we needed to actually match the numbers. So I scratched off the number in the upper corner, and it matched. We both kinda stared at it in disbelief for a bit, then double and triple checked the number, then got very, very excited.
Lara
Lara
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down