FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to know your fellow FoGer!

+65
Sólrökr
Lord Revan
Notebookface
Red_Wolf
DarkGoddess
Modesti
Artorius
Dreamless Days
UnfortunateBountyHunter
The Calamity
Br0ken_deadly
Lucian 'The Wolf' Harth
Tartra
Digital Muse
Eris
fragilefigure
Pavement
Skitzo-phrenick
Forbidden
Buzzwulf
Bellatrix_Moonlock
Ununhexium
quakernuts
thecolorisred
Eternity
Mercinus3
Narubia
Despair
Ethereal
xraineyesx
Eorzea
World Traveler
Casey Jewels
wakeangel
Fate Flyer
Hisoka
Kail DeWraith
Kingmaker
SpaceWheeler2.0
Ominous Flare
Sunwolf007
jackariah
Shadow Moonseye
Loki
Squall Reyes
Weiss
MetalEgo
Gabe
Cypher
Sheeple
Gunneh
YenWen
Attie
Silvan Arrow
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gadreille
Blackrock
Kalon Ordona II
MoiraofWords
Bird of Hermes
Acid Varrakin
The Melancholy Spirit
ImmortalSin
Shekinah
69 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 2 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:41 pm

It would certainly be a creature of fantasy, fur and flight. I shall choose a storm griffon, might of the raging thunder and lord of the winds.

What animal would you choose if you were to be turned into one tomorrow?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow FoGer! - Page 2 Empty Re: Get to know your fellow FoGer!

Post by ImmortalSin Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 pm

I think it would either be an Arctic Wolf or some kind of Owl.

If you could go back in time, what period would you visit first and why?
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:52 pm

The era of Miracles (ie. the bible) to see what REALLY happened back then.

If you were under a compulsion to do whatever peer pressure suggested, how would you deal with it?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:59 pm

I would do what I did in high school. I would change my peer group. Teens are often faced with the strongest peer pressure, and before I knew how to resist it, I often caved into it. I used to have friends in druggies, and I switched to theatre geeks who did fewer drugs because the fear of being kicked from the play or the competitive theatre group was quite high. Besides, being pressured into expressing oneself through theatre is far better than losing ones' mind to drugs.

What has been the worst - whether it be embarrassing, depressing, etc. - experience you have had in your life?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 am

What has been the worst - whether it be embarrassing, depressing, etc. - experience you have had in your life?

This is a rather personal question. But, alas, I have vowed to try and come out of my cave. Don't blame me if I come out too much.

Here it goes.

I think it was the second time I got depressed. I realized that it was all a cycle, that this had happened before, that I should have seen this coming... It was that strange bittersweet moment when my education met my life in a crazy kind of irony. I had been out of school for a week because of fatigue and apathy. It was that psychology textbook. It gave me that bad sort of answer you don't want but need.

It described something called Seasonal Affective Disorder. For me, it means I get depressed in the winter.

Long story short: I hated that a strong mind could succumb to something so powerless as the weather. But, I learned to deal. I also learned why I could never tell anyone why I was depressed. Because I didn't know. I had no "reason". (I am fine now thanks to added medication in the winter.)

Don't blame me if I came out too much. I am not afraid that I am going get any stalkers. I don't ever use my real name, so, I am safe. Awkward laugh...

Now for my question and some happy subject change...

What is your favorite genre?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:47 am

Bird of Hermes wrote:
What is your favorite genre?

Depends on what it is: movie, book, game etc. etc.

Well as for movies: supernatural thrillers, horror and arthouse. Oh, and Arnie Schwarzenegger of course Razz He makes me laugh like mad!

Music: minimal, IDM, rock, prog rock, hiphop, oldies

Books: thrillers, horror or anything that's good

Video games: rpg's.

Next:

Hmm let's see... if you had to change your username right now, what would your new username be?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 pm

oh wow, that's a tough one.......
such a huge change for someone like me who pours a lot into usernames. let's see...

probably Calanon
It's my middle name in Sindarin elvish, according to a certain site (not one of those random generator ones).
I've used it on a few other forums.

In order, what are your top three flavors of ice cream?
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm

I go with Ben & Jerry's all the way! So here goes:

1. Half baked
2. Cookie Dough
3. Baked Alaska

next question!

What does your username mean?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Ah, my username has quite a bit of sentimental value. I joined an online fanfiction community when I was in middle school, and I needed a good pen name. The story that I had been writing was LOTR-based, so I started playing around with words that had to do with my particular love for elves. I started thinking of arrows, not only because of elves but also because I had been doing some archery, and I searched around for different names of elf kingdoms in MIddle Earth. I liked the history and general overview of the Silvan elves, and the word "Silvan" had a nice ring to it. And voila, the name Silvan Arrow was born. I have used other iterations of that name for other sites (SilvanArrow, silvanarrow, etc.), but it's been my preferred username ever since.

If you could go back in time and re-do one event or day in your life, what would it be and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 pm

What does your username mean?

It comes from this quote: "The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame" from the Ripley Scroll. Its meaning has been debated.

What is the name of your favorite character you have created for a role-play?

Last edited by Bird of Hermes on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Ah. I messed up.

Anyway... I don't know what I would re-do. I don't have many regrets to my name.

My question again: What is the name of your favorite character you have created for a role-play?
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Anulaya

What kind of rp's do you usually join?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I usually join fantasy-based RPs. The one I'm in right now is fantasy-based, and I also wrote in a Middle Earth RP for a time. I like writing fantasy stories, so I'm really comfortable with that genre.

Who has been your biggest role-model in life and why?
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Probably my dad. I grew up a lot like him, in terms of outlook on life...and though sometimes I don't agree with him, I've always respected him.

My mom comes in close second, and she would probably get first if I got along with her better. It isn't her fault, it's mine. I have this thing where I don't get along with women... But she's the hardest working gal I've ever known, and she's the strongest person I'll ever know. I look like a flimsy weed next to a redwood compared to her.

Do you blame a particular someone or something for the bad parts of your life, and if so, have you forgiven said someone/something?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Hmm... I don't think I really blame him, but I do think he's had a major part in the problems I faced in my life so far. No, I have not and will never forgive him.

What's in your room?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 pm

I've actually had problems with doing this in the past. I've always blamed my mother to some degree because I felt it was essentially her fault I grew up so poor without a proper role model. She chose a rather worthless husband, and neither of them really understood how to manage money. Her manic depression also placed a damper on things in my life.

However, I have forgiven her to some degree. If not for her bad choices, I may not have learned how not to be, and I probably wouldn't understand how to manage my own money if I hadn't had her bad examples to set me right. :: shrugs :: One wins some; one loses some.

My room currently contains a lot of crap that I neither need nor want with a few things I value in between. I have everything from jewelry I can't wear, to books I have yet to read, to CD's I like, to a rainbow flag. Honestly, there are far too many things to list. As far as furniture goes, I have a twin-sized bed, a television, a small television stand, a shelving unit, and a large dresser that eats most of the space in my bedroom.

What has been the happiest experience of your current life?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Meeting the BF.

Favourite historical person?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadreille Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Mohandas (Mahatma) Karamchand Gandhi.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I've no clue. I haven't been on vacation for like 12 years, but I REALLY want to go to Japan, does that count? Then I say Japan Smile

If you could learn another language, what language would you like to learn?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Well, as far as real languages go, I really want to learn Spanish. It's going to be the most useful for me in the long run. I'm going to take it in college, too.

As far as made-up languages go, I want to learn Sindarin which is one of the Elvish languages that Tolkien created. Once I'm finished learning the basics for Quenya ((another Tolkien Elvish language)), I'm going to begin Sindarin.

Which physical characteristics do you find most attractive in the gender of your choice?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Hmmm, if they're good then the legs and arms of our male friends Wink

What would you do if you could be of the opposite sex for a day?
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Girl stuff? Freak out? I don't know.

Is there a locale you hate to go to?
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah, dark alleys and spooky streets. <.< >.>

Is there a particular food that it seems most people in the world loathe, but which you particularly enjoy?

(personal example: broccoli. heart )
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm

I enjoy peas, green beans, and regular beans? All of which my family has strong distaste for. (Maybe I"m adopted..)

If you could hire someone to professionally paint a memoir on one of your home walls, which wall would you pick, and what would you have painted?

Last edited by Attie on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispell*)
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://confidencephotography.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 am

Psh... I like eating green beans raw. They're really good on salads. ^^_^^

A memoir? Do you mean a mural? A memoir basically an autobiography while a mural is a huge painting on a wall...

I have a lot of trouble deciding on this one because while there are only a couple decent walls upon which one could paint a mural ((making it simplistic to choose the wall)), I my tastes change a lot... Maybe I would have it be something like what that amazing female painter makes... Ugh... I can't remember her name right now... but she's a surreal/fantasy painter, and they often place her works on cards and on puzzles. Her name is Josephine Wall! I actually have a puzzle of her work hanging across from the bathroom door.

I would actually have something like that painted right where that puzzle hangs... I wish I could remember her name. She often has a sort of pagan/myth feel to her fantasy art, and it's always really colourful, and every time you look at her work, you see something new.

What is your favorite touching sensation to feel?

((For instance, the most interesting sensation for me is running my hands over the taut mesh that tends to line baby playpens. I don't like babies, but running my hands over that safety mesh/fishnet is probably my favorite sensation ever for some odd reason.))

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 am

Kathryn Lacey wrote:A memoir? Do you mean a mural? A memoir basically an autobiography while a mural is a huge painting on a wall...

Well, I guess you understood what I meant regardless of my word choice.

I can't help but go about and touch every stuffed animal that looks smooth. Not fluffy, but smooth, as if I could just about die in blissfulness and it feel just like that.

What is the latest book you've read, are reading, or have a craving to do so?
(Mine is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:32 am

Well, I didn't want to delay things by asking, and if I was wrong, FoG would have just known a little more about me.

I'm currently reading Knight of Shadows by Roger Zelazny. It's in the Great Book of Amber that has all ten books in the Chronicles of Amber. It's an awesome book. I'm reading it not only for fun but also for my 50 Book Challenge. ^^_^^

My Sister's Keeper made me cry... a lot when I read it. The movie did the same.

What books and/or movies consistently make you cry or at least come close?

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Attie Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 am

Anything from Nora Roberts or Nicholas Sparks. Then again, I am a sap.

Favorite midnight snack?
(I am currently eating pizza snacks.)
Attie
Attie
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 am

(For the cry question, I'd say Fireproof. I came close a couple times, especially toward the end.)

Favorite midnight snack....
I'm not that picky. I just eat SOMETHING. xD But let's see, if I could have pretty much anything that I usually have....
Maybe yogurt, or... actually yeah, yogurt. ^^

What's the most awesome moment from the most awesome book you've ever read? Which scene from a book just totally thrilled you to the core--the most? xD

I can't remember enough of them to make a solid choice, but one that stands out for me is Theoden's rally speech and charge in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
Ax Man
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 am

“There are not many persons who know what wonders are opened to them in the stories and visions of their youth for when as children we listen and dream, we think but half-formed thoughts, and when as men we try to remember, we are dulled and prosaic with the poison of life. But some of us awake in the night with strange phantasm of enchanted hills and gardens, of fountains that sing in the sun, of golden cliffs overhanging murmuring seas, of plains that stretch down to sleeping cities of bronze and stone, and of shadowy companies of heroes that ride caparisoned white horses along the edges of thick forests; and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy.”

– Second paragraph of Celephaïs written by H.P. Lovecraft in early November of 1920 and first appeared in print in Sonia H. Greene’s amateur journal, the Rainbow, in May of 1922.

If you were asked to take part in an experiment to 'turn off' the aging gene in humans, expanding your life by up to a possible of six times the normal, would you do it?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next