FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Contest of the New Year!!

+10
Hello Danger
Kalon Ordona II
Kathryn Lacey
MoiraofWords
Weiss
Gadreille
Ragter the junior greeter
Bird of Hermes
Sunwolf007
Gunneh
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The First Contest of the New Year!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The First Contest of the New Year!!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Woot!
: D

Back to top Go down

The First Contest of the New Year!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The First Contest of the New Year!!

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ragter the junior greeter on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Spoiler:
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:32 am

Bloodlines by Anaris

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Alriiiight, this entry period is officially CLOSED!! cheers

Congratulations, everyone who finished their entries! cheers
The judging will now begin, and the winner is to be announced no later than February 7th.

Great job, everyone! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Good luck to everyone who entered!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:39 pm

Yay! Good luck all.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 am

Great turn out everyone! Everyone's story has been really good.

Good luck!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Today is February the 7th! Good luck everyone!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Good luck to the judges too! Looks like you have a some serious judging to do! I haven't had a chance to read them all but the ones I have read are really good.

God speed to all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry that it's taking so long. With my net down and Gunneh's schedule incongruent, things are falling behind. Razz Hopefully we'll make the proper announcement today.

For now, here is the simple list of how well we think everyone did, with the winners at the top.

Bird of Hermes
hubris1987
Hello Danger
Anaris
The Melancholy Spirit
Kestrel
Ragter, the junior greeter
MoiraofWords

Here's the reasoning for the top three. We're forced to go with what I, Kalon, had to say about it, because none of the other judges have critiques to offer at this time. I'll release the whole thing later; for now, just the top three. ^^
So, starting in reverse order....

3rd Place!
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Hello Danger's entry was by far my most enjoyable to read. It pulled me along with exceptional delivery, good quality of writing and good presentation. I only put this one in third place because Family Secrets isn't quite as much the focal point of the story as it would need to be to win.

2nd Place!
Kalon Ordona II wrote:hubris1987's entry had great overall quality. I enjoyed the extremely clever interpretation of the starter script, and the theme is fit pretty well. In addition, I think it probably has the best pacing of all the entries. I put this in second, though, again because of theme. It's very good in this story, but it's just not quite enough of the main focal point to earn the win.

1st Place!
Kalon Ordona II wrote:Bird of Hermes's entry had me confused at the beginning: the protagonist seemed female to me, up until the very end of the long first paragraph. I'm still curious why a guy is wearing a "blouse." Despite that, though, the story fits both the starter script and the theme exceptionally well. The story is well-written and well paced, considering the 3,000 word limit. Most importantly, though, this story seemed to best capture the feel of "Family Secrets." The secret is profound, it involves multiple members of the family, and it is the focal point of the entire story. I'd give this entry first place.

Congratulations, Bird of Hermes!!! cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Congratulations, Bird of Hermes!!!

Thank you so much! I am glad it was enjoyed for I had a great time writing it. Hopefully, this will inspire me to put some more of my ideas to paper.

Bird of Hermes's entry had me confused at the beginning: the protagonist seemed female to me, up until the very end of the long first paragraph.

This is something I need to work on. It seems to happen with many of my male characters. Because I am a female, I sometimes unwittingly place some feminine characteristics on my male characters. Perhaps, this is why I play so many of them.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Congratulations, Bird of Hermes.

I apologize for being unable to judge the contest. Though it's true that only one of the moderators was able to supply an opinion on the entries, I'm certain Kalon's decision was well-thought, and I'm positive that the chosen winner was very much deserving of it.

Again, a big congratulations to you, Bird of Hermes. I'll certainly be reading through your entry, as well as the others, when I have the time to do so. I also look forward to reading future contest entries, as well, though it's likely that I'll refrain from judging henceforth.
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

I forgot when I read this to congratulate the top three. Especially Bird, as she came in first. Good job!
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hubris1987 Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am

Congrats Bird of Hermes!
hubris1987
hubris1987
Mist
Mist

Male

http://www.dailyfrivolity.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmortalSin Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 am

Congratulations everyone - especially Bird of Hermes!
ImmortalSin
ImmortalSin
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Congratulations Bird of Hermes, and everyone else who submitted a story! Everyone did a great job.

I'm a little disappointed. I would have liked to seen a full panel of judges, but no big deal.

I look forward to the next contest!
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Yeah, it's too bad the judging was a little lackluster, but at least there were two of us. Gunneh said he agreed, so that's something; it's just too bad things worked out to a minimum of critiques. And also on that subject, if anyone wants to see my take on the rest of them, I might do that via PM, as I tend to be brutally honest. Smile

As for prizes, we'll be putting the winning entry up in the Hall of Fame sometime soon. I'm not sure who's in charge of the badge that goes in the signature, so I'll just focus on my area of the prizes: the artwork commission. ^^

Post here or PM me whenever you like about the art, Hermes. I might be a little preoccupied with Emoria and other things at the moment, but I should still be able to work on it at a steady pace. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bird of Hermes Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Post here or PM me whenever you like about the art, Hermes. I might be a little preoccupied with Emoria and other things at the moment, but I should still be able to work on it at a steady pace.

I will PM you once I think of something. Thanks, Kalon.
Bird of Hermes
Bird of Hermes
Wraith
Wraith

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Congrats, Bird of Hermes Smile

Seems I need to polish up my storytelling a bit though..I can never hope to win one of these things if I got second to last.

By the way, Kalon, do we ever get to see a review of our work? I want to know what I did wrong.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:51 pm

You may indeed. Just for the record, I think Ragter kept to the starter script the best. Very Happy
PM is on the way. Smile
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MoiraofWords Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:06 pm

I'd like a pm as well.
MoiraofWords
MoiraofWords
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hello Danger Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:06 am

I'd like a PM by Weiss. I sort of already got Kalon's opinion. ;p

Sooo... if it's an option, and once, Wiess, you've had a chance to read over everything, I'd like a critique.

Very Happy
Hello Danger
Hello Danger
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:19 am

I'll certainly start working on critiques for the entries once I've had a chance to read over them. I'm not sure when to say you can expect them, but if a week goes by and you don't see anything, start prodding me repeatedly until I deliver, savvy? I tend to forget things easily. Sweat Drop
Weiss
Weiss
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kestrel Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Why congrats. This is a good pointer for future contests also, now I can interpret the style you guys are looking for.
Kestrel
Kestrel
Mist
Mist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3