FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOG Reviews the movies!!

+10
Sunwolf007
Spectre
Ominous Flare
Cypher
Sighlent
Shekinah
Kathryn Lacey
Hello Danger
Gunneh
Squall Reyes
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

FOG Reviews the movies!! - Page 4 Empty Re: FOG Reviews the movies!!

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:53 pm

I guess I looked over it. I did look through the list, must have missed it. Do you want me to put this into the recycling bin?
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm

No worries, I overlooked it at first too. I'll just merge the topics.
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits
★ Administrator & FoG Father ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Sounds good, thanks Axiom!
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Oh man it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I figured other people would do reviews once I stopped. I mean I reallllly rather not do two reviews a week, one for work and another for here. Axiom I found honing you craft among friends like I did here, helped tremendously.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm really bad at reviewing movies, personally. All of my friends have told me in the past that I am a far cry from "a movie trailer." In fact, I'm so bad that I can make amazing movies sound awful. It's part of why I'm really shocked that, after how badly I did at "selling" a movie to another person during a group interview for Blockbuster, that I got a call back for an interview. ^^_^^;;

I love reading others' interviews, though!

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Axiom Awaits Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Squall Reyes wrote:Oh man it's been a while since I've seen this thread. I figured other people would do reviews once I stopped. I mean I reallllly rather not do two reviews a week, one for work and another for here. Axiom I found honing you craft among friends like I did here, helped tremendously.
Yeah, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more active actually. That's understandable that you wouldn't want to write two reviews. If you don't mind me asking, who do you write for?
That's true, I'm sure that starting off small would help get the ball rolling.
Kathryn Lacey wrote:I'm really bad at reviewing movies, personally. All of my friends have told me in the past that I am a far cry from "a movie trailer." In fact, I'm so bad that I can make amazing movies sound awful. It's part of why I'm really shocked that, after how badly I did at "selling" a movie to another person during a group interview for Blockbuster, that I got a call back for an interview. ^^_^^;;

I love reading others' interviews, though!
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, Kathryn. One of the main reasons that I wanted to start writing movie reviews is that I don't usually agree with what most people think about movies. For example, many people really liked Inception and some people disliked it because they couldn't follow it. I watched it twice and I didn't like it at all, yet I understood it perfectly. I think I tend to be a little overly critical with movies though. Everyone has different opinions. I'm sure you'll do great working at Blockbuster Smile
Axiom Awaits
Axiom Awaits

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 pm

For the radio station I work at. I would talk to them about movies and how I had a hand in a few (sound wise) and they were like, you know we have been wanting to do a movie review on Fridays. I was like score! Then I showed them some of the reviews I've put on here, and the fact some of them made them laugh pretty much got me the job.
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Revan Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:24 am

Aww Kathryn, don't feel bad, I am not great at it either. But I am pretty good at judging if my friends will like something. Still though I can not get across sometimes my feelings towards a movie. I just saw Captain America, and while it was okay, it did leave a lot to be desired. For the casual fan it was fun. Good action, okay plot. But for a hardcore fan like myself, I felt it could have been better.
Lord Revan
Lord Revan
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Reyes Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:11 am

I don't have a review. But I do come bringing bad news. I'm not sure how many of you all have already heard. But the upcoming movie adaptation of World War Z....has had some changes.

“The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt),
who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie
pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to
decimate humanity itself.” And is slated to be a PG13 release.

That's right. They completely changed the script that several months ago was making people talk about the possibility of a zombie movie being best picture. Why..why why why? Who seriously makes a choice to completely change the god damn script with all the positive feedback it was getting. How on earth do you justify changing a socio political zombie epic. With standard and shitty zombie movie. I won't even go into it being PG13. Just wow. Way to lose the support of the fans in one press release.

*sighs*

In other news. Avengers is looking awesome. Very Happy
Squall Reyes
Squall Reyes
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Awesomeocalypse Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:05 am

It disappoints me to hear about such a change to World War Z. I've been trying to keep my nose clean and not read anything on that movie just so the level of awesomeness I expected to be contained in that movie would make my head explode. But nooooooo. Now I'm going to still go and see this movie, pay WAY too much money to see it, say "you too" to the ticket guy when he tells me to enjoy my movie and feel like an idiot immediately afterwards, and then throw my Sour Patch Kids at the screen when the movie sucks.

I hope Max Brooks shoots someone.

Anyways, as for my own movie viewings, I have stumbled across quite a gem that I highly advise everyone to steer clear of. In all of the movies I've ever sat through, I've only gotten up and walked out of one (I Heart Huckabees) but this movie has now joined that list.

Super Hybrid.

I'm warning everyone. If someone hands you this movie and says "Hey, this is a pretty good flick. You should watch it." Take the movie from them, break in front of them, and then commence the face punching.

Spoiler:
Awesomeocalypse
Awesomeocalypse
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4