FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

+2
The Melancholy Spirit
Gunneh
6 posters

Go down

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! Empty HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Post by Gunneh Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:57 pm

There's not a thread about this yet?!?! I'm ashamed of you all! Actually...I'm not, seeing as how Saint Patty's Day is the only day where you can drink before noon without fear of being labeled and alcoholic....

In any case, let us all give thanks for the great Saint Patrick! He drove the snakes off of the Emerald Isle and then took his buddies to the pub where they drank green and dark beers for three days straight and then went to Mass with the biggest hangover since Jesus turned the water into wine!

What? That's not how it happened? Oh...well then... *ahem* Happy Saint Patrick's Day all the same, Foggers. If you drink, please be careful and PLEASE don't drive. AND REMEMBER...

EVERYONE'S IRISH TODAY, SO

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 25822767_400x400
Gunneh
Gunneh
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! Empty Re: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:20 pm

~coughs~ He also helped to further destroy ancient celtic traditions rooted in their pagan history... ~grumbles~

And it would also seem that the Irish are like a cancer... so many people have at least a little Irish in their blood these days!

~cuts himself adn watches as emerald blood flows from the wound~

Some of us just more than others...

Awesome fact there Hermes! Very Happy
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Random holiday fact: Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick's Day dish. In 2007, roughly 41.5 billion pounds of U.S. beef and 2.6 billion pounds of U.S. cabbage were sold. Many St. Patrick's Day celebrants enjoyed corned beef from Texas, which produced 6.8 billion pounds of beef, and cabbage from California and New York, which produced 581 and 580 million pounds, respectively.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

'Tis not even that big of a celebration in Ireland, actually. Not like it is over here, anyway. Go figure.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Perhaps it is because they don't need an excuse to drink whenever they feel like. Meanwhile, we look for every possible opportunity to kick back a pint and get shitfaced.

Plus, it can't be by pure happenstance that it falls in the middle of Spring Break. Wink

Funny Drunk
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 am

My spring break was last week so I got screwed. I actually only had one beer because I was busy doing a massive overhaul on a paper for class tomorrow. Well today as it is now midnight. But I did wear my Ireland hat all day and it was purchased on the Irish island. I did eat some corn beef but no cabbage for me. So how was the rest of yall's Saint Patty's Day? (leaves to continue massive editing of paper)
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am

Yeah, my spring break doesn't start til tomorrow, so my college has been going through midterms all week. Ah well, I don't drink that often anyway, even though I'm now 21, so it's not a big deal. Though I did pinch a couple of people for not wearing green lol!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Happy belated Saint Patrick's Day though I am inclined to agree with Melancholy's grumbling.

I don't drink. Beer is gross, and I really have no reason to drink any more... not to mention I'm not legally allowed to drink for about eight more months.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down