FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kraken Project

+2
Rusty Wings
Dio the Awesome
6 posters

Go down

The Kraken Project Empty The Kraken Project

Post by Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

So this is my first Caligo roleplay. I thought I would give this a try seeing as how I finally have my character sheet completed and ready to go.

In a present day Caligo, the governing authorities of the island are concerned for their well-being now that these visitors from across the sea have arrived, bearing weapons and armor, and an intent to take anything of interest.

Several squadrens of Caligo's own security forces have been dispatched to the beaches, constantly on patrol and keeping these visitors at bay. They know that a foreign naval base has been constructed off shore in the west. But no one has dared to declare an attack on the base, unaware of the true size or the forces that it holds. In the same manner, these invaders (later learned to be called "Blue Trinity") have remained on their own turf; avoiding any bloodshed...for the time being.

The Caligoans know that their Shades have a distinct advantage over Blue Trinity, and that this organization is trying its hardest to understand their power and their connection with the locals. However, the island's leaders fear that Blue Trinity will discover everything they need to know about their connection with the Shades.

------------------

Several years ago, my character's father had mysteriously disappeared at sea while conducting a research operation on aquatic life. What my character is unaware of, however, is that it was Blue Trinity that had taken his father. Only the company that his father had worked for knows about this, and they know why he was taken. With the government they are contracted under breathing down their knecks over this incident, they have been conducting several training exercises with Caligo's best to try and get him back.

The players of this roleplay will stumble upon this operation through Leon's family's connection with the company.

-----------The Authorial Post-----------

"God damnit!" Leon raced to get out of bed, realizing that he overslept was now late for class. He threw off the covers, and jumped on his feet. Quickly dodging around several holo-screens he had left laying on the floor from last night's studies, he made his way out of his room and into the dressing room across the hall. He pressed his palm against a reader on the wall to open to door to the shower stall and stepped inside, throwing off his clothes as he warmed up the water.

He allowed the refreshing feel of the water to rinse over his body for a brief few minutes before stepping back out and drying himself off with a towel. With merely minutes before the campus closed all doors to any more late students, Leon thew on a pair of pants, pulled over a tan sweater, an orange jacket, and matching scarf around his neck. He had nearly forgot about the shoes until he stepped out in the hallway again.

On his way out the front door he slammed right into Nicolae; who had dropped several bags of groceries as a result. "Hey!" his Shade yelled.

Leon glanced up at Nicolae, who was in his human form; sporting a black jacket and pants today with a white collered shirt. Nicolae always dressed in nice outfits when he chose to look like a human. "Sorry," Leon said. "What are you doing, anyway?"

"I was getting groceries for your family," Nicolae replied. "But I guess I'll have to return to that later. What are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Uh...," Leon wasn't sure what to say. He hated to dissappoint Nicolae; for he was, afterall, his Shade, and shared a similar interest in knowledge. Being late for class meant a whole night of listening to Nicolae going on and on about how important Leon's education was at this crucial age.

"You're late, aren't you?"

"No shit!" Leon was just about to race around him anyway; but Nicolae stood his ground.

"I'll give you a ride," his Shade said. Nicolae's eyes instantly dialated and soon, the white and retnas could no longer be seen. With a flash of light, Nicolae transformed into his large Inklaw form; towering above Leon. Nicolae waddled around to allow Leon to climbe on his back.

Grabbing ahold of the strong feathers, Leon pulled himself up and climbed high enough to wrapped his arms around Nicolae's thick neck. Holding on tightly, he could feel Nicolae begin to take off. Nicolae flapped his wings a few times until he gained enough air and then stretched out towards the horizon. It only took a few flaps of his wings to gain enough speed; after that, Nicolae used the winds to glide onward. Moving at nearly seventy miles-an-hour, Leon's hair whipped around in the wind, drying any moisture left over from the shower. His scarf and jacket kept his upper body protected against the cold winds of the atmosphere. Nicolae was able to reach the schools grounds just in time. Landing near a fountain in the court yard, he let Leon jump off. Nicolae reverted back to his human form again; his suit reappearing after the flash as if it had been hidden underneath his feathers.

"You know I'm-"

"I know! You're upset with me! I gotta go! Bye!" Leon raced off, leaving his Shade standing, dumb-founded in the middle of the court yard.

Nicolae watched Leon disappear around a corner and said, "Someday, that kid will learn to set his alarm."

------------------

Inside the classroom, the instructor was performing his daily roll call. When he reached the C's he called out for Leon. The instructor kept his eyes on his holo-screen. When there was no answer, he called Leon's name again. Finally, the instructor looked up and around the classroom; so did the other students. It was quite abnormal for Leon to not be in attendence.

"Leon? Has anybody seen Leon this morning?" the instructor asked the class. Everyone shook their heads no. The instructor shrugged his shoulders and was just about to put "absent" next to Leon's name. Then, to the heart-attack of the entire class, Leon burst through the door shouting.

"I'm here professor Gordon! Sorry I'm late!"

Gorden put his nuckles to his hips, still holding the holo-screen in one hand. "Leon Caston. Where in the world were you? I was just about to put you down as absent."

"Sorry, sir. My internal alarm clock didn't go off this morning."

Professor Gordon rolled his eyes and continued to take roll call. When he was finished, he dimmed the lights and flipped the switch to a 3D hologram projector in the middle of the room. Since the students were seated in a large circular room, facing the projector, everyone could see their own perspective of the floating images. Today, images of the world were being projected.

"Today," Gordon began, "we will begin to look outside the mists of Caligo. We are greatly unsure of what rests outside the fog. And it is perilous to venture too far out to sea to find out. But from ancient manuscripts and maps currently on display in the hallowed halls of our prestigous museums, we believe that..."

As Gordon continued with his lecture, Leon was jotting down notes on one of his holo-screens. Amilia leaned over after a while and placed her head on his arm. Leon felt a tingle in his spine and stopped writing. "What are you doing?" he whispered.

"How many of those things do you have?" Amilia asked, whispering as well so Gordon didn't overhear.

"Fifteen or so, I think."

"Fifteen? Wow. I don't see how anyone would waste their money on that many."

"I use a lot of memory on my notes with these things. So, the more I have the more I can write."

"Fascinating," she said, still keeping her head on his arm.

"Uhm, Amilia?"

"Yes?"

"I can't write with your head hogging my writing arm."

"Oops! Sorry."

---------------------------

I'll repost the Authorial Post if this gets enough interest.

Back to top Go down

The Kraken Project Empty Re: The Kraken Project

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Hmmm.... I had missed this while I was away. I'm always interested in Caligo roleplays, but I'm currently in one. If this drums up some more interest, I'll consider hoping on board.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Sounds cool! I express interest!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

http://www.sickburnsides.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm afraid this thread is a little dated, but if DJ is still around, and would like to try it, I'm still in.
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Teh blegh. Guess that's what happens when you don't check this website for forEVAR and then suddenly decide to see what's going on. xD
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Sorry guys, truly. I've been busy. I now work for Uncle Sam and the United States Air Force. (wh00t!)

If you two are still interested, I'm back and ready to roleplay again. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by hubris1987 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I would be willing to participate. My character is not a fighter, but I'm sure I can come up with an easy way to get him involved.
hubris1987
hubris1987
Mist
Mist

Male

http://www.dailyfrivolity.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Things are really busy for me, but I think I could probably find time to post still...
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Alright. I'll throw up the IC and see where it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by hubris1987 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:48 am

I'm watching the post. Ill chime in when I see an opening for my character.
hubris1987
hubris1987
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

What are you looking for, and maybe we can warp the story in your intrance's favor. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hubris1987 Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Well, Dale is not likely to be found at a school, so he'll pop in when you leave for elsewhere. Don't worry about it. I would rather the story develop naturally than have it be OOC modified to get my character in.
hubris1987
hubris1987
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Speaking of "OOC", I should probably request a mod have this thread moved to the OOC forum instead of keep in Interest Checks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:48 pm

I was wondering where we should go next with the roleplay. I'm leaning towards jumping over to the docks, but we could always start where our characters are just beginning to head over to the docks. I chose "east side" to hint that its a long distance across town. If we began by simply walking, then perhaps hubris's character can pass on by with his "beat up hover jeep" (I've read up on everyone's profiles) and give us a lift.

How about that? Or does anyone have another idea?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm good with that idea! ^^
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm

It is now in the OOC. Sorry it took me so long :3
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hubris1987 Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

That works for me.
hubris1987
hubris1987
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

I'd be quite interested in joining this as well, when the time comes. Since my character is not in high school she could meet them at the docks or something. I can come in whenever, if ever haha.
Indigo
Indigo
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Sorry, I know you guys are waiting on me to post. I'll try and get something up tonight. Been busy. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Haha, it's totally cool! ^^
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppydogZxZ Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:25 am

Hey, can I join too? This sounds like a really good RP! I can come in at a good time whenever. =3

and sorry if my Caligo sheet is a little scuffy!!! I had to kinda rush it at the end when I was making it, and I have yet to do a skim over and corrections!
PuppydogZxZ
PuppydogZxZ
Mist
Mist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 am

Anyone is welcome to join in! Smile Just be sure to catch up on any IC and OOC posts that you may have missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I am sensing that we are a little stuck...?

Would a time skip or something help?
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Whoops! Sorry! I didn't notice this. XD

I was actually waiting on hubris to post, but then again he's been knocked out by a F-22 flying 20 feet over his head at Mach 1.... so yeah....

I'll pick it up again at the hospital. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 am

Sounds good! ^^
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm

I certainly hope we haven't lost hubris! I rather liked him! D:
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been on a trip in the Ozarks. Anyway, I guess if we did lose Hubris or if he's on some hiatus, then we can always continue without him. I've delt with situations like these before, and most of the time, its really not the roleplayer's fault, life gets in the way (happens a lot to me!). So I forgive ya Hubris if you're reading this; just catch up if you decide to jump back in.

Go ahead and skip past us meeting him in the recovery room, Rusty. I'll let you pick where Leon and Lilah start out next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wings Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Kk can do!
Rusty Wings
Rusty Wings
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down