FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting!

5 posters

Go down

Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting! Empty Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting!

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 pm

I had a crazy dream last night, and when I woke this morning I found myself mentally plotting it out in a story and now I’m rather satisfied with the results. Smile So… let’s begin with the basic plot!

The story revolves around a small group of hired help, mostly thieves, muscle-men, the sort of people that aren’t ‘evil’ but rather neutral in character, and are often frowned upon for simply looking out for themselves. (Most of the time.) They’re the sort of people who do what they have to do in order to survive. Times are rough; think Gotham city. Crime is high, mostly involving things such as theft, bank robbing and drug pushing. People are in desperate times, and because of that, more are turning to ‘other’ means of acquiring an extra income.

So within this hired help two people stand out the most; a man and a woman. The two have a history together, whether that involves simply growing up as friends, meeting in high school or even at their first job, it doesn’t matter. They’ve had a history together, and wound up rather close (See: romantic interest Wink ). They also have a rare talent of working –very- well with one another, almost as if they could read one another’s mind. It’s always been that way, it’s nothing they question, so as life moved on and they grew older, they began to work and ‘grow’ because of their performances.

As hired help they’re used to getting involved on any side of the law; their latest hire was a Detective named Rick Harris, who they find over the span of their duties to be a twisted man with his own desires and pleasures in mind. But it’s a paying job, and like everyone they’re suffering for money, refusing would be foolish.

The city is trying to clean itself, there are cops and those who really are there fighting to make the world a better place and it was one of these officers that had found evidence of the Harris’ misdeeds. He confronted him while in the middle of some of his darker deals; and was shot in killed. The woman (the one I’d like to play) was at the scene when it happened; and while she was trying to talk the crooked Detective out of acting out of hand; crossed line of fire; the bullet went through the good-cop, and into her.

Her partner arrives some time later, finding her on the ground, bleeding, and crying out for help, so enraged/distracted/ he’s unable to take her to the hospital. When he turns around to get to her some time later, her body was gone.

And here we add the twist. ^_^ Super heroes aren’t unknown, but they aren’t very common either. Science is at a level where people are easily put back together again after car accidents, with bionic parts and, after some experiments, were in better health and function than when they began. Of course, in order to get such work done you had to have money. Which most lack.

It is months (maybe over a year) later that the two partners stumble upon one another; she has changed, her basic features are the same; but her hair is shorter, and her hazel eyes were now a pure amber; one of the signs hinting at chemical changes within the body. (Those often under the knife after a life altering surgery have their eyes change color because of the stress on the body, and the change within.) There’s relief in her partner at first; he hadn’t stopped searching and looking for information on her over that time; but when he confronts her he finds an emotionless woman who remembers nothing, trailing behind a man named “Simon” who seems to have a solid grip in controlling her. Enraged, worried, and baffled, the man starts his investigation once more on what happened; and now that he has a name and confirmation that she was alive, he brings out the others to investigate.

Things aren’t easy to discover, there is a lot of ‘perfect’ information about this Simon, placing him as a rich man who makes several generous donations a year. He’s known to save lives; paying for operations families can’t afford, and often he’s on the news talking about how everyone should reunite to get out of this depression the world is slumping in; and his stand against those calling themselves ‘super heroes’. Research finds him untouchable; too perfect, but it’s that flawless information that tightens the unease. The deeper they dig, the more they find the information repetitive and flattering.

Some of these ‘heroes’ have been killed off during these investigations, claiming freak accidents on the news, and little investigation on the part of the head Detective; who is no other than the Detective Harris who had shot and assumed to kill their partner. Somehow it’s all connected, and the team begins to try to dig deep to get at the root of the problem; while moving to try and protect their ‘heroes’ at the same time.

I’m open to suggestions and ideas; and there is –plenty- of room for changes that would make a better fit to our characters. ^__^ There are several parts that can be played here, but I’d like to avoid making this thread too large less it gets overwhelming. Does anyone have any questions? Would like to join in? We can add twists if you’d like; perhaps after the two partners were separated, the man, (who ever he’s name will be) takes some tests of his own and becomes a sort of vigilante in a change of heart to stop such detectives like Harris. A man who seems untouchable in this age. I’m open for ideas!

Last edited by Shades Of Gray on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting! Empty Re: Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting!

Post by Rusty Wings Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Ooo, this sounds like it could be fun. I express interest. =D
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting! Empty Re: Vigilante/Super Hero theme, anyone? Open! Recruiting!

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:00 pm

Ugh, XD I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that you're using Robin as your Icon. I love batman! *Points at her Tattoo* See?!

Aww

You just made my day!

As for the RP: Yes please! If you have interest, I'd be more than pleased to have you!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Anyone interested? *Pokes Rusty Wings* I think she's currently occupied with a busy schedual at the moment. *Siiigh*
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Egh, sorry, yeah, I'm a really busy girl. Junior year is crushing me.
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:19 pm

No worries! If you're still interested, let me know, and I can be patient and wait for things to settle down. I've been swamped with college work and can share your pain. But if you're opting out; let me know also. ^_^

And in case I miss it; Happy Birthday! I saw that it was coming up.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Hehe, thanks! I'm so busy I probably won't get to celebrate it until, like, a month later, but whatevs. xD

And I'll let you know if things stop being so fail, I'd love to be a part of this.
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Not to worry! Would you like me to put up a starter post then, and we can pick at this at our leisure? If so, what sort of character would you like to play? Where would you prefer to start; and do you have any questions for me?

Important: God oh god... -Where- did you get your avitar??? I don't recognize that photo from any of the Batman shows/movies I've seen. Is there a new one?? Please share! I've been dying to know since I've seen it!

Also: feel free to add me to messenger if you'd like! Maybe we'll be on at the same time, somepoint, and we can put our heads together about the plot! I'm excited to start this!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 pm

That'd be rad! It probably doesn't surprise you that I'd like to be a superhero, but I'm still trying to decide whether I should just go with what I know and be a super or try to broaden my horizons some and be someone else. I'm thinking that maybe now with all this stress on me is probably a bad time to be horizon-broadening, though, since God knows I don't need any more research to do... xDD But yeah, I'm still thinking about that and will try to get a definitive answer no later than... Uh, Wednesday, we'll say.

And haha, my avi was actually drawn by an amazing artist I follow on deviantART - I've linked to her in my siggy, but here's a link, too: =eiko-chan. You should look at her Batman art - it's stunning, I absolutely adore it. That I know of, however, no new (well, no good) movies or shows or anything have come out recently. But I'm hoping I can get some new comics for my birthday!! *crosses fingers*

And I surely will add you on messenger!! *goes to do that now*
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Except that for some reason my internets aren't letting me add you... Uh, plan B, then. ^^;
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:15 pm

*Whimpers* Damn it! I was hoping for a new show that had such excellent art... I'm sobbing a little inside!

Not that I have cable to watch it... and not that I have the time just now...>.> But it would have been an eye-gasm, all the same.

Go with what you're most comfortable with! I'm not particular either way, and if, later on, you feel like a change, we can make an arrangement I'm sure! (You'll find that I'm not a pick person Wink ) I'm going to have to look at this Eiko-chan's page, though alas! I believe it shall have to wait until sometime tonight! I'm about to run off for photography *Sighs* I'm really not sure what these three hours are going to be spent doing, but we'll see... Maybe I'll get lucky and aquire my negatives again. I fell in love with a few prints I'd love to make extras of. Aww

Well, I suppose the next step is for me to get a damn post up, huh? Or at lthe very least; a character bio. Aww I'll link ya whenever it surfaces.
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, if it makes you feel any better she did this series of screenshots that she drew to look like scenes from a movie... but that's a little disappointing, too, because they're so amazingly wondiferously awesome that they make you wish they were screenshots from a real movie, not just her drawing scenes. xD

And I'm pretty sure I will just go with what I know, on this one at least... and maybe when I'm more comfortable I could toss a new character in or something and be two people, if that's good with you. And good luck about the photography thing!

And link-promise is appreciated!

Also, you probably won't hear from me at all Friday and Saturday, and there is an incredibly small chance of you hearing from me Sunday or Monday, soo... *hugs* Ta-ta for now, I suppose!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:08 pm

I just took a gander at Eiko-Chan's page, and pretty much fell in love with everything there. You're right about those 'screen' shots... all hope vanished by the joy of my eye-gasm... I wish it were real!

Photography was kind of a bust; I was in my three hour class for thirty minutes; the teacher didn't have anything for us to do so it kinda felt like a waste of gas; but oh well! I did find out that I'm supposed to go to a museum this weekend though to write about an art piece that catches my eye... So I'll be rather busy this weekend as well, no worries about not being able to drop by the site until later; life comes first!

I still have yet to get her profile up; hopefully soon. I'm still trying to decide everything I want her to be able to 'do'. Toodles till later!

Edit: Here's the profile. Her's is at the bottom; there are two parts, just fyi!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Is there supposed to be a link or something here...? ^^;
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:47 am

*Huff* Well... shit. I guess that would be kind of important, huh? *Completely didn't post a link... whoops. Sweat Drop*

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/the-archives-f37/shade-s-minions-t22.htm#37065

There! It's the very last profile; the top is before the changes, the bottom is after. Hope it makes sense!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 am

I would also be interested but I would have to know what types of Heroes are we talking about. I have use a set of powers before that are excellent for bank robbers yet not so much on the actual fighting side. Since the abilities have no direct attack part for people. Here is a bit about it that Is from an old profile. I liked the powers so much that I want to use them again. Then again that was a more of a hero vs hero type RP which had some epic battles. Here is a basic outline of the abilities.

He can create and manipulate electricity. He is very bad at using his lightning as a direct attack. He learned that he is much better at condensing and uncondensing electrical energy than anything else so he specializes in making ball lightning into an attack. He has enough control to make it so it explodes in the direction he wants but any concussive force that bounces off walls he will feel. He also learned how to channel large amounts of electrical energy through his body and using a metal object like a weapon to conduct the electricity. If he is in direct contact with someone he can control their body by using his electrical energy to make their muscles move.

His negation ability is the ability to remove other super hero abilities for a limited time. He reroutes the electrical impulses in a hero's body so that they can't access their abilities but only a maximum of two people and he can't use his other electrical abilities while using this ability.

His major drawback is that he can’t use both powers at the same time. He has to choose one or the other to use. He also can't directly attack anyone unless he is touching them.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Wave

I prefer to have these 'superheros' a little different then most, (or so I hope they are.) Instead of 'mutants' or beings from another planet that sup energy through the rays of the sun, these are all 'normal' people. It's a day and age where technology is at it's prime. People who were once mangled in a car accident can go through such procedures that make them better than before. Sometimes, however, there can be a 'leak' of all the metal and bits inside that it effects the brain. (Sometimes, also, certain cuts in the brain, though unexplained, and highly researched, also creates the same effects.) Since the human brain is so unknown, and we indeed only use so little of it, these happenings 'grant' special abilities that the more mundane person can't obtain. (Or are unaware how).

So if you'd like to get a vague idea, take a look at my profile linked in my previous post, it'll give you an idea of what my character is able to do. :3

Hope that helps!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Mmmmkay, I'ma try and come up with something...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:17 pm

^__^ Most excellent! I'm excited to see what you create!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:43 pm

REBOOT

If Rusty Wings has already decided to play Olivia's companion other options have surfaced within my devious mind. I will comprise the role of Simon.

SIMON SAYS
EVERYBODY JUMP!

coming at you larger than life!
Once a villain, always a villain.
It's my nature
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm

What if I were to play a normal not-altered human whose parents were "heroes" who got killed off during the investigations, and so now he's trying to figure out what really killed his parents since he's not buying the "accident" they're supposed to have been in?
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Klikxx Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am

The idea works. I have been thowing around the idea of a reporter type poking around to get answers. A mundane investigating the "death" of his parents would serve much the same purpose. Throw a rough of your character out there. Nothing fancy so we can get some ideas on tying it into certain things we want to explore. So I assume your character would rely more on gadgets?
Klikxx
Klikxx
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 am

Yep, that's what I'm goin for.
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Crain_S Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:24 am

Hey there, happy peppy people. If you are still looking for people for this, i would like to join. I was thinking of a mercenary/thief character. I would like to see what you guys are using so i can temper my own imagination, so will you be posting Bio's in this thread, or elsewhere?
Crain_S
Crain_S
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shades Of Gray Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Hello, Crain_S! I apologize, I've been behind on everything because of college work, I don't know how the hell I'm going to do all of this once I get working again. (Yikes!)

I got a kick in the butt from Klikxx, and was actually about to post the OOC until I saw this lovely post. You're welcome to join, profiles will be posted in the OCC, titled "One Fateful Night OCC" We're looking forward to see you there!
Shades Of Gray
Shades Of Gray
Poltergeist
Poltergeist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Heavens to Betsy, I've been gone so long!! >.< So sorry about that. I really hope this whole "way too busy for a life" thing isn't going to be a permanent side effect of junior year... I've never been so overworked in my life. I've got a lot of writing to be doing for AP US History and the Young Author's Fair, but I will try to find breaks in which to draw up a profile! I'm so sorry I'm so persistently absent!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 pm

Egh, I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do this. I'm so sorry, I've just got too much on my plate now. =(
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down