FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOG's Theme Song!

+3
Sighlent
thecolorisred
Lumeus
7 posters

Go down

FOG's Theme Song!  Empty FOG's Theme Song!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:26 pm

I found this song a few years ago and I absolutely loved it, and when I came to FOG, I swore this placed reminded me of this song.

So!

I made a Myspace for FOG's music. I'll be playing more and recording and adding them to the myspace.

The song is Called:

Spring Time- Yiruma. Some of you guys might know it (I did not write this song, I only did a cover and changed a few things. )

Its not perfect, but its good.

If you have suggestions of songs you really like and want me to learn it/ Record it, post here Smile please.. Piano only. XD

I was blessed by my parents - Awesome recording room.

Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/footstepsfog

I dont know any other way to post the music to you, I'd like to actually get it on the Page, so that when people enter it'll play, because that'd be rad. But there you guys go, I said I'd do it! Smile

Spread the word!

Edit

So a little more information about me and the music I have posted so far.

I stayed up late last night searching around in my recording stash looking for songs I wanted to post. Which I have done, and I realized "Wow I really like Final Fantasy music" Well I didn't Realize, I know for sure.

I absolutely Adore the writers of all the piano literature for Final Fantasy. Love love love them about as much as I love hot cocoa, which is a lot. I'll run your grandma over for hot cocoa.

So yes, I did get accepted to Berklee school for music, I go for Piano. I would of gotten to a place higher if I didn't spend so much time on silly "Unprofessional" pieces like these. But WHAT EVERR BERKLEEEEE

My Dream actually, as a Piano Player is to compose music for video games or movies.. or at least something nice. I've spent a long time trying to come up with songs, and basically the Sound I love, is the Final Fantasy Sound, specifically in FFX. Its so hard to write in my opinion, music without stealing the idea's of other people.

Well anyways, I have a few pieces you might enjoy to "easy listen" to when roleplaying or browsing the sight. Im looking for a more variety, but im actually really picky.

Few words on FOG's Theme:

It isn't the best I had ever played it, I just recently learned it, and you might notice its not nearly as good as my other pieces. The way it flows and sounds, I typically spend months perfecting a piece, and it never gets perfect, the way I want it. I do spend around 2-7 hours on the Piano a day, depending on my mood. The older pieces, trailing behind FOG's theme are much older and I spent some of them years to get them to sound the way they do.

I really got interested in Movie/Video Game music when I was about in.. 7th Grade, by 9th grade I had become obsessed with it, and Then I discovered "To Zanarkand" which is my ultimate favorite piece to play ever. When people say "Hey Nick, sit down play me something" To Zanarkand always flows from my fingers. Its Nuts. "No nick, you're nuts" yes.

So the music Posted so far:

Not up to date, Had to edit the list, these songs are still here.. plus more- Not in same order. Looking for a certain song? Scroll down!

1. Toy Story- You got a friend in me . Piano
2. Gerudo Valley. Piano
3. Sit back, Enjoy the view (Original, Vocal)
4. Neon Genisis Evangelion - Fly me to the moon. Piano
5. That La La La Lady (Chelsea and I) - Vocal duet
6. Leonard Cohen- Hallelujah - Vocal, Duet.
7. FF IX Eternal Harvest - Piano
8. Spring Time - Piano
9. KHII - Passion (Cover) - Piano
10. Killer Cigs - Vocal
11. DNAngel - Through Pain - Piano
12. Trail of Tears - Piano

Toy Story seems a little weird in the middle. And also the random gliss might throw you off, but it was fun! Thats what it is all about. Love that song!

Edit..#2

hmm..
This may not of been the best place in the world to put this
Heh, Oh wells.

Theme from Riekon
I noticed some other people have recording things, Im not stealing any Mojo. We're all good, dont eat me.

Rie= Nub

Hmm.. Footstepsofghosts would actually be a pretty killer band name

Ps. Chopin is my inspiration for most of my writings.. and FFX
GO CHOPIN

Addition : The list of songs will change over time, this is an older post. I will try to edit this to get it right to the current time, but do beware. Read other posts Smile

Last edited by Riekon on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

FOG's Theme Song!  Empty Re: FOG's Theme Song!

Post by Lumeus Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 pm

So, I've been writing this piece that has been inspired by this site but I can't play piano. Would it be okay if I sent you the sheet music to get your opinion on it?

My hope is to get it good enough that it resembles an actual piano piece.

Last edited by Lumeus on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 am

Oh yes! Send it my way

NickD1914@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thecolorisred Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

*requests for Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies - and if he could, Turkish March of Flight of the Bumblebee*

>:3 mwahahahahaha.
thecolorisred
thecolorisred
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 am

As you wish Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Holy shit, you're really good at the piano! Also, I loved the Boys Like Girls cover. I <3 them too. Very Happy

But seriously, wow. In school I was a bandie, I played the trumpet but was evidently really good at it. Unfortunately, after school I stopped playing and haven't since as the sense of nostalgia is almost unbearable but just keep at it, ok? If not you're just going to regret it, believe me. I loved being able to express myself via music! I was a pretty quiet person in school but whenever I played people listened. It's a pretty powerful feeling whenever you are able to do something like that. But like I said just keep at it. You're a really wonderful musician and I'm pretty sure that you well understand the concepts of the piano better than most just by listening to you play so who know? Maybe one day your dream of being able to compose one day isn't that out there. Smile
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Well that was inspirational. Thank you, for your kind words Smile

Trumpets = <3

XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah I know. And I was totally bad ass too! Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Do you have Finale 2009 by any chance?
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:28 pm

I do

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Excellent. Sending you the Finale file will make it much easier.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xraineyesx Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Rie, loveeee, I wish I could listen to them. Stupid, stupid, stupid dial-up! I will when I go back to school... In late August... Damnit.

But I bet they're wonderful. I can't wait to hear them!
xraineyesx
xraineyesx
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvan Arrow Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:40 pm

So...I got curious and decided to listen to these. Let's see...how should I put this...

WOW!!!!

I loved all of them! I think Passion was probably my favorite because I LOVE KHII!!! It was gentle and soothing, yet intense and emotional at the same time. But holy crap, you're good at the piano! I never stuck with playing an instrument for long enough to get good at it, so I really respect musicians who devote so much time and effort into their art to produce such lovely pieces like these. I've never actually heard Spring Time before, but I almost don't want to listen to the original for fear of being underwhelmed after hearing your cover version. I think it makes a great theme song for FOG. I hope you record more music soon!
Silvan Arrow
Silvan Arrow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:35 am

Wow! Impressive, Riekon!! Clap Clap

2-7 hours a day?? Shocked
You'll be a genius at it in 6 years, at that rate -- but that not counting all the time you've put into it already! Very Happy

(there's this study somewhere that says it takes 10,000 hours of doing something before you go from Good to Brilliant at it)

Go Riekon!! cheers Clap
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 am

Ahaha Red, I have the Nut Cracker Suit that I played 2 years ago at Christmas Recital, its 15 minutes long ahah.
I wont post that, but its completely beast. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am

Hey you SHOULD post it! Cause the Nutcracker is....well it's amazing of course.

AND

You should get on chat. -_-
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:06 pm

Prelude, Op. 28, No. 15, "Raindrop"

The Peanuts Theme.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:09 pm

I love the Peanut's theme. XD I'll record them soon! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Addition:

For those who love piano music and would like more of my work, I have actually emailed music to a few people. I have 10 songs (Not including the songs posted on the myspace) that I'd send out, and if you want the ones on Myspace I can include those as well.

PM me if you'd like them, We'll exchange emails and what have it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:27 am

So after hearing the very beginning of your Canon in D, I think it would be awesome if you could play Andrew Lloyd Weber's "Music of the Night."
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Because of my surgery I havent really been able to post many songs, as I haven't gotten to recording it just yet. But I promise I will put a few new songs that have been requested as soon as I can. Thanks!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I just read through all of the comments and I have to say I am excited to listen to what you have to offer!

I also used to dabble with the piano... but then I stopped because moving a piano from Los Angeles to Montreal is... well it sucks. Razz

Anyway, more to come after I listen to your music!

Edit: Wow, ok, that is really good! Smile

For Spring Time, I recommend revising the sheet if there any harmony mistakes. I thought I could spot a few, but that is totally fine. The fact that you wrote the piece is already stunning.

For The Red Moon... I have to say it is on of my favorites. But I realized something again; when you do a descent into the lower tones there seems to be an odd discord going on there. it might be the piano or a error in harmonisation. I have to say though, it is barely audible.

I have to say your 'pece de resistance' is what you did with the Canon in D. I love how you gave that jazzy-theme to one of my favorite pieces of all time.

Please, if you have anything new, I would love to hear it!
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 pm

!!! I have updated Myspace with my recent art works..and old too.

One thing though! I had to alot of the older songs off of the Public list, HOW EVER- if You really would like an old song back, Do tell. I'll place it back onto the public list.

Okay okay, so this time- I do indeed have some vocal shit. Of me.. and my girlfriend Chelsea! Hurray. It was great, good times.

So the new songs:

Disney- Toy story - you've got a friend in me (Piano) - By the way its really awkward, and theres a funny gliss in it, I did it for fun- That is indeed what it is all about!

Gerudo Valley - Piano

Sit Back, Enjoy the view - Vocal / Guitar (This song was written for my sister a few weeks before her death. RIP beloved sister. I love you.) Original

Neon Genisis Evangelion - Fly me to the Moon (Piano)

That La La La Lady ft Chelsea - vocal Duet - Original

FF IX- Eternal Harvest (Piano)

Loenard Cohen - Hallelujah.

Killer Cigs - Vocal.

DNAngel - Through Pain - Piano

Trail of Tears (Original) - Piano

By the way, I hate my voice.. but I continue to record because I like to do it. Do not judge.

I have upgraded the Myspace to take more Public songs, how ever it doesnt seem to be adding 20 like it said - there is Ad's. So beware. Thank you ! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dax Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Ok, Rie, I have just heard to all your new songs and I still remember the old ones. All I have to say right now is: how the hell do you not have a record deal?

Get on the IRC, I need to compliment you more.
Dax
Dax
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumeus Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Aw, the Leonard Cohen- Hallelujah song isn't on the playlist.

Love the other stuff though. Your girl can sing.
Lumeus
Lumeus
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 pm

I'll fix that. I had to re-arrange some crap for Dax, I'll try to fix that for you.

And thank you! I'll be sure to tell her you said that Smile

Edit:

I just checked, It is there- Just near the bottom of the list- Scroll down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down