FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friend In Need

3 posters

Go down

A Friend In Need Empty A Friend In Need

Post by Adrius Frostglare Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 am

I require advice, dear members of FOG. Yesterday, a friend of mine suffered terribly. His friends abandoned him, his girlfriend too (though still friends), and basically he is battered, bitter, and alone except for me and a couple of others. He is as a brother to me and I worry. I am not asking "did he deserve it" because I already am convinced he did not. What I want to know is how do I get him out of this depression? Any suggestions would be welcome. No suggestion is too great or too small.
Adrius Frostglare
Adrius Frostglare
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

http://adriusfrostglare.deviantart.com/  (Deviant Art profile)

Back to top Go down

A Friend In Need Empty Re: A Friend In Need

Post by Loki Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 am

My advice would be to get out and do stuff with him. Letting him sit idle for too long would most likely leave him time to his thoughts and to his doubts. Do things that allow interactions with others with a high probability of making new friends or are at least distracting enough to allow this to blow over.

I don't know if it is an option, but paintball is always a good stress relief for me, is a lot of fun, and can kill an entire day with ease. Good luck, and I hope things work out well.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:32 pm

I guess I'd agree with Loki.
Really just do what you're doing. Stick with him as often and as much as you can. Be ready to help him reason it out if he's ready, or just keep him active and not sulking.

'Focus on the positive' is always good advice, though I don't know if it's a good idea to come out and say something like that after a bunch of bad stuff happened.

Actually, if his "friends" abandoned him, then they weren't really his friends. Nod Without knowledge of the circumstances, that's how I would view the situation. A friend in need is a friend indeed, and that's you. Smile I'm sure he'll realize that.
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down