FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do YOU want for Christmas?

+9
Bugg Superstar
Loki
Aiswari Cara
Ragter the junior greeter
Kathryn Lacey
The Melancholy Spirit
Reffy
Gadreille
Fate Flyer
13 posters

Go down

What do YOU want for Christmas? Empty What do YOU want for Christmas?

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Christmas is just around the corner, and Thanksgiving is already nearly here! With the holidays so close, it's about that time to be making up and finishing your Christmas wish lists, if you haven't already. So what are you wishing for this year?

From my family, I'm just asking for money, since Tony/Axiom is going to put together a gaming computer for me with the money I get. However, my mom also expressed that she wanted to buy me a GPS for my car, which would be cool, and also some new Prada perfume.

I still don't know what to ask my fiancé, Tony, for though. Sweat Drop He's already given me his ideas, but I really don't know what I want! I mean, there are always things that I want, but for some reason now my brain is blank.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What do YOU want for Christmas? Empty Re: What do YOU want for Christmas?

Post by Gadreille Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 pm

I want to have all of my family happy and content during this season, instead of stressed out and upset for whatever reasons that the holidays seems to give...

Material wise, I want a bicycle for Christmas Smile Or at least have the tires replaced on my old one. I'm really due in for a new bike though, considering I got my last one in sixth grade o.o

I won't be getting anything from Silvone, because we are so poor, that if we did exchange gifts we'd likely end up doing the whole Gift of the Magi thing...I'd cut off my hair to get him a watch chain, and he'd sell his watch to buy me a hair comb. Or...I'd sell my fancy Nikon to get him a writing laptop and he'd sell his novel ideas to some movie company to buy me a lens for my camera. ^_^ Yea, something like that.
Gadreille
Gadreille
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reffy Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 pm

We're a little poor here too. It's going to be another small Christmas - but that's ok coz we have a great huge family who love spending time together. That is a present worth more than any money on the planet (I'm going to bake them all some cookies and cupcakes)

If I were to wish for anything it'd probably a new ratty cage and ratty hammock for my babies. They are so spoiled its not even funny.

For me, personally, not sure. Would love it if my family back home brought my book (NaNo novel) maybe a DvD to watch with hubby and enjoy over and over again. I'd be happy with some funky socks perhaps. I never know what I want ehehe.

I want to get a game for hubby but he's just told me to get him real shaving kit (he hates shaving with crappy blades) He's fed up with the shaving pain and has heard the type using real razor blades is smoother and less painful.

Reffy
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Female

http://awritersrecluse.proboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Aww, that so sweet of you, Ryona. Aww Hehe and a bike would be a wonderful gift! Lol ah, I certainly understand too how tight money can be. I would say that it'll be nice to just be able to spend time with family over the holidays and enjoy their company, but considering my family, that's not exactly a happy thought. XD Hopefully, that's not the case for you and Silvone though.

Ooooh, new rattie stuff would be great, Reffy! I absolutely love buying our rats things lol. Spoiling your babies is always a good feeling. Very Happy Buying the hubby a shaving kit is a really good idea. :] I think that must be common among guys, since I got Tony an electric shaver for a gift in the past. I'm sure it must be frustrating to always cut your face up with crappy blades if you're a guy lol.
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 pm

It probably is annoying, I've never had to worry about that though, Fate. ~chuckles~ Seriously, I can only grow facial hair around the center of my face and (annoyingly) the left side of my chin grows thicker than the right... it sucks.

Honestly, not liking the entire gift-exchange tradition I don't want anything for Christmas, at all. To me, it is just another day made special purely because of the winter magic of the Yuletide. If anything I’d just like to spend a relaxing day with someone enjoying each others company, out in snow covered mountain/forest wilderness and in front of a fireplace… that would be great. However, unless I happen to meet someone in the small amount of time left that isn’t going to be happening. Neutral

Meh, oh well.
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:24 pm

For Christmas, all I really want is what I already know I'm getting. I'm going to go to Utah for a couple of weeks to be with Jonathan for Christmas and for New Year's. I think it's really romantic to envision exchanging gifts on Christmas with one's lover, too, but that could be because I've never done it. Regardless, I got him a neat gift that I hope he enjoys, but I won't be stating it here because he'll see!

I never fully know what I want for Christmas as far as material things go. I do know that I appreciate gifts I can use again and again such as movies, books, television series, music, clothing, jewelry, etc. I'm not really a fan of getting things like nick-nacks or collector figurines or things like that because I really don't have a use for them. They just sit there collecting dust. Because of this, I can completely understand why someone would appreciate a nice razor for Christmas.

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Ah, I realize this is kind of selfish of me, but what I really want for Christmas, or sometime around my birthday in March, is a computer that doesn't freeze over the simplest thing. Have a couple tabs open and reading something? Oops, sorry, Firefox has frozen. It's getting irritating to me now how often it's freezing for no reason whatsoever.

On a more..sentimental note, I'll just be spending Christmas with my mom and sister, probably. I always find that small Christmas festivities are often the best ones.
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiswari Cara Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm gonna be having Christmas with my family and possible the fiance's family as well, but what I really want for Christmas, is a new set of tires. My current ones on the back are ridiculously bad, needing to be changed six months ago, and my front left is too small Doh. I hate Washington, NC lol.
Aiswari Cara
Aiswari Cara
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Melancholy Spirit -- Oooh, yes, I'd say consider yourself lucky then. ^_^ Or, rather, considering yourself lucky that you don't nick yourself shaving much. I think growing more hair in some places than others though is at least pretty common, so don't worry too much. You are not alone! :>

Aww, that sounds very sweet and lovely. Well, here's wishing you all the best of luck in finding that special someone, and if not before Christmas, then very soon.

Kathryn -- Aw, how wonderful, hon! I'm sure you and Jonathan will have such a great time spending Christmas together. ^_^ Ohh, and I'm guessing he will love whatever you've gotten him too!

I'm the same way with gifts as you then, I think. I'll never be that lady either one day who collects nick-nacks and Isabel Blooms (they're these small statues that are popular in the Quad Cities -- you might actually be familiar with them!).

Ragter -- Oh, God. That would annoy me too. I hope that you manage to get a new one then. Working on computers that freeze or that have programs that crash is really incredibly irritating. (While mine is fine, the school computers I work on crash countless times on me during class, so I know how painful that can be!)

Aiswari Cara -- Aw, that sounds like a good Christmas. Oh, yikes! I hope you can get some new tires then!!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah, I’ve heard it is a quite common trait for those of Irish descent. It wouldn’t be as annoying if I didn’t want to grow facial hair in the specific way that I do. ~laughs~ Ah, oh well. I can live with it, not really that big of a deal.

Thanks. Smile
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:15 am

I already know what I am getting my pup.

As for me, I'm still not too certain. A few new 360 games are coming out that I am interested in, but not sure if I'm going to ask for them yet. Snow blades has been on my list for a few years now, but I don't get a chance to go skiing enough to make it a reasonable investment. I guess I have more thinking to do regarding this.
Loki
Loki
Guardian Ghost
Guardian Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am

I try not to worry about what I'm getting as much as that people like what I'm giving. Perhaps that's some sort of compulsive approval-seeking behavior on my part, but it's where I'm at. I derive a much greater satisfaction in the giving of a good gift than the getting.

I subscribed to mailing lists with coupons and deals and so forth, and I'm just waiting for those to hit so I can swoop in on the deals. I also have to pick something up for a wedding that I'm attending early next month, which doesn't leave me much time. Anyway, gift exchange in my neck of the woods tends to be pretty down-to-earth stuff. The best gift (in terms of value and use to myself) I ever got was a $10 dollar shower head, so I consider myself pretty easy to shop for. I prefer things that I'd use on a daily basis that improve my life in the small ways.

After Xmas, I may pick up an e-reader from B&N, but that's iffy, because I'm going to rack up the bills next year with going to the Baltimore International College's culinary school -- that's right, I'm ditching the cubicle farm for the kitchen! Pirate Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugg Superstar Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:52 am

Snowy slopes to put my alpine skiing skills to good use is enough for me. Can't wait for getting the exams done so I can go home for a long and rewarding holyday.

Money would be nice too, being a student I need all the economic aid I can get. The student loan is just enough to get by, can't even go out to the bars without being broke the last week before the next payment. Funny Drunk

The christmas eve dinner is also a great present for me. Norwegian cuisine might be generally bland, but when it comes to such celebrations it blows everything else out of the water. Also, the heated discussions about politics once enough akvavit has been consumed is a great part of christmas for me, hehehe.

Funny how growing up change your perceptions. All I cared about was the presents back when I was a kid, but now the christmas wishlist is the least of my concerns. I think I am beginning to understand why family is so important for you older guys.

Bugg Superstar
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiswari Cara Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:29 pm

I definitely understand the student situation. I'm in the same boat, but I have no loan to go from Sad. I used to be the same way with presents, but I agree, as you get older, you learn to appreciate the family and friends around you more.
Aiswari Cara
Aiswari Cara
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Material wise me and my husband have already exchanged our gifts. He got a PSP with an assortment of games and I got a Canon PowerShot camera (which is love by the way). But as for Christmas itself I really wish we could be with our families. This is our first Christmas away and it know Thanksgiving was hard, I can only imagine what Christmas is going to be like. Especially seeing as how my husband leaves again come new years and won't be back until July. So pretty much we're not celebrating Christmas this year. We're about to move into our own place which is exciting and since all of our stuff is back in Texas (including our decorations) we're just going to probably go watch movies all day.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Ragter the junior greeter wrote:Ah, I realize this is kind of selfish of me, but what I really want for Christmas, or sometime around my birthday in March, is a computer that doesn't freeze over the simplest thing. Have a couple tabs open and reading something? Oops, sorry, Firefox has frozen. It's getting irritating to me now how often it's freezing for no reason whatsoever.

I just got my Windows 7 upgrade. ;o Good stuff.

I'm wanting a GPS for my car. Mainly because there's nothing else to get me... Other than car-care stuffs.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Stion Gyas wrote:I just got my Windows 7 upgrade. ;o Good stuff.

I'm wanting a GPS for my car. Mainly because there's nothing else to get me... Other than car-care stuffs.

Do you have to buy the upgrade or how does that work? Cause I've been meaning to get mine upgraded.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stion Gyas Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Sighlent wrote:
Stion Gyas wrote:I just got my Windows 7 upgrade. ;o Good stuff.

Do you have to buy the upgrade or how does that work? Cause I've been meaning to get mine upgraded.

Well, I bought mine, and got a free upgrade. If you bought a new computer within a certain deadline you could sign up for a free upgrade. I got mine within that deadline. Also, the university I go to made a contract with Microsoft. I got Office 2007, and Windows 7 64-bit for $14 total.

Unfortunately, the asking price for Windows 7 is much higher than $7, so... spend $75+ USD or "acquire" a copy.

Still, for the price, it is quite lovely. I noticed an immediate difference in how it runs. I used to have to run Crysis on Medium-Low detail (Custom settings), I can now up to Medium-high. (Crysis is one of the most graphically advanced games out). Plus, the freezing common to Vista is gone. Windows 7 is more RAM friendly.
Stion Gyas
Stion Gyas
Spectral Light
Spectral Light

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HenchmenF Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm

One thing.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

I'm also getting some clothes, some Axe, and some other stuff. But, that's the main thing I want for Christmas.

I'm also going on a cruise for Christmas, so, I'm happy about that.
HenchmenF
HenchmenF
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Meh, I really haven't given much thought to what I want for Christmas. I'm in the same boat as a lot of you in that the material things don't seem as important as the years pass. I asked for a new alarm clock that can charge my iPod and a better hair straightener because my old one doesn't work well and I'm tired of always putting it back in a ponytail XP. I think my parents have some kind of surprise in store, but I have no idea what it is. Since I'm an only child, they still enjoy Christmas shopping for me. Usually I end up getting money from my relatives, which I greatly appreciate as a college student Very Happy

I think my main concern this year is what I'm going to get for my friends and family. I want to go Christmas shopping for my college friends, but the main challenge will be not breaking the bank. Anybody have good cheap gift ideas for guys or girls? I've come to really enjoy giving people gifts and knowing that they are happy. Also, time with my friends and family over Christmas break is certainly going to be more precious than material gifts because those memories will last far longer.
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down